Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (58) « First ... « 55 56 [57] 58 »
Mar 27, 2015 1:08 PM

Feb 2015
Royalirishman said:
Clannad I heard it was one of the best romances it was also ranked highly on MAL but it's one of the worst I've seen IMO

Ill never understand why people say clannad is overrated, yea sure the ending sucks and is a total cop out but if you look at the series as a whole and just enjoy the "family" aspect of it you would see why so many people like it. This is the first and only anime i have ever recommended to my real life family and friends who aren't anime lovers.

Negisa's parents were amazing.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Mar 27, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
LucasRTS said:
Tokyo Ghoul √A. It's even worse than the 1st season, lame and terrible adaptation (good job as always Pierrot), crap fight scenes, the animators didn't even tried to put any effort in those shit and half-assed animations. It's a shame, because the manga is really good and now they rushed through all the story and made an anime with nonexistent character development with forced interactions between them, especially for Kaneki.

Don't watch this, read the manga instead. Or watch Parasyte, it's not that good but it's a better version of TG.
Akame ga Kill 2.0
Mar 27, 2015 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
Malicre said:
Royalirishman said:
Clannad I heard it was one of the best romances it was also ranked highly on MAL but it's one of the worst I've seen IMO

Ill never understand why people say clannad is overrated, yea sure the ending sucks and is a total cop out but if you look at the series as a whole and just enjoy the "family" aspect of it you would see why so many people like it. This is the first and only anime i have ever recommended to my real life family and friends who aren't anime lovers.

Negisa's parents were amazing.

Tomoyo/a (can't remember which was the guy and which was the gril) committing suicide in the end would have been the best.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 27, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2012
Shigatsu. I didn't know it was going to be this bad. The performances are good but everything else is awful.
Mar 27, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
Campione - people say it's a hidden gem. It isn't .... not even close
Mar 27, 2015 2:23 PM

Sep 2014
SAO

I expected it to be good. Told myself "do not listen the haters,they probably exagerating"

nope
Mar 27, 2015 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
I can't really call Aldnoah.Zero a "disappointment" because it failed just as spectacularly as the first season. I keep watching it mostly to pause the show and look at how Inaho and Slaine's eyebrows are drawn above their hair, how awful the outfits look, and laughing at the placid expressionless characters devoid of realism with exposition dump after exposition dump following poorly choreographed retrograde rendered CG battles.

There was a lot of anime that people said were good that just outright sucked though that I (tried) to watch recently:

Brigadoon (Is this humor supposed to be making me laugh? Is the "close friendship that's almost lesbians" supposed to pull my heartstrings and make me have a loli fetish? Am I supposed to care because she's an orphan?)

Akatsuki no Yona, for this season. How could it start off with a decent amount of running momentum and fall into this trap of being a garbage reverse-harem with a pretentious kawaii helpless princess that magically turns serious with a hair reference and gleaming eyes? I don't care about these character recruitment arcs: there's zero sense of tension, possibly because the intro shows the implication that nobody in the main cast is going to be hurt and the Dragons will all end up with her... AND they show her leading the dragons to attack a caravan EARLY ON as a foreshadowing like the show will somehow magically get better after you put up with this bullshit. UGH!

Lucky☆Star: The pacing is all over the place. The characters are fucking teleporting across time and space from one scene to the next. There's no pacing, and the humor mostly sucks unless it's an anime/japanese culture reference.

Pandora Hearts: Alice in Wonderland done wrong. You'd think from the first couple of episodes that it'd have some sort of twisted, dark element like the game "Ib" as a social commentary of the media consuming the masses or just a dark horror twist, but nope; it's just another god-damn shounen with monsters with name dropping Alice in Wonderland.

Scryed: Post apocalyptic world. Magic robot mutant powers. Evil organization trying to capture mutants, treated as third class citizens. The organization's name is HOLY, to have that edgy "we're attacking religion while being ironic" stance. If you like mindless power-up scenes while yelling with two men "fighting for honor" kind of stuff, then this is your anime.

I'd like to honorably mention:

Log Horizon 2nd Season. It raised my hopes because episode 14 was actually good compared to every other episode. It's still passable, but 14 made it look like it was trying to transcend just being a slice of life with some gradual plot progression.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Mar 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Royalirishman said:
uve watched toradora tho?
Mar 27, 2015 2:46 PM
Nov 2014
Mar 27, 2015 2:50 PM

Mar 2015
I love tokyo ghoul and still think its a great anime through and through but the ending to root a was certainly disappointing. It seems like the budget was so low on most episodes because of how much time they wasted. Not to mention the main character barely even talked :/
UzumakiSouperMar 27, 2015 3:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 2:52 PM

Mar 2015
BruceLad said:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
guywholikesanime said:
SAO

I expected it to be good. Told myself "do not listen the haters,they probably exagerating"

nope

It is usually true when an anime has a bad reputation
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 27, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
Tokyo Ghoul Root A

I'll just pretend that the anime never existed.
Mar 27, 2015 3:45 PM

Aug 2014
5 centimeters per second movies - expected something really good but got a really rushed story that neede to be a a full series instread of being condensed into a 50 minute movie
Mar 27, 2015 3:54 PM

Sep 2014
ButNotForMe said:
guywholikesanime said:
SAO

nope

Every anime has bad reputation somewhat so that is not a valid point I believe
Mar 27, 2015 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
guywholikesanime said:
ButNotForMe said:

Not really. Having haters and having a bad reputation are different things.

Unless you want to tell me Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a bad reputation
Mar 27, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
Ghost in the Shell -> thought it would be better
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu -> first few episodes were good but then just a disappointment!
Mar 27, 2015 5:07 PM

Feb 2013
BruceLad said:

Nah.......We need Tokyo Ghoul A²
Mar 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Mar 2015
Blood-C. After coming down off of marathoning Blood+ I was looking so forward to a new series, and then I got THAT. gross. I'm not one to outright turn down an anime, I'll usually give most anime a good 3 episodes to catch my attention, but I dropped Blood-C after two episodes. I couldn't do it.

Mar 27, 2015 7:58 PM

Feb 2015
guywholikesanime said:
ButNotForMe said:

Si if my fav anime is Evangelion, then-
Eva>Eva......"system error"
Mar 27, 2015 9:25 PM

Aug 2014
parasyte
Mar 27, 2015 11:31 PM

Oct 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Vitruvius said:

Its genuinely funny how when it started airing almost everyone was going crazy over it,but if you by any chance read the manga you knew already that it was nowhere near that level people were making it out to be.
Just goes to show that no matter the studio if the original source material isn't anything noteworthy then chances are very high that the end result will also be the same.
Mar 28, 2015 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
gedata said:
guywholikesanime said:

Not really. Having haters and having a bad reputation are different things.

Unless you want to tell me Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a bad reputation

Maybe I should rephrase it

If an anime gets a low rating, trust the public
If an anime gets a high rating, trust yourself
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Nov 2, 2016 3:31 AM
Jul 2015
Evangelion. Was hoping for greatness given the hype. I got 26 episodes of shinji crying, repeating scenes, 2 minutes of the same fucking still images, and a "mind fuck" that was more annoying than anything. I really tried to like it =\. I don't hate it, i was just let down.

Hoping that I enjoy redo more.
Nov 2, 2016 3:35 AM

Aug 2014
serial experiments lain. Not only was it incredibly low budget, the author also did not know how the internet actually worked. Characters weren't that good either. they were just okay.
Nov 2, 2016 3:44 AM

Dec 2015
Yuri on Ice - with all of the hypes it gets...
Nov 2, 2016 3:45 AM

Oct 2016
Rewrite the anime lol. In terms of visual novels, probably Rewrite too tbh.
Nov 2, 2016 3:50 AM

Jun 2016
freezing vibration and danmachi.

I wasted my time. :D hehehe everything on danmachi is cliche.
freezing vibration, I hate it after the

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 2, 2016 3:51 AM

Jun 2016
Sword Art Online. I didn't expect it to been as good as Log Horizon, but the anime is more boring than I expected. Didn't hate it, but very dissapointed; I didn't even know if I should continue watching the show.
Nov 2, 2016 3:52 AM

Jun 2016
CIebardman said:
When naruto chosed hinata, not sasuke... Seriously, they should rule together. The first gaykage dou would be enlightened. Stupid kishimoto just played with my feeling in the whole show..
I ship them very hard, they even kissed. :D hehehe

Nov 2, 2016 3:55 AM

Jun 2016
King_of_Heretics said:
BruceLad said:

Nah.......We need Tokyo Ghoul A²
have you feel cringe too when he walk while carrying his friends body? plus the music in the BG(i like the music though).

Nov 2, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2015
Overlord
My friend's been recommending it to me ever since it came out, but I'd been putting it off until recently when I finally gave it a try. Everything about it sounded like something I should enjoy, but... I didn't. Dropped after 3 boring episodes, lol.
Nov 2, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2016
Patlabor on TV.... It's really quite well received critically by some fans but I don't really see even after 6 episodes to explain that. I only see a pointless show about the everyday life of police on robots.
Jan 4, 2017 10:41 AM
Nov 2016
haikyuu!! (The manga)
I had watched the anime first, and was excited to read the manga Highly Disappointed

anyone else feel that way?
Jan 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
Btooom was a really big dissapointment. Everyone's praising it although it's equal to liquid manure. It's edgy, cringey self-satisfaction neet anime. I hate it's kind.
Jan 4, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
CapitalistGod said:
Patlabor on TV.... It's really quite well received critically by some fans but I don't really see even after 6 episodes to explain that. I only see a pointless show about the everyday life of police on robots.

I also found it boring so you're not alone on that one.
Jan 4, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2013
Akatsuki no Yona - great visuals, yes. Characters are okay, I guess. But we got 24 episodes and nothing to make the plot go further happens. In the end, after all the journey, the princess didn't even have a resolve. Overrated. Next season might "fix" it, though (if we get one).
Jan 4, 2017 7:44 PM

Oct 2012
Hm, Kill la Kill. I should note ahead of time that I did give it a high rating of 7/10 (still undecided if I should just move it to 6/10).

The last few episodes just kinda left a bad aftertaste, as it seemed to suffer a similar issue I had with TTGL. That is, the action becomes non-stop after a certain point, and the baddies become even stronger, but then the heroes become even stronger, but then SURPRISE, the baddies become stronger, and then... SURPRISE, the heroes out-strong the baddies again!!! I think this approach is trying to raise the stakes, but this backfires imo. After a certain point, I'm left to think, "Ehyep, pretty sure our heroes will find a way regardless in 3... 2... uh huh, no shocker there!" With so many mind-numbing action and shouting, the tension is lost to me and I'm easily disconnected from the characters.

That said, I did rather like it somewhat better than TTGL, as I did think some bonds with some of the characters were more enjoyable. I'd say I was most hooked as soon as

Kill la Kill should be given credit where credit is due though, as it felt pretty colorfully inventive in some ways.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2017 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
Wintovisky said:
Akatsuki no Yona - great visuals, yes. Characters are okay, I guess. But we got 24 episodes and nothing to make the plot go further happens. In the end, after all the journey, the princess didn't even have a resolve. Overrated. Next season might "fix" it, though (if we get one).

The anime was just a prologue. It's aim was basically to gather all the dragons to aid Yona in her quest. Read the manga; a war is brewing.

Also did we watch the same series? Yona already stepped out of her naivety and found the resolve to kill someone because it was necessary.
Jan 4, 2017 8:39 PM

Jun 2011
Orange... Forced Romance. Being suicidal doesn't mean you get a girlfriend.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 4, 2017 8:43 PM

Jun 2011
Nunnally03 said:

Do you need an explanation?

Kay so watch Junjo Romantica.
Watch Love Stage.
Watch Free!
Watch Cheer Boys.

Do you get it now? And you could watch Gravitation because that is actually the "healthiest" relationship before Doukyuusei came out. And Don't say "but what about No. 6" Well... watch that too.. because No. 6 and Neon Genesis Evangelion like all unmarked Shonen all all have the same issues...

Do you get it now? This is just... what a desperate fanbase of two different genres has been screaming for. Boy sports and shonen ai. It has been incredibly frustrating. That is all. This is just the only one to fix issues we have had for a long long time. Sure, Cheer Boys fixed the problem of the characters never seeming to have a proper coach... but Yuri on Ice... just is superior in every way. Really you could just watch Free... then watch Yuri on Ice. And you will go... yeah I get it.

What people liked about it was instead of the characters tearing each other down like in so many shonen ai... was that they lifted each other up... promoted confidence. There was a good coach. Good music. There were so many references to real skaters, there was beat for beat, everything being made better about every other boy sports show but also every shonen ai show. It became the trope killer. All while having a Shinji, an Asuka and a Kaworu... it was pretty funny.
Energetic-NovaJan 4, 2017 8:55 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 4, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2014
Negima The Movie: instead of an awesome badass Anime that followed the Manga, we got a shitty movie adaption that crapped on the Manga. Movie was rushed.

The pain of never having a Negima Brotherhood sickens me.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 4, 2017 9:04 PM

Apr 2016
It would have to be ChaoS;HEAd for me. I've seen Steins;Gate and just recently finished Occultic;Nine, which were great in my book. I figured ChaoS;HEAd would be great as well. Boy, was I wrong. If there wasn't a second season coming out that I am using for filler for the Winter season, I would have dropped it.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Jan 4, 2017 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely Blood-C. I wasn't really planning on enjoying it all that much in the first place, quite honestly. It was just picked by my friend for our weekly anime night. It's not so bad if you have people to riff on it with, and the action can be downright decent at times...but, yeah, that's about it. Otherwise, completely boring.

Those CLAMP character designs though...like, I really enjoyed Code Geass, and for some reason, the character designs didn't bother me too much then. But with Blood-C, I can't help but fixate on their long-ass arms and legs and how goofy it looks. Not sure if Code Geass had comparably better character designs to Blood-C, or if I just never noticed how goofy Code Geass characters looked. Huh.
Jan 4, 2017 9:31 PM

Jun 2015
Death Note, Death Parade, Gintama, Hellsing Ultimate, Berserk, and Star Wars Rogue One were all fucking horrible. Darth Vader slaughtering those rebels at the end was probably the worst part of the movie. Darth Vader should've just been killed at Mustafar, wait nah that's boring. It sucks that Obi-Wan had to cut him down and let him burn in the lava :(
"I HATE YOU!" Omg that gets me every single time I watch Revenge of the Sith. They were like brothers... I FUCKING HATE YOU, DARTH SIDIOUS! I always wonder what it would be like if Darth Vader hadn't gotten injured at Mustafar... he would've been able to kill even Darth Sidious. Seriously, what the fuck Obi-Wan? No, wait, fuck Yoda. He gave Anakin a half-assed answer to saving Padme. One thing I can't really stand is how Padme is above Obi-Wan in terms of Anakin's trust. Bros before hoes, Anakin... but by the time he cut down Mace Windu, he was already Darth Vader soo... yeah. What a flawless ending executed by Lord Vader. Speaking of "executions", executing Order 66 was brilliant. Props to Sidious. Darth Vader > all, though. Not even Sidious can beat Vader once he's at his full potential. Luke is amazing.

Oh, yeah... those anime are all shit. I was deeply disappointed by them.
Jan 4, 2017 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
Shoujo Kakumei Utena is the reason I've only completed 1 anime in more than 8 months. Disappointment is not enough, I hate it with passion.
Jan 4, 2017 10:00 PM

Aug 2015
Yuri on Ice! Wasn't enough queerbait
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jan 4, 2017 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Orange... Forced Romance. Being suicidal doesn't mean you get a girlfriend.

Being suicidal doesn't mean you should be deprived of romantic experiences either.
Jan 4, 2017 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
Yuri on ice really left me feeling cold. It started off so good and with so much heart but it loses its way around 5 episodes in. Regardless of whether it was queerbait or actually gay the "romance" really ruined the show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 5, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Nunnally03 said:

Do you need an explanation?

Watch Love Stage.
Watch Free!
Watch Cheer Boys.

Do you get it now? And you could watch Gravitation because that is actually the "healthiest" relationship before Doukyuusei came out. And Don't say "but what about No. 6" Well... watch that too.. because No. 6 and Neon Genesis Evangelion like all unmarked Shonen all all have the same issues...

Do you get it now? This is just... what a desperate fanbase of two different genres has been screaming for. Boy sports and shonen ai. It has been incredibly frustrating. That is all. This is just the only one to fix issues we have had for a long long time. Sure, Cheer Boys fixed the problem of the characters never seeming to have a proper coach... but Yuri on Ice... just is superior in every way. Really you could just watch Free... then watch Yuri on Ice. And you will go... yeah I get it.

What people liked about it was instead of the characters tearing each other down like in so many shonen ai... was that they lifted each other up... promoted confidence. There was a good coach. Good music. There were so many references to real skaters, there was beat for beat, everything being made better about every other boy sports show but also every shonen ai show. It became the trope killer. All while having a Shinji, an Asuka and a Kaworu... it was pretty funny.

You asked "Do you need an explanation" but eventually explained even without me replying to you yet, you shouldn't have ask if "I need an explanation" if you were going to do that eventually.

Also Explanation about? How I should feel the same way as you do? on why I shouldn't FEEL disappointed? Ok let me teach my heart how I should feel then, since that is what you explained about.

Watch Love Stage.
Watch Free!
Watch Cheer Boys.

Also mind you, I watched them already, so what is your problem? that you think I need an explanation?

Don't take people who can't like what you like for an idiot, just because they didn't like your favorite anime, doesn't mean they didn't understand it - because that will make you look like a retard, actually reading your post...are you drunk? You just blabbered things that doesn't make sense.

Nunnally03Jan 5, 2017 4:08 AM
Pages (58) « First ... « 55 56 [57] 58 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

58 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
42 seconds ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

41 by CheesyJen »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

104 by APolygons2 »»
13 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

2 by Dizzy-san »»
32 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

12 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.