Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2010 7:59 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not so bad episode. The idea of new clow cards may seem boring a lot but the show in a whole still good. Wonder who is that third guy.
Goh'Dan
Feb 23, 2011 12:17 AM

Sep 2008
the power of star, should they be named as Sakura cards now? (instead of Clow cards)
Apr 4, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
hanhebat said:
the power of star, should they be named as Sakura cards now? (instead of Clow cards)

Or Star Cards at least either way. Now the Cards are drawing on her power rather than Clow's. I forgot about this. Sakura is going to feel very drained having to transform all the cards.
Jun 28, 2013 2:23 PM

Dec 2011
He remembers EVERYTHING. Gosh, that must be a little creepy... and the entire time Yue and Kero were in Sakura's room, I kept wondering how they could possibly fit. Their wings are just so HUGE.
Jul 4, 2013 10:12 AM
Oct 2010
lol sakura has a big room ^

new foe appears. assume the transfer students ahve something to do with it.

and damn, sakura total badass. making new cards.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 11, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
So that what means of Yue's skepticism about Sakura's 'power level'..
With this new condition, Sakura's power will be the new magic source of the cards rather than Clow's ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 6, 2013 8:15 AM

Apr 2008
So I'm guessing the new villain is some sort of evil cardcaptor? And I bet the two people right next to him are Yue and Kenos evil counterparts. i
Jan 23, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
I don't get it. Her old thing for getting the wand was the "key that hides the powers of the dark." I thought that meant it banished the dark/evil? But now it hides the power of the stars? As in, holds the special power of the stars? In that case, shouldn't the old wand have been hiding the powers of the light, since kero is the sun part of the equation?
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Mar 25, 2014 5:31 PM
Sep 2011
Yue remembers everything that happens as Yukito- AWW CRAAPS, that's awkward. And what exactly did he not notice? Guess it depends on whether the next part was related (which would mean it's to do with Touya) or not. Well, at least one thing he definitely did not notice is that Touya has enough powers to recognize magic (but not enough to use them- which is likely why his magical powers don't register in anyone's radar). Guess the way Kaho found it out was by the way he acted.

Also, "Yukito is so handsome, while Yue is..." Mr Grumpypants, that's what. He should learn to lighten up sometimes. And the cumbersome dual-personality is no excuse.

And so it's just as I guessed- no malicious interferences, just the changes rendering the old command moot. And bye-bye Clow Cards, hello Sakura Cards.

Also, CLAMP, you already spoiled Eriol and the other guardian in the OP, no use being so shadowy (which makes me wonder, when's Kero's meeting with him coming?).
hexzoneMar 25, 2014 8:56 PM
Nov 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Nov 2013
Kinda like where this story is going.
Dec 17, 2014 9:56 PM

Jul 2012
WOW...
So it's now Sakura's cards not Clow's cards!!
And the power of the stars not darkness cool >_<

Jan 30, 2015 2:54 AM

Feb 2008
Card Tamer Sakura Stars eh. Don't like too much the direction this is going and still think the show should have ended with season 2. But I guess if it's popular, you got to milk it, the same way Sailor Moon got five seasons.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 23, 2015 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Card Tamer Sakura Stars eh. Don't like too much the direction this is going and still think the show should have ended with season 2. But I guess if it's popular, you got to milk it, the same way Sailor Moon got five seasons.

same, i hope it gets better tbh
May 27, 2016 1:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That's gotta be so time and body consuming. Having to change every card Sakura has into her ownership.
I'm surprised Sakura used Firey to combat water since Water can put out Fire.
That awkward moment when Sakura and Yue talk about if he knows Yukito's memories. It does fit his personality, Mr.Grumpypants. Yukito is so charming and nice, totally the opposite for Yue.

Jul 4, 2017 3:25 PM

Aug 2007
I really like seeing Kero and Yukito in their true forms.

Nov 30, 2017 12:55 AM

Dec 2016
The monster talk still gets Sakura going lol.

Wow Touya got a lot of strength to him, holding all that paper & Nakuru.

Yeah that was creepy from Nakuru, had a feeling she might have something to do with magic.

You know what's happening is a real big deal when Kero ask for Yue and it's only the 2nd episode of this arc.

Power of the stars, new rod/wand & a new way to summon the cards power, took it's toll on Sakura but it worked out in the end.

2 Shadowy enemies & an animal at the end, Eriol & Nakuru is my guess.
Jan 9, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Really a great job regarding the details of the story: if you change the scepter, why not change the magic formula of evocation and the cards themselves, I'm adoring this anime series. Nice to review the frivolous part of the story, I love how Tomoyo manages to be so elegant and make it also to Sakura; I missed this component of the narrative. Today Cardcaptor Sakura 2.0 was born, as we would say now.
May 10, 2019 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Was that penguin story an Ultra Q reference?
hexzone said:
Also, CLAMP, you already spoiled Eriol and the other guardian in the OP, no use being so shadowy (which makes me wonder, when's Kero's meeting with him coming?).

Not really CLAMP's fault. Remind that Madhouse was in charge of the anime production.
Aug 1, 2019 6:33 PM

May 2016
Both Eriol and the new girl's out to get the Kinomoto siblings and prevent them from clapping Yukito's cheeks, damn. The small guy had a really big voice at the end too.

Sakura and friends nearly drowned but her realization that she's not in a contract with Clow anymore since she's the new official owner of the cards saved the day!

Apr 9, 2021 1:23 PM

Jul 2016
Yue is aware of Sakura's feelings for his false identity. Yikes!

Also thank god Sakura didn't end up boiling her friends alive by using FIREY.
May 5, 2021 12:22 PM

Aug 2018
What Yukito could see, how Nakuru said?.. What is this about?.. At 07:59.. And then "then I'll overtake it".. It could be literally anything..
I don't like how distrustful Keroberos at times is towards Sakura.. And what he really said there?.. Well, he said something suggesting that it might be their old person they know.. So what?.. I think it's not smart to hide things from Sakura, where she is maybe one of the main persons, who will be dealing with these things..
Jun 2, 2021 8:25 PM

Jun 2014
Both of those transfer students are bad news.

Thankfully, Sakura finally figured out how to transform, and properly use her cards.

Jun 30, 2021 3:14 PM

Jan 2021
From reason I don’t like Nakuru
May 12, 2022 10:34 AM

Oct 2021
The new rod release and card summon was just beautiful. *-*
Jun 6, 2023 5:49 PM
Jul 2017
how does she know the new spells to get the wand AND the way to get the cards to change form

Oct 1, 2023 3:13 PM

May 2013
I get that bringing Tomoyo along to the fights is just what they do, and it's been fucking stupid before, but it was really fucking stupid this time.

Looks like we'll get to meet the guardians proper pretty soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.