Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome, Yuu gets screen time this episode. I really like the intensity of her eyes. It doesn't surprise me that girls flock over her again like usual..

The manga the guys were creating was kinda silly again. Anime adaptation when?
Still, I thought Yuu's princely clothing was fancy. It fits her too in a way.
Aug 24, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
That trap discovering shoujo manga by Nozaki-kun by accident. And him asking those two involving with the manga without realizing about it. Role switch?

Confusion when helping out with manga production. Nozaki-kun cannot draw scenery? Visually weird... Various way to fix: photography. lol @ boxes. lol @ that trap. Cursed by being carried by her as a horse??

His reaction when he realized that the trap was a she...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 24, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is awesome.

Aug 24, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
Kashima bought a copy of Nozaki's manga. She even thought of it as High School Boy's bible.

The exchange of sweet lines between Mikorin and Kashima was good. Mikorin ended up blushing.

Nozaki learning how to draw backgrounds. Good thing there's a Nozaki and Sakura scene today.

Bull Mask and Boxes lol. Hori appreciated what Kashima did.

Preview for next ep is good. Looks like there will be more scene for Sakura. The sailor uniform will appear again.
MizeteoAug 24, 2014 1:01 PM
Aug 24, 2014 12:49 PM
Jan 2014
Even Mikorin blushes at Kashima ocasionally.

That was quite the hit from Kashima's bag, it ended up exposing his manga volume.

Taking photos to make backgrounds more representable was a good idea. Chiyo is just way too short for Nozaki.

Hori's surprised face when he found out Kashima was actually female was priceless.

Kashima ended up scoring a lot of girls at the end again.

Stark700 said:
This anime is awesome.

This scene was beyond words.
Aug 24, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
Hori and Kashima are the best together.
Aug 24, 2014 12:56 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
-Resident- said:
Taking photos to make backgrounds more representable was a good idea. Chiyo is just way too short for Nozaki.
It will making standard 'romance' things such as sharing an umbrella a bit...awkward...

That reminds me, I wanted to get some boxes.
Aug 24, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
Hori and Kashima episode, f yeah!
Aug 24, 2014 1:01 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, but it needs more boxes.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Aug 24, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
Hilarious as usual XD

Kashima's reaction to Hori and Mikorin reading "Let's Fall in Love" and how detailed they care about it bookmarking and memorizing was so lol XD

Then asking Nozaki what he thought about reading it while he's the writer and her "That much complexity O_o?" XD Hilarious XD

The Portable Boxes in the 2nd half were soo friggin HILARIOUS XD

And Hori getting Box trauma XD

Princess Carry turning to HorseBull rodeo was so priceless XD

Nxt ep will have the raining part! One of my fav chaps in the manga >.<
Aug 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
Never.Trust.Boxes, they will only ruin your life.
Apparently Hori wants to be a Heroin... at least that's what Kashima thinks, so she made a rodeo, well that was fun.
Aug 24, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
Hori and Kashima are just so cute together. Great episode again.
Aug 24, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
This anime is awesome.

haha that was my favorite scene! the boxes were funny too. I absolutely love this anime, never fails to make me laugh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
Out of all the character relationships i have seen in anime Kashima and Hori is the strangest and yet most original i have ever seen. those two are a riot and are practically made for each other. lol my god, i just don't understand Kashima way of thinking. she acts like a guy and flirts with women but enjoys being with Hori and yet she wants him to be in the feminine roll. I gotta give props to the creator.
Aug 24, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Nice to see more of Kashima, She's hilarious.
Aug 24, 2014 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Another hilarious episode.
Those boxes and background descriptions were funny. As was...pretty much everything. The rodeo and the Kashima's response to Mikorin's act.
Aug 24, 2014 1:28 PM
Aug 2014
man this show is like treasure in dessert land (too many good actions in this summer)
lol so much when mikorin blushing, dat random box lmao
and first time hori noticed kawashima is a girl haha
10/10
Aug 24, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
I am so crying from laughter when watching this.

Mikorin best girl, Kashima and Hori are great together, the rodeo scene was simply hilarious, the box and the background scenes were very fun, Kashima leaving girl clothes into Hori's locker was awesome as well. All the other scenes that I did not mention were really good as well. Every second of this anime series is entertaining and so, so much fun.

5/5 for the episode, 8-9/10 for the whole thing till now. Can hardly wait for the next episode.
Aug 24, 2014 1:39 PM
Nov 2010
Man I really love Chiyo voice. I would say so far the voice actor has done a damn good job as her first time being a main character and I really hope this anime helps getting her many more roles
Aug 24, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Kashima misunderstood that Hiro's desire to play the role of princess was hilarious!

Nozaki tried to solve the problem about the characters' positions with boxes was full of lols.

Lol @ that part where Kashima wore the bull mask and carried Hiro on her back.
Aug 24, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Boxes here and there, whenever, whatever...
An episode focused on Hori and Kawashima, really what was needed.
The anime does a great thing by focusing on X character at every new episode.
Aug 24, 2014 1:53 PM
Sep 2013
Stark700 said:
This anime is awesome.

That scene. And Hori asking Nozaki to write a story about a prince changed into a bull. XD

That and the boxes, this show sure knows how to make you laugh.
Aug 24, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2009
LOL @ the boxes XD and also the explanation "lately, boxes are really popular" LOL XD
the bull rodeo scene was hilarious too !! XD

and did Nozaki forget that his editor is now ken-san and not maeno-san anymore? haha.

"A man is not his length or his speed. It is how many rounds he can fight." - Gintama
Aug 24, 2014 2:06 PM
Oct 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
lol my god, i just don't understand Kashima way of thinking. she acts like a guy and flirts with women but enjoys being with Hori and yet she wants him to be in the feminine roll. I gotta give props to the creator.

That I think is the genius of this show, all the characters have opposing gender traits, but they never stop being their actual gender.

So Kashima is the ultimate "prince" even though she is a complete woman.
Mikorin is the ultimate "princess", even though he tries to act like a prince.
Hori can appreciate good female clothing coordination but remains masculine, even though he plays the princess to Kashima's prince.
Nozaki is the "cool beauty" who actually has the soul of a maiden.

And Sakura, poor Sakura, is the most steady, responsible, and level headed of the bunch. If this was a traditional story, she would make a good father figure.

Overall another great episode. Show always has a dozen or so laughs. That is extremely hard to do for so many episodes.
Aug 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
This anime is awesome.

My favorite scene! :D
Aug 24, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2008
Awww bless - gotta admit Kashima is so dedicated to Hori senpai - trying her best with hilarious misunderstandings and results ^^;

Yup, boxes were really popular back when I was at school too (*^^)v
Aug 24, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
LMAO, them boxes and bull scene.So brilliant.
Aug 24, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
Kashima and Hori moments are so cute! These two should just get together already! >///<

LOL! Wooden boxes FTW!!!
Aug 24, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
This was so funny the scene with the bull head i could not stop laughing it was really great.
And all those misunderstandings from Kishima where great especially the parts where she thought Hori wanted to be treated as a girl.
And those scenes in his locked where also great.
Not to mention the wooden boxes.
Aug 24, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
Oh my god, so freaking funny. I just pound my desk so many times, and my face and ribs can't take it anymore. Those random boxes and that rodeo bull right, damn I can't stop laughing. Kashima and Hori just made this episode pure gold XD.

Now if this keeps this up and break my ribs, then this will probably get a 10/10 for the entire series :D.

Aug 24, 2014 2:41 PM

Aug 2014
I want to watch this week's episode now, but my idiot housemate is taking over all the fucking Internet. I'll have to wait untill this freaking wheight-lifting french moron goes to fucking sleep if I want the episode to load.

FML
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Aug 24, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
HAhahahha I just loved this lol

The boxes and the rodeo were really too hilarious

It seems Hori was just a bit moved by the bull prince? lol
Aug 24, 2014 2:49 PM

May 2014
This episode had me in hysterical laughter X'D

[Spoiler]

Aug 24, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
lmao hahaha this episode was great
loved how he kept adding boxes to everything
hahaha next story about a prince that turns into a bull
great episode lots of laughs
[/quote]
Aug 24, 2014 3:10 PM
Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
This anime is awesome.

The best
Aug 24, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
The whole bull thing was absolutely hilarious, great episode as always
Aug 24, 2014 3:29 PM
Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
This anime is awesome.

I couldn't stop laughing. My eyes teared up from laughing so much.
Aug 24, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
I loved the hilarious misunderstanding in this episode and honestly, I would totally pick up a manga if there were random boxes in the panel XD

Aug 24, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
Too epic.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Aug 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
Oh god, that was freaking hilarious. I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left T_T
Aug 24, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2014
Yngvar_VI said:
I want to watch this week's episode now, but my idiot housemate is taking over all the fucking Internet. I'll have to wait untill this freaking wheight-lifting french moron goes to fucking sleep if I want the episode to load.

FML

He finally went to bed...

Anyway, I Loved this episode, Hilarious!!
I really missed Kashima this last episodes, she's one of my favourites!

This moment was jut Epic...

Oh, and I thank this episode for reminding me that I need a new box for the entering school year.
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Aug 24, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
The boxes - lmao. Nozaki always takes the easiest way.
Then the bull.
Hilarious ep.
Aug 24, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
Lmaoo this anime is one of the funniest to come out in a long time. Who knew boxes could be so funnny lol
Aug 24, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2007
Just what kind of misunderstanding is that????????? Hilarious.

Kashima x Hori yep yep

Also, I'm starting to be a bit annoyed by Nozaki. I already knew his personality but this episode really highlighted the worst parts of him. It wouldn't be fair to real artists to call Nozaki one. He doesn't even try to get better. The only thing he's good at is making shoujo manga and...that's it. It's funny yea...but meh. Sort of rubbed me the wrong way this time around. Poor Hori.
Aug 24, 2014 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
Lol wat? That was so random haha
Aug 24, 2014 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
You just have to hope that Kashima and Hori eventually grab a clue about the fact that they actually like each other and take it from there. Of course their current situation is absolutely priceless in terms of the comic potential so I guess that won't happen for quite some time.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 24, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
Some parts of this episode made me laugh so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes! I have no words to describe this anime, really, because "ridiculous" and "funny" just don't really compose the entirety of it. Well, I express no regrets about watching this- though initially, I didn't really want to try it because it seemed like a cheesy shoujo. In a way, I guess it's a bit cheesy, but it's also one of the most humorous anime I've watched and I really can relate to a lot of it because I draw quite a bit.

Ah, speaking of shoujo! Should this be classified as a shoujo or shounen? For me, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun dances between the line that defines the two genres. It's definitely not shoujo, but I can't really say it also can be attributed to shounen, since the shounen I've seen so far are more concentrated on action, not drawing manga. Perhaps, like anime such as Barakamon [ also about art ], it shouldn't be classified in either. Just because there's shoujo manga in the anime, it isn't a shoujo, and just because it's not shoujo doesn't mean it's shounen. Indeed, I think at many times it pokes fun at both shoujo and shounen.

I don't personally know how accurate of a portrayal this anime is in terms of the manga-creating process. Before watching this, I had always assumed that the entirety of the manga was completed by probably one person, and maybe two more people to ink, shade, and, if necessary, colour. But Gekkan Shoujo shows that it's a long and arduous process that requires the help of many talented individuals who will inevitably come into conflict with each other, every now and then, about the content of the manga they are producing. GSNK portrays it in a lighthearted, humorous way, but I imagine that it must be quite a frustrating process to create the "male high school student Bible".

I mean, all that about "faking backgrounds" is something that I know very well, as a person who focuses mainly on character drawings and considers backgrounds to be a secondary element in the drawing. It's so easy just to put a screentone and a simple gradient, but it really is much more impressive when you put effort into a background, even though a reader would probably take little notice of it. The background sets the scene; it's something that enters the subconscious and doesn't really come into acute notice unless it's out of place. Though I'll admit, it's much easier just to put a plain colour instead of drawing many trees and such. There are plenty of tutorials online on how to fake a good background, giving the illusion of having a complicated scene while in fact it took about fifteen minutes and a few brush strokes.

Lastly, is Kashima viewed by most to be a girl or a boy? And what does she view herself as? It's clear that everyone knows she is a girl, but maybe she considers herself to be a boy? On the other hand, she could be like one of my friends, who simply enjoys acting out the part of the lead male in most plays. Either way, it's not a matter of pertinence and I figure, Kashima can be whoever she wants to be.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 24, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2012
The misunderstandings are real!!
Aug 24, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu is just awesome
Aug 24, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2014
BOXES BOXES BOXES BOOOXES!!!!.......and crazy cows xD hahaha
(only are missing tanukis), like Seo, Kashima is good making crazy to
the poor of Hori with her randomness xD

now wait next week for some Sakura action :U
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JUMP-Senshi - Sep 21, 2014

509 by Stratocaslyn »»
Apr 16, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

199 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 26, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

186 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

154 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

150 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 24, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.