Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2008 3:17 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, was it just me or was the ending a let down? I mean I was expecting more from a show like this. It seemed like the ending was kind of half hearted.

On a side note, who did she end up marrying?
Mar 26, 2008 3:43 PM

Mar 2007
As far as I know... it was just some random guy.

Well... it was unnexpected (at least for me). I was expecting something like... years later she would be modeling overseas and by chance met George again and they'll get back together... or just be friends.

I wouldn't say it was a let down. It was refreshing to see a show that doesn't try a spectacular ending... either very happy or very sad. It was realistic.
Mar 26, 2008 5:30 PM
Jan 2008

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
TenshoDec 29, 2015 5:48 AM
Apr 5, 2008 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
well ..
the ending was neutral ..
was not surprised at all ..
i suppose i didnt got too attached to characters anyway, because i kinda dislike all that fashion and model part .. plus towards anime ending episodes, george started wearing woman dress like accessories ... looked weird .. oh well, pop culture ..
*3/5*

Apr 25, 2008 4:26 PM

Apr 2008
Firemonkey5 said:
It was one of the more realistic, I guess it was bitter sweet... Now that I think about it, both this and the Honey and Clover endings are really similar.

Totally agree with you. I watched Honey and Clover just before these series and I was like - what the hell?! Why can't it be a happy ending at least for some of the characters, why it all has to be so heartbreakingly sad? Isn't the real life sad enough without having to see it in a series as well?! ........
Jun 28, 2008 11:24 AM

Mar 2007
well yeah its more realistic, they all parted ways and to reinforce that is by showing Yukari moving on and marrying someone else, and George becoming successful. I kinda thought she was gonna try to open a ParaKiss line officially but i guess alot of ppl would disagree with that road. It was a bittersweet ending but works perfectly.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 26, 2008 2:18 AM

Aug 2008
For me it was really sad in the end. : <
Yukari loved George so why she marry Tokumori?!
George loved her , he gaved her his dresses ...

why? I ask why?
When I saw caption '10 years later' i hope that Yukari married George.
but well... it doesn't happen.

Aug 26, 2008 2:22 AM

Sep 2007
The ending was a surprise for me, but I guess it's "real". ^_^
Sep 20, 2008 9:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
very realistic ending...

I would consider this a good ending!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 23, 2008 8:58 PM

Jun 2007
episode felt rushed, a lot of things happening...
I hope Arashi&Miwako are still together, though D:
yukari looked best at the begining of the ep (wearing red), filming the comercial and specially in that picture with george.
>.> part of me wishes that they didnt show the "after 10 years" part, but then again, if they didnt, I would want one xD
Firemonkey5 said:
It was one of the more realistic, I guess it was bitter sweet... Now that I think about it, both this and the Honey and Clover endings are really similar.
Sep 24, 2008 6:45 PM
Jan 2008
It's been some time since I've even thought about this show. Your right about the part of the ending feeling rushed.
Oct 1, 2008 2:21 AM

Sep 2008
I personally don't think George loved Yukari as much as Tokumori did and where as the ending for me was still a let down because I wanted to see George in it more... I also didn't see George as a man who settles down with a woman...

He is the type of person who would probably just have a bunch of relationships and never marry...

Sure George gave Yukari the dresses and perhaps apart of himself being that those dresses were his babies he created...

So she was influential and someone whom he shared something with... but George hmm George is George and he wouldn't like a Yukari who would go with him just to be with him.... he doesn't like women who are followers...

She was in love with Tokumori first off anyways with well the picture taking and stuff...

so I found it plausible that she would be with him.... I think George changed Yukari and Yukari somehow changed George a bit too..

Oct 13, 2008 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
I was kind of shocked, she haven't changed at all, with her mysterious eyes and that melancholic look, I think she made the right decision. He was't meant for her I guess.
Although we're not really sure, whether she regret not beeing with him. He will last in her memories for ever, that's for sure.
Nov 14, 2008 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
The ending made me sad, but it was realistic and to be honest, as much as we all wanted it - could we really see Yukari and George all settled down and getting married? Agreeing with 'pfft', I don't think George is that type, but I do think that he still loves her...
Dec 6, 2008 4:32 AM
Nov 2008
The ending was different to most other romance animes. As for the fact that it is more realistic, sure but, THIS IS AN ANIME! I don't want Yukari to marry some other random guy!!! I wanted them to end up togethe!!!!! :(

Yukari was definately serious about George, but I am still not sure whether George was. He's hard to read. He seems like a bit of a playboy if you ask me.
Dec 6, 2008 7:07 AM

Nov 2008
At some places the art looks really bad and i hate how short they cut yukari's fringe. i liked the ending, but i had hoped that George and Yukari would somehow end up together.
Dec 9, 2008 8:01 AM

May 2008
Arght. It wasn't the end which I expected for such great series. I was so sure that they'll be together with George! They were perfect pairing. They just HAD to be together. It's not fair.

And this episode was kind of boring - especially the beginning.

I wanted to give 9 for the score but now I think taht it'd be 8 =_= I hoped that the end will be amazing and there - nothing T_T
Dec 16, 2008 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
Ah, I had to go to the manga to verify whom Yukari was going to marry. Seeing the answer, this is probably the most realistic ending for an anime that i've seen in a while. Although not as satisfying as I'd like, I found it refreshing.

Besides, as much as she was infatuated with George, I didn't think he really loved her (or anyone) so it'd be forced if they ended up together. Even if they had, I'd assume divorce in 5 years.

For anyone wanting more details regarding the ending, I suggest reading the last few pages of the manga since it explains a tiny bit more. It gave me slightly better closure.
Jan 31, 2009 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
realistic..but thats what makes it so upsetting...
and i guess they could have done it a tad better, i thought throughout the anime it had so much potential, but then it just failed in the drama aspect of it all.
overall: 6.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2009 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
and i guess they could have done it a tad better, i thought throughout the anime it had so much potential, but then it just failed in the drama aspect of it all.

same here.. T_T
a bit depressed because of that stupid ending.. oh well, that's life.. You can't get all the things you like.. A nice realistic anime..
But screw them for making me sad..
... =_=

May 24, 2009 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
Ok - until I was able to confirm that the person she married was actually Tokumori I was kind of depressed a bit. I liked George x Yukari and I would have been super stoked to find that the two of them got back together after his time in Paris and she became his muse.

BUT - I also really liked Tokumori and when the majority of George's actions would end up being totally self serving, Tokumori's interactions with Yukari were always about making sure she was being true to herself. Finding out that Yukari ended up with Tokumori made me like this ending 100x more than if she ended up with some random dude.

Anyone know if the manga fills in the "Ten Years" gap? Or does it skip to the end like the anime?
Jul 5, 2009 10:13 PM

Jul 2008
Firemonkey5 said:

Maybe in some ways, but I don't think they even compare when it comes to sadness. The Paradise Kiss ending is sad, the Honey & Clovers Season 2 ending is totally heartbreaking
Forever Fornever
Aug 9, 2009 5:42 AM

Nov 2008
Hmmm...

I don't like the ending they could make it a lot better..

I really like George for Yukari..
Aug 15, 2009 7:40 PM
Jan 2009
God, everyone here is all weepy since Georgie left. But he was a major ass and didn't treat Yukari fairly. Just because his mother bothers him doesn't mean he has to treat all women like they're objects. Seriously. Admittedly she had a bad attitude sometimes, but she worked so hard not to be a bother and annoying.

Btw, she married Tokomuri. It was in the manga.
Sep 18, 2009 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
ChibiLuffy said:
Just because his mother bothers him doesn't mean he has to treat all women like they're objects

nah he didnt. he really loved Yukari :/
George would forever hold a special place in Yukari's heart or else
why would she wear the dress(most probably the blue one) by George when shes getting married to Tokumori. She said 'thats the one that makes me look the best'.. does that mean that George is the most important person in her life .. ?

Sep 27, 2009 12:12 PM
Jul 2008
eh, i didn't feel like George and Yukari made a good pair anyways.
I didn't feel like he loved her, but more so she was someone to pass time with.
Kinda.
Nov 13, 2009 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
Bittersweet, thats what it comes to my mind to describe the ending, sure it was heartbreaking but not everything is all about a spectacular finale. It was pretty enjoyable so i'll give it a 8, maybe i'll change to 9 later, who knows.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 22, 2009 10:40 AM

Apr 2008
ChibiLuffy said:
God, everyone here is all weepy since Georgie left. But he was a major ass and didn't treat Yukari fairly. Just because his mother bothers him doesn't mean he has to treat all women like they're objects. Seriously. Admittedly she had a bad attitude sometimes, but she worked so hard not to be a bother and annoying.

Btw, she married Tokumori. It was in the manga.

QFT. I really don't know why fans of this series tend to 'ship two of the most toxic pairings in this series: George/Yukari and Arashi/Miwako. Maybe fans of shoujo manga have become too used to pairings where the guy is an asshole. I was glad that she went along with Tokumori, to be honest.

Not happy about Arashi/Miwako, obviously. Especially because of how controlling he is. Not to mention that in the manga...

True love. True love, indeed.
frogurtNov 22, 2009 12:42 PM
Nov 27, 2009 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
i agree, the ending was way too fast and i could tell the producers tried to tie everything up in the end. and i admit i was expecting george and yukari to be together but then after seeing the end, i kinda like it the way it ended.
but it really is sad to see them separated.
Dec 21, 2009 3:13 AM

Apr 2009
A beautiful creature isn't meant to be caged or tied down. It would of been impossible for Yukari to keep George all to herself. I am actually glad to find out she married Tokumori if it's true.
Dec 26, 2009 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
I think the ending was pretty sad.. I wanted her to end up with George. ):
Jan 17, 2010 6:19 PM

Jan 2009
Very good ending. Yes I was let down, only because I wanted the fairy tale ending, but that is what this show as about. The ending worked very well(IE Trying to find yourself ect...) and it was very realistic. Great show, overall an 8/10
Feb 3, 2010 8:36 AM

Dec 2009
The ending was sas and realistic - I really loved it. I also loved the fact that Isabella and George are gonna work together making dresses.. when they were on that boat is was one of my favorite scenes of Paradise Kiss.

I'm not a big fan of George.. so I was happy they didn't end up together. But - I hate the fact Yukari just married some random stranger we don't know. It should have been Tokumori.
Feb 8, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
This was a cool anime. I liked that it was kind of lighthearted and the fashion was great :) I liked the ending. I don't mind them not ending up together. The point of their relationship wasn't to be a perfect, romantic everlasting love. Their relationship was meaningful because they encouraged each other to pursue their dreams and they inspired each other. They ended up changing one another's paths in life in significant ways. That makes their relationship very meaningful even if it didn't last. In fact I don't even think they seemed all that well-suited to be a long-lasting couple. Their feelings for each other seemed more based on novelty and lust than on any kind of sustainable compatibility. But that's just what I got from it.
Feb 24, 2010 12:37 PM
Dec 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
overall: 6.5/10

I disagree this was a really gr8 anime, one of the best I have ever seen...!
Feb 28, 2010 2:14 AM

Sep 2009
While the ending was unexpected, I'm really pleased with it. Tokumori always seemed like "her type" and one for stability while George is a bird not to be caged. I was always surprised that he took THAT much interest in her bcuz I rly thought he was out of her league. In the beginning of the series I thought to myself, ok she's gonna spend the entire series trying to get that guy, then it's like HUH? he likes her?

So it's like they came into each other's lives, did what they had to do and moved on always with the memory. Like a fateful encounter with a stranger. You spend time with someone for one day and they impact on you and then you never see them again. This encounter was like that for Yukari. George would never stay for her. And he would never want her to follow him just for the sake of following him.

As for Arashi and Miwako... Arashi is a very messed up guy. He's got issues the anime didn't even touch on.. I think in a twisted way it's why Miwako has such an innocence to balance his hurt. Picture a badass girl character like Arashi then imagine them together. I imagine they'd destroy each other. Arashi knows Miwako is rare and wants to hold on to her jealously forever, but at the same time he knows she's too good for him. I think by asking Tokumori if he could join THEM instead of demanding that Miwako go with him alone, he might be realizing a little that he cant hold on so tight after all.

Great show. 9/10. I would have just liked to see more fashion. Like the clothes Yukari wore at the beginning and such. ppl didnt change clothes enough for me.
Mar 9, 2010 12:18 PM

Feb 2010
I agree that the ending was realistic but still I would have liked to see an unrealistic happy ending. That's just what I like in my romance. I mean if I want realistic I'll just look at the real world. That said I still loved the series and I even liked the ending but still was not the perfect ending for me. Also I couldn't tell if she married Tokumori or someone else. The translation I read had Tokumori saying your boyfriend is here which seems odd for him to say if he was the boyfriend, Plus the pictures at the end didn't look like Tokumori. Anyway I wish there was more anime like this one.
Mar 30, 2010 4:19 PM

Oct 2008
3/5 for me, realistic and definitely unexpected. Doesn't change that I was really, really sad because those kids didn't get back together sometime. I hope Yukari didn't marry Hiro or w/e his name was. It was a bitter ending, yet refreshing for keeping it real.
Apr 3, 2010 3:27 AM

Sep 2008
Damn that ending was sad.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's the same creator as NANA...
I actually started to like George...:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2010 6:07 AM
May 2009
janeify said:
For me it was really sad in the end. : <
Yukari loved George so why she marry Tokumori?!
George loved her , he gaved her his dresses ...

Where do we know that she marries Tokumori ? I mean, I thought she married someone we don't know but reading the comments here I see she marries Tokumori... Maybe I missed a clue ?
Apr 23, 2010 8:23 AM
Aug 2009
Oh man, awesome show!

I've never thought that it'll be so good :) it's just like real life, without any happy endings, sweet scenes and characters which want to save world.

I'm glad, that I watched this anime ^^
May 24, 2010 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
5/10 - Watched it to the end because of Narasaki (did the OST, great by the way). But, it's not that realistic at all when you look at the whole thing. Just not my thing I guess.
Jun 22, 2010 4:19 PM

Dec 2008
Annie said:
Firemonkey5 said:

Totally agree with you. I watched Honey and Clover just before these series and I was like - what the hell?! Why can't it be a happy ending at least for some of the characters, why it all has to be so heartbreakingly sad? Isn't the real life sad enough without having to see it in a series as well?! ........

Gah i watched both seasons of honey and clover followed by NANA to get to this
its heartbreaking, it really is funny though that the characters of NANA dressed up like the ones from Paradise kiss in the last episode
13 episodes was too short for the series
24 would have been perfect
Jun 29, 2010 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
Great characters who actually make thoughtful intelligent decisions, good writing, and a bittersweet ending that has said characters making painful yet important decisions. Great series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 30, 2010 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
George is a good pick for short-term relationship
Tokumori better for long-term perhaps

I don't know i'm a male
7/10
Nov 13, 2010 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
why was it so rushed? :/ and the ending is very damn sad!! ok its realistic though we girls dont want to see that we want to see love triangles, suffering, jealousy, passion but still happy endings:((
im a little relieved if she married Tokumori:/
Dec 28, 2010 7:38 PM

Aug 2009
It's reality was superb. The drama, the emotions, the characters and their behavior. the art in its own realistic way but it bothered me a little. It was all so ridiculously close to reality and that makes this anime one hell of a masterpiece, even though it's not my thing. Too real and sad for my taste but it's brilliant in its own way I guess.

As for the ending, expected. I knew it won't be a happy lovey-dovey one. Yukari overreacted on the Kaori situation. Really, who wouldn't be pissed off at that kind of suspicion?
Bittersweet and a little rushed but suits the series. 8/10

Oh and I never liked George. I'd always rooted for Hiroyuki.
WHY are people so sure she's marrying Hiroyuki though? It's some random guy most probably. But I'd like to assume it's Hiroyuki. Damn they should've shown.
Jan 1, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
Wow thanks!

She really does marry him! =D
I'm so glad ~
Bumping up the score which I still haven't decided on.
Jan 9, 2011 7:38 PM

Feb 2010
I kind of wish she would have ended up with Tokumori instead of marrying some random guy... it would've made me feel better since he was a good guy... sigh... I think thats a flaw (and its not like she couldn't like him, and he likes her so..)
I really didn't expect her to end up with George in the end though, just didn't seem like that ending would've fit
Mar 12, 2011 3:55 PM

Jul 2010
I expected everything but not such ending :D anyway I did not get into these series very much so ending did not affect me very much, just suprised a lot. Thats why I liked it. Twists are always nice. I liked the fact that it is realistic as well. Also I kinda happy that she ended up with Tokumori. Just few episodes ago I thought that he is so kind and nice! I thought 'I wish they would be a couple'. the ending satisfied me :D

Gyabo!~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 9 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

25 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 8 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

37 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 6 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 17, 2008

40 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 3 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

42 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 17, 2008

74 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.