Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2014 7:21 AM

Oct 2010
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads. Example: UBW General Discussion
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.

For more information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shirou saves the day! Jk it was Seiyba.
TyrelNov 29, 2014 9:04 AM
Nov 29, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, so it looks like the training for Shiro has begun this episode. I also found Rin to be such a tsundere this time around XD

Not really much a surprise but the Shinji is revealed as the master of Rider. Also, the spell...around the school she casted is quite somethingl. Looks really nice animated thanks to ufotable. Good action this episode too imo with decent OST. Shinji looks like he's having a lot of fun..

RIP Rider.

Nov 29, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2007
Would watch again.
AhenshihaelNov 29, 2014 7:42 AM
Nov 29, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode. Rider's corpse was freaky. Shirou being badass as fuck. Rin being a mage and a tsundere. You know, the usual. Inb4 Fai complaining that it's still not correct portrayal.

5/5
Nov 29, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2013
BotatoPriest said:
Good episode. Rider's corpse was freaky. Shirou being badass as fuck. Rin being a mage and a tsundere. You know, the usual. Inb4 Fai complaining that it's still not correct portrayal.

5/5
Too late, dude.
Nov 29, 2014 7:27 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:

5/5

Either way I am not sure SHirou looked badass enough. I am sure idiots will interpret it as "omg rin shows him how its done" -__-

sigh...
Nov 29, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
That Shirou badassery, though. And the Saber summoning looked great. They ended a little earlier than I expected (thought we'd get the scene with a certain someone near the forest too). That POV, with Rider though... dayum.
The original scenes were pretty short, but good.
I lol'd at Rin's interrogation of Shinji, that was kinda funny.
And that eye thing for Riders Blood Fort was new, I think. Must be foreshadowing for her identity reveal in HF? I guess.
Looks like we'll get Kotomine next episode....wonder if we'll get that reveal or if they'll keep it more ambiguous?

But....No Eraser Scene?? 0/5, I am disappoint.

Jk 5/5
Nov 29, 2014 7:29 AM

May 2014
RIP RAIDAH

I'll have to wait for subs to give it a proper look, most of what i'm looking for was in the dialogue.

Arcording to the teaser we have confirmed rejoiceing next ep
WrongPriestNov 29, 2014 7:35 AM
Nov 29, 2014 7:29 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

5/5

Either way I am not sure SHirou looked badass enough. I am sure idiots will interpret it as "omg rin shows him how its done" -__-

sigh...

He killed a bunch of those golem things, looked like he saved Rin and was pretty cool headed throughout. How did he not look badass enough?
Though, his supah srs face was kinda weird.
Nov 29, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
CookingPriest said:

sigh...

He killed a bunch of those golem things, looked like he saved Rin and was pretty cool headed throughout. How did he not look badass enough?

He did not get a theme song.
Rin got one after telling him to move out of the way. And his moving out of the way looked silly-ish.
He ACTED badass, AND he made the right choice from VN, but there is plenty of space to misinterpret it.
Nov 29, 2014 7:31 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Rin got one after telling him to move out of the way.
He ACTED badass, AND he made the right choice from VN, but there is plenty of space to misinterpret it.
I'm sick and tired of your dumb complaints. People who hate Shirou will insist how much he sucks. Accept this and move on.
Nov 29, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Rin got one after telling him to move out of the way.
I'm sick and tired of your dumb complaints. People who hate Shirou will insist how much he sucks. Accept this and move on.

Well forgive me for wanting one of my favorite characters to be portrayed at his best>
Nov 29, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2013
Rider's neck is creepy. Anyway, I'm mad they didn't portay this better in anime.
Nov 29, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah the lack of monologues is becoming a problem.

Although SHirou's creepy face in classroom was okay.
Nov 29, 2014 7:35 AM
Nov 29, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Rin got one after telling him to move out of the way. And his moving out of the way looked silly-ish.
Fai pls.

He fought well.
Knew what he could and couldn't do, so he summoned Saber.
Remained cool-headed and didn't lose his shits (although we got a glimpse of his PTSD face).

If your complaint is he didn't get music then that's just fucking retarded. I hope you are not serious and that others seriously don't think this somehow makes Shirou not badass, despite everything he did.
Nov 29, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
fateoffate said:
Rider's neck is creepy. Anyway, I'm mad they didn't portay this better in anime.

CookingPriest said:

More than that, I don't think monologues should be used in excess, but they didn't actually portray him using two swords (sticks/chair legs/whatever) at all, which is more of a problem.
Nov 29, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
CorePriest said:

Well forgive me for wanting one of my favorite characters to be portrayed at his best>

Except Mongrels will be mongrels and you should just ignore them. We already know shirou is a badass.
Nov 29, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2009
fateoffate said:
I hope you are implying that he was using those in this part of the VN.
Nov 29, 2014 7:41 AM

Sep 2014
Muh poor Rider ;_;

You shall be remembered! *waves purple flag*
The sun is a deadly laser

Aug 2014
FakePriest said:
fateoffate said:
I hope you are implying that he was using those in this part of the VN.

He wasn't using those, but he was using two chair legs and emulating Archers style, which didn't come off here with the....was it a mop? Anyway, yeah, it wasn't quite the same.

Jul 2011
RIP Rider, you did so little and died so fast.

Aug 2009
InsertPriestHere said:
fateoffate said:

CookingPriest said:

More than that, I don't think monologues should be used in excess, but they didn't actually portray him using two swords (sticks/chair legs/whatever) at all, which is more of a problem.
I dont know why, but they decided to show that in the dojo scene.
Nov 29, 2014 7:42 AM

Sep 2013
mirakura said:
Muh poor Rider ;_;

And what a twist it was, when they found Rider dead. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
Nov 29, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
mirakura said:
Muh poor Rider ;_;

First fatality: episode 8.

Beat that Zerofags.
Nov 29, 2014 7:43 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

I am okay with this though

Becaus eit would be UNREALISTIC if he suddenly owned in dual wield without training. It makes sense to put it off for longer.
Nov 29, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
FakePriest said:

I am okay with this though

Becaus eit would be UNREALISTIC if he suddenly owned in dual wield without training. It makes sense to put it off for longer.
I actually wanted to say that but I was afraid we would get into another circlejerk about order of events/Archer's influence....
Nov 29, 2014 7:47 AM

Aug 2014
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Ah yeah. I still feel it doesn't have the same effect, though, as him actually putting said combat to use. Ah well, we'll have more of it in the future soon. They'll probably put in his thoughts before the relevant scene occurs.
Nov 29, 2014 7:47 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
FakePriest said:

Ah yeah. I still feel it doesn't have the same effect, though, as him actually putting said combat to use. Ah well, we'll have more of it in the future soon.

He still puts that style into use obviously. Just not dual wielding because he just got that idea this morning.
Nov 29, 2014 7:52 AM

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:
mirakura said:
Muh poor Rider ;_;

Beat that Zerofags.

Myahahaha~!
Nov 29, 2014 7:52 AM

Jul 2007
mirakura said:
BotatoPriest said:

Beat that Zerofags.

Myahahaha~!

Now it will be "people die way too fast int his? :<"
Nov 29, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
mirakura said:

Myahahaha~!

Now it will be "people die way too fast int his? :<"

Rider didn't get enough scenes before she died, wtf is this.
Oh, and of course;
This Rider is so shit lol, Zero servants like Rider* are so much better.
*avoiding names.
Nov 29, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2012
Muh waifu...
Nov 29, 2014 7:55 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah, she's so much worse than Zero Rider. As expected of a douchebag's Servant.
Nov 29, 2014 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
CrimsonBlack said:
Muh waifu...

Yes...that lamentation......it is delicious. /priestlife.
CorePriest said:
Yeah, she's so much worse than Zero Rider. As expected of a douchebag's Servant.

Obviously, what do you expect from a servant made up to pander to some fetish?
Nov 29, 2014 7:58 AM

Sep 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
CorePriest said:

I bet it were the little boys in Nasu and Takeuchi's sexist heads, that made them design her like that.
Nov 29, 2014 7:58 AM

Nov 2013
InsertPriestHere said:

Rider didn't get enough scenes before she died, wtf is this.
Oh, and of course;
This Rider is so shit lol, Zero servants like Rider* are so much better.
*avoiding names.
Idk man. First line

We may not have a cool Rider here, but he have a fucking cool as hell Assassin. Can't say the same for Zero :[
Nov 29, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

I bet it were the little boys in Nasu and Takeuchi's sexist heads, that made them design her like that.

ANN review will be full of talk of how "ufotable could not stop the sexism and misogyny of nasu"
Nov 29, 2014 8:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Badass Shirou was Badass 10/5

R.I.P My beautiful Rider TwT (That scene was fucked up lol)

CookingPriest said:
CorePriest said:

ANN review will be full of talk of how "ufotable could not stop the sexism and misogyny of nasu"
ANN are like SeventhStyle. One does not simply take their "reviews" seriously
TyrelNov 29, 2014 9:05 AM
Nov 29, 2014 8:13 AM
Sep 2012
Hyack said:
Pffft, it was clearly Caster who saved the school filled with kids.
Nov 29, 2014 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
notJune said:
Hyack said:
Yeah, she's a heroine. I absolutely agree.
Nov 29, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 2009
That guy's face when he realized that Rin was waiting for Shirou...XD
Nov 29, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
notJune said:
Hyack said:

Nah, it was whoever killed Rider.
Nov 29, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Ufo should rework on some of the golem cg.Especially their swords.
Nov 29, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
That guy's face when he realized that Rin was waiting for Shirou...XD

RIN's FACE(S) THO.

10 out of 10. Key would complain again.

FakePriest said:
Ufo should rework on some of the golem cg.Especially their swords.

that's what BDs are for.
Nov 29, 2014 8:18 AM

May 2014
That Orbital Saber drop.

Reinforcement's inbound. Once again Saber stealing the show XD
Nov 29, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
Saber;
-Boobs to big....
-Dat act is finally animated, myahaha, all the glory =3

My Rider fagging stopped me from experiencing true glory ~.~
Nov 29, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2013
Jesus christ, that whole scene with Rider's rolling head was sick. Poor Raida.

Shirou being a badass through the whole episode was great, though it did kinda worry me that they didn't show him dual wielding chair legs. But just like they did with the dream sequence, they're most likely saving his dual wielding put in actual combat for later.

Also, they're really emphasizing Rin's tsundere act, aren't they.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Nov 29, 2014 8:33 AM
Sep 2012
Noruhma said:
Also, they're really emphasizing Rin's tsundere act, aren't they.
They need to pander to filthy otaku to sell more BDs.
Nov 29, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2011

This is way funnier than it should be.

Also, the new piece reminds me too much of

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.