Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2012 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat spectral visuals with a naked Satoru strange insight.

More fights against those rat creatures this time as well. Lol, this shit never ends. The war against the rat creatures and moles along with the soundtrack was a nice watch though.

Interesting ending as well.

Stark700Nov 2, 2012 9:43 AM
Nov 2, 2012 10:26 AM
Nov 2012
Wait no preview for episode 7?
Nov 2, 2012 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
kpk10 said:

Noticed that as well. Usually when that happens, something significant happens that episode.

It's been Saki and Satou the last two episodes now. Wonder how the others are doing...
Nov 2, 2012 11:31 AM
Nov 2012
Elite60 said:
kpk10 said:

Noticed that as well. Usually when that happens, something significant happens that episode.

It's been Saki and Satou the last two episodes now. Wonder how the others are doing...

rodacMar 16, 2014 11:28 PM
Nov 2, 2012 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
the music in this episode was ace
Nov 2, 2012 1:19 PM

Mar 2009
kpk10 said:
I'm guessing episode 7 will be the last before the time skip...

That was my conclusion also.

Good to see the animation back to the pre-episode-five standard. Got a bit trippy though, early in the episode.
Nov 2, 2012 6:51 PM

Dec 2010
Good use of powers and also much better animation than the disaster that occurred last episode.
Nov 2, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2012
OMG! such a good ep and will definitely win back some fans
Nov 2, 2012 7:00 PM
Sep 2012
wtf was that in the beginning? For a minute there I though I had inhaled some of that poison gas from the last episode.

Wow, Satoru was a boss in this episode. Who knew that Satoru can be so ruthless?

Saki can be pretty useful for a 10/12 year old without any powers and is it me or is anyone a little suspicious of those mole rats after they led them down that dangerous path?

Great episode. Can't wait to see how he deals with the hoard next week the next week.
IconicNov 2, 2012 8:04 PM
Nov 2, 2012 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
what was wrong with Satoru while saki was trippin'. He suddenly went from ok to some kind of wreck..
Was certainly an odd sequence, I'll have to look at it again.
Nov 2, 2012 7:25 PM
Nov 2012
Shoujo_Q said:
kpk10 said:
I'm guessing episode 7 will be the last before the time skip...

That was my conclusion also.

Good to see the animation back to the pre-episode-five standard. Got a bit trippy though, early in the episode.

Great job Aidoru! You are the kings!!!!
Nov 2, 2012 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
This episode felt like 5 minutes
Glad that the old style is back

I just can't stop thinking that the rats intentionally guide them through that dangerous path so that they can annihilate the tarantulas along the way

And btw..

Stark700 said:

God I love that smile
Nov 2, 2012 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Whooo! Great episode, made my day, the music and animation were awesome. Yea I think ep.7 will be the last before timeskip, which happens soon after they return.
Nov 2, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2009
I think this episode is kinda disappointing, so many irrelevant things like how did they get the power back, and tbh this episode was a mess when they suddenly escaped and start slaughtering.

Satorou was a meh, and either was Saki, she spoke some nonsense stuffs then Satorou got the power back. These animations were poorly done, like those trees flied around seems silly to me. So instead of getting the power to find the other, they chose to use it to wage a war, with silly reasoning like " it's better use for offense". And how Satorou kept being stubborn and said they had no other choices.

Stark700 said:

Dat spectral visuals with a naked Satoru strange insight.

that was not satorou, its Shun.
Nov 2, 2012 8:00 PM
Nov 2012
SarahBillyBoy said:
This episode felt like 5 minutes

To me every episode in this series feels like it's 5 minutes long...

I wish every episode was at least 40 minutes, but... Oh well.
Nov 2, 2012 8:01 PM
Nov 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Satorou was a meh, and either was Saki, she spoke some nonsense stuffs then Satorou got the power back.

She returned his mantra, which is how the power is locked by the temple.
Nov 2, 2012 8:05 PM

Nov 2009
smcn said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Satorou was a meh, and either was Saki, she spoke some nonsense stuffs then Satorou got the power back.

She returned his mantra, which is how the power is locked by the temple.

I knew that she returned his mantra back, but the thing I didn't know that she has the power to do so, and why she didn't use it sooner after the monk was killed so she could return everyone's mantra back.
Nov 2, 2012 8:08 PM

Sep 2012
Most enjoyable episode yet.

Takana_no_Hana said:
I knew that she returned his mantra back, but the thing I didn't know that she has the power to do so, and why she didn't use it sooner after the monk was killed so she could return everyone's mantra back.

She only knows Satoru's mantra. That's what the classroom scene was about. Not sure why she didn't do it earlier, maybe the idea never crossed her mind.
Nov 2, 2012 8:14 PM
Sep 2012
Wild_Boy said:
Most enjoyable episode yet.

Takana_no_Hana said:

She only knows Satoru's mantra. That's what the classroom scene was about. Not sure why she didn't do it earlier, maybe the idea never crossed her mind.
Not sure why Saki didn't bother to ask Satoru to do the same to her when they still relatively safe after they first came out of that hole. It would have made things a lot easier on the both of them had she done that.
Nov 2, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Not sure why Saki didn't bother to ask Satoru to do the same to her when they still relatively safe after they first came out of that hole. It would have made things a lot easier on the both of them had she done that.

I hadn't thought about that. That whole first scene was really beyond me, what with Saki tripping out and Satoru having some sort of weird breakdown.
Nov 2, 2012 8:21 PM
Sep 2012
Wild_Boy said:
AiCon said:

I hadn't thought about that. That whole first scene was really beyond me, what with Saki tripping out and Satoru having some sort of weird breakdown.
lol For a minute there I thought that I had inhaled some LSD. That scene was just so random and those library animals coming out of Satoru was pretty funny.
Nov 2, 2012 8:24 PM

May 2011
Each time I sit down to watch an episode of this anime, when the ending song start I'm like... WTH it's been 20 minutes already!?!

Seems like Satoru just want to slaughter them once Saki gave him his power back lol... I'm wondering why he doesn't seem to react to the killing in any way. Or is it because it doesn't apply to those little 'Nezumi' guys. He seemed fucking tired near the end tho and I'm thinking all of this was some kind of plot to make them do all the work. I felt like the scene were too fast one after the other but I guess they wanted to make it quick too... maybe.

I don't really get why Satoru seemed fine in the beginning and then he suddenly looked like he wasn't feeling good at all... Maybe that was just me but, I didn't really get it.
Good thing Saki knew his Mantra. He's pretty badass with his power =P
Nov 2, 2012 8:29 PM
Sep 2012
Bouum said:
Each time I sit down to watch an episode of this anime, when the ending song start I'm like... WTH it's been 20 minutes already!?!

Seems like Satoru just want to slaughter them once Saki gave him his power back lol... I'm wondering why he doesn't seem to react to the killing in any way. Or is it because it doesn't apply to those little 'Nezumi' guys. He seemed fucking tired near the end tho and I'm thinking all of this was some kind of plot to make them do all the work. I felt like the scene were too fast one after the other but I guess they wanted to make it quick too... maybe.

I don't really get why Satoru seemed fine in the beginning and then he suddenly looked like he wasn't feeling good at all... Maybe that was just me but, I didn't really get it.
I think the reason why Satoru could kill like that is because the priest saw those mole rats as living beings while Satoru didn't. Of course, Satoru still has that genetic programming so after killing all those mole rats he started to feel the effects. That and he's probably just really tired from using all those powers almost non-stop.
Nov 2, 2012 8:29 PM

May 2011
Wild_Boy said:
AiCon said:

He didn't know HER Mantra. She cheated to see his ;)

And yeah... I know what part you are talking about, I didn't know what happened there either lol He was fine and then turned all depress.
Nov 2, 2012 8:30 PM

Aug 2012
this is what i though happened, when saki and satoru were in the class room chatting satoru didn't see what saki's word was but saki saw satorus after she used lead to see it printed on the piece of paper. that's why saki could awaken his but he couldn't awaken hers. i dunno that's just what i thought and it probably only occurred to saki after the library monster appeared and probably put the memory back in her head. but that's just my opinion, correct me if im wrong, yadiyadiyadda.
Nov 2, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Bouum said:

And yeah... I know what part you are talking about, I didn't know what happened there either lol He was fine and then turned all depress.

Yeah but she could have just told him what her mantra was then and there in the cave. There must be something we all seem to have missed that explains why they didn't just do that.

Edit: Do they forget their mantra when they have their powers taken away? That would make sense.
Nov 2, 2012 8:36 PM
Sep 2012
Bouum said:
Wild_Boy said:
AiCon said:

BunnyKing said:
this is what i though happened, when saki and satoru were in the class room chatting satoru didn't see what saki's word was but saki saw satorus after she used lead to see it printed on the piece of paper. that's why saki could awaken his but he couldn't awaken hers. i dunno that's just what i thought and it probably only occurred to saki after the library monster appeared and probably put the memory back in her head. but that's just my opinion, correct me if im wrong, yadiyadiyadda.
You both realize that Saki could have easily told Satoru what her mantra was and have him say those words to give Saki her powers back.
Wild_Boy said:
Bouum said:

Yeah but she could have just told him what her mantra was then and there in the cave. There must be something we all seem to have missed that explains why they didn't just do that.

Edit: Do they forget their mantra when they have their powers taken away? That would make sense.
Darn. Beat me to it.
Nov 2, 2012 8:41 PM

May 2011
AiCon said:
Wild_Boy said:
Bouum said:

Darn. Beat me to it.

Would be way to easy to just tell each other their own mantra to have their power back when the Priest took them so I'm pretty sure... like you said, they probably forgot their Mantra when they lost it. It would make sense. That's what I thought at first but I'm not sure if I just assumed that was the case or if they actually said something related to that.
Nov 2, 2012 8:45 PM
Sep 2012
Bouum said:
AiCon said:
Wild_Boy said:
Bouum said:

Darn. Beat me to it.

Would be way to easy to just tell each other their own mantra to have their power back when the Priest took them so I'm pretty sure... like you said, they probably forgot their Mantra when they lost it. It would make sense. That's what I thought at first but I'm not sure if I just assumed that was the case or if they actually said something related to that.
But Saki did know her mantra. She wanted to show it to Satoru back at the classroom but didn't since Satoru didn't want to share his. She didn't want to be the only one to be sharing.
Nov 2, 2012 8:48 PM

May 2011
AiCon said:
But Saki did know her mantra. She wanted to show it to Satoru back at the classroom but didn't since Satoru didn't want to share his. She didn't want to be the only one to be sharing.

Yeah but... No. Not what I meant. I mean... I'm thinking She forgot her own Mantra when the Priest took their Power from them. Making it impossible for them to get it back.. I'm guessing it is unusual to tell someone your Mantra. They showed us the Scene in the Classroom to explain why she knows Satoru's Mantra.
Nov 2, 2012 8:49 PM

Nov 2008
Awesome episode. Like some, I feel like its always too short. Satoru did a great job, and yeah, they most likely do forget their mantras, so they can't do much to get it back unless someone else knows it. That's most likely the reason their not allowed/supposed to tell anyone what they are, so someone else can't just give it back to them.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Nov 2, 2012 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
I see a lot of discussions here already, but I start to get lost about which question gets answered and which not. If someone can summarize what they still want to clarify, post a summary and I'll see if I can answer them.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 2, 2012 8:52 PM
Sep 2012
Bouum said:
AiCon said:

Yeah but... No. Not what I meant. I mean... I'm thinking She forgot her own Mantra when the Priest took their Power from them. Making it impossible for them to get it back.. I'm guessing it is unusual to tell someone your Mantra. They showed us the Scene in the Classroom to explain why she knows Satoru's Mantra.
I doubt it since Saki remembered herself writing it down in that classroom scene. If she really did forget then why didn't we see her talking to herself about forgetting?
Nov 2, 2012 8:53 PM
Oct 2009
symbv said:
I see a lot of discussions here already, but I start to get lost about which question gets answered and which not. If someone can summarize what they still want to clarify, post a summary and I'll see if I can answer them.

what was the trance that Satoru and Saki were under during the first scene in the episode and how did Saki use this to restore Satoru's power?
Nov 2, 2012 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:

Any significance behind the out of the blue mind tripping at the beginning of the episode leading into Saki restoring Satoru's Cantus?

I think the main theory that needs to be validated is does one loose memory of their "mantra" once it has been taken away? Saki was able to give Satoru his Cantus back because she recalled his from a memory but he is unable to give Saki hers back through the same means because nobody (including herself) know it? Additionally, does anyone have the power to bestow or return a Cantus to an individual because I would figure that would be a "master" like art? How is Satoru escaping the death feedback phenomena or is his being "tired" in fact that feedback that we saw the Monk experience.

Aside from that, the pace of this episode was pretty quick. The mind tripping at the beginning of the episode was weird. Suddenly trapped to wiping out hoards of foes. That talking rat is super shady man.
IZEROIINov 2, 2012 9:02 PM
Nov 2, 2012 8:55 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Nice of you to join us.

Basically were wondering why Saki didn't ask Satoru to bring back her powers like she did with his?

Why didn't Satoru feel anything like the priest did when he was killing all those mole rats?

What was that weird mind trip thing that Saki experienced in the beginning?
Nov 2, 2012 8:56 PM
Sep 2012
<font><font>Aicon</font></font> said:
Bouum said:

I think the reason why Satoru could kill like that is because the priest saw those mole rats as living beings while Satoru didn't. Of course, Satoru still has that genetic programming so after killing all those mole rats he started to feel the effects. That and he's probably just really tired from using all those powers almost non-stop.

I think Satoru's tired because he is using too much energy (he needs to rest). They can not cause physical pain to another human, but I do not think that applies to rats.

I guess Saki forgot her own mantra.
Nov 2, 2012 9:00 PM
Sep 2012
Konja6 said:
<font><font>Aicon</font></font> said:
Bouum said:

I think Satoru's tired because he is using too much energy (he needs to rest). They can not cause physical pain to another human, but I do not think that applies to rats.

I guess Saki forgot her own mantra.
I do agree that he's tired but if what you posted above is true then why is it that the priest suffered every time he killed those mole rats?
Nov 2, 2012 9:03 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
I do agree that he's tired but if that's true then why is it that the priest suffered every time he killed those mole rats?

Because they triggered that mechanism in the priest's brain. It doesn't set off for Satoru because he doesn't consider them humanoid lifeforms, or something like that.
Nov 2, 2012 9:06 PM
Sep 2012
Wild_Boy said:
AiCon said:
I do agree that he's tired but if that's true then why is it that the priest suffered every time he killed those mole rats?

Because they triggered that mechanism in the priest's brain. It doesn't set off for Satoru because he doesn't consider them humanoid lifeforms, or something like that.
Oh yeah. I forgot what I said in an earlier post. lol
Nov 2, 2012 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
What an exciting episode, Satoru gets his Juryoku back after some manipulation from Saki and some nice roasting. Still don't trust Squealer at all. Interesting stuff.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 2, 2012 9:14 PM

May 2011
Alright !

So... I was curious and watched the scene where the Priest took their Power and Mantra and he said that they would never again remember their Mantra. Saki couldn't tell Satoru her Mantra because She doesn't remember anymore.

The Class scene happened in the past and she remembered Satoru's Mantra = He got his Power Back
Nov 2, 2012 9:17 PM
Sep 2012
Bouum said:
Alright !

So... I was curious and watched the scene where the Priest took their Power and Mantra and he said that they would never again remember their Mantra. Saki couldn't tell Satoru her Mantra because She doesn't remember anymore.

The Class scene happened in the past and she remembered Satoru's Mantra = He got his Power Back
Uh... I guess that answers that question. Thanks.
Nov 2, 2012 9:18 PM

Jan 2011
Bouum said:
Alright !

That makes sense then. Still curious how it seems like anyone (Saki in this case) who is assumingly knowledgeable of Cantus has the ability or authority to return/bestow a sealed Cantus.
Nov 2, 2012 9:31 PM

May 2011
So no preview this time.

Interesting to see what happen next.
Nov 2, 2012 9:34 PM

Aug 2011
CLIFFHANGERRR HNNNGHHH
Nov 2, 2012 9:34 PM

Mar 2012
Following week will be so long while waiting for the next episode.
Nov 2, 2012 9:35 PM
Nov 2012
Could satarou's change in behavior be due to the new mantra? the priest made them forget their own and she knew it because she sneaked a peek at his, she even said that his hand writing was so sloppy that even if she got s good look at it, she might not fully understand it. maybe she gave him a different mantra than the one he wrote down. Just a thought
Nov 2, 2012 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
Khalan3 said:
Following week will be so long while waiting for the next episode.

it always is.
Nov 2, 2012 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
I think this episode is kinda disappointing, so many irrelevant things like how did they get the power back, and tbh this episode was a mess when they suddenly escaped and start slaughtering.

Satorou was a meh, and either was Saki, she spoke some nonsense stuffs then Satorou got the power back. These animations were poorly done, like those trees flied around seems silly to me. So instead of getting the power to find the other, they chose to use it to wage a war, with silly reasoning like " it's better use for offense". And how Satorou kept being stubborn and said they had no other choices.

I couldnt have put it better.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.