Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 26, 2013 1:24 AM
Jun 2013
Nickelback Sucks!
Jul 10, 2013 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the chibi characters during the credits :D
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Jul 11, 2013 12:47 AM

Nov 2010
Such a stupid movie. The enemy is the same old bad guy who does things because of revenge and thinks what he is doing is justice right until the moment the main character defeats him.

And of course Luffy can only defeat him on the third enounter even though he couldn't touch Z (what a "cool" name btw) the first two times and none of them got any stronger/weaker.

And why the fuck not send all the Navy admirals to the third End Point if it's so important? How stupid can they be?

"He destroyed the first one, let's send all the fodder marines to the second one so he can kill them all!"
"Damn, he destroyed the second one too, if he destroys the third one as well, the world will be destroyed! Let's send even more useless marines while the strong guys sit here in this room and talk!"

Seriously.

Other really important things were buying hipster clothes for everyone, and spending time talking about how awesome those guns and swords were which the crew got at the end. They were so useful, I don't even know what they would have done without them!

5/10
Jul 11, 2013 7:25 AM

Jun 2008
AdolChristin said:
Such a stupid movie. The enemy is the same old bad guy who does things because of revenge and thinks what he is doing is justice right until the moment the main character defeats him.

And of course Luffy can only defeat him on the third enounter even though he couldn't touch Z (what a "cool" name btw) the first two times and none of them got any stronger/weaker.

And why the fuck not send all the Navy admirals to the third End Point if it's so important? How stupid can they be?

"He destroyed the first one, let's send all the fodder marines to the second one so he can kill them all!"
"Damn, he destroyed the second one too, if he destroys the third one as well, the world will be destroyed! Let's send even more useless marines while the strong guys sit here in this room and talk!"

Seriously.

Other really important things were buying hipster clothes for everyone, and spending time talking about how awesome those guns and swords were which the crew got at the end. They were so useful, I don't even know what they would have done without them!

5/10

Haha, my thoughts exactly. This was no different from Naruto/Bleach movie.
Jul 12, 2013 9:43 PM

Apr 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
I hope Kuzan's injuries are real, that's pretty cool to have that burn and ice leg.
They have to be real. Some nasty scars from his battle with Akainu...I thought it was interesting that they didn't show his face. I don't think we've even seen a full view in the manga yet either?

Overall this movie wasn't all that impressive, but it was fun and the ties to the main story made it worth watching. Great stuff with Kuzan especially. And the Pacifista! They look like drugged up Hordy from a distance.

Z turned out to be a cool guy too. I certainly didn't expect him to have such influence over the marines, or such a beautiful death. So yeah I'm very satisfied with this movie. I'd also agree that it was much better than Strong World~
MonochromeJul 12, 2013 9:59 PM
Jul 12, 2013 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
i stop watching One Piece but this movie was great those sakuga action scenes in the end are all awesome, glad the hype about this movie is not disappointing at all 8/10
Jul 13, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2011
Just re-watched this. It was awesome again and I'm pretty sure there is nothing that I missed or skipped over. The Marine anthem playing at the end coupled with Z's final stand got me again... especially Dobberman. Then we see Aokiji and his Z's Nakama at the grave... then Z as a child too...

One Piece. It still has its moments.
Kayaba-Sep 26, 2014 2:56 PM
Jul 14, 2013 1:42 AM

Jun 2011
AdolChristin said:

Seriously.

5/10

Which is why this is overrated, just because of the visual. Strong World is better.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 16, 2013 9:46 AM
Feb 2012
Even though it's the third time I've seen it, the ending gets me every time.

Farewell, Z-sensei.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 16, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2011
It's been a long time since I've seen such a good and entertaining movie.

-Zephyr was good character.
-Pretty straight-forward and simple story. As expected from a One Piece movie.
-The animation was great though a bit choppy at times.
-The sound was okay. I'm not a fan of Avril Lavigne but I really liked her for the ending.
-The battle scenes were nice. I would've liked to see more of the crew but there's only so much they can do in a movie.

My favorite One Piece movie so far. 9/10
Jul 17, 2013 12:56 PM

Jun 2012
not a fantastic movie but i enjoyed the fight scenes xD

I just liked seeing Kiazru and Aokiji, would have been cool for those 2 to fight >.<

I didn't go into expecting a good story, if you did you are retarded.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 11, 2013 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
God this movie was good beter than all the new shippuden movies
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 11, 2013 9:21 AM

Dec 2008
Great movie. The last scene made me tear up. Touching ;___;

Preferred this to Strong World.
Aug 15, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2011
One of my top favorite One Piece movie out of the franchise. Z was a interesting concept, knowing behind details of the marine and showing how strong Luffy has became. Thought old age and plot device allow Z to do what he wanted for so long. Zoro was powered down in this movie, however overall its an enjoyable family movie.

What reminds me of Fairy Tail in this movie was loli nami = naturally loli Wendy

loli Chopper = Happy. LOL
vansonbeeAug 15, 2013 8:47 AM
Aug 17, 2013 1:59 AM
Oct 2007
The best One Piece movie thus far. Strong World did not even come close for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2013 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
Lots of flaws, but was entertaining nonetheless. 8/10.
Aug 17, 2013 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
Z is a badass! Though, I did expect a lot from this film. I wouldnt say I'm disappointed.

The animation was top-notch (though theres sometimes derpy faces).

The only problem I gotta say is the lack of duration in fights.. its too short...

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 20, 2013 5:18 PM
Aug 2011
Z is pretty much is your standard shounen fare bad guy is bad because his life got shat on by a string of negative events, but I did like him more than Shiki.

There was some points that had me facepalming but I have to say that I enjoyed this more than Strong World.
Also partly because Aokiji is just so damn awesome. I can't.

Aww Oda's doodles of all the precious OP babies at the end credits. It's so nice to see them in color.

AdolChristin said:
...he couldn't touch Z (what a "cool" name btw)

His name is the thing you nitpick on?
I'll make a mental note about you and the fact that you like to piss on childhood imagination.
Aug 22, 2013 3:21 AM

Apr 2011
This is my first experience watching One Piece, though I know a fair amount about the series just from being an anime fan and having exposure to the series. I have to say I enjoyed it, especially Loli Nami (taking her from appealing to the oppai fans to appealing to the Ro-Kyu-Bu crowd) and the 3D cel artwork. The animation was simply amazing in some of the fights, and Z was a freaking badass. Luffy also showed off some shonen badassery, I'm pretty impressed with him as the Goku of the show.

4/5, nothing world-shaking (other than almost blowing up the planet), but good fun.
Aug 24, 2013 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
OMG the sea train brings so much old memories from the past arc!

Zoro looked really chic on those eyeglasse, you would'nt think he's that tough or something. XD

I'm getting old or something, so 7/10. XP
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 1, 2013 3:06 AM

Oct 2009
Dam the animation and music was just freaking awesome!!!

The plot needed more work though, also the i was kinda dissapointed by the battles, deffinitely not the strongest they've fought. Why was Luffy's Haki of Conquerors pink -.-?? Z even though generic was a great character, you gotta love the sound his hand makes! And dam when Nami and especially Robin changed back dammm¬
Chibi Nami was so cute :3
Some Nostalgia, the Sea Train was just great to see and Aokiji ;)

Hmm maybe it was just me but the ending KINDA felt rushed? I wanted a bit of epilogue :/

Strong World is still the best for me, this is cutting it very close though :D
Next movie when?!!

8.7/10
AozureSep 1, 2013 3:19 AM
Sep 28, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2013
Awesome movie.
i love the animation and plot. and also the OST

best one piece movie yet.
Oct 27, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2011
Dizzee said:
AdolChristin said:

Seriously.

5/10

Haha, my thoughts exactly. This was no different from Naruto/Bleach movie.

What is this garbage that I just read?
Nov 24, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2012
This was more than an excellent adaption to the One Piece series, definitely one of my favorite anime movies so far. It was well balanced when considering the One Piece series and the animation itself was simply amazing, add to that a badass villain with a great back-story, some smexy outfits for the entire Straw Hat crew and to top it off they had the perfect ending credits songs XD
Jan 5, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
-Damn! I really love it when Luffy uses Conquror's Haki!

-Oh look! it happened again! Luffy and the others would have to be defeated before they win and this time they got defeated twice.. its always like this.

-Interesting backstory that Z have..

-Those red outfits suit them well and it looks cooler and way better than the usual ones. They should wear that in the series too.

-Great animation, great action scenes, good ending. All in all it was very entertaining. Also loved the ED.

-8/10
Feb 5, 2014 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
the ending was tear jerking, z is a great character. interesting plot. lol at sexy fire. overall 9/10
Feb 21, 2014 7:29 PM

May 2009
Not as good as people say. The fights were meh.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Mar 20, 2014 6:39 PM

Mar 2008
DoFlamingoSmile said:
9988 said:
Pretty good movie.

I liked more Strong World.

How Nami was kidnapped, the message she left and how we get to hear it at the end, we all were almost at tears in the cinema.

However as villain Z was even likeable. Zephyr vs Luffy was good in another way -romanticism- compared to Luffy vs Shiki which was was epic.

OP Z was pretty good.

Toan-kun said:
Battles weren't that epic but overall I enjoyed the movie.
Wanted to see epic fights where the crew could show badass skills.
I also wanted to see more sexy Nami lol. Kid please go away I want my curves haha.

Exactly, fights in Film Z were not epic, in this aspect strong world was better. And fanfare song was amazing.

Still this was good.

Are people serious here? Strong world was better? In what way? Strong world was a pretty good movie but saying that it was better than film z is just retarded . Z characters fleshed out during the movie , he went through lots of development and how his character got his conclusion was great and that was the story of Film z . Compare to Strong world where the villain wasn't anything special , nor he was fleshed out , nor he went through development and nor he got good conclusion and Luffy seemed more powerful then he was . Film z pretty much shits on Strong World.

LOL the person above you answered your question already, did you not read?

------
Anyways, decent movie. Aokiji and Nami (+ Franky) stole the show imo.
Mar 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2011
Well, I feel about this movie, just like I did about Strong World: pretty good, but not nearly as good as I've been told.

The plot just had too many holes, the fights weren't quite satisfying and Z was an almost unbearable character to me.

Still a very entertaining, fun One Piece movie.

7/10
KuchenlightMar 28, 2014 12:40 PM
Mar 27, 2014 1:29 AM

Jul 2009
DoFlamingoSmile said:
9988 said:
Pretty good movie.

I liked more Strong World.

How Nami was kidnapped, the message she left and how we get to hear it at the end, we all were almost at tears in the cinema.

However as villain Z was even likeable. Zephyr vs Luffy was good in another way -romanticism- compared to Luffy vs Shiki which was was epic.

OP Z was pretty good.

Toan-kun said:
Battles weren't that epic but overall I enjoyed the movie.
Wanted to see epic fights where the crew could show badass skills.
I also wanted to see more sexy Nami lol. Kid please go away I want my curves haha.

Exactly, fights in Film Z were not epic, in this aspect strong world was better. And fanfare song was amazing.

Still this was good.

Are people serious here? Strong world was better? In what way? Strong world was a pretty good movie but saying that it was better than film z is just retarded . Z characters fleshed out during the movie , he went through lots of development and how his character got his conclusion was great and that was the story of Film z . Compare to Strong world where the villain wasn't anything special , nor he was fleshed out , nor he went through development and nor he got good conclusion and Luffy seemed more powerful then he was . Film z pretty much shits on Strong World.
I felt the same way after watching this movie. It pretty much improved over Strong World in every way: better pacing, better animation, a much more interesting villain and background. As for the fights, they feel much more fluid and interesting with a significant improvement in terms of choreography and variety. I also like the fact that the final battle between Luffy and Z didn't result into Luffy using his super mega ultra lightning fist of doom in a dramatic way like in Strong World. That's not epic, it comes up more as laziness to me.

Overall, I feel like Film Z delivers the whole package and gives us everything we'd want in a OP movie: the feeling of adventure, a great sense of camaraderie sprinkled with good comedy, great fights and well timed touching moments. It feels entertaining from start to finish, without Strong World's crippling pace halfway through.
Apr 26, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2013
Better than Strong World... but it's still not a 9 or 10 for me... One Piece movies just really don't do it for me, they feel so rushed, and it can get really boring... the series is just awesome and has an amazing feeling to it, but this? meh..

8/10 though for animation, somewhat decent villain and awesome fights/mood.
May 17, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2012
Great movie, i find this far better than strong world.

Aug 24, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
This was my first One Piece movie, and it was pretty decent.

The whole thing felt like a massive fan-service movie, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. By fan-service I don't just mean hot Robin and loli Nami - stuff like the admiral's screen time and the Straw Hats teaming up with Aokiji can only be described as such. Also the bath scene.

The final fight was pretty underwhelming. I was hoping it would be a bit more epic - at least put some damn music on for it.

The animation was excellent, as expected of a movie. I only wish they'd put a bit more into the main anime (not that I expect the anime to look this good, that's just plain unreasonable).

Pretty entertaining movie overall.
Aug 24, 2014 3:41 PM

Dec 2012
Kittyman said:
Really loved this movie! What stood out to me most-

1. Loli Nami was freaking adorable.
2. Scene where Nami, Robin, and Brook turned back was quite funny. Especially Brook.
3. Chopper was super adorable during whole movie.
4. Sanji and Zoro were epic as always. Hardly challenged.
5. Aokiji is way more damaged than I expected.
6. Ending credit sequence was awesome, showing the Strawhats, Shibukai, and SuperNovas as kids.
7. Luffy's final fight was nice, but it got more funny than serious near the end. ^_^

10/10 for me!
Sep 26, 2014 6:37 AM

Dec 2008
This was a nice movie, the character Zephyr "Z" was great. The fighting scenes for top notch, specially the ones set near the volcano towards the end.
Nov 7, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
It's a solid film. To me, it's not better or worse than Strong World. They are about the same to me.

I don't think anything will ever top movie 6 though.
Dec 23, 2014 6:40 PM
Dec 2014
I'm a huge One Piece fan but I'm not that impressed by the movie as others. The animations were pretty cool and the soundtracks too but the plot wasn't anything special and the fights were kinda boring..
Jan 12, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty good movie 8/10

Jan 13, 2015 5:15 AM

Feb 2013
I was expecting more from this. Maybe Strong World will be better.

7/10
Jan 14, 2015 5:52 AM

Jul 2014
The best One Piece movie. Nothing more to say.
Aug 27, 2015 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
Honestly, i found it kinda boring..
actually i liked Strong World more
3/5
Jan 10, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
Awesome movie, that was absolutely epic! Loved it!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Mar 19, 2016 6:09 AM

Feb 2015
Nice to see best admiral in action, it was a good movie but not as good as movie 6, the ending sequence was really cool and I really liked the Zoro fight.

Robin at 18:

High 6 or low 7 out of 10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
I personally liked Strong World better, maybe because it was more fun and beautiful~
But this one carried a wonderful message and totally touched my heart - yet not as strongly as other things in One Piece did. Who knows, maybe it was Z's not-as-touching-as-it-was-supposed-to-be background, or the way he suddenly changed his belief at the end - I mean, a man who's determined as hell to take down all the pirates suddenly gets swayed just by Luffy's determination? We all know how strong it is, but it feels like they exaggerated it. Also, he got defeated so many times just to suddenly overpower Z at the end? Ok maybe that's not too far-fetched and I know, I know, I'm starting to get overly critical here :P I'll stop
All in all, it was a beautiful One Piece movie and nobody can deny tha--

OHHH the endingggggggggggggg with everyone as smol children! THAT was worth all the time lololo~

PS: Zoro's fight was way cooler in Strong World D': ASURA ftw
May 4, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2010
I cried a lot. The best One Piece movie in my opinion. I feel so sorry for Z.... ;______;
Jun 8, 2016 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
Much better than Strong World

I see the animation and art and I'm lovin it but I'm also sad that the TV show is nowhere near as good looking as that. I just want it and pacing was good it had the feel of One Piece before the two year skip. I wish thy'd fix it up and make it at least half as good as it but it'll never happen.

Z was acool character and that song man, very nice, epic and sad.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 30, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2015
I'm beginning to like aokiji a bit more whenever I see him post timeskip. Aokiji has some crazy scars and I cannot believe he lost his leg to Akainu, I bet akainu is pretty fucked up and thats why we only see his fist.

Young Chopper is too cute. Luffys scar is lot bigger than usual. Garp looked so badass when he was younger.

Holy shit, Luffys Conqueror Haki scene was amazing, this is how its should be in the tv show.

Yesss return of General Franky!! Final fight was really well animated, esp Zoro and Sanji's fight.

Ending hit me in the feels, credits were pretty cool, nice seeing the younger versions of some of the charactere
Aug 2, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2015
Definitely enjoyed this one, best movie alongside Strong World for sure! The antagonists were interesting and there was never a boring moment. It's never fun to see Luffy win all the time and he indeed was bested twice out of three.

Also, Robin fanservice was delightful and little Nami was different!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 12, 2016 5:28 PM
Nov 2012
ehh, kid nami had short hair, they messed up^'
Aug 31, 2016 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
Good movie. Had a great time watching this definitely up there with strong wrong imo :)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» This film is a complete fail.

lupadim - Aug 1, 2013

18 by YoshiYogurt »»
Jan 9, 11:18 PM

» order

DerpySven - Dec 3, 2023

5 by neowise27 »»
Dec 3, 2023 6:24 PM

» WHO IS DUMB ENOUGH TO DISRESPECT THIS MOVIE?

Bronos23 - Aug 19, 2018

5 by Krishvanza123456 »»
Oct 26, 2022 9:07 AM

» Is this spoiler-free?

shady_raisin - Jan 3, 2022

5 by removed-user »»
Aug 6, 2022 4:43 AM

» Can I watch this movie without watching Fishman island arc.

Krishvanza123456 - Aug 26, 2021

5 by GreedAVO »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.