Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2011 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
god lot's of people saying it sucks... well just drop it then and GTFO!

i loved SnS from start to finish (of SnS S) and now i'm even more in love with it, haters are gonna hate...
me? i'm gonna watch it to the end and give it a 10 :) (pretty sure it's going to be a 10)
Dec 11, 2011 8:49 PM

Jun 2010
Well, Bal Masque looks like it's going to be screwed over by the Flame Hazes.
Well, until Snake of the Festival Yuji comes out of the portal. Then Bal Masque will go back to curb-stomping flame hazes.
Dec 12, 2011 11:59 AM

Jun 2011
What an episode, what a show :p. Can't get enough of it
Dec 12, 2011 1:23 PM

Mar 2009
I like the action of this season, and how the teeny romance has almost vanished in comparison to the previous seasons.

That bad guy, Decarabia seems like a very powerful foe. I hope the studio doesn't disappoint me with the fights against him and/or how he fights them.
Dec 12, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm, has there ever been a more useless King of Guze?
Dec 12, 2011 2:54 PM

May 2011
This was fucking epic and it gets better every episode.

Shana has finally discovered her true power, damn she is so awesome. Looks like she and the other 3 will be going after the gate and Yuji next.

I wonder what Decarabia's power is, he must be strong if he's the commander of the army though. I also wonder what Sophie's power is with the huge amount of respect that she gets. Oh man full blown battle is coming soon.
Dec 12, 2011 8:07 PM
Aug 2011
Haha. He`ll change the world. It`s started!
Ave Aizen, morituri te salutant!
Dec 13, 2011 3:38 AM

May 2010
This just keeps hetting better and better!

Khamsin: RAWKET PAWNCH!!!

Shana: Hax Sign "Burn Everything"!
Dec 13, 2011 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust. We all return to the earth one day, dead, cold, rotten, and self-less.
Why fight? Why struggle? Yuji sees this and seeks a way to end fighting, AND to live forever. Shana on the other hand sees the warmth and love that one should value BECAUSE life ends eventually. Boy, I really don't know which side I root for. So VERY SOCRATIC.

PS. the flame haze air-drop reminds me of the upcoming game Starhawk. LOL
Hello :D
Dec 14, 2011 12:46 AM

Oct 2011
The ED theme I'll Believe blends perfectly to the eye pleasing awesomeness everytime something similar to this happened (It Started with Khamsin destroying an area like a frustrated mad kid) and Shana's just fabulous, if she could only wear her "Dalian" esque dress from Episode 7
Dec 15, 2011 5:34 AM

Nov 2009
bonifide said:
I just know i hate Shana and the flame haze side. I hope Yuji comes back ASAP and rape them all.

Yeah the way the Lion dude died was bullshit. I know the silly flame haze side better have some heavy causalities. I hope that lil fake nun lady dies.

Im so evil. LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to favour Bal Masque over the Flame Hazes. I'm finding them VERY hard to sympathise with and dont really care for any of them it seems.

Bal Masque on the other hand has Hecate, Sydonay and Yuji kicking ancient Flame Haze ass. Not only that, Yuji is doing it all to change the fate of Flame Hazes and the world itself...it's the Flame Haze's fear of change that is causing the whole conflict in this regard.

So yes, if it came down to a final battle between Shana and Yuji, Yuji all the way. For Great Justice!! =)
Dec 15, 2011 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
Oh yeah, Shana is still in this show.
Dec 15, 2011 6:13 PM

Sep 2008
The flame haze are trying to stop Yuuji because it's not guaranteed that everything will go right if his plan succeeds. It could destroy the balance of the world.
Dec 15, 2011 6:20 PM
Dec 2007
Kimberly said:
The flame haze are trying to stop Yuuji because it's not guaranteed that everything will go right if his plan succeeds. It could destroy the balance of the world.
A balance that serves nobody. Basically the Flame Hazes just want to perpetuate the battle between the Denizens of Guze and the Flame Hazes eternally without really caring the sacrifices needed to keep the balance. The Kings and Gods inhabit humans and use them until their bodies are exhausted then move on to a new host "Flame Haze", and they don't care how many humans are erased from existence so long as the number is kept small and they may even get some humans involve just to lure enemies out. I dare say the "good guys" are really no better than the antagonists.
Leon-GunDec 15, 2011 6:24 PM

Dec 15, 2011 11:44 PM
Feb 2011
Sugar_Cookie said:
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot and, as for the nameless, insignificant characters, I believe their purpose it to be just that. Pointless characters whose purpose is to die, building up to the real fight between the real important characters.

The Bal Masque:

The Flame Hazes:

The only significant and noteworthy characters. Any other that appeared are just background characters.
Dark_PrideDec 15, 2011 11:50 PM
Dec 22, 2011 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
This episode is certainly a turning point for the war. The tide of war has turned in favor of the Flame Haze, and the Tomogara armies must retreat to defend or face total defeat. Of course, their retreat also frees the defending Flame Haze on both East and West for the possibility of pursuing the enemy and arriving as reinforcements for the Flame Haze army now assembled at the very doorstep of Seirei-den.

Shana once again proves why she's the strongest Flame Haze out there. She turned that camel Tomogara into shawarma without too much trouble. I wonder how Bal Masque's leadership will react to this crisis?
Jan 6, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2008
Lots of pointless filler dialogue everywhere as usual.

At least they managed to keep the action going almost the entire time. Show is definitely getting better.
Mar 20, 2012 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
The ending made this episode all so worth it.
Jun 17, 2012 12:56 PM

Jul 2007
OH man this episode was intense. So much action in this season. All of those people that dropped from the planes where all flame haze?? Damn Sophia's army is huge. I think the flame haze clearly have the upper hand in this battle.

THat last battle with shana was fcking awesome, she finally learning how to truly control the power of alastar and releaced some new spell that just obliterated that tomagara in one fell swoop. Now finally shana is ruinited with Wilhemina, and the rest of the gang. SO the search for yuji continues, meanwhile Sophie is going to create an all out assault against the flame haze.

I can't believe the battles in this season, they are so more intense then in previous seasons by far and this is only episode 10. I feel like im watching like the last few episodes of both season 1 and 2 with the amount of intense action.

It is definitively a HUGE change thats for sure.

Fecor is in trouble now.
ArtimesGamerJun 17, 2012 1:02 PM

Aug 13, 2012 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
As much as I love Shana and it's good to see her kick ass, I want Yuji to rape them all when he's back.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Feb 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2012
opiumJ said:
As much as I love Shana and it's good to see her kick ass, I want Yuji to rape them all when he's back.

wherd.
Mar 20, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
Demigodrickli said:
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust. We all return to the earth one day, dead, cold, rotten, and self-less.
Why fight? Why struggle? Yuji sees this and seeks a way to end fighting, AND to live forever. Shana on the other hand sees the warmth and love that one should value BECAUSE life ends eventually. Boy, I really don't know which side I root for. So VERY SOCRATIC.

PS. the flame haze air-drop reminds me of the upcoming game Starhawk. LOL

well shana is like this religious fools who rise'd her, sees only black & white, cause they taught her that grimson lords/monster side are evil & they are good monster hunters, & never considers that this teachings mite be wrong!!! that's why war is inevitable, cause they wold never listen to grimson lords/monster side

metaphor: Devil/Lucifer mite be nicer then the old story's say & maybe hes not Devil at all!!! u never know!!! u cant believe old story's made up by ancient people, u need to see it urself, what is truth & what is not!!!
Sugram22Sep 28, 2017 5:30 AM
Mar 20, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
i bet in next EP Margery wakes up :), well the end of this EP hints that
Aug 13, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2013
Did they just Destroy Bal Masque that was a little to easy even if yuji and the other 3 wasn't there

i thought that camel dude was going to be strong like that lion dude
Dec 6, 2013 6:12 AM
Mar 2013
Sophie = What Index will grow up to be in Toaru Majutsu no Index XD

No but seriously, I hope Index doesn't turn out like that! It'd be better if she turned out like Touma's mother!

Yet again I find another cop-out death. First Fecor and now this lion dude. Meanwhile Flame Haze have no notable casualties so far.

It seems to one-sided but it's war so it's still interesting xP

And did I mention I love the ED? It goes so well with the action in the foreground!

Anyway, onto the next episode!
Dec 24, 2013 8:10 PM

Mar 2012
Get on with the plot already. And seriously rooting for the tomogara side now.
Why is Shana trying so hard to get out...
Only way for me to be satisfied is for Yuji to just kill all the flame haze there, especially the nun commander. Maybe leave Shana to live.
Feb 11, 2014 2:38 AM

Jan 2013
This was the best episode so far. It was purely awesome!
Apr 6, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Yay, finally Shana owning some mothafucka :D
Seeing that Lord so full of despair was satisfying :3

Well, Rebecca sure know how to be opportunist xD
1 second later and it was over.

The defense of the Seireiden sucked so much that I really wonder what is Decerabia joker card. I mean, he can't have planned nothing but that shitty defense. There only that Guze Lord who was so bad, that lion that wasn't that powerful either and some Rinne. There was also Fecor, but he got beaten so fast that I don't even count him in. Decarabia must had a plan B in case everything would turn into shit.

That entry from the Flame Hazes army was so cool. As a studient in aeronautical, I would like so much to see a scene like this where airliner fly in circle xD

Now, what will they do with that gate? What would be the most beneficial for the Flame Hazes would be to destroy it so the Trinity and the Snake of Festival would be trapped in there along with the professor, Sabrac and the other dude that I don't know his name. But Shana sure won't agree with that, neither will the others from Wilhermina group I guess. Though, the nun group are in a numerical superiority against Wilhermina group. My guess is that they will destroy the gat, Shana will be emotionally wrecked but Yuuji/Snake will somehow find a way to get their way back with the power of his original body.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 5, 2014 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
Let's all be honest here. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the badly adapted info dump, the 20 characters/episode new character introduction, nor the often random plot advancement, we are just want to see Shana being a badass with her sword.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 14, 2014 3:41 PM

Dec 2013
Shes such a beast
Sep 28, 2014 9:22 PM

Jul 2014
Love Shana's new confidence and strength. This is getting good
Oct 23, 2014 10:54 PM

Jan 2008
Seirei-den dudes need more budget. They look horrible.
Nov 28, 2014 11:29 PM
May 2011
eh this was just poor writing

makes no logical sense to send the majoirty of your forces to fight all around the world when the most important thing you need to protect is where you were to begin with.

If they all stayed in one place and defended the giant hole in the sky even without yuji and the others they'd still stomp.

Also shana random powerup was lame.

Come back and stomp her again with 1 finger yuji.
Jun 14, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
The action starts to keep up with the rest, it's still not completely there yet. Wilhelmina and Shana are reunited :)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2018 2:25 AM

Dec 2016
Awsome episodes, though 'm uncomfortable with Yuuji's state, compared to previous seasons S3 really stepped up the epicness (though I didn't mind the slice of life / romance of earlier series either, still)

Love the intertwining of the ED music with action, the unexpected mass aerial drop, Shana transformations, havoc in enemy base.

Glad to see even side-characters being able to pull off some good stuff.

Tylerr said:
makes no logical sense to send the majoirty of your forces to fight all around the world when the most important thing you need to protect is where you were to begin with.

If they all stayed in one place and defended the giant hole in the sky even without yuji and the others they'd still stomp.

Also shana random powerup was lame.

I don't think they initally expected anyone to be able to get in the city, think they mentioned something along those lines. Also if the fighting really came to the city, being waged besides the open portal might have been deemed dangerous, FHs may just have scored an opportune shot using some unexpected tactic and ruin it. So the strategy was to pin them down throughout the world and only leave a group denizens focused on defense such as Fecor as a guard.

That said, the eel commander should have pulled back the forces sooner, seeing things have changed.

I agree on the random power-up, well it's the common "I ascend to super power mode by accepting/believing in myself" trope (whatever it is commonly called) in anime ... or fiction in general
Mar 30, 2019 5:40 PM

Oct 2012
Another stream of endless battles with throw-away villains, it's getting really tiresome.. *sigh*

And while I liked some parts of Shana's determination, the way she got the powers just by the sheer will (again) without any contact with Alastor was just annoying. Her hurr-durr tactic was just desperate writer's attempt to move plot forward (and let's not forget the horrible overbearing twist with Yuuji becoming villain, that was never really explained in any meaningful way). Not to mention Yuuji is totally okay with any means necessary approach - what does that say about his character?

Well, while I couldn't care less about those battle in the seirei-den, now its landing next to flame-hazes castle at least shifted a gears a bit. I intentionally avoid their awful tactic of flying above them with tons of planes (which they could easily shoot down) as I don't really want to make this plot look any more ridiculous...

Here I hope the final fight would be the next episode and that things will cool down a little bit, back to original Shana plot where character developement mattered and where power-creep wasn't so insane.
Honestly, I don't care at all about those new characters and just want old ones back. Be it Margery, Yoshida, Sakai's mother (don't forget her child) or Ogata and Ike. Heck, there is even Pheles to remember.
Jun 21, 2019 1:27 AM

Sep 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Kimberly said:
A balance that serves nobody. Basically the Flame Hazes just want to perpetuate the battle between the Denizens of Guze and the Flame Hazes eternally without really caring the sacrifices needed to keep the balance. The Kings and Gods inhabit humans and use them until their bodies are exhausted then move on to a new host "Flame Haze", and they don't care how many humans are erased from existence so long as the number is kept small and they may even get some humans involve just to lure enemies out. I dare say the "good guys" are really no better than the antagonists.

this

+1

thats one reason i am on hes side
Nov 23, 2020 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
The spiral organ guy's motives are still unknown but he doesn't side with either party. So he actually ended up helping Wilhelmina. I can't guess his motives but I have feeling that he may eventually become a villain.

Shana got a much needed power-up. Seirei Den is pretty much destroyed now. I am expecting Shana and the others to chase after Seirei no Hebi into the portal soon.
Feb 16, 2022 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
That's unexpected. So, Yuuji is still there. I really thought the Creator God has dominated his personality at this point. Interesting. Maybe they should allow him to enact the change. There's always a chance that it can lead into something good.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.