Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 3, 2014 5:10 PM

Nov 2013
I posted numerous times why the 2nd cour of the 2nd season is pure garbage. I don't have to repeat myself.
TyrelDec 3, 2014 11:21 PM
Dec 3, 2014 5:13 PM
Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
I posted numerous times why the 2nd cour of the 2nd season is pure garbage. I don't have to repeat myself.

2nd cour complete garbage, pretty sure you just watched Caliber and that's it.

The arc hasn't even get to the point.
TyrelDec 3, 2014 11:21 PM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 3, 2014 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
There's no excuse in having a shitty "mini-arc". That's 4 episodes down the drain. And the current arc is also bad. Season 1, actual human lives were at stake; GGO there were also deaths in real life which gave meaning to the struggle. Here we just have a bunch of egoists who want to carve their virtual names in a virtual game on a virtual wall. And they made the dialogue way too cliché and cheesy.
TyrelDec 3, 2014 11:20 PM
Dec 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
Seems the whole reason for calling it trash is because lives are not at stake. The series is about VR and how that affects lives. A sense of danger can be present and you don't even know it. Watch the whole arc before calling it trash.
Dec 3, 2014 5:29 PM
Feb 2014
HandsomeMan said:
There's no excuse in having a shitty "mini-arc". That's 4 episodes down the drain. And the current arc is also bad. Season 1, actual human lives were at stake; GGO there were also deaths in real life which gave meaning to the struggle. Here we just have a bunch of egoists who want to carve their virtual names in a virtual game on a virtual wall. And they made the dialogue way too cliché and cheesy. There, I repeated myself for you blind fanboys.

I still fail to see the problem with the Calibur arc, yes no lives were at stake but is there any need to? It was about a popular part of Nordic Mythology and showed the possibilities Cardinal has at its disposal.

You may find it boring but it is important for the later story nethertheless. Calibur is also the one and only arc that is just about playing a game because that is what ALO actually is and what SAO was originally meant to be.

Without such an arc you could ask yourself why VR is even still allowed, if people are only dieing left and right because of it.

As for MR this arc is not over and it seems you constantly need an explanation why people are doing what they do right at that time. There is a reason why they wanted to do that and it will get revealed soon.
Dec 3, 2014 5:31 PM
Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
There's no excuse in having a shitty "mini-arc". That's 4 episodes down the drain. And the current arc is also bad. Season 1, actual human lives were at stake; GGO there were also deaths in real life which gave meaning to the struggle. Here we just have a bunch of egoists who want to carve their virtual names in a virtual game on a virtual wall. And they made the dialogue way too cliché and cheesy. There, I repeated myself for you blind fanboys.

ALO were 10 episodes down the drain, your argument is totally invalid, kid.

SAO is not about the sense of danger.

Those "egoists" have deeper stories than most anime characters.

Dialogue is so cliché and chessy that you didn't even notice the characters reasons and just called them "egoists"... pls.
ReyxeDec 3, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 3, 2014 9:14 PM

Sep 2013
Yuuki is kinda growing on me, which is odd since almost all of the characters in this show are either bad or mediocre. Also Asuna is improving (a little) with the whole back-story.
sic mundus
Dec 4, 2014 3:17 AM

Aug 2014
HandsomeMan said:
There's no excuse in having a shitty "mini-arc". That's 4 episodes down the drain.

And yet if we skipped that people would start saying asspull about Kirito having Excalibur.
Also there's foreshadowing involved for later arcs in it.

And the current arc is also bad. Season 1, actual human lives were at stake; GGO there were also deaths in real life which gave meaning to the struggle. Here we just have a bunch of egoists who want to carve their virtual names in a virtual game on a virtual wall. .

Forgetting ALO, are we? Sure, Asuna was at stake, but Kirito spent his time actually playing the game super seriously.
And you don't know anything about their reasons why, so I don't see how you can comment on it.

And they made the dialogue way too cliché and cheesy

Are you sure we watched the same season 1? Because that dialogue was more cliche and cheesy than this will ever be.
Dec 4, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, no. All the "onii-chan's" and "papa's" have escalated in this season after GGO.
And yes, Asuna being connected to a Life Support machine being on a verge of death is much more serious than whatever fun adventure the new team is having here.

I didn't read the novel, I don't care how poorly "adapted" season 1 was. When comparing an anime to an anime season 1 > season 2. And if they continued the same way after GGO this season would be on par in terms of quality, but instead they made a complete mockery of the series.
Dec 4, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2008
After GGO things got boring in this season. Yeah we defeated a little video game monster and now we are having a party. Whatever, i'm bored.
Dec 4, 2014 9:02 AM
Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Yeah, no. All the "onii-chan's" and "papa's" have escalated in this season after GGO.
And yes, Asuna being connected to a Life Support machine being on a verge of death is much more serious than whatever fun adventure the new team is having here.

I didn't read the novel, I don't care how poorly "adapted" season 1 was. When comparing an anime to an anime season 1 > season 2. And if they continued the same way after GGO this season would be on par in terms of quality, but instead they made a complete mockery of the series.

Season 2 > Season 1 all the way, its better in every single aspect.

Also, asuna's deal in ALO wasn't as serious as Sleeping Knights "fun adventure" get your shit together before talking, you haven't met the characters or their story.

Dec 4, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
Reyxe said:
HandsomeMan said:

Season 2 > Season 1 all the way, its better in every single aspect.

Also, asuna's deal in ALO wasn't as serious as Sleeping Knights "fun adventure" get your shit together before talking, you haven't met the characters or their story.

No point in arguing since this whole arc is not done yet. Like I posted before and told him something can be life threatening and still not be present or even noticed.
Dec 4, 2014 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
Reyxe said:
HandsomeMan said:

Dialogue is so cliché and chessy that you didn't even notice the characters reasons and just called them "egoists"... pls.

Oh my gosh, thank you for this. This show is littered with awful writing. This arc has absolutely no through-line. It's pathetic.
Dec 4, 2014 10:44 AM
Apr 2014
Dragoon402 said:
Reyxe said:

Oh my gosh, thank you for this. This show is littered with awful writing. This arc has absolutely no through-line. It's pathetic.

Not sure if sarcasm, if it was, ignore this, if it wasn't, you do know mine was, right?

Dec 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2014
Dragoon402 said:

"And i'm saying this because I know everything about the arc and what happens in it, including motivations and character depth that are yet to be explored."
InsertanamehereDec 4, 2014 11:09 AM
Dec 4, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2011
Cool, so it's people who are here " I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REASONS FOR X THEREFORE THERE IS NO REASON FOR X" all over again without even thinking about the "why". Living with people like that must be absolutely wonderful. Guh.

Also please don't talk about writing when you don't know anything about it, please. What you just said about sleeping knight is a definite proof that you don't know anything about what foreshadowing or other things mean.

Also, stop wanting the show to be what YOU want or go on and become a goddamn producer. SAO isn't about drama and the whole world constantly being at stake etc. That's once again missing the point of the whole story. It was the case in S1 but this was the byproduct of the REAL theme, the implications of VR. Like le PTSD part or everything about Sleeping Knight.

And butchered? We'll talk about this again when you will be able to understand something else than what the show clearly throws at your face, implications, and other things like that. Saying that SK are a bunch of stupid egoists just prove that you didn't get it. And quite a lot of people have a very clear idea of the "why" even without reading the LN. Learn to read between the lines before complaining about the show. The whole deal with SK is already WAY TOO OBVIOUS in the anime IMO given how they used the directing on some parts "without any reason" at first sight . If you don't even get this then stop saying that everything is butchered, because there is way enough clues about this for a looot of people. It's certainly not the anime's fault if you cannot, once again, read between the lines and get what the arc is about. And if you REALLY cannot get it, then just shut up and watch, they'll tell it very soon.
willardhwrightDec 4, 2014 12:41 PM
Dec 4, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2013
^ A whole lot of empty talk. The show went to crap, deal with it.
Dec 4, 2014 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
HandsomeMan said:

Show was crap in season 1, season 2 was better. If you haven't realized that yet, then I really can't say much at this point. Or if you really want to keep talking like that then go read the LN's. THere are like 7 volumes after this, and if you still hate it, then I really don't know what to say. Like I am not expecting you to say it's the best book you ever read man. But SAO is not the worst anime ever created, let's get that straight.
removed-userDec 4, 2014 7:13 PM
Dec 4, 2014 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
HandsomeMan said:

Yeah, too bad I did read the LN and therefore I do know if SK are indeed just a "bunch of egoists" or not. You're just being ridiculous here, it's not helping you at all, especially when your only "argument" come from something you fail to figure out when it's painfully obvious. But if you want to keep talking about things you don't know anything about, like the writing (because apparently a story has to tell you ABSOLUTELY everything and you don't have to deduce anything yourself; I think the only kind of writing you'd like is pretty much instruction manuals and that's it), then do, it just shows that you don't know at all what you're talking about since you don't even get what other anime-only viewers seem to get about the character's motivations. Otherwise, well, whatever, say what you want, trolls are funny to watch anyway.
But that's not going to work if you are not able to have an argument that is at the very least credible -right or not, that's another matter- and that just make you look like an idiot who was playing CS while watching, therefore missed all the important parts and don't even get the "why", and is still talking about something that is "objectively bad" afterward.
You're not going to be a good troll at all if people are not angry at you, but rather have pity of you because it looks like you are too stupid to read the subs given what you miss.
willardhwrightDec 5, 2014 4:00 PM
Dec 4, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2013
salmon3669 said:
But SAO is not the worst anime ever created, let's get that straight.

Never said it was. I rated SAO a 9. And I doubt I'm ever going to read the LN's.
Dec 5, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2007
I am still surprised people keep taking the bait of an obvious troll instea of mashing report button >_>
Dec 5, 2014 5:29 AM
Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:

Still better than half your list tho.

Dec 5, 2014 6:01 AM

Nov 2013
Reyxe said:
HandsomeMan said:

lol your list is full of shounen anime which you rate 8-10 throughout. Get some variety in your taste, kid.
Dec 5, 2014 6:28 AM
Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Reyxe said:

lol your list is full of shounen anime which you rate 8-10 throughout. Get some variety in your taste, kid.

That's not my full list tho, kid.

I'm just too lazy to move everything from Anime-Planet to MAL. I read and watch basically everything, from Shojo to Horror, from Romance to Ecchi and so on, kid.

Dec 5, 2014 9:38 PM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well damn, Yuuki is pretty OP in the fight this episode not that I'm entirely surprised by that.

Seems that they are raiding a dungeon with the team. Kinda reminded me of Log Horizon this episode. Asuna using ice magic seems kinda interesting though. It looks like they did it though after the fight. Well deserved victory. Episode felt pretty fast overall imo but it looks like they got their names on that wall.

tsubasalover said:
Not just Kirito, but also friend guy is here. Yuuki team is strong, too. Asuna is helpful for quickly defeating the healers. Challenging that boss again.

That battle OST... FictionJunction sang that during the live... She also found its weak point, and Yuuki quickly attacked it. So they won. Celebration at their house. Asuna wanting to be friends with them more time, but they are being awkward. After a photo, Yuuki suddenly left... wonder what happens.

Poor asuna chan I understand her I know it's felt

I wonder where the two guys are gone, too.
nepu nepu
Dec 5, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
I am not really a fan of this arc that much. GGO was surprisingly my favourite SAO arc besides maybe the first arc of season 1. I really want to see some more Laughing Coffin stuff or something that is as high stakes as that.

Yuuki is cute though. That's the only redeeming feature of this arc.
Dec 5, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2014
affirming_flame said:
I am not really a fan of this arc that much. GGO was surprisingly my favourite SAO arc besides maybe the first arc of season 1. I really want to see some more Laughing Coffin stuff or something that is as high stakes as that.

Every arc has some form of high stakes but in different ways. The series is not about high stakes or danger in the first place. This arc is perfect for showing the different ways things can matter in life besides danger.
Dec 6, 2014 3:01 AM

Mar 2011
affirming_flame said:

I'd say that this arc can seem very....."random" until you learn Yuuki's backstory. It gives a new meaning to pretty much everything in the arc. It's also PRETTY heavily hinted all the time if you look for it, both in the show itself and the opening. But the "serious" aspect of GGO (like Shinon's PTSD) is also here. Not the same kind of "stakes" but it is still interesting. Maybe even "worse" than in GGO since here it cannot be controlled, you'll see. But you have to learn all the informations in order to get it.
willardhwrightDec 6, 2014 3:05 AM
Dec 6, 2014 3:21 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm.. Yuuki is probably Asuna's real sister, or dead.
An overall very enjoyable episode!! ^___^
Dec 6, 2014 2:33 PM
Jul 2013
I'm kinda losing my will to watch SAO... BUT THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!
Dec 7, 2014 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
So many questions! D: On to the next episode!
Dec 7, 2014 8:07 AM

Jan 2008
I figured Kirito would draw out Excalibur as his second sword. That short scene was so cool.

Yuuki pretty much stole the spotlight in this episode with Asuna coming in at second. Damn! Seeing Asuna's lightning flash moves was sorta nostalgic.

I'm getting a bad feeling about these priests and their spoiler tags. :3
Dec 7, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2014
Did anyone see the similarities between Yuuki and Madara?The way Yuuki fought the 20+ or so players kind of reminded me of how Madara destroyed the army in that one epic episode.But overall good fight,Kirito's slicing magic scene was cool as well.
Dec 8, 2014 4:03 AM

Jun 2013
"If we attack its weak point, we can do massive damage
Gee, you don't say Asuna? I am sure it didn't occur at all to the other party members who has spent hundreds of hours in this game.

I couldn't miss the opportunity of being snarky...
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Dec 11, 2014 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
HunterTennouji said:
Gee, you don't say Asuna? I am sure it didn't occur at all to the other party members who has spent hundreds of hours in this game.

lol i was thinking the same,, i dont think that this was the only boss who happens to have a weak spot
Dec 12, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2007
HunterTennouji said:

I couldn't miss the opportunity of being snarky...

Detecting the weakpoint is a different case entirely. No one else noticed it was the case till now because they only fought it once before.

Asuna lived in the game for two years where NOTICING shit like that was difference between life and death.
Dec 14, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2012
even in animus america gets the boot on MMOs
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 21, 2014 4:52 AM

Apr 2014
ooooh.... Request to join guild, denied.. ouch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2013
Yuki<3
Dec 27, 2014 12:16 PM

Mar 2014
I didn't really like the GGO arc but this is much better. Clearing dungeons, fighting bosses, great animation, yeah this is my cup of tea
Dec 28, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely victory! I do wonder what happened in the ending though, let's see what's next!
Dec 28, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2013
Bomb2chest said:
affirming_flame said:

Every arc has some form of high stakes but in different ways. The series is not about high stakes or danger in the first place. This arc is perfect for showing the different ways things can matter in life besides danger.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from and I know that the series wasn't all about high stakes and danger but that is what attracted me to the series so when it is missing I find the series less enjoyable.

Dec 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Jun 2013
Kirito, Yui and Klein helped Asuna's group to get to the boss.
So as the result of cooperation and determination, they all won.
Yuuki and the others are hiding a secret.
Dec 31, 2014 5:01 AM

May 2014
What's the deal with Yuuki and her guild??
Hibiki07Dec 31, 2014 5:06 AM
Jan 1, 2015 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
Wow rude much, she just logouts lol.

So no more Sinnon? But I want Sinnon ass.

And is the end of this series just going to have filler arcs?

I expected something more canon.

Or are these stuff in the light novel as well?
Jan 8, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
bunny1ov3r said:
To be honest, I like SAO better when Kirito was more OP.
As if he wasn't OP enough LOL. He is facing off against 20 or so high/maxed ranked players and they can't take him out under three minutes.. Mages are worth shit because they all fired at him at the same time but Jesus-kun was still able to come out of it absolutely perfect. Deflecting spells.. Yeah that's not OP or anything.

Still don't understand why they let Asuna act like the leader. She has been part of their little group for such a short time yet they have no problems that she is the one calling the shots and giving them orders. This wouldn't happen in real life friend circles. You don't just let the stranger come in and absolutely t-bag your previous leader's status.

Asuna is really starting to act like a mother. Is she pregnant with Jesus-kuns baby or something? WHY did they feel the need to hold hands? WHY is the ex leader more happy to celebrate with Asuna than her guild members? WHY is Asuna so special here?

I forgot. The main character always has to be popular and loved for no legit reason. Right. Cuz that's realistic.
Jan 10, 2015 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
I actually kind of wanted to see Kirito solo all those people...

Little disappointed that Asuna only used her sword once.
Jan 17, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
That some weak raid boss there. That poor newb guild who needed 7x7 players. Have a V sign in your face. Haha..
Jan 18, 2015 12:25 PM

Oct 2012
So they did win in the end, it was pretty good ep, I guess. And part of me wanted to see those names next to each other, you know, Yuuki and Asuna.

So, are they like... long lost and separated sisters? Or rather, is Yuuki disabled, ill or something in the real world? I wonder what her mother knows about it.
Feb 2, 2015 1:21 AM

Apr 2011
The fight scene was great. Them fighting that guild and then finally the boss.

Yep, feels are coming in the last three episodes. Good thinf I already know what will happen. less feels, less depression.
MagitoFeb 7, 2015 9:51 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.