Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2012 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST.
----------------------------------------
Ah Seto has such good friends, and It was nice that He woke up after hearing Iori's voice and her quieting the acting was a good move since love is more important.. Well I must say everything in their relationship was really rough but experience makes it better, and its good that Itsuki found someone she admires and likes.. and Its cool that Itchans dream was to be with Iori rather than have some career.. Well over all it was a good read. there were times where this manga felt like crap but it ended up in a good way. And those two are the couple I wanted to succeed too so I was satisfied with the outcome... Well until next time..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 7, 2012 7:38 PM
Mar 2012
I really kind of like hated the way they ended this series.. I feel as if the ending was rushed in, :\

The 9-10 chapters leading to the end of this series was really moving, brought me to tears, and pissed me off that I made my finger bleed cause I bit it to hard lol.

I felt to frustrated with the last few chapters of this manga series, it was good overall, but I felt as if they grew up to fast, and didn't develop their relationship that well.

I still give the series a 10/10 masterpiece though, loved it (': just not the ending -_-
Jun 15, 2012 5:14 AM
Jun 2010
read this manga in two days, amazing and realized that the mangaka also did zetman :}
Aug 21, 2012 10:31 PM

Jul 2012
Forreal. I hate Iori. Like everything about her, she should have rushed to him when he was about to die, forreal a phone call ? thats fking lame
Jun 2, 2013 10:35 PM

Aug 2012
The ending was so rushed dammit. I mean, that's it? After the 9-10 chapters of pure awesomeness the mangaka will just used a half-assed "welcome-back-from-hospital" party as an ending? Though there's that little confession at the end, it is still not enough. I want more development from Iori and Seto! Despite of that, it still a very wonderful series, though predictable at some point, it still made me excited at many points.

8/10
Nov 9, 2013 7:00 AM

Jan 2010
Honestly, the ending was pretty ridiculous.

The series had it's problems, but in the end it did make me care about the characters. I ended up liking every love interest better than Iori, but still wanted a Iori x Seto end because that's what felt right.

From what I understand, the author screwed up, and completely miscalculated the number of chapters to finish the series, and told the publisher it would be ending at X... meaning there was no spot for continuation. So, instead of owning up to it, he crammed everything he could into the last few chapters, and even then, the last couple I guess didn't make it into the magazine, and only came out with the published volume 15.

Seriously though, no indication that all the craziness was cleared up, like the letters, or him saying he cheated with Izumi, etc etc. On top of that, the only feelings of hers we know about were in that hospital phone call.

Because of the rushed ending, it feels not only incomplete, it feels like their relationship was on somewhat shaky ground. They felt more like a couple earlier in the series...

And we have no idea what happens! Just that at the moment, they're "together" probably? 2/3rds of this series is both of them being really bad at relationships and communicating, and how they manage to screw stuff up over and over... so how is ch 143 an ending? (the other 1/3rd is filler, and brief moments where they're together :P)

Sigh...

In many places it was predictable, or even formulaic, with plenty of clichés thrown in for good measure. BUT it had several exciting periods in it, with anticipation of what is going to happen next. some for a chapter, some for nearly a volume. There were also some unpredictable or surprising moments. And It also made me care about the characters, especially the supporting cast... except teratani... lol. At least he did right in the end. Art was relatively good, character design was just adequate, I felt.

I will ignore the ending, and say 8/10

If I judged including the ending... which I feel I really should since it is a MAJOR part of the story, 7/10 ... but it's not fair to the rest of the story.
Jan 13, 2014 7:01 AM

Feb 2013
chapter 143, 143-i love you
but kinda bit dissapoonted at the ending.. its rush i was expecting more than that..
great series overall im can relate seto in a way, i lost my gf cuz of inferiority complex, having a beautiful girl that every boy in the campus dreamt of is never easy -_-
and same mangaka as zetman no wonder konoha reminded me of iori
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Jul 15, 2014 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
Loved the series, I marathoned it in 3-4 days.
I liked the art a lot, it shows all the work the artist put into it. My only gripe was the design of Asou; an Iori look-alike feels just lazy for a character that had more depth and backstory than the original.
The plot had many twists, some predictable and some surprising. The clichés didn't bother me that much, I know I should expect them in this genre. Still, the clichés and the ecchi were much better than in other series of the time, like Love Hina. The pacing was good and I think the author really made an effort to not let any threads hanging in the main story, his use of chekhov's gun was really well done.

I liked most of the cast, with the exception of Iori. 90% of the time we see her through Seto's eyes, and he never quite solves this issue of having an ideal image of her. She starts showing some personality only half way through the story, but still she seems kinda shallow to me. She loved Seto during their 3 years of high school but she never explained why she slapped him or why she was always so passive. I don't think it can be all explained with a simple "I thought you hated me" when it is clear that Seto is trying to be nice to her, he's just really clumsy. But of course, that was probably a narrative convenience. Ironically, by 1/4 of the series I just wanted Itsuki to disappear but then in the last third I just wanted her to come back and steal Seto from Iori. I almost cheer for Izumi, but Asou kinda stole the show.

The only aspect that always bugged me about Seto was that every time he got to be alone with Iori he just wanted to jump right into sex... I think they only kissed like 3 times during the entire series or something? I mean, being a dude, I know one can get pretty horny, but starting from fondling seems incredibly disrespectful to the person you love, especially if your relationship is not that deep yet... Having said that, his pervert dreams were really crazy but not too far from what one might dream as a teenager, haha. That was always welcome :D

The ending sure seems forced, there were some things left unexplained, like Iori's gift, the truth about the missing letters which is never revealed to her, Seto revealing his most pervert side to Iori (I mean, the whole peeping and dreaming that she never knew of), what Seto really wants to do in his life... also we never really get to see (nor is it explained) how they solve their "amatory issues", for lack of a better term. I think that was important because, ecchi scenes aside, Seto always seemed to get along better with the other girls in this sense. Sadly, it was all handwaved with a lame "You've caught your dream." Despite my gripes, it was one hell of a ride. Most of the cast had believable development and the plot pacing was adequate, so the end really was a letdown. I was so invested in the characters that I felt kinda empty with the ending :C The journey was good though.

8/10

Might read it again, but only the first volumes when the story had more Itsuki and therefore, more comedy.
kchorrex2012Jul 15, 2014 11:55 PM
Jan 19, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
wow I spent like 50 chapters wondering what that video about Itsuki was about and it got cut off. Her character made me really enjoy the manga, and its a shame she never shows up again.

sweet manga overall but the last arc isnt as good. Well to be fair, Iori's not my favorite girl in it (honestly mc had better chemistry with every other girl), but hey in the end I wasn't too pissed off, because this dude sucks at loving only one girl.

anyone find this similar to Kimi no Iru Machi?
Mar 12, 2015 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
Heh, so I guess it's safe to say that the two officially became a couple? Pretty cliche series considering how the MC had so many opportunities throughout this manga. Oh well...not like I expected much with the way the story progressed. Average till the end.
May 9, 2015 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
MasterDetective said:

anyone find this similar to Kimi no Iru Machi?

imo this is more similar to Ichigo 100%

idol X ordinary guy relationships have always the same story
I cant say this manga was so cliche since this was made more than 10 yrs ago. But this was very predictable tbh.
I liked how Iori quited her idol career to be with Seto.
I want to know how Iori fell in love with Seto since it was obvious that she likes Seto from the start.
That Furakwa (?) deserves a slap btw.

5.5/10
Dec 3, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2014
O God, another cliche shit ending, well that's not surprise since the manga ran at jump
Jun 29, 2017 1:05 PM
Aug 2013
It's over! man it feels empty now. I'll kind of miss reading it. :c

Anyway It was a very nice reading and I really liked the characters esp the friends (except for Iori , Izumi & Seto's cowardness ) and their developments. I liked the art, and how much the details were taken care of.
But I wish the would do more. like the misunderstanding were never cleared, and now after quiting acting what will Iori do ? same for Ichitaka. and will Izumi stop chasing after him ? what about Asou?

asdf546 said:
Forreal. I hate Iori. Like everything about her, she should have rushed to him when he was about to die, forreal a phone call ? thats fking lame

Same. and I find her very selfish since the beginning.

thaumx said:

The series had it's problems, but in the end it did make me care about the characters. I ended up liking every love interest better than Iori, but still wanted a Iori x Seto end because that's what felt right.

YES. esp Asou. I really liked her and hoped she'd end up together with Ichitaka . But well Iori and him are meant to be. =_=

kchorrex2012 said:
Loved the series, I marathoned it in 3-4 days.
I liked the art a lot, it shows all the work the artist put into it. My only gripe was the design of Asou; an Iori look-alike feels just lazy for a character that had more depth and backstory than the original.
The plot had many twists, some predictable and some surprising. The clichés didn't bother me that much, I know I should expect them in this genre. Still, the clichés and the ecchi were much better than in other series of the time, like Love Hina. The pacing was good and I think the author really made an effort to not let any threads hanging in the main story, his use of chekhov's gun was really well done.

I liked most of the cast, with the exception of Iori. 90% of the time we see her through Seto's eyes, and he never quite solves this issue of having an ideal image of her. She starts showing some personality only half way through the story, but still she seems kinda shallow to me. She loved Seto during their 3 years of high school but she never explained why she slapped him or why she was always so passive. I don't think it can be all explained with a simple "I thought you hated me" when it is clear that Seto is trying to be nice to her, he's just really clumsy. But of course, that was probably a narrative convenience. Ironically, by 1/4 of the series I just wanted Itsuki to disappear but then in the last third I just wanted her to come back and steal Seto from Iori. I almost cheer for Izumi, but Asou kinda stole the show.

The only aspect that always bugged me about Seto was that every time he got to be alone with Iori he just wanted to jump right into sex... I think they only kissed like 3 times during the entire series or something? I mean, being a dude, I know one can get pretty horny, but starting from fondling seems incredibly disrespectful to the person you love, especially if your relationship is not that deep yet... Having said that, his pervert dreams were really crazy but not too far from what one might dream as a teenager, haha. That was always welcome :D

The ending sure seems forced, there were some things left unexplained, like Iori's gift, the truth about the missing letters which is never revealed to her, Seto revealing his most pervert side to Iori (I mean, the whole peeping and dreaming that she never knew of), what Seto really wants to do in his life... also we never really get to see (nor is it explained) how they solve their "amatory issues", for lack of a better term. I think that was important because, ecchi scenes aside, Seto always seemed to get along better with the other girls in this sense. Sadly, it was all handwaved with a lame "You've caught your dream." Despite my gripes, it was one hell of a ride. Most of the cast had believable development and the plot pacing was adequate, so the end really was a letdown. I was so invested in the characters that I felt kinda empty with the ending :C The journey was good though.

100% agree
__amaterasu__Jun 30, 2017 6:53 PM
Sep 21, 2017 7:09 AM

Aug 2017
asdf546 said:

I know this old, but I just want to reply.

I think what Iori did was the right choice, considering she's an idol. She has the responsibility on the job and I can't imagine what will happen for those two if her fans got furious. Probably death threats everyday and they will never be safe.

Well, in the end she quit her job for the beloved Ichitaka, Right? I think that's more than enough for him. :D
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Mar 31, 2019 10:00 PM
Aug 2017
I just realise theres no chapter 144 discussion.... so Imma just write here

I remember reading the series when I was a kid, but now I have re-read all 144 chapters. Kinda sad and painful to read as it is similar to White Album (kinda yeah).

I know everyone who read this might have a mixed feeling about Itsuki, Iori, Izumi and Aiko. I was rooting for Itsuki tho... To be honest, Im just happy that Iori is finally together with Ichitaka, that's enough for him.

Apart from the rushed ending, Iori's letter though... It-chan straight forward lied to her :/
So happy too that the series introduced an understanding girl like Aiko.
Im so happy too that Miyoko girl left as the series progress.

Behind a true love, there will always bee someone there to support. Nami, Morisaki, Koshinae... bruv Teratani is a real bro. Really love the series.
Nov 1, 2019 9:54 PM
Dec 2018
Beautiful journey but unfortunately it deserves better ending even if it was only 5 chapters i wouldn't mind, also i didn't like how seto always just wanted to jump and have sex with iori (i mean he fought all his desires with the other girls). i felt sorry for seto who can't reach his girl, and iori really was unreachable every chapter i understand that he respects her dream but she was trying to tell him how she hated being apart from him, with some real conversation that could have been positive.

But maaan! that end really could have been better, i could ignore all the shitty feeling i felt while reading it and give it a 10/10 but unfortunately with that ending it's only 8/10

But overall i really got hyped every time it worked out with seto and one main thing is the art style is miraculous so marvelous that is breathtaking ^♡^
#kyoanistrong
Jan 5, 2021 5:41 AM

Jan 2019
I "s ends in the same way as the entire manga: average, developing no more than 4/5 characters and not functioning as a romance. Honestly, I expected more from the manga, since it is well known and has a lot of good reviews. Maybe the problems were Seto's own difficulties in maintaining a relationship with Iori, no matter at what point in the manga. I'm glad the last chapter has two parts, as I hated the first, since he shouldn't end in a way so ridiculous. Glad that the author had the decency to make a bonus that solved everything.

Still, I don't see great qualities in 143 chapters read, but the latter was a good fanservice and a happy ending to the story. It's a shame that the rest of the characters are left without a pair ... I wanted to see Teratani and Yuka having something more. Nami, Izumi and Hoshinae too. In fact, it was good to miss Itsuki, I preferred it at the beginning of the manga, even though I already knew how it would end (because of the covers, it is easily noticeable to know that). Asou was the only really adult in the entire story. How can you? The author prefers to leave the main children's characters and develop a girl who entered the final stretch?!?! It was an offense to me.

In the end, it's not a story I recommend, but if you've read a lot of manga and don't care about a dubious experience, this story can entertain you. Not that it is good, because the new one is deceiving, but it was not totally bad either.

5/10
Oct 17, 2021 9:20 AM
Dec 2012
I've loved this manga for a long time. I've recently been watching with my SO the live-action series that I found out was only made last 2018, quite recent.

We got to the Christmas confession and I was so sure there'd be a kiss. But I realized there was none. And even in the manga there was none. It made me wonder: did they ever REALLY kissed, as in deep kiss?

Just want to get this out of my chest: the author only drew them kissing a handful of times. And not even full page spread or full paged drawing. Tiny drawings of kissing, besides the futon king's game kiss and I wouldn't even count that as a "kiss." it's more of a peck, a grade-schooler's concept of a kiss. Edit: there's one at chapter 107. But that's just one. C'mon.

Man, the art is god-like but for a "romance" manga, there's hardly ever a "romantic" encounter with the main duo besides, god forbid, hand-holding and hugs.
HeidrakeOct 17, 2021 10:59 AM
Jan 25, 2022 10:34 PM
Feb 2014
Well this manga was one of the most frustrating to read. I really think she deserved someone better than the main character. He cheated multiple times. Was incredibly indecisive. Kept questioning his relationship when a new girl appeared. Was terrible at communicating when a lot of his troubles could have been avoided if he just spoke up or said the truth. Had moments that the main character seemed to gain some development and then back pedaled over and over. This was a wild ride. Frustrating but I just wanted to see the end result. He really didn't deserve her. Mostly because he needed to work on himself before being in any relationship. So many other things to comment on but I'd blow a gasket. Well that's it for a rant. Man the MC wa something else. Damn. 4/10
DokiaJan 25, 2022 10:39 PM
Dokia
May 25, 2022 4:03 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I have a lot to say about this one, took a long time to read, and during most I will really feeling this was a 9, but this ending, wow!

SHIT end, like this is the very definition of rushed ending, and really, the mangaka wasnt able to handle this final arc that great, it was frustating to read at times, pity.

Will probably do a fast re-read for the manga, because there were some really strong chapters that did play well with my feelings, but this ending and final arc...

8.3/10= 8

edit: After a fast re-read, Itsuki is the most annoying girl, glad she loves relevance after th earlier parts, and Izumi, deserves to be happy, and while I did Iori, the way her character was developed this last arc sucks, so in a way I kinda wish Izumi had become the one.

The last arc really sucks, it is a constract to most of the manga that took its time to develop and tease the viewers, a damm shame, this was one of the best pure romantic reads up to this ending and final chapters, WASTE.

If it is true a great ending can uplift a lesser good story, so it is the true the opposite, a SHIT ending can bring down one, ALOT.
PlaycoolMay 27, 2022 4:11 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » I''s Chapter 16 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 26, 2012

4 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Sep 25, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » I''s Chapter 20 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 26, 2012

3 by CosmicGirl08 »»
Sep 18, 2023 10:49 AM

» Man I love this Manga

Drakengard1 - Sep 12, 2021

5 by dedzOw »»
Dec 29, 2022 11:26 PM

Poll: » I''s Chapter 96 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 28, 2012

2 by Komlan_6 »»
Jan 30, 2022 4:29 PM

Poll: » I''s Chapter 95 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 28, 2012

3 by Komlan_6 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.