Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2015 5:55 PM
Jul 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I found the ending... disappointing.
somehow I guessed it was something he told me, but I never listen.
cotooFeb 21, 2015 7:57 PM
Feb 21, 2015 6:13 PM
Jul 2014
Disliked this ending so badly. It seems everyone else besides the main two characters ended up in a relationship and not the pair I wanted. But nice to see her back to her drinking ways at the end of the panel. So disappointed :(
1/5 for that ending and a 8 out of 10 for the whole manga for me.
Feb 21, 2015 6:14 PM
Dec 2012
The manga itself was good but the ending was a huge disappointment.
Feb 21, 2015 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
Can that get anymore predictable? She comes back at the last fucking panels..

4/10 for this series. The romance felt lifeless throughout most of this series and this chapter was terrible.
Feb 21, 2015 6:35 PM
Jul 2011
What a horrible ending to such a promising manga. This author sure does nothing to make me want to read his next work. I've purchased many manga series when they are translated and published in English, but the final chapter here prevents me from even considering that. The whole choice of the character as a love interest at the end seemed so provincial. Why even create such an interesting premise and not pursue it. The female lead in the manga Kurumi, was such an unusual beauty, and had a great personality despite her flaws. Such a good match for the overly perfect lead male, Jun. I think the author should publish two endings and let the fans vote. This ranks, maybe not as disgusting as the final episode in School Days anime, but certainly right up there in disappointment. I'm interested to see how the ending poll comes out, so far it's going the way I expect it would. I call a boycott to future works by this artist. They seem to have no feel for what the people really want.
Feb 21, 2015 7:21 PM

Mar 2014
Well that ending...

Was horrid.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Feb 21, 2015 7:39 PM
Apr 2009
Ending feels really rushed. Sort of like mx0 & some others that had to end prematurely due to lack of popularity. I'm guessing that was the case here because the JunxNarumi stuff (like the almost kiss from a few chapters back) pretty much got tossed aside as if they never happened.
Feb 21, 2015 8:06 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG...Ill make my own ending in my mind
Feb 21, 2015 9:17 PM

Sep 2010
GAH this ending was just... ugh I wish I can just erase that stupid ending that I just read. Hell if the author made it an open ending that would have been fine. I could then actually imagine how it would have ended but NOPE. Instead we get this... this crappy ending.
Feb 21, 2015 9:26 PM
Jun 2014
That ending completely disregarded all the character development and the connection that narumi had with the MC
Feb 21, 2015 9:27 PM

Jan 2015
All that fucking time wasted for this shit ending, remind me to never read another manga from this author ever again.
DeceptiveFeb 21, 2015 9:48 PM
Feb 21, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2013
Thought that Narumi and Jun were gonna get together, but instead she was helping him out to respond to Riri. Enjoyed the manga, but the ending was disappointing though.
Feb 21, 2015 10:44 PM
Sep 2012
What a disapointment, i though narumi and mc would get together, in the end she just plays the "onee-san" role and helps the mc getting together with another girl, 0 out of 10 for this ending, FML barely woke up and already pissed with this.
Feb 21, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2013
babymilo91 said:
Thought that Narumi and Jun were gonna get together, but instead she was helping him out to respond to Riri. Enjoyed the manga, but the ending was disappointing though.

Which in no way fit the story because he wasn't interested in her in the first place - it ingnored everything that happened between Jun and Narumi. Sucked such much ass. Worst ending ever. Don't waste your time.
Feb 22, 2015 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
Welp this was a let down. I'm just gonna pretend this didn't happen the way it ended...just like the Naruto ending.
Feb 22, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2015
Why this show end so quickly
i wanted Narumi and Jun to be together but having this kind of end is also good but wont make me read this manga 2nd time
Feb 22, 2015 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
I'm so happy I drop this shit. ;) the manga had too much cock teasing it felt like the relationship between them was going know where. The first 10-20 chapters were interesting, but after that I just lost all interest in this series. They didn't even kiss in the end!? Ha, ha!

This series also felt too light hearted.
Feb 22, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2009
Better cancel this chapter of my mind, this ending is terrible.... :(
Feb 22, 2015 1:56 AM

Jun 2014
Wow i felt like i wasted a lot of time waiting for something. Then BAM got hit by a truck.

Sh*tty ending is Sh*tty.

The whole story was the connection between Jun and Narumi yet it ended with Jun picking little girl ?? The Manga would have been better with an open ending -_-

I was under the impression that Narumi had a thing for Jun then Last Chapter that development got thrown away. Need to erase this abomination in my mind
Feb 22, 2015 2:31 AM
Mar 2013
Goddamnit, a good manga goes bad just because of a crappy ass ending, 5-6/10
Feb 22, 2015 2:49 AM

Aug 2012
I don't mind him ending up with Riri, but boy oh boy.. I was surprised that this is now the final chapter. That was faster than the speed of light.
Feb 22, 2015 8:38 AM

Jun 2011
WTF!!!!
To me this ending never happened.
Why won't the writer answer the call of many adolescent male fantasy to be with an older woman.
Feb 22, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
I don't mind him ending up with the loli, but not in such a shitty way. It felt more like it was axed.
Feb 22, 2015 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
The Narumi x Jun development just wasted, wtf. Even though it was hinted that they attracted to each other . Then out of nowhere Jun started to blush for that little girl. Lmao
The scene where Narumi offered to go out with him was just a hype for readers. And in the end he pissed the readers by choosing Riri as Jun's gf. The romance was slow paced and this Riri x Jun just make it worse.

3/10
Feb 22, 2015 12:17 PM

Dec 2008
This chapter... sucked. There is just no other way to put it :/
It seemed like the author was preparing to end this series for some time now but the ending we got was rushed like hell, or more like, the ending we got was not an ending at all. Just another chapter that had "THE END" stamped on the last page but otherwise did next to nothing :/
New profile design sucks.
Feb 22, 2015 2:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Awful ending. It feels like if they had cancelled it and told him to wrap it up in 2 chapters or something like that. What a waste.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 22, 2015 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
Just because uit
SolarPioneer said:
Found this on animenewsnetwork on an article that the manga was ending, "The creator said in the message that he hopes fans enjoyed the manga. He remarked that he would have liked to add another 10 or 20 volumes."

I don't know about 20 volumes, but at least this explains why the ending was rushed.

It doesn't explain the ending. It was known for awhile that the series was coming to an end. The author hand ample time to give the story a proper ending, instead of this out of nowhere, left-field ending. Pure B.S.

All the author had to do was have Jun and Narumi go out on a date, maybe kiss and leave it like that. Maybe the relationship will work out, maybe it will crash and burn but at the very least that would have been true to the story and characters.

Why they have to be such wusses about it is beyond me.

Puppy Lover is much much better.
Feb 22, 2015 7:00 PM
May 2011
Everything and the build-up was good. That ending spoiled it. I would have preferred Narumi over Riri.

Just my feeling.
Feb 23, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
In cases like this i imagine in myself something breaking ...

too bad
Feb 24, 2015 7:00 AM

Dec 2014
The author just betrayed the readers. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2015 3:09 PM
Sep 2014
I randomly picked this up a few days ago and read the whole thing, and I really enjoyed it too. I think the author left it kind of open ended for Narumi winning, with her coming back after Jun chooses the other girl. But Jun holding hands with the loli speaks for itself.

I think because this manga ended prematurely the author went with the younger girl because it was just the easier to end to write (no age stigma to deal with). If he was always going to end it like this the author needed at least 10 more chapters dedicated to the loli to make it believable that Jun would pick her. On second thought that would be neigh impossible without destroying Narumi's character development or worse (ie she picks some rando). And that would ruin the whole thing. She's the main character, not Jun.

Anyways, if you're going to rush the ending like that at least give people what they want. I'd have been fine with a hack job of an ending where Jun and Narumi are heading towards a secret relationship or implied to be in one. All you need is like a 2 page epilogue. Something like; 10 years later, brief exposition on their troubles with the age gap, they've got a couple kids, Jun found a vocation, and Narumi is drawing manga. Any problems with a quick ending like that would be overwritten by how well the relationship was built up in the previous 47 chapters.

TL;DR: Narumi is fun and unique, the loli is cutesy and generic. Why not do something different and end it with an interesting couple being happy? Arrrgghh
Hoplite479Feb 25, 2015 3:25 PM
Feb 27, 2015 10:46 AM
Oct 2012
Egg us on for so long with this possible romance, and then shit on our face in the final chapter?
I really disliked Riri, Narumi was very obviously the best babe..
Jun-kun probably knew (thought) he wasn't going to see Narumi any more and settled for Ririko..
Yes, that's what happened.. And when Narumi came back at the end, they resumed their relationship.
Yes, yes.. That's the true ending. The Mangaka just forgot to draw it.
Feb 28, 2015 2:16 AM

Jan 2010
Incomprehensible ending.

The Riri character had all the signs of the hopeless crush character, not a legitimate interest. The MC did a 180 from not being interested in her at all, to suddenly liking her in 3 chapters.

The Mangaka likely had 3 chapters to "wrap it up" after the publisher deciding to drop it due to lack of popularity. That's sad, because I really enjoyed the series, so it's a bit surprising it wasn't popular enough, though there were several stale chapters in the last half. However, even assuming that the mangaka didn't find out about the cancellation until it was too late to change the 3rd to last chapter, there is zero reason for it to have turned out this way. Two chapters to work with was plenty to start the Jun x Narumi relationship, dealing with the age difference and all that. Going for the undeveloped loli character just didn't make sense, especially in the context of this manga where ALL the potential relationship development happened between Jun and Narumi.

Maybe the mangaka did it to spite the publisher?
Feb 28, 2015 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
I won't ever think about that manga again. I will delete it from history. :|
Feb 28, 2015 8:43 AM

Feb 2012
NOOOOOOOO!!! WHY MANGAKA WHY!!! were you drunk throughout the time when drawing the last chapter or someone was pulling a gun on you?? How could you betray us readers like this ....you could have just ended it with one date chapter and with few pages of epilogue where Jun and Narumi are happily living together in future...that should have been better than this shit .....call me "Narumi Onee-san " as if that is possible now after last 47 chapters..

ruined the whole series with just a single final chapter.....AUTHOR you ???????!! All expectations down the drain! Feeling very irritated and angry ..

Pulling this crap out of nowhere ..Mangaka has literally ruined his career.
Mar 5, 2015 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
jun was suppose to pair up with Narumi, there was always a spark between them, & Narumi got jealous at times, why did he chose Ririko when Narumi is in hes heart?
Mar 10, 2015 5:24 PM
Jan 2012
I held off reading the last couple chapters for a while now because I figure it would of ended this way...
Mar 11, 2015 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Daamn that sucker punch...! :/
Such a disappointment :(
Mar 16, 2015 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
Horrible ending dropped my rating for the manga as a whole by three points. It's like all the character development and interaction that went on through the series was meaningless.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 10, 2015 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
..well that was a sucker punch.
I started reading this when it first came out, such a shame.
It's not like i hate who he ended up with, but i really wish he had picked the female lead instead. *sigh* ..
Apr 30, 2015 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
Absolute horseshit. Why do so many good romance manga end abruptly without proper romantic conclusions? Also, why would he end up with Riri, whom he not once showed feelings for?
Jun 3, 2015 8:25 PM
Dec 2011
I read the last chapter as soon as it came out and is was so much shit I actually blocked it out of my memory. So here is me a half hour ago "thats right I never read the end of kono oneesan, I remember getting the email that it updated". Ahh ignorance is bliss. Not after the fever almost kiss. Why author why?
Jun 28, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
You know I put off reading this manga because everyone said it has a terrible ending but I was bored so I decided to read it after all (also cos I've read several manga with truly bad endings so I thought how bad can it be).

Surprisingly I don't find the ending to be as horrible as some people painted it to be. I mean yeah we all love Narumi and would like to see her end up with Jun but no matter how you look at it, that relationship wasn't realistic to begin with. The age gap is just way too big (around 12 years old?) and for the most part, Narumi actually has been acting like an onee-chan (as the title implied) instead of a potential lover. I mean sure there was some sexual tension but I suppose that's to be expected when you cohabitate with a stranger of an opposite sex. Any talk or thought about making the budding feeling serious was always shot down early whether by Narumi or someone else. Even Jun with his fetish towards older women, never really showed a serious interest besides a few skipped heartbeats (which relates to the sexual tension I mentioned before). In the end at this point of the story it doesn't make much sense for Jun to accept Narumi, who's still a bit unreliable, and for Narumi to accept Jun since she has yet to see him fully as a man.

Maybe if the manga wasn't axed, it would ultimately reach the point where the relationship between the two would be more realistic but the mangaka did what he could with the time limit that he had. I would actually find this very rushed had he chosen to make Jun and Narumi a couple. Certainly Jun and Ririko's relationship can be elaborated a little bit more but it has sufficient base as it is. I can accept it as a normal case like those osananajimi who doesn't realize their feelings until their hands are forced.

Overall it's a decent if somewhat unspectacular manga to pass the time. I urge anyone who's considering of reading this to give it a chance and judge for yourself, you may agree with me or you may not but I can guarantee you that at least the journey would be fun.
Jun 28, 2015 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
MoeGod said:

that relationship wasn't realistic to begin with. The age gap is just way too big (around 12 years old?)

my uncle's wife is 11 years older then uncle, so with that sentence u insult all men who are married with woman who are 6-12 years older then them (& its not as rare as u mite think), what is weird for u is not weird for all, so u should choose ur words more carefully in future :), some people can feel offended by it :)

in reality only issue would be Yun's age, she would have trouble with the law if they get to intimate
Sugram22Jun 29, 2015 2:07 PM
Jul 2, 2015 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Sugram22 said:
MoeGod said:

that relationship wasn't realistic to begin with. The age gap is just way too big (around 12 years old?)

in reality only issue would be Yun's age, she would have trouble with the law if they get to intimate

Well you know exactly what the problem is then. When I said it's unrealistic, it was because Jun hasn't even mature yet.

I know there are a lot of people marrying with a huge age gap but a 32-years old marrying a 20-years-old is different than a 28-years-old marrying a 16-years-old. It may be legal in the eyes of law in some countries to marry a 16-years-old but no matter how you see it a 16-years-old is still a teenager both in body and mind.

In Jun's case he's way more mature than boys of his age but that doesn't change the fact that he's still a student who doesn't have a steady job or an income of his own or that he still has the physique of a child (since he's rather short). That's why I think it'll be hard for Narumi to fully consider Jun as a serious potential partner because the image that Jun is still a "brat" hasn't fully disappeared 100% on her mind. Likewise Jun is still seeing Narumi as a rather unreliable older woman, which is why he was openly attracted to the editor lady and Narumi's imouto but not to Narumi herself. Simply put they are not quite on the same level yet from both of their point of view.
MoeGodJul 2, 2015 11:47 PM
Jul 3, 2015 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
MoeGod said:
Sugram22 said:

Well you know exactly what the problem is then. When I said it's unrealistic, it was because Jun hasn't even mature yet.

I know there are a lot of people marrying with a huge age gap but a 32-years old marrying a 20-years-old is different than a 28-years-old marrying a 16-years-old. It may be legal in the eyes of law in some countries to marry a 16-years-old but no matter how you see it a 16-years-old is still a teenager both in body and mind.

In Jun's case he's way more mature than boys of his age but that doesn't change the fact that he's still a student who doesn't have a steady job or an income of his own or that he still has the physique of a child (since he's rather short). That's why I think it'll be hard for Narumi to fully consider Jun as a serious potential partner because the image that Jun is still a "brat" hasn't fully disappeared 100% on her mind. Likewise Jun is still seeing Narumi as a rather unreliable older woman, which is why he was openly attracted to the editor lady and Narumi's imouto but not to Narumi herself. Simply put they are not quite on the same level yet from both of their point of view.

u said unrealistic, its not unrealistic if they don't have XXX, also its a manga, in anime & manga nothing is unrealistic

issue is that she is over 18, the issue is with legal limit not that hes not mature, but u can pet that a lot teenage boy's sleep with 18+ girls anyway, cause they won't get in trouble with the law if they get caught, & they won't as long as they keep quiet, & a some of parents are OK with it if their boy is like 14+ & girl 18+, they are different with girls, more protective, i mean if their daughter is 14+ & guy 18+, then they are against it (that's most parents), they may allow that relationship, but they won't allow XXX, but the law is, if parents allow they can do have XXX to, my point is that young boy with older woman is more realistic then a young girl with older guy, but both happen in real life to cause even if parents won't allow it they will do it anyway, u know some teenagers are rebellious, where i live it depends on parents approval, if parents say OK to 16 year old relationship to 26 years old there is no problem, & its higher chance to boy to get that approval then a girl, but u know parents mostly are same awry where so its not easy to get that approval, i mean its not so common
Sugram22Jul 3, 2015 2:29 AM
Jul 3, 2015 6:05 AM

Jul 2013
Sugram22 said:

u said unrealistic, its not unrealistic if they don't have XXX, also its a manga, in anime & manga nothing is unrealistic

issue is that she is over 18, the issue is with legal limit not that hes not mature, but u can pet that a lot teenage boy's sleep with 18+ girls anyway, cause they won't get in trouble with the law if they get caught, & they won't as long as they keep quiet, & a some of parents are OK with it if their boy is like 14+ & girl 18+, they are different with girls, more protective, i mean if their daughter is 14+ & guy 18+, then they are against it (that's most parents), they may allow that relationship, but they won't allow XXX, but the law is, if parents allow they can do have XXX to, my point is that young boy with older woman is more realistic then a young girl with older guy, but both happen in real life to cause even if parents won't allow it they will do it anyway, u know some teenagers are rebellious, where i live it depends on parents approval, if parents say OK to 16 year old relationship to 26 years old there is no problem, & its higher chance to boy to get that approval then a girl, but u know parents mostly are same awry where so its not easy to get that approval, i mean its not so common

But we're not talking about whether it's realistic for you, me, or anyone else. I was talking about how it's unrealistic for Jun and Narumi.. for reasons I've stated above. Certainly there are case of older women sleeping with much younger men but that's certainly not the case in this manga, isn't it? not to mention in this type of romcom manga it's quite rare that any of the characters go as far as having sex. While hypothetically it is possible for Narumi to have sex with Jun, they are yet to reach that level of relationship due to the obstacles created by their age gap. We are after all not talking about any horny teenager or any horny lady like that teacher who slept with her 16 year old student in Houston. We're talking about an overly serious boy far more mature than his age and a nearly clueless 28-year-old virgin who flinched at the slightest hint of sexual or romantic tension. That's why any hint of serious relationship between the two would be unrealistic at this point in the manga.
Jul 3, 2015 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
MoeGod said:
Sugram22 said:

But we're not talking about whether it's realistic for you, me, or anyone else. I was talking about how it's unrealistic for Jun and Narumi.. for reasons I've stated above. Certainly there are case of older women sleeping with much younger men but that's certainly not the case in this manga, isn't it? not to mention in this type of romcom manga it's quite rare that any of the characters go as far as having sex. While hypothetically it is possible for Narumi to have sex with Jun, they are yet to reach that level of relationship due to the obstacles created by their age gap. We are after all not talking about any horny teenager or any horny lady like that teacher who slept with her 16 year old student in Houston. We're talking about an overly serious boy far more mature than his age and a nearly clueless 28-year-old virgin who flinched at the slightest hint of sexual or romantic tension. That's why any hint of serious relationship between the two would be unrealistic at this point in the manga.

well i said in manga & anime nothing is unrealistic, when it comes to sex that was a example, that in real life there are that type of relationships (sometimes teenage boy & older woman fall for each other) & they reach to that lvl to, to the lvl when they have sex, cause parents are less protective of boy's cause they can't get pregnant if something goes wrong, some parents are same protective with boy's to, but the number parents who don't allow 16 year old boy & 18+ woman relationship (including sex), that number is lower lower, that was my point, but this type of romance is not common cause a lot of parents don't approve
Jul 8, 2015 2:25 PM
Sep 2014
guess the author wanted to get more volumes/chapters but the publsiher was like nope
and then the author was like, okay but then the ending is going to be awful

and the ending is just a giant fuck you for the publisher and in the end the story/readers are just the collateral
Aug 10, 2015 9:13 PM

Sep 2011
Super lame ending.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!? Chapter 29 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 5, 2014

7 by DogeRangler »»
Sep 23, 2019 5:43 PM

Poll: » Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!? Chapter 39 Discussion

zensunni - May 24, 2014

6 by Mich666 »»
Dec 3, 2018 11:52 AM

Poll: » Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!? Chapter 37 Discussion

RSmoke - May 26, 2014

5 by Mich666 »»
Nov 30, 2018 3:41 PM

Poll: » Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!? Chapter 35 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 5, 2014

2 by Mich666 »»
Nov 30, 2018 2:44 PM

Poll: » Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!? Chapter 33 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 5, 2014

2 by Mich666 »»
Nov 28, 2018 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.