Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2010 8:33 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was a little surprised that Emma didn't figure out the true identity of Dorothea's friend, "Ms. Trollope" sooner considering how smart & observant Emma seems to be & how often she has flashbacks to every little thing relating to Will. I thought for sure when Ms. Trollope started talking about the Crystal Palace & almost quoted verbatim what William had told Emma in his story that she was going to have an "aha!" moment, but, nope.

And Eleanor is seriously starting to irk me. I want to feel sorry for her, but I find myself just getting annoyed with her instead. Plus, it seems like she doesn't exactly bring out the best in William either.
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Dec 1, 2010 4:40 AM

Sep 2008
I don't think Eleanor's a bad character, but yeah, I just can't come to actually like her. Somehow she just doesn't seem like the right match for William...

I was also surprised that Emma didn't figure out that "Ms. Trollope" was William's mother, especially since she was having flashbacks precisely of the episode that Will told her the story about his mother getting lost and his father saying it was if he had three children...

Finally, Hakim did something besides sit around and smoke his weird pipe! o_O 'Twas a shocker indeed, hahaha. I don't get why Will's little sister likes Hakim so much... Maybe it's just because he seems "exotic", pff...
Sep 16, 2011 4:11 AM

May 2008
Thought William's mother was dead. I wonder if they'll explain why she left cause she seems like a pretty shitty person for leaving her kids.
Oct 25, 2012 4:13 PM

Jan 2012
I don't know why Eleanor is fixed on Will.

Dude's boring as fuck (no homo)
Jan 24, 2013 12:06 AM
Jan 2011
Nice episode. Feel really sorry for Eleanor though. Im probably the only one who ships those two, but still. It must really hurt to have one's heart thrown violently around like that. The scene in the theater especially. Poor girl :(. Reminds me of Hermione from Romeo x Juliet. Noble girls loved by the fathers but not by their sons. Also Trollope is odd as fuck. And im not talking just the fascination with the oriental shit. The woman leaves her family years ago, they dont go looking for her (even though their dad takes a look at the painting as if he still loves her). On the plus side though, Im really liking Emma's new master. Very nice noble woman who gives thanks for all the hard work the servants put in, and who spends time with her children. She rules the house with a just hand, and I am looking forward to seeing more. Also I bet Hans is secretly a teddy bear inside. (in all anime, the tough exterior always belies a soft or hurt interior).
May 17, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
Some interesting development going on, to be honest I'm actually rooting now for Eleanor! I do wonder what role Ms. Trollope or the mother of William will be playing in this story! Lets see what's next!
RafaelDeJonghMay 17, 2013 2:16 PM
Jun 1, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2011
Well, she finally found out about Mrs. Trollepe and her origins. Damn, that took awhile. I mean, was it supposed to be that hard? I don't think so.
Mar 8, 2014 1:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Interesting development there. I wonder if Mrs. trollope has some sort of mental illness?

I don't understand why pretty sweet Eleanor is so crazy about the very boring William.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2014 5:33 PM

Sep 2010
William is a douche, I want to punch his face in.
Aug 7, 2014 5:02 AM

Sep 2013
I feel so bad for Eleanor.

So we finally meet William's mother. I wonder why she's living seperately.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 12, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
AsianKungFu said:
So we finally meet William's mother. I wonder why she's living seperately.

Like Dorothea said, I think it's because she doesn't care about high society. I imagine Will's father wanted her to stop with her eccentricities and mingle more with the socialites.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 7, 2015 7:45 PM
Jan 2013
OnyxEyes3 said:
And Eleanor is seriously starting to irk me. I want to feel sorry for her, but I find myself just getting annoyed with her instead. Plus, it seems like she doesn't exactly bring out the best in William either.

The thing I hate about her is her willingness to hover around him knowing he doesn't love her. She's basically saying she's willing to be his mistress on an emotional level: not privy to commitment or inheritance but able to be close to him. She should have more self respect and stop putting herself in his way.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Apr 15, 2015 7:19 AM
Aug 2012
I'm not sympathising Eleanor..actually I don't like ladies like her..they are a little bit pathetic and being with them won't make William happy-because their relationship isn't natural heart-connected
Dec 2, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2014
I don't hate Miss Eleanor at all, I like her. I mean she's a sweet girl who's in love William. It's not her fault that he doesn't love her. She's trying her best. How can someone hate or dislike such a loving character. We all know she's never gonna get him, thats why i think she deserves someone way better than William Jones.
May 7, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
Vivi sure was happy to be Juliet and having Hakim as Romeo.
So, the friend is William's mom...
Jan 10, 2017 4:57 AM
Dec 2010
skreyola said:
OnyxEyes3 said:

The thing I hate about her is her willingness to hover around him knowing he doesn't love her. She's basically saying she's willing to be his mistress on an emotional level: not privy to commitment or inheritance but able to be close to him. She should have more self respect and stop putting herself in his way.

Its called love you know. You dont just give up and let it go and William knows that he will just hurt her if he continue entertaining her and giving her hope thats why he wants to distance himself.
May 30, 2017 5:00 PM

May 2015
Hmm... like father like son!? I wonder if William's dad did the same things as his son is doing [not pursuing the love of his life(?) because position in society & business is more important than love] the thing is if William is moving on from Emma I wouldn’t mind but I think as soon as he sees Emma again he is going to make Eleanor suffer (Eleanor knew what the deal was), so she I at fault too. To me he is more at fault like 60% and her 40% in the wrong. *Sigh*

Now I want to see Emma side and if Hans is going to be a gentleman (don’t put pressure on her/be patient with her) if he behaves like that then I will start to cheer for Emma to move on with him.

Elfana said:
Their mother! The woman with the short hair and the monkey! It’s the mother of William + siblings, right? D: What is she doing there? O.o *confused*
I want to know if his husband knows her whereabouts... and if they are still married…

callmetheBigD said:
Trollope is odd as fuck. And im not talking just the fascination with the oriental shit. The woman leaves her family years ago, they dont go looking for her (even though their dad takes a look at the painting as if he still loves her). On the plus side though, Im really liking Emma's new master. Very nice noble woman who gives thanks for all the hard work the servants put in, and who spends time with her children. She rules the house with a just hand, and I am looking forward to seeing more. Also I bet Hans is secretly a teddy bear inside. (in all anime, the tough exterior always belies a soft or hurt interior).
This...

skreyola said:
OnyxEyes3 said:

+1

bittersweetlove said:
Vivi sure was happy to be Juliet and having Hakim as Romeo.
Yeah, a dream come true!
May 5, 2019 3:12 PM

Nov 2016
That with William's mother is a nice surprise.

And yeah, I feel pity for Eleanor, even more than before after seeing the extent of her desperation. But being someone to fill a void can't work too well and won't bring true happiness, quite the opposite in fact, especially after a longer time. Well, there's still the possibility that genuine love could blossom, but I guess that's not an option here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 10, 2019 11:09 PM

Nov 2018
Oh, Eleanor and William had quite a moment. Honestly I wouldn't mind if this were to bear fruit and Hans x Emma.
It turns out that lady is William's mom. Emma seemed to get it later, though I didn't feel she did right away.
Sep 1, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2021
I honestly thought William’s mother was dead. But I guess not.
But that explains things a bit.
Also poor Eleanor. I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for her. I hope she finds someone who loves her for who she truly is.
Also William is such a douche. But I can’t hate him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 12 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 13, 2010

41 by WisperG »»
Mar 22, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 5 Discussion

Elfana - Aug 7, 2010

22 by Bluwulf »»
Aug 18, 2023 6:07 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 8 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

16 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:25 AM

Poll: » Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen Episode 6 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 16, 2011

13 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 4 Discussion

en_____ - Jul 5, 2010

28 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 4:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.