Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2015 11:46 AM

Sep 2010
According to Kagami this novel will have huge spoilers for the future as it reveals important secrets.

To Vampires, the name Michaela is sacred. Ferid and Crowley once were Michaela and they seemly had to change their name. It is considered a blessing and a curse. Mika wonders about his name (chosen by his cultist mother) because it's a girl's name. Ferid brings up the name to Crowley (who we find out is a XIII centuries crusader). All vampires were human once (no surprise).

As we know with Gurren prequel LN, the second ancestor is involved with the Hyakuya cult experiments. He's the guy who often visits Mika and gives him money for ice-cream.

"The angel Michaela fell from Heaven to the cruel/dirty Earth." Apparently, the key secret of the origin of vampires.

There are also flashbacks to Mika's past, some involving Yuu.
ThessDec 7, 2015 9:30 PM
Dec 5, 2015 1:35 PM

Apr 2011
Oh I thought there was a novel section for this because I saw it a few days ago. Weird.

Anyways, hello ^^
I saw this thread and decided to click in since I have read the spoilers around the first volume of the Michaela novel.

We got trolled so hard with the Michaela thing. We were all sure that it was about Mika but lol nope its about "The angel Michaela fell from Heaven to the cruel/dirty Earth." It got confused me at first when I read that Ferid and Crowley were once called Michaela. Anyways, we know they are different as terms but they are also similar since it's still the same name.

-In the first volume we mostly see about Crowley and his past. He was a crusander during the 13th century and was treated as a hero. He almost died during a fight with a vampire but Ferid saved him because "he is a Michaela". Crowley is also searching for the vampire that almost killed him.

-It's interesting to note that Mika knows his name is a feminine one. Actually, I wonder why the angel is called Michaela and not Michael? Does it mean it's a female angel?

The second ancestor's name is Saito, right? I will post some facts about him:
-He was a Hyakuya assasin.
-He drove Yuu from the orphanage which means that he and Yuu were together during the Apocalypse.
-He was last seen when he was put inside the Hyakuya Cell.
-Before Yuu was sent to the Hyakuya Orphanage, he was at the Hyakuya Laboratory together with a scientist and Saito.
-Yuu was consider the "Best Test/Candidate/Subject" for the experiment so he becoming a Seraph would be a bad thing.

This is all I've got so far (combined with yours as well). It's a very interesting start to the world of the vampires. I think the huge spoilers mostly involve Mika's name and the angel Michaela, what happened when the angel fell and met the humans, because my theory is that something was happening during that time in the human world and maybe Michaela decided to take action? So many questions with this series, Im excited for what it's yet to come.

Also, volume 2 will be out in Summer 2016.
Dec 5, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2010
It is about Mika, he's the main protagonist, but also covers the vampire side like Gurren has him as main protagonist but covers other stuff too.

I'm fairly sure Mika is connected to the angel Michaela. That's why his question acts like a catalyst for an audience's infodump. We do see Crowley's past too, but the focus is on Mika's more. We see Crowley's motivation too: he wants to track down the vampire who nearly killed him when he was human (Ferid saved him). That gives him a little more of dimension in general. I also liked he was a lauded hero as human.

As for Michaela, I wonder too about the angel's gender. I wouldn't put it pass Kagami to genderswap Michael, tbh.
ThessDec 7, 2015 9:31 PM
Dec 5, 2015 11:30 PM

Sep 2014
yuyyuka said:
"he is a Michaela".

"He" refers to who?

The second ancestor's name is Saito, right? I will post some facts about him:

Yes.

Do we have anything on how the Progenitor rankings work?
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 6, 2015 12:41 AM

Jan 2008
Ah, if Mikaela turns out to be a "she", I would be so happy. I mean, there would be more chances for a Yu/Mika ending. Well, I hope so. :D
Dec 6, 2015 3:44 AM

Apr 2011
Thess said:

Yes, of course Mika is the MC in the LN. I mostly meant that the novel will also focus in Michaela, the angel, who is obv related to him. Is just, the first time when I saw the scan with the word "Michaela" instead of "Mikaela" confused me until I read more spoilers.

Yeah, the question of Mika to Ferid about his name is an important fact. If anything it hints not only that he is connected to the angel but he is also an important Seraph as it's hinted Michaela is the angel that made humans vampires. Not to mention about the importance of the angel Michael in religion.

For Crowley, I found more info to his past:
-He tried to save his people from a vampire and that's how he was wounded so bad.
-His men were killed by said vampire.
Also, since Crowley is a crusander, he should be in Europe at that time.

I would love for Michaela to indeed be a female angel.

mira-nyan said:

"He" refers to Crowley.
When Ferid found him dying, after his battle with the vampire, he said that the reason he saved Crowley was because "He(Crowley) is a Michaela".
Now, I am not sure why the name/term Michaela is used on a human. It's safe to assume that Michaela made the first vampires and these vampires used the name to refer to themselves as such but later on they stopped using it as we learn from the discussion between Ferid and Crowley.

Not yet. Volume 1 only covers about what Thess and me posted about. I think we will learn as the volumes come out.

HatsumiShinogu said:

You mean Michaela not Mikaela.

Michaela is the angel that fell and Mika, is the person that has the same name as him/her and the possibility of Michaela be the Seraph inside him is very high if not confirmed already.

Not sure if the chances of Yuu/Mika happening will increase but if Yuu's Seraph is indeed Lucifer then it won't end good.

Edit: Forgot to add that Kagami said that the war of humans vs vampires has been going for 2.000 years.
Makise11Dec 6, 2015 7:46 AM
Dec 6, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2014
So Mika is Mikaela and the angel is Michaela?

Or is Mika's name short for Michaela, too?
Dec 6, 2015 7:45 AM

Apr 2011
mira-nyan said:
So Mika is Mikaela and the angel is Michaela?

Or is Mika's name short for Michaela, too?

Yes, to the first question.
Mika's mother named him after Michaela the Angel, but used the Russian version of it which is Mikaela. She found about the name from the Hyakuya Church which she was obessed with and named her son after that name. So the nickname Mika only works with k in the Russian version.

Also, some facts about Mika:
-His mother was Japanese (thus the surname Shindo) and his father, Russian.
-He was abused by his parents (we know that, but if I am not wrong it's mentioned his father was alcoholic? Still not 100% sure about this).
-He tried to be a good kid and have good manners to stop his parents from abusing him.
-His parents died in a car accident when he was 4.
Makise11Dec 7, 2015 6:58 AM
Dec 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Poor Mika I just don't get who would abuse such a sweet and innocent child like him. Thanks for posting some things about the light novel guys. I knew some of them, but not all. :)
Dec 6, 2015 12:16 PM

Sep 2014
Inb4 1st Progenitor is called Astaroth.
Dec 6, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2008
I throw my wild 2 cents in and call that it'll be Ashera Tepes!
Aryashine!
Dec 7, 2015 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
Before reading this, have in mind a few facts about the vampires that came from the new fanbook:

-No body heat aka cold bodies
-They can't digest food.
-They have no sexual desire.
-Drinking blood feels "good"/"heats up" both them and the human/vampire they drink from.

If we take into account the last one, it means that drinking blood is the closest think they have to experience some sort of sex. Now, in literature and folklore, the action of drinking blood directly from the source has been connected with sex itself.

So what I am about to post might be very sensitive for some people (maybe?) but it's from the LN so I think it's the right choice to post it.

It's a translation of the scene of where Ferid drinks blood from Mika for the first time. Credit translation goes to anon in 4chan.

Makise11Dec 7, 2015 8:15 AM
Dec 7, 2015 7:21 AM

Dec 2012
yuyyuka said:

I honestly thought this was a fanfiction
Dec 7, 2015 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
yuyyuka said:
You mean Michaela not Mikaela.

Michaela is the angel that fell and Mika, is the person that has the same name as him/her and the possibility of Michaela be the Seraph inside him is very high if not confirmed already.

Not sure if the chances of Yuu/Mika happening will increase but if Yuu's Seraph is indeed Lucifer then it won't end good.

So you mean the angel Michaela and Mika might be one and the same or what? And if Michaela turned out to be a female, then she might overtake Mika's body or something? Well, whatever happens, I think it'd be an interesting twist if Mika is or will become a she as I want him with Yu.

I really hope Mikaela's Story get licensed in the U.S.
Dec 7, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2011
kawaii-despair said:
yuyyuka said:

I honestly thought this was a fanfiction

Nope. True as it can be.

HatsumiShinogu said:
So you mean the angel Michaela and Mika might be one and the same or what? And if Michaela turned out to be a female, then she might overtake Mika's body or something? Well, whatever happens, I think it'd be an interesting twist if Mika is or will become a she as I want him with Yu.

I really hope Mikaela's Story get licensed in the U.S.

Not really. Mika is Mika, as a person himself. And Michaela the angel that fell. Now the possibility of his Seraph being Michaela is the highest because of the name relation mostly. And the reason why Krul might be so fond of him? And as I said, if Yuu's seraph is Lucifer (Guren called him the 6th trumpet) then Michaela being Mika's Seraph is already confirmed.

I don't think Seraphs change the reproduction organs you were born with. So far they have only given them wings and change their eye colors. And even if Michaela is a female, it still doesn't mean that MikaxYuu will happen.

Anyways, it really depends. I won't mind either way. But I want him to still be male if his Seraph is a female because I like his character design and I am used with him as a male.

Edit: Summary of the novel, by
http://sengenji.tumblr.com/post/134731614215/owari-no-seraph-light-novel-vampire-michaelas

That was pretty great. Crowley's past, never thought it would be that interesting.

"But then when they were driving on a highway at a high speed (with his father drunk driving), his mother threw Mika out of the car telling that it was time to fly and that Mika was a chosen child for his name’s special."
I wonder if this is her madness talking or it holds lots of truth.

“But I got involved. In the journey that was over 2 thousand years old. Ferid Bathory. Crowley Eusford. The destruction of the world and vampires. Angels. And demonds. The story of the damned name “Michaela” starts now.”

Well I'm hyped.
Makise11Dec 7, 2015 10:44 AM
Dec 7, 2015 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
well I'm so glad the novel is doing good

In just 4 days, Owari no Seraph: The Story of Vampire Michaela was sold out and received a 1st reprint.

Mikaela`s mother throw her from a car in movement because she think mika was the choosen one and she wanted to make her fly,making him broke some bones.Meanwhile ,his father ,drunk,just keep driving and speeding up the velocity.the 2 died in the crash.even if his father was drunk and agressive and beat him all the time,and her mother was obsesed with the religion,mika loved them

Oh my god Poor Mika :(
Dec 7, 2015 8:55 PM
Jun 2015
Shion657 said:
well I'm so glad the novel is doing good

In just 4 days, Owari no Seraph: The Story of Vampire Michaela was sold out and received a 1st reprint.

Mikaela`s mother throw her from a car in movement because she think mika was the choosen one and she wanted to make her fly,making him broke some bones.Meanwhile ,his father ,drunk,just keep driving and speeding up the velocity.the 2 died in the crash.even if his father was drunk and agressive and beat him all the time,and her mother was obsesed with the religion,mika loved them

Oh my god Poor Mika :(

Why did this happen to Mika :( I feel bad for him
Dec 7, 2015 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
Usachanman posted it on tumlr
http://sengenji.tumblr.com/
Whole novel here in Spoiler if you want to read

Shion657Dec 8, 2015 12:53 PM
Dec 8, 2015 7:35 AM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:
-snip-

Thanks for the link, but next time check the whole page. >.>

Dec 8, 2015 10:24 AM

Dec 2012
^ that's just the summary of the novel though that's not the whole thing. I like to read through it all.
Dec 8, 2015 11:44 AM

Apr 2011
Shion657 said:
^ that's just the summary of the novel though that's not the whole thing. I like to read through it all.

The tumblr user did a summary, which is what me linked and you copy-pasted here. It's the same thing.

Anyways, it's ok as long as you put it in the spoilers tag when there is a huge wall of text because it's easier that way.
Dec 8, 2015 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
yuyyuka said:
Shion657 said:

The tumblr user did a summary, which is what me linked and you copy-pasted here. It's the same thing.

Anyways, it's ok as long as you put it in the spoilers tag when there is a huge wall of text because it's easier that way.

I just decided to put the whole text from the user in case anyone wants to read it all from here instead I didn't see the whole novel posted. Also I had to put the link because it's not my work and I wanted it posted here. Plus my friends wanted to read it, but tumblr lags for them.
Shion657Dec 8, 2015 12:56 PM
Dec 23, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2013

Thread Moved To Owari no Seraph: Kyuuketsuki Mikaela no Monogatari Novel Board
Dec 24, 2015 3:50 AM

Apr 2011
Volume 1, Chapter 1 Translation in the link below.

http://amethystcria.tumblr.com/post/135475350034/the-story-of-vampire-michaela-vol-1-chapter-1

The usual Yuu and Mika moments as we have seen them interact in the manga as well the hand touching moment /shot. We get to see Mika's concerns about how he could help with the situation, how he sees Yuu and of course his secret plan to use Ferid and thus find helpful stuff to bring back in the Hyakuya house.

Edit: Also, something really weird: In this chapter of the novel Yuu says he doesn't remember his family name which is Amane. But if you read chapter 22 of the manga, the man that brings Yuu at the Hyakuya orphanage (it's def Saitou btw) calls Yuu as 'Yuichiro Amane'. I do not know if this is Kagami's mistake or it means something related to Yuu's erased memories. Guess we will learn later on.
Makise11Dec 24, 2015 3:58 AM
Jan 16, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
New translations:

1. http://chilly-territory.tumblr.com/post/137361442120/seraph-of-the-end-the-story-of-vampire-michaela#tumblr_notes

Two important things here.

First,
"But there was nothing amusing written in it. After all, the truth was that the abominable name, “Michaela”, didn’t originate from the name of Archangel Michael."
With this we have confirmation from so early in the novels that Fallen Angel Michaela =/= Archangel Michael. I don't know If there is another connection between them but at least it hasn't fail the theory that the angel is a female (If anything it makes it even more possible) and that Mika has a connection to her/him.

And second,
"Crowley appeared to be searching his memory for a while, then he responded, “I wonder. I feel like I’ve heard it somewhere a very long time ago.”

Ferid smiled broadly and gazed at Crowley. Judging by Crowley’s face, he didn’t seem to remember. And he really probably didn’t. Ferid took steps so that he wouldn’t.'

If I am reading this right, it means that Ferid made sure that Crowley forgot about the name 'Michaela'. I don't have a theory as to why he would do this to Crowley but I hope the rest of the volume hints more. Ferid seems to remember the name pretty well.

2. http://chilly-territory.tumblr.com/post/137368426470/seraph-of-the-end-the-story-of-vampire-michaela#tumblr_notes

"For whatever reason, on that battlefield, he ended up seeing a monster that sucked human blood. Although now, more than a year later, and him living every day in peace, it had become impossible to ascertain if what he had seen there was real or a hallucination."

Crowley met the vampire that killed his soldiers during that battle but he is not sure If that creature was true. Of course from the summary we have it appears to be the vampire who will later almost kill him but Ferid will ask him not to because Crowley is a 'Michaela'.
And LOL @ Jose.

Edit: This seems to be a quick summary of what happens some time later from the above part
http://chilly-territory.tumblr.com/post/137101663090/im-finally-reading-owari-no-seraph-kyuuketsuki
Ferid appears! Nothing more to say lol
Makise11Jan 16, 2016 3:33 AM
May 25, 2016 9:44 AM
Sep 2014
[Spoilers for the second volume]

I'm more and more disappointed with Ferid's characterization as well. Not really for the pedo thing, because it is revealed that he truly cares about nothing. But more like, all what he does, all the plans for he makes for hundred of years, are only for fun. And he actually can't even feel amused, so it'd be more accurate to say it is to alleviate slightly boredom. And having his plans wrecked also sounds like fun, and he's bored that no one does so. I think it takes away the character's depth, and most of all the believability. You have a character who is so inhumanly smart that they can predict events hundred of years ahead and make them go according to his plans, but most of all, don't even have a great enough motivation to achieve it. And I've always had a hard time with characters that are either perfectly good or perfectly villain, who never make mistakes and who never get surprises. It's... kinda boring, just like what he is supposed to be feeling.

Does anyone happen to know where it is possible to read either of the volumes in raw? I have searched the whole web to no avail.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.