Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 2:57 AM
Jun 2014
What did everyone think of the movie? I thought it was great overall but could've been improved by adding more Sasuke and Toneri having a few more moves. Hanabi also should've been at least a little more that a plot tool. Awesome movie Hinata ftw <3
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jan 17, 2015 3:38 AM

Nov 2014
predictable as hell lol. it didn't really do much for me personally, but it was watchable at least

6/10
Jan 17, 2015 8:38 AM
Mar 2011
Scarf Screen Time: 1 hour
Sasuke Screen Time: 10 seconds + 1 line
Cringe Moments: 2 hours

Worth watching?

No
Jan 17, 2015 8:53 AM
Sep 2007
I saw Sasuke's little part on YouTube; I doubt I'll bother with watching the rest of the movie...
Jan 17, 2015 9:10 AM

Jun 2011
rowdyboy said:
Scarf Screen Time: 1 hour
Cringe Moments: 2 hours

Worth watching?

No

Why are you copy pasting?
Next time, make a proper review.
Jan 18, 2015 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
rowdyboy said:

Good then it'll be awesome.
Jan 29, 2015 10:10 AM
Jul 2010
I think it wasn't all that bad, especially if you compare it to the other shippuden movies... at least this one was somewhat connected.
I would have liked to see a little bit more of Sasuke. It's like if you blink twice then yawn you will miss his appearances lol...
The only thing I felt was wrong about the movie was how the explained how Naruto wasn't actually in love with Sakura but rather was just competing with Sasuke. I feel that one argument is not sound. After all he was in love with Sakura before team 7... so that yeah...

Anyways not that bad a movie considering it's predecessors.
Jan 29, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
guys I haven't seen the movie but I'd like to ask, does this movie include any development on the sasusaku relationship? I don't like it, but I think it should be explained how it developed since it was kinda out of the blue for Sasuke.
Jan 29, 2015 11:29 AM

Feb 2013
Tobuay said:

The only thing I felt was wrong about the movie was how the explained how Naruto wasn't actually in love with Sakura but rather was just competing with Sasuke.

.....really? seriously, Kishi, I bet there were better ideas to justify NH -.-

Jan 29, 2015 5:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I did a review for the film so you all can check that out there you want

But anyway, I liked this film a lot, and it's definitely worth at least one watch.
Jan 29, 2015 5:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
danae17 said:
guys I haven't seen the movie but I'd like to ask, does this movie include any development on the sasusaku relationship? I don't like it, but I think it should be explained how it developed since it was kinda out of the blue for Sasuke.
The film is strictly NaruHina, however we are going to be getting a novel soon that will focus solely on Sakura and it will deal with love so hopefully that translates to how SasuSaku actually happened
Jan 29, 2015 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
I really didn't like it at all, and it had nothing to do with it being romance/NH focused.

Firstly, they subtly changed canon developments from the manga to suit the needs of the movie:

- In the manga during the war, Hinata's shy personality had essentially vanished. She slapped some sense into Naruto, firmly talk no jutsu'd him, held hands with him and proceeded to kick some ass. In the movie, she's regressed back to her annoying (IMO) part 1 self where she constantly stutters and is afraid to approach Naruto. In the manga, she's able jump into battle knowing she'll probably get killed, in order to protect Naruto and even confesses her love for him, yet here, she's too scared to give him a scarf. WTF? She gets so upset when Naruto simply thanks some fangirls for giving him gifts, and jumps to the conclusion that his green scarf was a romantic gift from a girl. Why would she feel so down/jealous over these things when she spent the entire manga dealing with Naruto being constantly close to Sakura, and never batted an eyelash? Even after the fight with Pein, Sakura hugged Naruto in front of her and she looked pleased. It makes no sense.

- Apparently, Naruto is so dense he equated romantic love to that of loving Ramen. How does that make any sense when 1. He asked Kushina how she fell in love with Minato and UNDERSTOOD her explanation. 2. He seemed very aware and understanding of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke throughout the entire manga. When Sai told Naruto of Sakura's plan to kill Sasuke in the Land of Iron, did he really think Sakura would go so far for someone who she loved the same way as a certain food? It's ridiculous.

Secondly, this was just a personal gripe, but I can't stand damsels in distress, and Hinata was the pure embodiment of this annoying trope in this movie:

- She stupidly chose to go with Toneri without telling anyone of her intentions, or even devising a plan once she arrived there, all for the sake of contrived romantic drama. Once there, of course she fails to retrieve Hanabi, and subsequently gets turned into a puppet in need of rescuing. Once Naruto arrives, he saves said puppet only for her to get taken control of again. A little while after she's saved AGAIN, she gets captured AGAIN and placed in a sort of bird cage, in need of saving AGAIN. The only useful thing Hinata did in combat situations was lend Naruto her chakra twice, that's it. The rest of the time she's a helpless damsel in distress. Here I was hoping I'd see Hinata impress me in combat, maybe master the 128 palms like Neji, but nope.

Aside from those two MAJOR flaws I had with the movie, it was decent. The soundtrack was cool and the animation was excellent. But considering how those two glaring flaws were evident throughout the entire movie, I just couldn't enjoy it.
Jan 29, 2015 7:21 PM
Jun 2014
Madara31 said:
I really didn't like it at all, and it had nothing to do with it being romance/NH focused.

Firstly, they subtly changed canon developments from the manga to suit the needs of the movie:

- In the manga during the war, Hinata's shy personality had essentially vanished. She slapped some sense into Naruto, firmly talk no jutsu'd him, held hands with him and proceeded to kick some ass. In the movie, she's regressed back to her annoying (IMO) part 1 self where she constantly stutters and is afraid to approach Naruto. In the manga, she's able jump into battle knowing she'll probably get killed, in order to protect Naruto and even confesses her love for him, yet here, she's too scared to give him a scarf. WTF? She gets so upset when Naruto simply thanks some fangirls for giving him gifts, and jumps to the conclusion that his green scarf was a romantic gift from a girl. Why would she feel so down/jealous over these things when she spent the entire manga dealing with Naruto being constantly close to Sakura, and never batted an eyelash? Even after the fight with Pein, Sakura hugged Naruto in front of her and she looked pleased. It makes no sense.

- Apparently, Naruto is so dense he equated romantic love to that of loving Ramen. How does that make any sense when 1. He asked Kushina how she fell in love with Minato and UNDERSTOOD her explanation. 2. He seemed very aware and understanding of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke throughout the entire manga. When Sai told Naruto of Sakura's plan to kill Sasuke in the Land of Iron, did he really think Sakura would go so far for someone who she loved the same way as a certain food? It's ridiculous.

Secondly, this was just a personal gripe, but I can't stand damsels in distress, and Hinata was the pure embodiment of this annoying trope in this movie:

- She stupidly chose to go with Toneri without telling anyone of her intentions, or even devising a plan once she arrived there, all for the sake of contrived romantic drama. Once there, of course she fails to retrieve Hanabi, and subsequently gets turned into a puppet in need of rescuing. Once Naruto arrives, he saves said puppet only for her to get taken control of again. A little while after she's saved AGAIN, she gets captured AGAIN and placed in a sort of bird cage, in need of saving AGAIN. The only useful thing Hinata did in combat situations was lend Naruto her chakra twice, that's it. The rest of the time she's a helpless damsel in distress. Here I was hoping I'd see Hinata impress me in combat, maybe master the 128 palms like Neji, but nope.

Aside from those two MAJOR flaws I had with the movie, it was decent. The soundtrack was cool and the animation was excellent. But considering how those two glaring flaws were evident throughout the entire movie, I just couldn't enjoy it.

The going quietly with the main villain is done multiple times in different anime like in the strong world one piece movie with nami and shiki
Jan 29, 2015 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
Wow...so much dislike. I personally didn't think it was all that bad.

I mean it wasn't perfect of course but I enjoyed it at the very least.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 29, 2015 10:32 PM
Jun 2014
sweet5 said:

Movie was enjoyable. People who write essays and overanalyse it ruin it for themselves because they are too busy looking for flaws instead of sitting back and relaxing.
Jan 29, 2015 10:37 PM

Feb 2012
Great Film, 9/10(alot better than previous Naruto films, not saying much). NS butthurt still running rampant these days.
Jan 30, 2015 1:08 AM

Apr 2010
I enjoyed it but the way Naruto realized he was in love made me say, "Huh?". And Sasuke didn't even have close to 15 seconds of screen time. lol

I still plan to buy it on bluray when the time comes. I don't have high hopes for the Boruto at this point.
Jan 30, 2015 12:35 PM

Oct 2010
boredxxx said:

The going quietly with the main villain is done multiple times in different anime like in the strong world one piece movie with nami and shiki
And when they actually plan ahead, then I have no problems with it. But when it's done in other animes as stupidly as it was done in The Last, I'll hate on it there too. Hinata literally had no idea how she was gonna rescue Hanabi by herself. She left without telling the others for the sake of romantic drama, that's it.
Madara31Jan 30, 2015 12:56 PM
Jan 30, 2015 12:39 PM

Oct 2010
boredxxx said:
sweet5 said:

Movie was enjoyable. People who write essays and overanalyse it ruin it for themselves because they are too busy looking for flaws instead of sitting back and relaxing.
I hope this wasn't referring to me, because I wasn't looking for flaws. I was hoping to enjoy it because I'm a very big NaruHina fan. I just didn't like the was they portrayed the events at all. And as I said, my second major gripe regarding Hinata being a damsel in distress, while that in itself was a fact, whether that annoys people is solely down to their own preferences, and I made that clear.
Feb 1, 2015 4:19 AM

Jan 2014
including the part where Toneri wants Hinata to be his wife was much pretty random... but the love story was ok and I enjoyed it, since Kishi did mention that this movie was about the two of them, if you guys seriously just watched and pay attention from the beginning till the end of the movie... it's pretty obvious this movie is about Naruto and Hinata's love story... how our madafaker dense boy just realize how from the very beginning that his true love was just right beside him waiting for him to notice her, if not for the genjutsu he would not have realize that maybe...
but seriously....
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 4, 2015 8:59 AM

May 2011
Tobuay said:
The only thing I felt was wrong about the movie was how the explained how Naruto wasn't actually in love with Sakura but rather was just competing with Sasuke. I feel that one argument is not sound. After all he was in love with Sakura before team 7... so that yeah...

This. I disliked how they brought out this just for the sake of NaruHina. Don't get me wrong i'm a NaruHina fan all the while but denying the fact that he loved sakura is just plain bullshit, i'm totally disappointed with how kishimoto handled this movie. I mean the good thing about hinata is she can support naruto all along the entire series eventhough she knows that naruto actually likes sakura in the first place, although the feeling somehow faded alongside as the series progressed.

Besides that, we just don't have enough sasuke. Man, his appearance is like 10 seconds, jumped in, instant ko'ed a big ass meteor that took a whole team of rock lees to cut it into half like some badass, left a single line, and disappeared. What was that man? Surely he could've at least showed up at Naruto's wedding or something.

Well. with all that rant and all. It wasn't a bad movie, for a naru hina fag like me, i'm actually pretty happy with all the naru hina moments we're getting there and the whole movie made it feel like it's sole purpose is to satisfy naru hina fanbase needs. Not that i could complain much, only if they have a little bit more of sasuke..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 5, 2015 2:07 AM

Aug 2013
Eh, idk.
Personally I found the movie really enjoyable tho the villain was quite boring.
Feb 5, 2015 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Haha, I didn't think they were being serious with "Boruto". His actual name is Boruto ffs XD
Feb 19, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
xcess090 said:
rowdyboy said:

Good then it'll be awesome.

if sasuke and sakura wouldnt have been main chars, the anime would have been so much better
Feb 20, 2015 10:03 PM

Apr 2013
Kiev said:
Tobuay said:

This. I disliked how they brought out this just for the sake of NaruHina. Don't get me wrong i'm a NaruHina fan all the while but denying the fact that he loved sakura is just plain bullshit, i'm totally disappointed with how kishimoto handled this movie. I mean the good thing about hinata is she can support naruto all along the entire series eventhough she knows that naruto actually likes sakura in the first place, although the feeling somehow faded alongside as the series progressed.
It's like you guys completely missed chapter 3 where he said said he liked Sakura after noticing she liked Sasuke. He never gave another reason why he liked Sakura and his feelings for her got next to zero attention outside of a blush here and a half-hearted date request there, so this shouldn't be surprised it was just a fleeting crush. Especially when you compare it to how he acted around somebody he actually loved, as shown in this movie.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
Feb 22, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, a lot of negative comments here D:
Personally I loved the movie!
I felt like...it was a really nice closure for Naruto!
Feb 22, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
I saw it last night in downtown independent in LA. 5/10. Boring as shit, I fell asleep twice.
Feb 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Sep 2013
Ockap1812 said:
I saw it last night in downtown independent in LA. 5/10. Boring as shit, I fell asleep twice.

Don't know how you fell asleep. The audience was surprisingly loud. (The YEAAA!!) So was the film.

I found the movie to be pretty good in comparison to the other films

A lot of talking then some action here and there. I liked how it was just a wrap up to explain how naruto and hinata got together since it wasn't explained in the last chapter. So most of the characters didn't get enough screentime, I mean Ten ten only showed up in the credits, because this wasn't about them. Sasuke was basically just there for fan service.
I liked how they tried to make her less of a damsel in distress. So I ended up liking this "romance" story.

I wasn't familiar with the whole naruto story, I stopped before the time skip. And only knew stuff that happens after from my younger brother telling me what he read, and from the games.
Feb 23, 2015 8:14 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed the movie. Especially Sasuke's appearances.
10/10
Feb 23, 2015 8:25 PM

Sep 2011
Just watch this a the theater, I thought it was quite good and had great NaruHina moments.
Feb 23, 2015 9:16 PM
May 2011
loki_16 said:
Just watch this a the theater, I thought it was quite good and had great NaruHina moments.
Watched this at Downtown Independent, I thought it was really well done despite I've only followed the anime and not the manga.
Feb 28, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
The ending credits almost made me shed a tear. NaruHina shipper since the get go.

That, the spectacular intro and the Sasuke scene were the only redeemable parts of this shit. Everything else was so cringe worthy.
Mar 16, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2014
I watched the movie a few weeks ago subbed in movie theaters, just wanted to start a thread that points out how bad this was..(basically a polite rage.)
Please include anything that you disliked about the movie :)

1. The romance in the movie was god awful,
- Oh, so Hinata just happened to make a scarf that she kept all these years?
- Naruto falls in love with Hinata in like 10 minutes of the movie, and just because he realizes she loves him? What happened to him and Saruka? Why does Sakura say that Naruto only liked her because Sasuke was his rival? (He went through so much to be with Sakura early on...)
2. The villain, the other descendant from the Sage of Six Paths.
- Since the movie is considered to be canon, why is this Byakugan Princess never even mentioned once before? Why is the Hyuga bloodline never explained beforehand?..
- He just becomes this blob of eyeballs toward the end...and Naruto somehow saves him?
- Villain seems to be so overly powerful but Naruto just takes him down with one punch?
- Portal that connects Earth to the Moon, #logic (heavy sarcasm.. but still)

The movie itself is generally rushed, the romance is again horrid, and the villain is just retarded..

and NaruHina sucks.

Mod Note: Thread merged with previous version of this topic.
rodacMar 16, 2015 10:37 PM
Not all those wander are lost.
Mar 16, 2015 10:00 PM

Jun 2014
shamil98 said:

and NaruHina sucks.

Was following up to there.

Please go into detail why !
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 16, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Okay. This can be summed up by saying that you are upset your ship sank.

You cannot deny that the Tenseigan is neat though.

Besides, Toneri was still a better villain than Kaguya.
StevenHuMar 16, 2015 10:05 PM
Mar 16, 2015 10:08 PM

Sep 2013
That moon level naruto thou XD
Beats luffy into dust XD
Mar 16, 2015 10:22 PM

Jan 2014
7starkiller99 said:
shamil98 said:

and NaruHina sucks.

Was following up to there.

Please go into detail why !

A girl that has stalked another guy ends up with him?...

Literally the weirdest romance i've heard of, and not because of my ship sank, in general I thought the movie was just a bit trashy...Kishimoto can't write romance, I was expecting more action.

Oh, I forgot to add, Sasuke is in the movie poster, but is in the movie for all of but 3 seconds...
Mar 16, 2015 10:24 PM

Jan 2014
StevenHu said:
Okay. This can be summed up by saying that you are upset your ship sank.

You cannot deny that the Tenseigan is neat though.

Besides, Toneri was still a better villain than Kaguya.

Kaguya was at least more powerful, and the center of Toneri's fight is about the end of the world and saving a damsel in distress.

Madara, and Kaguya kinda already did that.
Apr 15, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
Watched the movie last week.... It's shame that we can't see again naruto and companions going on new adventure again.... My feeling was mixed.. before this movie i'm about 20% but now i'm a full naruhina shipper...

10/10

Apr 24, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2015
I didn't have high expectations for it so atleast I didn't end up being disappointed ;D

If you care for the characters,NaruHina,then you'll love this movie but otherwise it's just okay or meh.
Still liked this more than RoN though and it was better compared to the current filler aswell...
5/10 overall because I'm generous today :P
Apr 24, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fixed thread
Apr 24, 2015 8:21 PM

Oct 2011
Korean version but not so good subs... will do for now.

At least Naruto is happy that's all that matters

Will rewatch 3 months from now with better subs.
Apr 25, 2015 8:13 AM

May 2014
HOLY SHIT LOL this movie was underwhelming.
guess the ending of the movie is the beginning of ass class huh ?
i didnt have high expectations for it anyway since kichi is a shity writer, i mean, i've enjoyed some of the older movies more then this crap.
RIP series.
Apr 25, 2015 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
It was an okay Movie, but damn...........that was some cheesy shit

-The love story at the beginning felt needlessly dragged IMO. Also, the Cockblock was Stronk in this one

-As much as I hate Sakura, I did'nt like the whole "just competing with Sasuke" angle, It felt pretty cheap.

-The Villain was okay, Not the best, but most definetly not the worst Naruto Villain. I mean seriously, after Obito and Kaguya, I doubt the series can do worse in the Villain Department.

-Was Sasuke really in this Movie just to break a meteor and spout one line???
Apr 25, 2015 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
If you viewed this movie as a stand alone movie, try to ingore the manga, it's above average. But because everyone is so well informed with the manga and the history, it doesn't have the same impact. There are definitely worse love stories around, this was fine.
Eh
Apr 25, 2015 7:33 PM

Dec 2008
Had to deal with shit quality but make do with what you have!

The first 17 minutes of depressed and flustered Hinata broke my heart ;---; </3
There is no way Hinata's not freezing with that sleeveless shirt in the middle of winter in a forest while its snowing.

This movie is all about the scarf abuse. So many scarfs have died in the making of this film.

I'm super happy they added that aftercredits scene. Wouldve been a tad disappointed otherwise.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It wasn't "OMFG BEST THING EVER!" but it was still fun. If your main shipping isn't NaruHina then you probably won't enjoy this. If it is, steel your heart for it'll melt at times.

Antagonist wasn't all that special and the last portion felt somewhat dragged out.

But regardless, Hinata, you got your perfect ending. I'm so happy for you ;___;

7/10, may rerate to 8.

Sasuke shouldn't even be in the poster. He's present for all of 30 seconds.

-----------
Edit: Oh right. Naruto's so retarded. Hinata confessed to him when she fought Pain, but it's like he completely forgot about that and her feelings until he was stuck in Genjutsu. Gawd.
sarroushApr 25, 2015 8:17 PM
Apr 26, 2015 12:12 AM

Oct 2009
I only found the movie in (what I think is) chinese (I may be wrong), and the subbing was quite bad too, so I didn't get to enjoy the movie to its fullest. I'm probably gonna rewatch it in japanese when I get the opportunity.

I Think I'll give it a 7/10, it was by no means "great", but a nice little backstory to conclude the story.
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Apr 26, 2015 6:08 AM
Mar 2015
They can breathe on the moon, of course. It's sooooo logic and normal.
I've been waiting more from this film.

Apr 26, 2015 10:42 AM
Apr 2015
Raneer said:
Kiev said:

It's like you guys completely missed chapter 3 where he said said he liked Sakura after noticing she liked Sasuke. He never gave another reason why he liked Sakura and his feelings for her got next to zero attention outside of a blush here and a half-hearted date request there, so this shouldn't be surprised it was just a fleeting crush. Especially when you compare it to how he acted around somebody he actually loved, as shown in this movie.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
I'll try to check that chapter 3 later since i only read the manga by the part after the last anime that already came out, but even if that's true that doesn't really have much meaning since love can grew with time they (naruto and sakura) spent together, and i know that naruto really loves sakura especially after that time they spent together. How can you said that his feeling for her next to zero? Naruto even did everything for her. There's a moment when naruto said that he can't confess his love to sakura because he still can't fulfill his promise to her and it's too realistic to become a lie. That's maybe the reason he acted like half-hearted when he ask sakura for date (I think maybe he'll ask her seriously when he already fulfill his promise to her). There's also many other things that can prove his love to sakura that i can't mentioned one by one. Also, the way naruto act to hinata in this movie is nothing compared to the major story that shows naruto's love to sakura. That's actually the problem here, i mean it's just to sudden how naruto confessed his love to Hinata since the major story made it looks like naruto only set his eyes to sakura.
Apr 26, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
NoctisMaiestatem said:
They can breathe on the moon, of course. It's sooooo logic and normal.
I've been waiting more from this film.

Um......but using earth destroying jutsus is okay?Man your suspension of disbelief is fucked up.

As for movie meh i got trolled again with Sasuke short appearence.....
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm confused

Mushroomen - Jul 28, 2022

20 by rileybrok »»
Jul 27, 2023 11:15 PM

» When to watch the last

removed-user - Feb 3, 2022

23 by Shwetank_anime »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM

» Good shonen movies to watch even from any series

bgloudcold_24 - Mar 29, 2022

12 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 2:14 PM

» Do I need to watch this before Boruto?

SoulessAnime - May 1, 2021

14 by Waves-Elian »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:21 AM

» Am I the only person who hated this movie?

NervousWreck - May 3, 2015

36 by Sunproof21 »»
Sep 16, 2021 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.