Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2014 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow...holy shit. It was cool to see the Shinobi army and Naruto cut off Obito and Madara from the ten tails and carry on Neji's will. As for the second half of the episode, I got chills when Orochimaru revealed that the ones who knew everything were the previous Hokage! Oh man things ear heating up, and now we're going to learn the truth of everything and the village!
Jun 12, 2014 4:34 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Great seeing Orochimaru and Sasuke again.
Loved how he revived all the Hokages. Neatly done! Put a lot of strain on him though.

Damn.. Those feels. T_T
Feel bad for Shikamaru and Ino. Also, Poor Lee.. :(

Kurama grinning while thinking how Naruto has surpassed his parents was awesome! XD

Assaulting on Juubi along Obito and Madara was nice. With Kurama's chakra, everybody became 3X times more epic!

Good episode. The Edo Hokages introductions next week.

Jun 12, 2014 4:48 AM

Jun 2014
So many deaths last episode and I seriously thought we got away with no flashbacks... but they were just delayed one episode. I'd say there's still a 65% chance none of them are really dead.

lol The Great Big Flying Red Splotch of Gnats taking down Juubi.

And all the Hokages? Really Orochimaru, really? I thought we were finally done with the frikin reanimations.
Jun 12, 2014 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
Haha Kurama calling Naruto's parents pathetic XD
Dat laugh

Sweet, got to see Orochimaru and Sasuke again.

And the previous 4 hokage!
Can't wait for next ep.
Jun 12, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2013
Oh wow!!@!!@! It was awesome to see Orochimaru again but the 4 hokage!! Next episode will be epic!
Also it seems Orochimaru is respecting Sasuke and maybe even thinks they are on equal level.
Jun 12, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2014
I had almost forgotten that Orochimaru was back, it has been so many episodes that we haven't seen him or Sasuke! :D
The battle scenes were good, I felt bad for Shikamaru and Ino though :(
Kurama and Naruto have an unbelievably immense amount of chakra, I think it would be reasonable if they run out of chakra at some stage because they are using a lot of it.

I think they rushed too much the procedure of the hokage revival, I wonder if they will make it without any fillers the whole year.

Great episode; can't wait for the next one, I hope there will be a Madara-Hashirama encounter, it would be awesome if the animation was decent enough.
Jun 12, 2014 5:26 AM

May 2013
Behold! The previous Hokage's have been reanimated.

Wow. Orochimaru is the most clever guy I know in the whole Naruto franchise. Excellent work there Orochimaru-sama!
Jun 12, 2014 5:35 AM

Apr 2013
wow.

wonder how this will play out. all 4 hokage revived
Jun 12, 2014 5:42 AM

Jun 2012
People just die and come back like it's nothing in this show... But hey, our old buddy Orochimaru makes a return so I'm not complaining
Jun 12, 2014 5:53 AM

May 2013
I kept checking when the Naruto stuff would be over. Its really a problem if the main character and the main villain (Obito) can't keep me entertained. The best part during the battle scenes where the convo Shikamaru and Ino had with their fathers.

Naruto's home coming, daytime and he says ''This place hasn't changed one bit''
Sasuke's home coming, night and he says ''This place has changed quite a lot''

Nice Kishi!!!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/149/b/b/sasuke_and_naruto_coming_home_by_shyguy225-d673pi6.jpg

Can't wait for next episode.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 12, 2014 6:00 AM
Apr 2013
What secrets will the Hokage tell them. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 12, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2014
This has got to be, by far, the biggest asspull of the show.
As if reviving wasn't bad already, now even the Shinigami can just puke back anyone.

And to add insult to injury, it's on the Orochimaru side of the story, not obito.
Please stop. Just have te already present characters think of smart techniques rather than turn this into an army of DBZ
Jun 12, 2014 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
it was kinda sad when Ino and Shikimaru talking with their parents and then Lee crying over Neji.

Naruto gaining more control over Kuruma's chakra gave the feeling of badassdom. But after attacking the ten tails, Madara and Obito aren't on the ten tails anymore, I'm wondering if they'll fight for themselves now.

When Orochimaru put on that mask, he freaked out... kinda funny till you find out what's going on.

Can't wait for the next episode, especially when the hokages get together
Jun 12, 2014 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
Had been waiting this episode for so long. Despite his revenge thing, i always respected Orochimaru as a character so i loved seing him back in action and actually moving the story in Sasuke's behalf. 5/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 12, 2014 6:11 AM

Nov 2013
I love non-filler Naruto. Great episode.
Jun 12, 2014 6:20 AM
Sep 2007
Enter Hashirama - Zangetsu Hokage.

Also, best Kage ever - Tobirama.

And anyone can say what they want, parts with Sasuke and Orochimaru are far more interesting than with other characters.
Jun 12, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2013
Psajdak said:

And anyone can say what they want, parts with Sasuke and Orochimaru are far more interesting than with other characters.

Agreed.
Jun 12, 2014 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
I knew about the revival of the past Hokages for a while now. But it still gave me goosebumps and made me excited. I loved the scenes of Ino, Shikamaru and Lee.

Great episode overall. I liked the scene where Sasuke stood on that pillar.
Jun 12, 2014 7:11 AM

Nov 2012
Never would have guessed they were going to revive all the dead Hokage. Orochimaru turned out to be quite useful.
Jun 12, 2014 7:18 AM

Nov 2011

RIP Neji. NEVER FORGET.

Decent episode with a rather interesting ending. I almost forgot about Sasuke and his group too this episode. Ah, cant' wait to see the conversation next time between the Kages.
Jun 12, 2014 7:26 AM
Sep 2007
Aichiro said:
Orochimaru turned out to be quite useful.
Weird thing to say, considering Orochimaru is one of smartest guys in series.
Jun 12, 2014 7:33 AM

Jan 2014
So basically anyone and everyone can be revived. And everyone except Jiraya have officially been revived.
This arc has reached a new level of shit.

Let me guess, more flashbacks derailment by the kage and how very similar they are to Naru x Sasuke.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 7:34 AM
May 2014
This was an awesome episode.

I really enjoyed this episode form beginging to end, the flashbacks gave me sentimental feelings and the story moved a long quite nicely. I especially enjoyed seeing orochimaru, sasuke, and the hokages.

If I had to say anything bad about this episode, it was the overall scheme of 'we can reanimate anyone whos dead, so, wow, 4 hokages"

It deteriorates from the death/living scheme of things. But as stated, I really enjoyed this episode and can't wait for the next.
Jun 12, 2014 7:36 AM
Jun 2014
I knew all of this would happen thanks to the Manga but I must say seeing it in the Anime , the emotion, the voices , the music...Makes it soooooooooo much sweeter! I loved every minute of this episode every second.

Hearing Lee scream"
NEJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

wow
Kazuhiko_YukimiJun 12, 2014 7:47 AM
Jun 12, 2014 7:37 AM
Jun 2014
Stark700 said:

RIP Neji. NEVER FORGET.

Decent episode with a rather interesting ending. I almost forgot about Sasuke and his group too this episode. Ah, cant' wait to see the conversation next time between the Kages.

Yes he will not be forgotten
Jun 12, 2014 7:38 AM
Jun 2014
Psajdak said:
Aichiro said:
Orochimaru turned out to be quite useful.
Weird thing to say, considering Orochimaru is one of smartest guys in series.

Never sleep on Orochimaru I mean the fact that he is still alive is ridiculous!!!!! But the fact that he knows all about the reanimation jutsu along with other secret jutsu should be of no surprise to anyone
Jun 12, 2014 7:41 AM
Jun 2014
iWin4Prep said:
This was an awesome episode.

I really enjoyed this episode form beginging to end, the flashbacks gave me sentimental feelings and the story moved a long quite nicely. I especially enjoyed seeing orochimaru, sasuke, and the hokages.

If I had to say anything bad about this episode, it was the overall scheme of 'we can reanimate anyone whos dead, so, wow, 4 hokages"

It deteriorates from the death/living scheme of things. But as stated, I really enjoyed this episode and can't wait for the next.

Orochimaru did this before when he reanimated the First and Second Hokage back when he almost destroyed the village and the Third Hokage took his arms. And come on how bad ass was Itachi when he was brought back. Edo Tensai is a epic forbidden jutsu!

lol I enjoyed this episode as well
Kazuhiko_YukimiJun 12, 2014 7:47 AM
Jun 12, 2014 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
can someone tell me why obito put six white zetsu inside sasuke?
Jun 12, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
Kazuhiko_Yukimi said:

Awesome picture. Thanks for sharing it!

Jaykobe said:
can someone tell me why obito put six white zetsu inside sasuke?

Orochimaru: '' Zetsu that Tobi stuck onto Sasuke to watch him. Should respond''

It's just a convenient plot device.
Jun 12, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
Kazuhiko_Yukimi said:

It's with specific situations though.

From the current characters only Kabuto and Orochimaru know how to use Edo Tensi. Along with Madara and The Second Hokage, which I'm not sure if they can reanimate others, since they are not living.

I see no problem with it, really. Edo Tensi existed and was introduced in the second arc of the series, it was fully explained with the hints of some mysteries in it, it has specific rules that can't be broken, which is why the former Hokages couldn't be summoned by Kabuto, they were trapped inside the death god. This makes the jutsu consistent. Orochimaru were able to summon them, after he freed them from the death god, with that plan with the help of Sasuke, and the mystery of the scroll and the Uchiha shrine which have been seen but not explained very early on the series IIRC.

Everything regarding this so far has been consistent.
tsudecimoJun 12, 2014 8:14 AM
Jun 12, 2014 8:29 AM
Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
Kazuhiko_Yukimi said:

It's with specific situations though.

From the current characters only Kabuto and Orochimaru know how to use Edo Tensi. Along with Madara and The Second Hokage, which I'm not sure if they can reanimate others, since they are not living.

I see no problem with it, really. Edo Tensi existed and was introduced in the second arc of the series, it was fully explained with the hints of some mysteries in it, it has specific rules that can't be broken, which is why the former Hokages couldn't be summoned by Kabuto, they were trapped inside the death god. This makes the jutsu consistent. Orochimaru were able to summon them, after he freed them from the death god, with that plan with the help of Sasuke, and the mystery of the scroll and the Uchiha shrine which have been seen but not explained very early on the series IIRC.

Everything regarding this so far has been consistent.

But why didn't Orochimaru get that mask before, to get back his arms? Didn't he have that knowledge until recently?(Probably some things that will get explained later on anyway)

I never was a big fan of Edo Tensei, except for Itachi and Madara being revived but I don't know what to think about the four hokages being back.

I hoped that Minato together with the first and second hokage, remained more of a mystery. Some flashbacks/background info for First Hokage would be cool but all four of them getting back is kind of lame, I was already done with Edo Tensei.
But I wonder what The First-Fourth Hokage have to say about all these 'mysteries' and how they are further going to help Orochimaru.

None the less, episode was good and I can't wait for next week.
Jun 12, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
Rufeegee said:

But why didn't Orochimaru get that mask before, to get back his arms? Didn't he have that knowledge until recently?(Probably some things that will get explained later on anyway)

How would he enter that secret Uchiha thing though?

I'm also not quite sure if he read the scroll from Sasuke or what exactly. He might be aware of the place of the mask. But I don't think he knows about the actual contents of the scroll, and the secrets of the death god.

Rufeegee said:
I never was a big fan of Edo Tensei, except for Itachi and Madara being revived but I don't know what to think about the four hokages being back.

I agree. Except for Itachi and Madara, I didn't really like the other dead people being brought back, except for characters we didn't see before, like the former Kages, that was good imo.

Rufeegee said:
I hoped that Minato together with the first and second hokage, remained more of a mystery. Some flashbacks/background info for First Hokage would be cool but all four of them getting back is kind of lame, I was already done with Edo Tensei.
But I wonder what The First-Fourth Hokage have to say about all these 'mysteries' and how they are further going to help Orochimaru.

I also agree there, but if this move is a good or bad thing, will depend on their involvement in the plot in the future. It's too early to judge as of now.

Itachi and Madara improved the war arc by a lot, and their existence was very important. Maybe this will be similar. I can at least sense that from the First Hokage.
Jun 12, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2013
Orochimaru is a bad ass, the ending of that episode was awesome.
Jun 12, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2013
Oh yea the Hokages are back. This is gonna be epic.
Jun 12, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
The 4 Kage are back !!!!! Can't wait to see 1st fight Madara, going to get intense. Why is Orochimaru doing this, it totally defeats his whole character, we shall see what the evil snake will do next :P
Jun 12, 2014 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
really want to watch this episode but I intend to marathon 5 episode until it reach episode 370 because being curious about next episode really annoying :(
Jun 12, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2009
Rufeegee said:
But why didn't Orochimaru get that mask before, to get back his arms? Didn't he have that knowledge until recently?

I think it's because he couldn't infiltrate Konoha that easy before the war. There always were many ninjas in the village and he would be detected very quickly by the barrier. Now that the war is going on nobody can stop him anymore because everyone is fighting on the battlefield.

By the way, Orochimaru already said very early on during the fight between the three Sannin, that there would be another way to get his arms back. This just shows me that there already was something planned and what a great writer Kishimoto is.
Jun 12, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Why is Orochimaru doing this, it totally defeats his whole character, we shall see what the evil snake will do next :P

Orochimaru wants to see what decision Sasuke will make.
Jun 12, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2011
Nice episode and the ending was best...Now for a little arc about 3-5 episodes for Harashima and Madara past till their death.
Jun 12, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
Kazi9 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Nice Kishi!!!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/149/b/b/sasuke_and_naruto_coming_home_by_shyguy225-d673pi6.jpg

You do know Pain destroyed the village... Right???

The edo tensei was proven to exist since part 1 so that shit about it not been consistent is stupid. Really loved this episode!!!

Love the ending... Man naruto does know how to give good speeches!
Kazi9Jun 12, 2014 10:26 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2014
Kazi9 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Nice Kishi!!!

Hahahahahaha:P
Jun 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2007
Kazuhiko_Yukimi said:
I knew all of this would happen thanks to the Manga but I must say seeing it in the Anime , the emotion, the voices , the music...Makes it soooooooooo much sweeter! I loved every minute of this episode every second.

Hearing Lee scream"
NEJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

wow

Whoa 0_0 is that a screen cap from this episode? Well i am kind of late this time, but ill have to check this ep out. From the looks of it animation wise, it looks far more improved then previous episode was.

Jun 12, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2013
Kazi9 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Nice Kishi!!!

Yeah I do but it has very little to do with what Pain did. Naruto and Sasuke did exactly the same thing when they arrived in Konoha after a long time, they stand on a pillar and take a look around. Yet one came to protect it while the other wants to destroy the village. Naruto came during the day and Sasuke at night (this is a foreshadowing for later events). Naruto comments that Konoha hasn't changed one bit, later Sakura tells him that he didn't change one bit. Sasuke notices that the village changed quite a lot, he himself changed quite a lot. And it looks like he trying to get answers about the past, you could argue that he is rebuilding himself just like Konoha had to after Pain invasion. That scene presents light and darkness, hate and love, Naruto and Sasuke.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 12, 2014 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
judals said:
So basically anyone and everyone can be revived. And everyone except Jiraya have officially been revived.
This arc has reached a new level of shit.

Let me guess, more flashbacks derailment by the kage and how very similar they are to Naru x Sasuke.

rofl really?
how could u forget that Orochimaru already revived Tobirama and Hashirama when he fought vs Sarutobi in one of the earliest episodes
let me refresh your memory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Z6bdLkcto
Jun 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Feb 2014
Ahh man, Shikaku and Inoichi... T_T
LOL @ Kurama calling Kushina and Minato pathetic!
Talking about Minato, the previous Hokages are here!
Also I cannot wait for the
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jun 12, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode. The previous hokage have been revived at last. This'll get fun.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 12, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Kazi9 said:

Yeah I do but it has very little to do with what Pain did. Naruto and Sasuke did exactly the same thing when they arrived in Konoha after a long time, they stand on a pillar and take a look around. Yet one came to protect it while the other wants to destroy the village. Naruto came during the day and Sasuke at night (this is a foreshadowing for later events). Naruto comments that Konoha hasn't changed one bit, later Sakura tells him that he didn't change one bit. Sasuke notices that the village changed quite a lot, he himself changed quite a lot. And it looks like he trying to get answers about the past, you could argue that he is rebuilding himself just like Konoha had to after Pain invasion. That scene presents light and darkness, hate and love, Naruto and Sasuke.

WTF!
Sasuke said the village changed cuz it was being rebuilt. Stop making things mysterious.
Jun 12, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Since I love flashbacks and Backstories, seems like I will have fun in the next episodes :p

Kazi9 said:

WTF!
Sasuke said the village changed cuz it was being rebuilt. Stop making things mysterious.

Really dude. Do you think it's just a coincidence, that both Naruto and Sasuke stood on a pillar and looked at the village after their long absence from the village?

I think Sasuke said it changed was something sentimental, and not something literal and physical.

I see nothing wrong, with what Sasa said. It's makes a lot of sense. There have been a lot of parelles between Naruto and Sasuke in the series, and Kishimoto himself said that whenever he writes for Naruto he think of Sasuke, like yin and yang.
Jun 12, 2014 11:43 AM

Oct 2013
One of the good episodes of this arc, I liked the bits with Ino and Shikimaru. Sasuke and Orochimaru will probably turn out to be pretty good episodes. I don't quite like everyone being revived back but oh well what did I expect...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 12, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Kazi9 said:

This would be very nice symbolism, if the rivalry and symbolism between them hadn't completely dissipated and died down.

And I fear Sasuke might turn good anyway after that Itachi speech.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.