Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
Okay. I can explain. Rei was tired of listening to Gendo and merged with Lilith to demonstrate this. Causing the Third Impact, which thus destroyed the world, but eventually people did reconstruct. The only two that were left were Shinji and Asuka. I'm pretty sure Shinji still had lingering frustration with her, so he tried to strangle her. Asuka said "disgusting" because she was disgusted by the fact that Shinji tried killing her. The part with the real world sequence is supposed to be a world where Shinji doesn't exist. And Shinji is completely traumatized by having to kill Kaworu, so why would he want to pilot the thing that killed the only person who remotely gave two shits about him?

See was it THAT fucking hard? It's not that freaking complicated.
PalamonMay 11, 2015 7:40 AM
Watch IDOLiSH7.
Jul 1, 2015 10:36 AM
Jan 2014
MitsukiKoga said:
Asuka said "disgusting" because she was disgusted by the fact that Shinji tried killing her. The part with the real world sequence is supposed to be a world where Shinji doesn't exist. And Shinji is completely traumatized by having to kill Kaworu, so why would he want to pilot the thing that killed the only person who remotely gave two shits about him?

You could be wrong about your explanation. And if this anime is not complicated I don't know what is lol. Nothing is spoon-fed; you actually have to think a lot after watching the series.

Perhaps Asuka said "how disgusting" because she never thought she would show affection to Shinji. Maybe she was talking about herself. In Neon Genesis Evangelion, Asuka said that she hated shinji and she ended up caressing his cheek.
Jan 5, 2016 2:21 PM
Jan 2016
hiddentest007 said:
Its 2015 and I still see no Angels :/

Actually you see angels every day, you just cant tell them apart from normal people
Mar 13, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2012
Zenaku said:
I'll try to explain this to you in an easier way.

I know your post is 2 years old already. But, I just want to say that I find your theory to be the best one and really make sense about the ending. Thanks so much man for sharing it !
Apr 26, 2017 12:52 AM

Feb 2016
NGE can be best summed up as family guy's manatee aquarium had some emo suicidal edgy manatees that weren't cooperating with the rest of the manatees. Putting out indiscinernable edgy material balls and killing the fun out of family guy, if it were even possible.

So Seth McFarlane made the executive decision to sell these wimpy good for nothing floating sacks of shits, Shinji, Asuka and Rei. Gainax buys the manatee, practically for free, and, who'd thunk it, the NGE franchise was born as a fresh steaming pile of shit that had a thirty year expiry date. Hurray.

But to Gainax's surprise, a beanstalk grew out of the pile of NGE turd and the anime industry sprouted a shit-load of gold farms with edgy insanity involved.

tldr; NGE was good but overrated, it's not immune to being called a pile of shit.

And today, a shit-load of affluent grandchildren of all shapes and smells always visit gramp's house every year to give their respects.
Cloud_IllusionsApr 26, 2017 12:58 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Apr 26, 2017 1:25 AM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Shabadabaxxx said:

^ I like this explanation so I'm going to assume this is the basis for the ending.
Jun 13, 2017 6:08 PM
Mar 2017
Shabadabaxxx said:

u are a god, I just finished End of Evangelion and was super confused with the ending. what u said makes a lot of sense and helped me understand it
Jul 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Dec 2009
Ok. So I finished it and I'm confused as fuck. A ton of unanswered questions and no history actually explained.
Like:
- What was all that build up with that mechanical part of Adam and Gendo saying he "fused with Adam" to Rei?
- At one point, the anime series told us that Evas are humans. Further information wasn't given. Like what?
- What happened during the Second Impact and why it is called "Second"? What about the first?
- People say Rei is Shinji mother's clone, but that was never actually stated by anyone. Why are you so sure?

Ok, so I found this here:

Best explanation ever. I don't know where all the info comes from, but this actually explains everything the Anime didn't. I'm not confused anymore.

Though I would have chosen to stay united with Lilith/Rei than get back to Earth lol
But the other thing is that only people who want to live will return which should actually make Earth a happy place full of people who enjoy life

Btw, nice on the Anime to play with that Christian creationist story about Lilith (princess of hell now, created at the same time and from the same dirt as Adam) fucking Adam first (taking his virginity lol) and then leaving the Eden because fuck Adam and his male imposing of authority over her, which in turn made God mad and he created Eva from a part of Adam.
It really shows that the artist is acquainted with Jewish folklore.
hardrock13Jul 26, 2017 12:30 PM
Sep 4, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2011
Kirihara_Atom said:
Okay. I can explain. Rei was tired of listening to Gendo and merged with Lilith to demonstrate this. Causing the Third Impact, which thus destroyed the world, but eventually people did reconstruct. The only two that were left were Shinji and Asuka. I'm pretty sure Shinji still had lingering frustration with her, so he tried to strangle her. Asuka said "disgusting" because she was disgusted by the fact that Shinji tried killing her. The part with the real world sequence is supposed to be a world where Shinji doesn't exist. And Shinji is completely traumatized by having to kill Kaworu, so why would he want to pilot the thing that killed the only person who remotely gave two shits about him?

I know this comment is old, but you need to stop getting angry when somebody misunderstands something. Evangelion is not a simple anime, it's psychological and it's very complex. This fandom has got way too much condescending, mean people defending it without you joining in.

Also, you seem to have seen Evangelion, why isn't it in your list?
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Sep 21, 2017 10:04 AM
Jul 2017
--ALEX-- said:
I actually read in some wiki that Asuka is actually American, born in Germany to an American father and a Japanese mother.

Or something like that...

I couldn't care less....

This is all I care about:

Yeah pretty much. This shit mindfucked me. I like it for some reason tho
Sep 29, 2017 2:07 PM
Jun 2015
YOOOOOOOO!
I'll tell you the ending plot.

Buckle up.
It's about to get wild.

Basically after Gendo tries to link Rei and lilith(One of the two main angels, Adam and Lillith) together in order to bring back his sweetheart Yui and to become a god which in turn causes the third impact, which will wipe out the entire population of the earth, but Gendo doesn't care because all he wants to do is to be with his deceased wife. However, Rei rejects Gendo from taking control and decides to absorb the soul of Adam as well as Lilith, causing her to unite the two angels and make herself Gigantic. Next, those Evangelion units that came out of the helicopter that were created by some company in the show take Unit 01 into the sky in order to crucify it, The Third impact is about to happen. Shinji of course is having several dreams about what he thinks about the world now, including that strangle scene with Asuka. Basically he thinks that he's always going to be alone and that there is no point of people living. So in response, Super Rei turns everyone back into LHC, which is the liquid blood that spews out of the evangelion, which is the basic blood of human souls. Basically merging all humans into a gigantic ocean of red soup. Finally Shinji realizes that he's an idiot and decides to take back that wish.
He lands in the soup ocean and meets his mother, who says that the people aren't dead, if they have a will to live, the red soup will transform back into their bodies and they will live again.
Shinji washes on a beach of the new apocalyptic landscape and sees Asuka. However, to make sure he's not dreaming, he decides to start strangling her in order to see if she'll have the same reaction in his dream or not.
She doesn't and grasps his check, this makes him break down in tears of joy to realize that his "girlfriend I guess" is back to life. She finally wakes up with the line, Disgusting
Proving that Shinji is a masochist and should have just killed himself
The end.
Sep 29, 2017 2:12 PM

Jan 2017
kjmn1999 said:

Proving that Shinji is a masochist and should have just killed himself
The end.

looooooooooooooooooool
Sep 29, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2017
ClinT said:
Everybody became juice.

There, simplified everything.

wow your explanation is incredible i'm stunned!
Jan 8, 2018 2:04 PM
Jan 2018
he chokes her to prove his value and masculinity, as a new born away from the mother figures he choose to give up, also communicate his 'new self' the way that asuka and him always had through violence, she caresses him in a way of makin' fun of his effort to reach her showing him with this that his new 'freedom' it's always been there despite his previous experiences efforts and relationships proving him that he's not though nor free of what he used to be, trying to reach her, his incapacity to do so makes her sick
Jan 13, 2018 5:40 AM

Jan 2017
Rosny said:
NGE can be best summed up as family guy's manatee aquarium had some emo suicidal edgy manatees that weren't cooperating with the rest of the manatees. Putting out indiscinernable edgy material balls and killing the fun out of family guy, if it were even possible.

So Seth McFarlane made the executive decision to sell these wimpy good for nothing floating sacks of shits, Shinji, Asuka and Rei. Gainax buys the manatee, practically for free, and, who'd thunk it, the NGE franchise was born as a fresh steaming pile of shit that had a thirty year expiry date. Hurray.

But to Gainax's surprise, a beanstalk grew out of the pile of NGE turd and the anime industry sprouted a shit-load of gold farms with edgy insanity involved.

tldr; NGE was good but overrated, it's not immune to being called a pile of shit.

And today, a shit-load of affluent grandchildren of all shapes and smells always visit gramp's house every year to give their respects.
You, my dear sir, have nailed it....I just cant stop laughing.
And for EOE...
This is complete piece of garbage. I honestly enjoyed the tv series but this fu***ing shit ruined everythying.
So i am looking forward to rebuild movies.I hope that those movies do something better which is understandable and logical both.
Apr 28, 2018 5:12 PM

Feb 2018
Shabadabaxxx said:

Oh Wow, I know this is 4 years old, but thank you for this, my head was a mess after the movie, everything so jumbled up.
Jul 15, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2018
Shabadabaxxx said:

thanks for explaining!
Sep 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Jun 2017
Shabadabaxxx said:

This makes perfect sense, why I haven't thought about it...Dem

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 16, 2019 7:54 AM
Aug 2015
What a piece of mindfuck drama depressed psycho anime. I need a rehab.
Mar 4, 2020 8:25 AM

Oct 2019
asainareasome said:
can someone plzz explained to me neon genesis Evangelion end of Evangelion and why Shinji choke Asuka and why did Asuka say "how disgusting."
Just as they said evas are immortal shinji and asuka survived the process of rebirth being in an Eva and when they lay down in the incomplete paradise shinji recalls his hate for asuka and started choking her but he couldn't do it cause he was afraid of seeing his teen love die so backed and asuka as usual regarded him how stupid and pathetic he is.[if you don't understood the ending then make your own hypothesis cause you already suvived watching neon genesis]

Mar 10, 2020 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
asainareasome said:
can someone plzz explained to me neon genesis Evangelion end of Evangelion and why Shinji choke Asuka and why did Asuka say "how disgusting."

Just watch Rebuild movies. They are much better.

I couldn't like the OG series and EoE as well. It was just bad. Rebuild movies much much better!
Apr 6, 2020 7:20 PM

Dec 2019
Basically, the author tried to make Adam and Eve in a japanese mecha action animated way and he fucked up when he picked Shinji as the main, simple.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 7, 2020 6:54 AM

Jun 2016
It cannot be explained - its open for interpretation.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

533 by rengoku09_ »»
Apr 1, 5:57 AM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.