Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Aug 16, 2014 12:21 PM
May 2013
I've never gone ":O" during an anime so much before
Sep 22, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
Feck this episode.

seriously... Feck it.

I was minding my own business, watching Toradora rather because it's a "must" than because I really like it...

And BAM!... this episode.

Now I fecking love it. Now I have to cope with all this fecking feels without wich I was completely happy.

God, I love this shit...
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Oct 11, 2014 4:18 PM
Nov 2013
This is my favorite episode, every now and then I watch it again. Damn, that scene when Ryuuji pretend to be Santa is probably the best thing I've ever seen in a romantic anime. It was really beautiful and emotional. The original music is always incredible. Taiga... She deserves the huge fanbase (but not the pedoshit, Taiga is lovely and should receive only innocent love).
blankflatOct 11, 2014 4:25 PM
Nov 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
simple take on love complications, just nice.... this has been the episode of the show, game changer
Nov 20, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2013
This was expected, and I still hated it.
Poor Minorin 'till the end.

Although I felt sad because of Taiga's Christmas tree.
Nov 30, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
softwary said:
God dammit. Fuck Taiga and fuck this show. Taiga ruins everything for Ryuuji and Minorin.

couldn't agree more.
this episode ruins my expectation. I just hate it.
I don't know why people really like Ryuuji x Taiga, but I'm more to Ryuuji x Minorin or Ryuuji x Ami, and Taiga x Kitamura.
Dec 4, 2014 1:34 AM

Nov 2013
If I were Ryuuji, I would have seriously no clue on how to handle the situation. Choose one, and the other will be hurt. And I absolutely hate having to choose between people.
Dec 8, 2014 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
3rd time watching and 3rd time brought to tears. This episode, honestly. I mean, you could see it coming but it's still awesome.
Dec 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
Oh god. This episode got me all teary.
Dec 13, 2014 6:33 AM

Sep 2014
Abyhape said:
softwary said:
God dammit. Fuck Taiga and fuck this show. Taiga ruins everything for Ryuuji and Minorin.

couldn't agree more.
this episode ruins my expectation. I just hate it.
I don't know why people really like Ryuuji x Taiga, but I'm more to Ryuuji x Minorin or Ryuuji x Ami, and Taiga x Kitamura.

I don't think I can ever understand people rooting for Ryuuji and Minori. I mean, honestly, she's the most annoying character of the show. As for Ami, she is the best, that's for sure, and her being with Ryuuji would be cool, but things would have to have happenned differently from the very start.
Dec 24, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2012
Christmas Eve episode on Christmas Eve!!!
Holy,holy,night.

Ryuuji going to see Taiga so she wouldn't have a lonely Christmas was so sweet (biggest grin on my face throughout that spinning hugging scene,such happiness).

Taiga crying ;____;

"The one beside Ryuuji won't be me...I don't want that." Taiga finally realizing her feeling for Ryuuji.

"Ryuuji...Ryuuji...Ryuuji..." Rie Kugimiya,perfect.Such feels.

Minorin rejecting Ryuuji so she won't take him away from Taiga (FINALLY OTP TIME!!!)
VanishingKiraDec 24, 2014 2:34 PM
Dec 24, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
And I'm back rewatching the Christmas episodes. Oh boy, what a bittersweet episode.
Dec 30, 2014 9:50 PM

Jul 2014
softwary said:

Yes, this. Yes. I understood this was probably gonna happen and it was kinda the whole premise of the story and why I watched it. But after all the developments they made between Ryuuji and Minorin and the character developments they made with Taiga this was a huge middle finger to the face of everything.
End rant.
Jan 5, 2015 1:29 AM

Sep 2014
Oh dear, I actually got teary eyed. Ryuuji being Santa for Taiga was JUST TOO CUTE.

The song with KitaEri and Rie Kugimiya was really good. I like how they switched roles in the song between the insert song in the episode and the ED.
Jan 20, 2015 1:32 AM

Sep 2014
Am I missing something? When did she start liking Ryuuji?
Jan 31, 2015 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
Oh fuck I´m crying here just now. This was way too good episode.
Feb 17, 2015 12:02 PM

Nov 2014
wow, this so cheesy
Feb 19, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
I had a feeling Taiga would only hurt herself in this love triangle that is going on. I'm fairly certain both Taiga and Ami both love Ryuuji, but don't want to hurt each other because they are best friends. It's pretty painful because I'm sure Ryuuji's feelings are really mixed as well.
Mar 11, 2015 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
Seems like Taiga selfishness ruined Ryuuji x Minori. It seems unlikely, but still not too late for Ami, Ryuuji.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 15, 2015 1:10 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
KY791 said:
I demand a remake with Minorin as the main protagonist ;_;.

^ this.
Like I said I dont like where this is going ....

May 26, 2015 2:17 PM
Jun 2013
this was easily the best episode so far. I hope this means that Taiga is done with the "mutt" talk. That has been really annoying up to this point, but in this episode she was sweet and beautiful, or "good" as she likes to keep saying.
May 28, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
Ryuuji as Santa was so adorable <3
And Taigaaa awwwwws.
This was too aws and cute and kawaii.
May 28, 2015 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
RYUUUUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ;_;

Taiga's Christmas tree looks like ass.

btw, now that it's confirmed all three girls have a thing for Ryu, this series is officially lowkey harem.

☩ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
☩ RateYourMusic
☩ last.fm
Sep 15, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
Very nice episode, one of the best ones so far! The song was great, and the scene with Santa afterwards too. I for one think her realization wasn't so sudden, those tears were triggered exactly by Ryuuji's kindness and caring for her all the time, the scarf was just catalyst. Though it's also true it would be a lot, lot better if it was Ryuuji who actually rejected Kushieda in the end, not cockblocking Taiga crying on the street. This way it felt like she was forced into rejection.

But it's only fitting that Kushieda went to Taiga's house first. She also have Taiga on the first place in her mind and she couldn't possibly have fun on the party when Taiga went home. But sadly she saw what she saw there. Her feelings aside, I think she realized there that Taiga would be always first for Ryuuji too. Though she also didn't give him a proper chance to get her know better so it's kinda sad. I hoped they will at least go as far as to mutual confession. They deserved at least this. But I guess those type of things are happening in the real life too. But she would be most likely heartbroken and unable to talk to him for some time now. Cause Taiga literally gave her false hope when sending her to the party.

Poor Ryuuji, he can't possibly understand what's in her head when she rejected him.

So, with their stories done Minorin and Kitamura are now out of the way and ending romance can begin.
Mich666Sep 15, 2015 6:01 PM
Dec 14, 2015 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
What an emotional episode, I loved every minute of it! The Santa scene was really really cute and Taiga realizing her feelings was so sad. 5/5!
Mar 17, 2016 9:12 PM

Sep 2014
Finally... Took long enough to get to this point.

I really wanted to go the Ami route, but guess not :(
May 28, 2016 11:29 PM
Aug 2015
vaberella said:

First off there is no understanding as to why she acts like a goofball. Sure in some instances like in episode 2 or so we see how she acts under pressure. But if we're talking about her sillyness and scattiness I don't see an explanation. I'm speaking about scattiness in the sense of custard in a bucket not in her behaviour in the last couple of episodes. As for the last couple of eps it was clearly explained without debate that it was most probably the situation with Ryuuji taking up her time.

See, after re-watching the scene with them trapped in the storehouse in episode three, I finally understand Minori.
Minori is happy and giddy all of the time not just because it's her natural personality, but because she uses it to hide her feelings from herself and from others. This is evidenced when she is scared in the storehouse but decides to tough it up and work with Ryuuji to find a way out. This is her hubris. She takes her emotions and hides them away because she feels it's more convenient for others if she stays the happy, giddy Minori that everyone loves. It's the same way for her concern for Taiga's feelings. She turns Ryuuji down not because she doesn't really want to be with him, but because she saw how Taiga felt for him. She's building up all of her emotions into this pent up ball of sadness, frustration and anxiety that's about to overload and explode at this part in the series. Even when she turns down Ryuuji she's smiling because it's just her way of lying to herself for the better good of others. Minori is the MVP of the Ryuuji x Taiga ship, no doubt about it.
WingedSupernovaMay 28, 2016 11:42 PM
May 28, 2016 11:40 PM
Aug 2015
Mich666 said:
Very nice episode, one of the best ones so far! The song was great, and the scene with Santa afterwards too. I for one think her realization wasn't so sudden, those tears were triggered exactly by Ryuuji's kindness and caring for her all the time, the scarf was just catalyst. Though it's also true it would be a lot, lot better if it was Ryuuji who actually rejected Kushieda in the end, not cockblocking Taiga crying on the street. This way it felt like she was forced into rejection.

But it's only fitting that Kushieda went to Taiga's house first. She also have Taiga on the first place in her mind and she couldn't possibly have fun on the party when Taiga went home. But sadly she saw what she saw there. Her feelings aside, I think she realized there that Taiga would be always first for Ryuuji too. Though she also didn't give him a proper chance to get her know better so it's kinda sad. I hoped they will at least go as far as to mutual confession. They deserved at least this. But I guess those type of things are happening in the real life too. But she would be most likely heartbroken and unable to talk to him for some time now. Cause Taiga literally gave her false hope when sending her to the party.

Poor Ryuuji, he can't possibly understand what's in her head when she rejected him.

So, with their stories done Minorin and Kitamura are now out of the way and ending romance can begin.

There's one interesting thing I see with many people's assumptions on here: Kushieda was definitely going to the party, yes, but was she really going to pass by Taiga's house, or was she going to pass by Ryuuji's? It's a very mute point, yes, but I think it's interesting to try and figure out exactly what Minori was thinking throughout the show as she's so hard to understand before you realize her tendency for self-sacrifice.
Jun 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2015
I expected more of the drama's effect on me, kind of disappointed.
I guess I have to play the VN game for Takasu x Midorin ship.

Jun 28, 2016 8:10 PM
Mar 2015
It took us 19 episodes, but it's confirmed, Taiga loves Ryuuji. Thank God!
Aug 20, 2016 9:47 AM

Aug 2016
Really dissalointed..i mean its really annoying and childish that they feel love for a lot of people and make them feel confused i mean this girl liked the guy with the glasses and out of the sudden she likes the protagonist and the red head girl instead of talking like a woman and tell him " yeaah i love yourr dumby scary little eyes you dumbass I LOVE YOU but i want my annyoing friend to be with u she talks about ufos and monsgers..and this ryuji salamandra acts like he doesnt get anything?.he could already hook up the 3 girls..btw i ship this man with the girl with blue hair,.she is really mature sexy and she teases so beautifully..she is so smart..how can he turn her so easily down? I mean cmon man..you have the chance in front of you and u keep chasing an annoying softball little girl..man up bro..and make right decisions.
Aug 27, 2016 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
Oh... my.... god.... this got to me. What an episode.
Aug 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Hah, I'm watching this show for the first time and I'm really glad I got around to it!
Beautiful episode, so far the biggest highlight for me - quite a few tears were shed.
Oct 9, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
Realization of love on Christmas Eve... check.
Nov 6, 2016 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
Oh,I was right about Taiga ^^
At the beginning I was rather skeptical about this series, but... Yeah, I see why it is hyped. I'm rooting for you Taiga :) [which is rather unusual for me rooting for this type of character]
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2015

These kids... who understand them?
This became a total mess of feelings.

What will happen? Bah, why do I ask? We all know what's gonna happen.

Yeah, I find weird that Taiga falls for him but it also has its logic but her behavior towards him is not that consistent... I think it's more egoist than... bah, whatever. I don't really get it xD I just know since ep 1 that they would end up together so, let's go with it!

In the end, Yuri sensei is right. If you see something you want, take it immediately.

CrazyRomance said:
Really dissalointed..i mean its really annoying and childish that they feel love for a lot of people and make them feel confused i mean this girl liked the guy with the glasses and out of the sudden she likes the protagonist and the red head girl instead of talking like a woman and tell him " yeaah i love yourr dumby scary little eyes you dumbass I LOVE YOU but i want my annyoing friend to be with u she talks about ufos and monsgers..and this ryuji salamandra acts like he doesnt get anything?.he could already hook up the 3 girls..btw i ship this man with the girl with blue hair,.she is really mature sexy and she teases so beautifully..she is so smart..how can he turn her so easily down? I mean cmon man..you have the chance in front of you and u keep chasing an annoying softball little girl..man up bro..and make right decisions.
I agree on almost everything you say but, Ami with Ryuuji is never gonna happen since it's a one way affection. Ryuuji is not interested in her. On the contrary, Minori with Ryuuji is a two way affection, even Taiga and Ryuuji but we know the cliché is powerful and which is gonna be the main couple.

Yiuumii said:
KY791 said:
I demand a remake with Minorin as the main protagonist ;_;.

^ this.
I hope the main couple didn't ruin the anime for you guys since, despite that, the show is still good. At least I still like it.
HumbertoZeroNov 27, 2016 10:45 AM
Dec 8, 2016 7:29 PM
Dec 2016
AkatsukiShinobi said:
Meanwhile Kitamura's too busy being half naked to care about anything, I guess he's okay.

No, he just went into the denial phase Full-Retard. He is shattered and empty inside, and will die a horrible death by overdose, alone in his deteriorating fortress of solitude.
Kushieda will live a successfull life, but always feeling empty inside after she rejected Ryuuji, who will grow sick of his abusive relationship with taiga and say something that forever splits them apart.
And then he will run for Ami, the only hope left for him, but he will find her only to have her die in his arms after horribly suffering from cancer for years.

I'm so optimistic now that they sunk my battleship TT.TT
Dec 18, 2016 9:02 AM
Dec 2016
I loved the.. Episode.. Taiga was looking really pretty.. And ami too..
Taiga break down touched my heart πŸ’—
Dec 19, 2016 7:16 PM

Jun 2008
I was watching this again because of this being close to Christmas. You have to have a heart of stone to not love this series, especially this episode.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 24, 2016 1:55 PM

Dec 2014
That was it? This was the big episode that I've heard so much about? Wow, talk about a let down. I'm suppose to care about Tiaga and her feelings? Well I don't, she's annoying and a asshole. I don't care that she has family problems or that she likes Ryuuji. When she's that big of a tsundere I couldn't care less about her. Their Christmas song wasn't even as good as Mean Girls, so basically I didn't like this episode all that much.
Dec 25, 2016 11:27 PM

Jan 2011
that time of year again i need to start collecting more anime Christmas episodes this is the first one that comes to my mind
Mar 10, 2017 9:54 PM

Mar 2017
I think everyone seems to forget the song and miss the message that Taiga and Ami are singing. The smiles are abound and it's time to make your wish. Feels like Christmas after watching this. :)

English Lyrics
http://wakarenokyoku.blogspot.com/2013/12/holy-night-english-lyrics-toradora.html

English Cover - A damn good one at that. One of my favorite X-mas songs actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMw8Ef0C4sc
Apr 13, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
I just... can't... Although I'm watching this series for the second time, seeing crying Taiga was even more painful for me than the first time I saw it... ;(
Apr 21, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
I can't believe no one gets the happy ending today. That's heart breaking.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
May 9, 2017 5:11 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Taiga, I don't want to see her sad.
Oct 15, 2017 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this Anime so far. But this Episode really sucked in my opinion. Of course it had some good scenes, but I'm dissappointed about this becoming pretty ordinary. I mean seriously, Taiga X Ryuuji is just so obvious and dull! I would have loved to see both being happy with someone and staying best friends, maybe something more, like brother and sister, but I don't want them to be in a romantic relationship!
Oct 15, 2017 5:39 PM

Jun 2013
... β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€β€€
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 17, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
CrazyRomance said:

HumbertoZero said:

These kids... who understand them?
This became a total mess of feelings.

What will happen? Bah, why do I ask? We all know what's gonna happen.

Yeah, I find weird that Taiga falls for him but it also has its logic but her behavior towards him is not that consistent... I think it's more egoist than... bah, whatever. I don't really get it xD I just know since ep 1 that they would end up together so, let's go with it!

In the end, Yuri sensei is right. If you see something you want, take it immediately.

CrazyRomance said:
I agree on almost everything you say but, Ami with Ryuuji is never gonna happen since it's a one way affection. Ryuuji is not interested in her. On the contrary, Minori with Ryuuji is a two way affection, even Taiga and Ryuuji but we know the cliché is powerful and which is gonna be the main couple.

Yiuumii said:

^ this.
I hope the main couple didn't ruin the anime for you guys since, despite that, the show is still good. At least I still like it.

seems u both have been blind that u say it happened suddenly, they have showed that they love each other before, example at the Pool what Taiga yelled don't touch my Ryuuji, she later found excuse for it & said i mean hes my dog after all & also how Ryuuji comes her rescue when she needs him

& second i don't think she ever loved Kitamura that way, i think it wasn't more then childish crush or admiration that she mixed up with love, u know sometimes it happens with ppl they think they are in love with that person & later discover they just admired that person & they really love some1 else

Also when Taiga Confessed to Kitamura at early in the anime its was more like saying i like Ryuuji then i like Kitamura & also despite the rumors Ryuuji said he wants to stand by her side, but the way he did it was also like telling her a like u i am starting to like u romantically

bur ur not the only blind one i have seen more blind ppl with this anime + other anime's where ppl say how come she fell for him out of the blue & i am like WHAAAAAAAAT, its bit irritating XD
Nov 23, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2016
Damn why she gotta arrive at that timing why.
Feb 11, 2018 3:25 PM

Sep 2017
Unless Minori had to walk right past Taiga's apartment/Ryuuji's place to get to the party, I'm pretty sure she was going there to check up on Taiga first, and that she was still unconvinced Taiga didn't have feelings for Ryuuji.

Pre-existing infatuations can make people very blind and sometimes they'll only realise how they feel about someone else in a situation where they either fear losing them or have reason to be jealous. Both the MC's have had that moment recently and it seems like Minori and Ami have pretty much burned their own ships. Which is probably better than either of them getting more involved and hurt in the end. I still really hope they both end up with someone they can depend on by the end of this too though, rather than just being gradually written out
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 10:44 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 14, 2009

232 by Nefrieren »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.