Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jan 30, 2015 3:55 AM

Apr 2012
millefeui said:
7 of 12 episodes watched and I still don't get why this show gets so much praise.

It's probably because you weren't part of the hype. I keep reading that the appeal of this show is the "realism", but I'm not seeing it. So far I dislike a majority of the characters and the situations are so far-fetched and ridiculous it's getting a bit tiring.
Jan 31, 2015 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
Oh god that was some intense shit going on!! I was constantly screaming here and there and I can't take my eyes off this screen!
Feb 7, 2015 12:44 AM

Feb 2015
Five is one jealous b#tch.
Mar 8, 2015 3:49 AM

Sep 2014
What's up with this illegal opening move in their chess game? See spoiler below:

Mirai, zura~!
Mar 16, 2015 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
Lisa is SO annoying............

Five seems to care only for Nine, not Twelve, wonder why...

And I'm wondering how a psycho like Five is on the supposed 'good' side... Is it trying to criticise the so-called 'good' side (in this case the police and/or F B I???) or something
Mar 18, 2015 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
Intense! Shibazaki is such a badass xD
Apr 3, 2015 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
That was intense episode. But Clarence cared to seize all Lisa's belongings, except from her cellphone...?

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 21, 2015 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
I'm just annoyed at how Five is allowed to PLANT a BOMB on a passenger jet, remote control the jet with said bomb to a plane gate full of people with 100% intention to have it go off. Also it's like airport security doesn't even exist, and this ain't pre-2001. LOL

Intense episode, but so unrealistic. But w/e, it's just anime.
May 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
Damn that was really intense.
Lisa barely got away in time and the bomb was close to blowing up the gate.

Five finds a "weakness" she can use and Shibazaki helps a terrorist :D
May 18, 2015 7:02 AM

Jun 2008
I really don't get how Five wasn't arrested by Shibazaki. She was caught in the act of trying to throw an exploding plane into people.
If i was him i would be more worried about putting my handcuffs around her arms instead of looking at the Sphinx guy from the window and worry about him getting away.
At least that guy proved that he prefers bloodless terrorist attempts. She is more dangerous than him so she should be the first priority of arrest at that moment.
Her act was actually worse than anything the Sphinx terrorist did.
It makes no sense.
Also all the people cooperating with her(i mean the Japanese people in the airport tower) didn't know about the bomb in the plane etc and they thought that they were helping her catch terrorist but when they saw the plane exploding and how Shibazaki actually saved people by forcing one of them to reroute the plane they must have realized what was going on and will make good witness against her.
That means they can't just silence Shibazaki and throw him away if he arrested her because he has witness that she was about to kill many people.

Last, even if the Japanese government made some agreement with her, i doubt they are ok with her bombing their bloody airport, killing many citizens and causing a big terrorist incident. So as i see it she is acting behind their backs and if Shibazaki shows them what she did they won't throw him under a bus and try to cover her.

GSupernova said:
What the hell happened to this series?

How can someone honestly believe they'd be able to get away with demanding a control tower pilot an unmanned plane with a bomb on it underneath an airplane terminal and somehow walk away without getting the death penalty? Why is Shibazaki concerned with Sphinx getting away when he just averted the biggest terrorist attack on Japan period and the culprit is right in front of him? Why is no one arresting this chick? Because she's FBI? I doubt the FBI has any interest in catching two teenagers than they do of backing a psychotic criminal who just attempted to bomb an airport terminal. She would be on a plane back to Guantanamo so fast she wouldn't have any time to creepily molest a schoolgirl's I.D. card.

I had such high hopes but I'd much rather watch Akame than something trying to play itself so straight yet being so incredulously ridiculous. RIP this series.

The thing is that she could make the detective be the crazy one if all the people around her were her people.
Those people could simply testify that she was never actually trying to throw the plane at the airport and have it explode.
The problem is that the people in the airport tower are probably the people working there. So why would they go with her plans and why wouldn't they testify against her after they saw the damn plane exploding. Also why didn't the detective try to arrest her? Those two things are what the show seriously messed up.
As about the FBI not covering her. I think that's more an assumption. We don't know what they are willing to cover in return for something else. The FBI may well be willing to cover her. The problem is why would the Japanese government accept anything the FBI will try to do after seeing she's a loose canon that is even more dangerous than the terrorist they are trying to catch.
MonadMay 18, 2015 8:32 AM
May 20, 2015 4:54 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
That Five bitch really piss me off!
Like how the hell can she do all those stuff?! She is with the FBI, but is planning all these terrorist acts, why no one around her stops her?!
Like on the control tower, they just stood there, "It is fine to make the plan with a bomb crash into 106 gate". WTF?!

Aside that, good anime, and good episode.

RavenWish said:
Why do people not suspect what 5 is doing though? Assuming everyone in the control room was part of her team, and the security room as well, there are still other authorities present at the airport and also the media/press. What about the armed forces guarding the control room? Has she replaced everyone with her own team? What is her status anyway?

Doesn't it seem weird to anyone that the "head of police" is trying to drive a plane loaded with bomb into the airport?

Too many convenient excuses for my liking
SaveTheAralSea said:
I'm just annoyed at how Five is allowed to PLANT a BOMB on a passenger jet, remote control the jet with said bomb to a plane gate full of people with 100% intention to have it go off. Also it's like airport security doesn't even exist, and this ain't pre-2001. LOL

Intense episode, but so unrealistic. But w/e, it's just anime.

Thank you guys, and here I thought I was the only one finding this extremly stupid...
May 26, 2015 3:21 PM

Sep 2014
Wtf am I watching? This is pure comedy.
Jun 4, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2015
God it was an intense episode ! Really enjoyed it !! :D
I don't like Five but her character is very interesting. She is a perfect rival for Sphinx.

Poor Lisa, she was pulled in this history and now she collects the consequences. Five has got Lisa's student ID. She is not made for missions like that..
But I love Lisa x Twelve !

For the first time, the police has of to cooperate with the terrorists, it was the backup plan, and it worked !
But Shibasaki must be now frustrated.. x)
Jun 10, 2015 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
That was intense.

Jun 21, 2015 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was ridiculous.
Sep 4, 2015 10:34 AM

Feb 2010
OMG that five is one of the most annoying anime characters to date. I agree Nine should've just shot her and got it over with.
Oct 6, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2011
dam that five she wanna kill peoples
and five wanna catch lisa
Dec 6, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2007
Am I missing something? Why is Five allowed to set up bombs? Why is Lisa so calm around these terrorists? and helping them? Did i accidentally miss an episode?

????

TsundereHeart said:
Well that was an intense episode. Chess is fine and all if you want to show how "smart" your show is, but somehow I don't really get how they were playing. Like the codes that Five sent were pieces and locations, but how does Nine specify which piece he's moving whenever he goes to a location?

^^^^ Thank god i wasn't the only one. those locations made no sense since there wasn't really any 'pieces'.
DarkRoseOtakuDec 6, 2015 8:17 PM

banana
Dec 23, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2009
BOOM episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2015 1:27 PM
Dec 2014
Why did not they uploaded a video to tell people that they are not responsible for the bombs to the airport ? :)
Jan 4, 2016 12:34 PM

Sep 2015
RavenWish said:
Why do people not suspect what 5 is doing though? Assuming everyone in the control room was part of her team, and the security room as well, there are still other authorities present at the airport and also the media/press. What about the armed forces guarding the control room? Has she replaced everyone with her own team? What is her status anyway?

Doesn't it seem weird to anyone that the "head of police" is trying to drive a plane loaded with bomb into the airport?

Too many convenient excuses for my liking

Exactly my thoughts here... This show started pretty strong, but now it's going to a cheesy direction... Unfortunately
Jan 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
Stunrise said:
Why did not they uploaded a video to tell people that they are not responsible for the bombs to the airport ? :)
GarLogan78 said:

Yeah... I feel like this show is trying to test our intelligence.
I'm amazed with the amount of bullshit in these last episodes.

All that time I was 100% sure that she was bluffing about the bomb because, and I thought to myself: "There's is no fucking way that US Special Police can go to Japan and start blowing civilians up for NO FUCKING REASON". They were not even attempting to arrest them when they were sprinting through the airport like it's no big deal. Oh but... They were having a rough time trying to play imaginary "chess". jeeez So fucking pretentious... YES anime creator. U sooooo smaaart! HIGHFIVE ;D

Zankyou no Terror? Nah... More like: Zankyou no Burrshit (Yes the engrish was unbereable to listen).
TchamiJan 28, 2016 12:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
So first they're throwing some retarded chess game at my face and now they're expecting me to accept the fact that Five was allowed to plant a [i]fucking bomb[/b] on a plane?

She's basically just doing what Twelve and Nine are doing, except that it's about ten times worse since she actually IS trying to kill civilians in order to outwit Sphinx... are they seriously trying to make me believe that the FBI would let that psycho bitch handle the investigation, let alone HIRE her?

This anime went from "pretty good" to "full blown bullshit" in just two episodes

FUCK YOU FIVE AND FUCK YOU WATANABE FOR EXPECTING ME TO ACCEPT THIS BULLSHIT
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 12, 2016 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
Best episode so far. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.

Best frame ever
Jun 8, 2016 4:32 PM
Oct 2013
risa is sooo useless
Jun 14, 2016 8:41 AM

Jul 2013
I hope that they will have a really good explanation why five can run that rampart or this is just really dumb episode.
Aug 1, 2016 6:07 AM

Jul 2008
Well Lisa is screwed now...

and seems like Five is the true terrorist.
May 20, 2017 4:34 PM
Jun 2015
Interesting twist on the story. Still unaware of my opinion of it, but I can definitely give credit to the writers and animators. Definitely sadistic and I hate it's reference to terrorism. But at the same time, each episode just leads on to another.
Aug 4, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2015
Would the police really allow FBI and a random researcher to blow up an airplane where innocent people could die? Sounds like the conspiracy theories of 9/11.
Aug 11, 2017 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
I would have liked to see the effects of the shockwave generated by the explosion but it still looked pretty alright....

Five is such a campy villain, good God. Han Megumi is fun to listen to but the character doesn't leave her with much to work with, unfortunately.

I guess the nonsense I was waiting for did come, but not the good kind of nonsense. I expected more explosions, but I absolutely did not expect the airport chess. The narm was real.

Miragee said:
Wtf am I watching? This is pure comedy.

They really should have embraced the silliness and turned the whole thing into a comedy series. Oh well.
LeeTailorAug 11, 2017 3:42 PM
Sep 4, 2017 4:50 PM

May 2014
the introduction of five has really made the plot of this anime go into ultra tinfoil hat conspiracy land. I mean how the hell does she have the authority to crash a plane into a terminal or hijack all the monitors (which no one seems to pay attention to). Overall if the writing gets this bad in the coming episodes the show will most certainly go from an 8 to a 6 for me.
And god help us if we get more engrish.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 17, 2017 6:12 PM
May 2017
Excellent episode. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things, so I love how the bomb's last 47 seconds happened in real time.

The only beef i have is the Engrish, but hey, nothing is ever perfect.
Nov 17, 2017 6:29 PM

Dec 2015
God this is so irritating...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 12, 2018 11:39 PM

Jan 2018
Five's english makes me cringe so much.
Mar 2, 2018 2:36 PM

Sep 2017
Fantastic episode.
The only weak point, for me, was the chess game. Never got it, never cared about it.
May 22, 2018 1:15 PM

Mar 2018
How exactly is he playing chess with her? And there's no telling where a checkmate will happen before a game. Ridiculous. Whoever made this is a complete patzer.

Also weren't they ready to kill Lisa in the beginning? That was all for fun? Now they're heros. What happened to their evilness?
Jan 10, 2019 6:06 PM

May 2013
Five, no bullying Lisa D:<

Such intelligence wasted on a bitch lol. Tis a shame indeed.

TwelveXLisa <3 he's always catching her when she falls ^.^ do it again when she falls in love! *O*

Nine's quick calculating thinking is impressive as always
Mar 9, 2019 1:57 AM

Mar 2019
Poor Lisa, looks like things are only going to get worse for her now. Five is just a looney!

Shibazaki to the rescue again! And man those English parts sound horrible. Another good episode though.
Mar 29, 2019 9:41 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
really interesting face of five at the end

Dec 19, 2019 6:39 AM
Oct 2017
I am finding this anime quite enjoyable, which is strange as it does not tick most of my usual boxes.

The characters, music and story are all pretty good but not outstanding. And yet I am watching each episode very quickly and am excited to see the next one already.

My only flaw is how quickly the detective solves all the riddles. He feels overpowered.
Jun 5, 2020 5:48 AM

May 2018
Welp, sayonara Lisa-chan it was nice knowing you! 5 will rape ur ass for sure
Aug 1, 2020 9:27 AM

Aug 2014
Sooo an FBI white haired lady wants to kill a bunch of japanese citizens and the japanese goverment is just cool with that? I was actually expecting a little more realism from this anime, kinda dissapointed.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 2, 2020 4:32 AM

Oct 2018
Five's actions and the episode overall made my rating go to five.
Nov 26, 2020 4:42 AM

Dec 2018
bruh, lisa left her student id behind... wtf
Dec 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah this show is really going downhill since Five's introduction. I'm sure the "FBI" could just waltz into Japan and attempt to commit server terrorism acts with no consequences alright...
Jan 3, 2021 3:28 PM

Feb 2019
Im sorry, BUT HOLY SH** IM SO HAPPY THAT PURPLE EYED FREAK GOT PUT DOWN.

Not just once or twice, but three times! Nine beat her at the chess game AND got rid of the bomb! Im so happy for him. AND the police detective showed her who's boss!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 7, 2021 7:34 PM
Dec 2020
Stunrise said:

Tchami said:
Stunrise said:
GarLogan78 said:

Yeah... I feel like this show is trying to test our intelligence.
I'm amazed with the amount of bullshit in these last episodes.

All that time I was 100% sure that she was bluffing about the bomb because, and I thought to myself: "There's is no fucking way that US Special Police can go to Japan and start blowing civilians up for NO FUCKING REASON". They were not even attempting to arrest them when they were sprinting through the airport like it's no big deal. Oh but... They were having a rough time trying to play imaginary "chess". jeeez So fucking pretentious... YES anime creator. U sooooo smaaart! HIGHFIVE ;D

Zankyou no Terror? Nah... More like: Zankyou no Burrshit (Yes the engrish was unbereable to listen).

Thank you!

Especially Stunrise.
I was looking through all the comments for someone who has pointed it out!

They could have just uploaded a video saying:

"People, there ll be a bomb at Haneda airport set to explode at 20:00 today.
We didn't put it there, believe it or not; but this is fact.
Your choice to evacuate or not, but if sth happens it ll be on you"

THE END

No need for all this BS we just saw (see Tchami's comment for details)

What a waste of a potential
May 30, 2021 4:45 PM
Apr 2021
Why didn’t the detective arrest five when she was committing clear terrorism
Jun 6, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2013
TheConquerer said:
the introduction of five has really made the plot of this anime go into ultra tinfoil hat conspiracy land. I mean how the hell does she have the authority to crash a plane into a terminal or hijack all the monitors (which no one seems to pay attention to). Overall if the writing gets this bad in the coming episodes the show will most certainly go from an 8 to a 6 for me.
And god help us if we get more engrish.

Agreed. I feel like no explanation we'll get is going to make up for the amount of bullshit that happened this ep. Fuck you Five, you've ruined this show.
Nozdref said:
That was intense episode. But Clarence cared to seize all Lisa's belongings, except from her cellphone...?

I thought Clarence was supposed to be Five's handler and he would stop her if she went AWOL, turns out he's just another retarded subordinate.
Sep 21, 2021 7:47 AM

Mar 2021
five's engrish voice :(

lisa's life got into trouble,,, nice to see shibazaki helps there though
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.