Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was VERY awkward for a chapter..

> Just a little girl
More like a little psycho but Mei seems to know what she wants.
Jun 26, 2015 4:06 AM

Dec 2011
What the hell was it? And that's the solution?! =_= In the end MC made her just run from cruel reality. In that aspect, much more sensible decision would be just live together without that stupid killing. >.<

BTW, in Vinland Saga MC felt just the same as the little girl, but he did a really right thing as he faced all his sins and decided to atone them, not run.
MexonizatorJun 26, 2015 7:35 AM
Jun 26, 2015 7:13 AM
Jun 2015
I... don't like it. The idea of killing MC for that was way too light and that doesn't help anything.
Jun 26, 2015 12:54 PM

May 2010
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S HOW IT ENDS!!!! Σ(っ°Д °;)っ

Btw, I WAS SCREAMING MY HEAD OFF WITH WHAT MEI DID TO AKI!!! LIKE OMG!!!!!
A sweet dream, has not ended yet.
Jun 26, 2015 4:26 PM
Jul 2014
Well that ending sucks, kinda just left everything feeling underwhelming and lacking... I'm gonna take a wild guess and just say that this ending is not what was intended.
Jun 26, 2015 5:31 PM
Jun 2015
I hope it's not cause I don't wanna end a manga with an ending like that.
Jun 27, 2015 1:49 PM
Jan 2010
Hmm, I think they just ran away together. After all, who else would be taking the video footage of her at the end of the chapter?
Jun 27, 2015 2:10 PM
Jul 2014
-Tyrael- said:
Hmm, I think they just ran away together. After all, who else would be taking the video footage of her at the end of the chapter?

Pretty sure that footage was recorded in an earlier chapter.
Jun 27, 2015 4:22 PM

Oct 2013
wtf was that!?

he died right? fkn garbage ending.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 27, 2015 4:22 PM
Jun 2015
That was recorded earlier, he even says "i'm sure no one will believe that such a girl was in the mafie if they see her smile here" or something like that. I still don't get the ending thou.
Like WTF why kill him? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Jun 27, 2015 5:30 PM

Mar 2014
that was a terrible way to end it, i get that she be a messed up from all the killing when she grows up but how was that the solution?
Everyone is out there having a social life and I'm here watching anime.

Jun 27, 2015 5:37 PM

Jan 2012
I'm at least happy to see that I'm not the only one who don't understand that ending... @-@
Jun 29, 2015 10:31 PM

Feb 2013
The ending was......confusing.....at best.....but I did enjoy the story.

8/10
Jul 1, 2015 8:25 PM
Sep 2013
That ending sucked! Story was great up until the mc gave up.
Jul 2, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2015
I am still confuse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2015 6:50 PM

Dec 2013
I found this from some website about the ending

"Ok to clear things up:
most asked question would be; Did she kill him? Yes, she killed him and run away to a ship while dreaming of him growing up with her which cause her to have trauma to forget him and the past sins that she had.
Yay you could say she has a bad ending. I don't know what happened in her part after arriving in her destination so yay fk this series"
Jul 4, 2015 9:06 PM

Oct 2014
This was one of my favorite manga up until around chapter 19, when Gohongi pretty much took advantage of Ritsu. After that, I didn't really keep up with it. I was hoping the last chapter would finish with a bang but I don't even understand what the hell even happened really.

5/10
Jul 17, 2015 12:51 PM
May 2015
A lot of people may disagree. This ending makes perfect sense. The MC was suffering from major depression ever since Ritsu died. He felt responsible for everything that occurred. If Mei didn't kill him, he probably would have killed himself.
Jul 18, 2015 7:15 AM
Feb 2015
Okay everyone, yes the ending was indeed not intended, but I don't remember exactly what happened. There was some internal conflict going on between the author and the publisher and long story short, she had to end it.

This is also very obvious, if you re-read the manga, you will see there were a lot of potential future conflicts that were set up but just ignored.

For example, the whole Lovely Hometown against Dragon's Beard thing. After killing muramasa, Lovely Hometown were planning to get revenge on Dragon's Beard. Not only that, but they were aware of some internal conflict going on their opposing gang, and were planning to use Rai to make them "collapse".

Also, later on, when Gohongi joins Lovely Hometown and goes on his first meetup with them before they invade a warehouse where some of Dragon's Beard's heads were at, there is a scene where Rai kills someone who was in Dragon's Beard for unknown reasons. But soon after, Lovely Hometown invades the place and begins shooting. This is when Mei is shot and Gohongi takes her to the doctor. But while they leave, Rai escapes as well, leaving behind his Dragon's Beard members. He then says some vague dialogue about how people should look out for themselves indeed. Implying that he is planning on betraying his gang or something of sort.
Jul 18, 2015 7:28 AM
Feb 2015
Oh, I think it's cause she's working a new project.

Which has a character that looks just like Gohongi btw..

http://wattstower.jugem.jp/?eid=1948
Jul 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Oct 2009
Amaredues said:
A lot of people may disagree. This ending makes perfect sense. The MC was suffering from major depression ever since Ritsu died. He felt responsible for everything that occurred. If Mei didn't kill him, he probably would have killed himself.

I agree. I hate it, but I can't think of any other ending for this series that makes sense. It could have been better executed. The mafia "letting her go" is a bit farfetched, but the end result was always going to be tragic.

Mei was a profoundly disturbed little girl from the start. Meeting Gohongi opened her emotional shell, but it also exposed her to further damage. In other circumstances she might have saved, but they both stayed in the mafia world. She formed a twisted lolita relationship with him, because that's the only kind she knew of between a young girl and a man. She did not know how to love a man as a father, because she never had a father figure she could trust. Her experience with men was being raped by or killing them. The first person she murdered was about to have sex with her. Some part of her might even associate murder and sex.

By the end Gohongi was also emotionally broken. His attempts to shield/save Mei made him incapable of emotional distancing himself from the mob war. By Ch. 19 Gohongi was effectively insane with guilt, all that was keeping him alive was "saving" Mei. When he discovered how Mei loved him, he decided that was part of her curse and running away would not be enough. He asked Mei to kill him because he equated Mei repressing all her memories, with her "escaping" from her curse. To Gohongi, inducing PTSD memory loss really seemed like a way to save Mei.

Combine both Gohongi and Mei mental states and their relationship could only end in one or both of their deaths. Instead of taking the easy road and killing Mei and/or Gohongi with the mafia. The author took the hard road and examined how their relationship would might end if they survived the mafia.

Side note. Did anyone else notice that the title is a pun? Girl Mei Kill. I am embarrassed to say it did notice it until Ch 23. when I saw the chapter title: a girl May kills = a girl. Mei. kills. The odd capitalization makes me think it was intentional.
DragnoerJul 19, 2015 9:12 PM
Error 547: No keyboard detected, press F12 for options.

Sep 23, 2015 4:43 AM

Jan 2014
was that it? fucking garbage ending...
0/10 seriously
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 23, 2015 1:36 PM
Aug 2013
I don't get it. Was that the ending? Because it looks like chapter 23 ends volume 3 and volume 4 was released like 2 weeks ago.
Jan 20, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
Dragnoer said:
Amaredues said:

I agree. I hate it, but I can't think of any other ending for this series that makes sense. It could have been better executed. The mafia "letting her go" is a bit farfetched, but the end result was always going to be tragic.

Mei was a profoundly disturbed little girl from the start. Meeting Gohongi opened her emotional shell, but it also exposed her to further damage. In other circumstances she might have saved, but they both stayed in the mafia world. She formed a twisted lolita relationship with him, because that's the only kind she knew of between a young girl and a man. She did not know how to love a man as a father, because she never had a father figure she could trust. Her experience with men was being raped by or killing them. The first person she murdered was about to have sex with her. Some part of her might even associate murder and sex.

By the end Gohongi was also emotionally broken. His attempts to shield/save Mei made him incapable of emotional distancing himself from the mob war. By Ch. 19 Gohongi was effectively insane with guilt, all that was keeping him alive was "saving" Mei. When he discovered how Mei loved him, he decided that was part of her curse and running away would not be enough. He asked Mei to kill him because he equated Mei repressing all her memories, with her "escaping" from her curse. To Gohongi, inducing PTSD memory loss really seemed like a way to save Mei.

Combine both Gohongi and Mei mental states and their relationship could only end in one or both of their deaths. Instead of taking the easy road and killing Mei and/or Gohongi with the mafia. The author took the hard road and examined how their relationship would might end if they survived the mafia.

Side note. Did anyone else notice that the title is a pun? Girl Mei Kill. I am embarrassed to say it did notice it until Ch 23. when I saw the chapter title: a girl May kills = a girl. Mei. kills. The odd capitalization makes me think it was intentional.

Much obliged, I feel I can move on from this manga after reading this.
Feb 22, 2016 10:45 AM
Feb 2016
Before you criticize the ending you have to remember the one important thing about mei,she has her curse and only way the curse ends is with her death.but if the person know as mei is erased,than her curse is erased to.

The only way to erase a personality and hit the reset button on a human is by causing extream emotional trama,which the brain does a memory wipe basically to protect it self.

When mei killed aki,she gave herself that extream mental trama,and her brain did a memory wipe,therefore sonce the person know as mei(not the body but the personality) dosnt exist any more the curse that she bore dosnt either.

One last fact,this is a dark manga by nature,its set in a dark world,where 2 mafias go at it,dont expect a happy go lucky ending in a evil and dark setting.

If you look at how the story played out its a masterpiece in my opion.
TheNukedGamerFeb 22, 2016 10:56 AM
Mar 28, 2016 6:14 PM
Mar 2015
I just wished he would have had a chance to make sweet love to Mei before that fucked up ending. She was sure ready for it. Oh well too bad.
May 4, 2016 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
suburbanflower said:
Okay everyone, yes the ending was indeed not intended, but I don't remember exactly what happened. There was some internal conflict going on between the author and the publisher and long story short, she had to end it.

This is also very obvious, if you re-read the manga, you will see there were a lot of potential future conflicts that were set up but just ignored.

For example, the whole Lovely Hometown against Dragon's Beard thing. After killing muramasa, Lovely Hometown were planning to get revenge on Dragon's Beard. Not only that, but they were aware of some internal conflict going on their opposing gang, and were planning to use Rai to make them "collapse".

Also, later on, when Gohongi joins Lovely Hometown and goes on his first meetup with them before they invade a warehouse where some of Dragon's Beard's heads were at, there is a scene where Rai kills someone who was in Dragon's Beard for unknown reasons. But soon after, Lovely Hometown invades the place and begins shooting. This is when Mei is shot and Gohongi takes her to the doctor. But while they leave, Rai escapes as well, leaving behind his Dragon's Beard members. He then says some vague dialogue about how people should look out for themselves indeed. Implying that he is planning on betraying his gang or something of sort.

Agreed, I'm about 70% sure the ending was axed/rushed for whatever reason, my first guess was that it wasn't doing too well but if its another project then it can't be helped. I really liked the series up till the end. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE depressing and tragic ends, in fact I think I'd like this one if they fleshed out the details some more and finished the conflicts they set up.
Nov 16, 2016 5:54 PM
Sep 2015
WTF with that troll ending? Almost everything about the manga was great until that last chapter, would've been 8/10 easy, but then this shit?

I mean yes, he was ready to die for her, and I would've accepted it if he actually did die saving her in some way. Or both of them being tracked down and killed, or whatever, that would've been good too. But how the fuck does it make any sense for him to force her to kill him? That goes 1000% counter to everything, and would just fuck her up even more.

Amaredues said:

Fine, he could've killed himself (though that would've still been a terrible ending since it wouldn't have resolved a thing with Mei). Forcing Mei to do it was moronic in every way, shape and form and was the opposite of resolution.

"You shouldn't be killing people, it'll fuck you up as an adult. Here kill me, the one person you love, instead."
kalinimeNov 16, 2016 5:59 PM
Jan 15, 2017 6:13 PM
Mar 2016
TheNukedGamer said:
Before you criticize the ending you have to remember the one important thing about mei,she has her curse and only way the curse ends is with her death.but if the person know as mei is erased,than her curse is erased to.

The only way to erase a personality and hit the reset button on a human is by causing extream emotional trama,which the brain does a memory wipe basically to protect it self.

When mei killed aki,she gave herself that extream mental trama,and her brain did a memory wipe,therefore sonce the person know as mei(not the body but the personality) dosnt exist any more the curse that she bore dosnt either.

One last fact,this is a dark manga by nature,its set in a dark world,where 2 mafias go at it,dont expect a happy go lucky ending in a evil and dark setting.

If you look at how the story played out its a masterpiece in my opion.

Yo, just finished reading this manga and I wanted to give my two cents on it.

First, let me start by saying that a lot of "dark" mangas seem to be getting away with shitty endings because they are supposed to be sad or something like that. I'm not the biggest fan of dark series but I read some that occasionally seem intresting, and have seen fair of sad endings that were done well. What I mean by done well, is that they make sense and don't depend on far fetched ideas like memory loss from trauma.

The ending did not line up with the rest of the story. Even if we ignore how the mafia boss left them off the hook so easily, Aki thinking that making Mei kill him will solve everything is very stupid. We have all seen that Aki doesn't take the easy way out, and that he got into countless troublesome shit just because it is the right thing. He should have known that Mei killing him to induce a trauma is the lazy way out, which could be acceptable if he was presented as a character with no backbone from the beginning but he was not. He cared for Mei too much to risk everything on the idea that: Mei will get lucky and forget all of her past, and that she will not remember about it later on. If the author had an ounce of knowledge in the mechanism of memory (and I'm talking about watching a video on YouTube about the subject) then she would have known that total memory loss is nearly impossible and that the only recorded hisotry of it was about a guy who got his brain chopped. If anything, forcing Mei to kill Aki would result in even more severe psycological problems.

I think that a more realistic approach would have been for Aki was to escape with Mei and support her if she encounters problems becuase of all the murders that she has committed. We saw that a person could live a normal life, since Monome was also in the mafia before, but he quit 9 years ago and beside the occasional nightmares, he was living a good life. Aki was also a very important person to Mei so he could have acted as her support, and even if he didn't have any feelings for her now after 5 years the age gap wouldn't have been much of a problem. Aki not trusting that Mei can overcome her past was just him not truly believing in her, and making her kill him was the worst possible choice. Some of you also mentioned that the Dragon Beard mafia would keep looking for him, but think about it for a second: the mafia was falling apart, the boss that wanted them dead was killed by Rai, and that mafia was not like an international or even national mafia, they could have went to the other edge of the country and the mafia wouldn't have wasted precious resources and money on tracking and killing someone who wasn't even planning on opposong them in the future.

Even if the author wanted a bad ending, she could have set it up such that either Aki dies or both Aki and Mei die. For both them dieing, a simple ambush by the opposing faction as retaliation for the previous ambush would have been plausible. Or maybe Rai is ordered to kill Aki and then Mei kills Rai and goes into shock is also possoble. There are many plausible dark endings that could have been better and more realistic than this one.

Anyways, havibg said all that, this is a fictional story that doesn't have to adhere to common sense, but I guess that is all my misgivings about this ending.
Jun 30, 2017 2:30 PM
Sep 2015
I'm late to this but I think the ending was SUPER rushed. If that's really how the author wanted to end things (which was a dumb ass way to begin with) I think it should of taken longer to get to that point. Either way I hated it and it ruined the whole series for me. I don't mind dark stories but that didn't even seam like a logical option.
Mar 27, 2018 6:46 PM

Jul 2017
I really liked this manga but that ending like what, why did he have her kill him. I mean I get it but it would be better to just live together honestly.
Apr 9, 2020 2:03 PM
Jul 2017
I'm super late too but I just finished this shit and its fucking my brain up. As I was getting closer to the ending I was confused because there was still so much that needed to be resolved, seemed impossible given how much was left of the chapters I had. It was really clearly rushed and worse than that the author just fucked us all over with that bullshit ending. I WANTED IT TO BE CUTESY HAPPY but no they screwed me over big time. I'm irrationally upset by this I hate this so much and I loved the story and the characters so much too. It's just cruel. I'm just blindly ranting but either way, this ending fucking sucked. It was really nice when she started developing feelings for MC and it was really cute to see her grow but even if he couldn't bed her now why the fuck did he have her kill him. IDC if he's depressed, he was literally all she had left and he just decided to leave her all alone with nothing. Fucked up. I don't like it at all.
May 30, 2021 8:56 PM

Jan 2020
what? I'm having a lot of trouble putting the pieces together and I don't like it. At least mei survives in the end?

I think I might give this a 3/10 or something

Oct 25, 2021 4:38 AM

Mar 2020
I just read the whole thing and this ending....confused me to say the least

Now my theory, the whole story was going on about the Frog and the Scorpion, so I think that's what the ending was trying to convey, and by killing him, Mei kills that part of herself as well

I just think it was rushed, defo felt like it needed more room

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girl May Kill Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2014

4 by Rebonket »»
Sep 24, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Girl May Kill Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

4 by ManWild »»
May 30, 2021 8:54 PM

Poll: » Girl May Kill Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

4 by ManWild »»
May 30, 2021 8:52 PM

Poll: » Girl May Kill Chapter 20 Discussion

Lycan97 - Apr 1, 2015

3 by ManWild »»
May 30, 2021 8:51 PM

Poll: » Girl May Kill Chapter 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

9 by ManWild »»
May 30, 2021 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.