Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2012 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ghost girl is not remembering him and said he shouldn't come to her anymore. According to the girl who can see ghost girl, too, says she tries to avoid something she's sad by being "amnesia".

The guy seems to wanting to give up their goal, and she suggested to forget her. Another girl who cannot see ghost girl is willing to help out.

He's getting better and forgetting her. So according to the girl's friend, she likes him. She made him realized that he likes the ghost girl and he's trying to make her remember him. The confession!! Where he touched first made her remember everything.

The reason behind her amnesia is the dark Yuuko.
tsubasaloverMay 27, 2012 9:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 27, 2012 10:03 AM

Nov 2011

A sad episode with our ghost Yuuko-san as she repetitively asks the haunting question:

Who are you?

Lol'd @ Momoe's priceless face but...I think she's really serious about it.

The beautiful visuals in this episode and the heartwarming soundtrack. Just beautiful.

Loved the ending though, wonder what's going to happen next especially dealing with the "shadow Yuuko"
Stark700May 27, 2012 9:46 PM
May 27, 2012 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
What a stylized confession liked how it ended up with an accidental groping, well I see where the name of the anime came from and why.

May 27, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
It's all coming to together now. Of course, the anime had to throw in the cliché fall on the girl and grope her breasts routine but it worked nicely in this case.
May 27, 2012 5:56 PM

May 2011
I was impressed with the amount of artistic quality they had going throughout the entire episode, not only good for the moments, but absolutely gorgeous!

The tension build up and the confession scene that followed were brilliant, I was not expecting something with so much excitement, this is quality romance! I was slightly turned away from the accidental groping amidst something like this, but this is likely due to the fact that it should not work out in most cases, but it fits unusually well considering the relationship between Teiichi and Yuuko.
May 27, 2012 6:10 PM

Oct 2010
kenshin_sama said:
I was impressed with the amount of artistic quality they had going throughout the entire episode, not only good for the moments, but absolutely gorgeous!

Love this episode and i love your signature i love me some Chi.

Yuuko is the best looking female this season.

Teiichi made me proud this episode.

This the song i want: Nao Hiiragi - Requiem

bonifideMay 28, 2012 7:39 AM
May 27, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
A very well done episode, although...
May 27, 2012 6:24 PM

May 2010
Yuuko so amazing.

Teiichi hittin' a homerun, that's my dawg.
May 27, 2012 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
Some slight, subtle changes from the manga...

When Kirie kids Teiichi about growing her hair and looking like Yuuko, Teiichi is rather pissed at her and she bails out from that very quickly.

And Teiichi's leg was healed by the time of the confession scene, so it was Kirie who physically pushed him into Yuuko, causing the bust-contact and starting Yuuko's memories again.

And one big difference, in the manga Shadow Yuuko shows up at that point to tell Yuuko that she has given back Some of her memories... (with the emphasis on "some")

My guess is that for the anime the writers are making Shadow Yuuko more of an active antagonist in order to set up some sort of defined ending. We'll have to see how well that pans out.

Never-the-less, the overall episode worked rather well.
May 27, 2012 6:35 PM

May 2011
Ah...it's good that Yuuko it's back to normal, along with the confession.

And the dark Yuuko...damn, she's still planning her schemes here.
May 27, 2012 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
The power of groping.
May 27, 2012 7:28 PM

Feb 2012
Did seem a bit fast but was otherwise nicely done and Shadow Yuuko is getting more and more important.
May 27, 2012 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
Kurogashi said:
The power of groping.
Right! haha
I always knew Teiichi had it in him... Now the question is if ghosts can have sex... hahaha Think about it, he touches her and doesn't go through her... I wonder what his sperm would do, scientifically? :3 It's an interesting question we won't get the answer to but it's still there :)

It appears that Shadow Yuuko has lots of malice towards Kirie... It felt a bit different when I was reading the manga but the way the anime set it up feels deep seated if you ask me.
May 27, 2012 8:01 PM

Dec 2011
Amusing, but fondling Yuuko was kind of an anticlimactic way to return her memories.
May 27, 2012 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
Skelington said:
Amusing, but fondling Yuuko was kind of an anticlimactic way to return her memories.

considering that was pretty much what they did for a while...it was pretty sufficient.
May 27, 2012 8:20 PM

Dec 2010
It was awesome to see this scene animated as it was one of the better parts of the manga imo; the artistic animation did a great job with it.
May 27, 2012 8:25 PM

Jul 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
It was awesome to see this scene animated as it was one of the better parts of the manga imo; the artistic animation did a great job with it.
It lacked the impact of the manga had Shadow Yuuko say to Ghost Yuuko when the memories were returned.
May 27, 2012 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
DuroDeMatar said:
A very well done episode, although...

Yeah I was waiting for that moment.
They pretty much changed the whole chapter ._.
Well I guess it was necessary to fit it in one episode.
May 27, 2012 9:22 PM
Oct 2010
this couldve counted for a final ep
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 27, 2012 9:45 PM

Nov 2011
Kurogashi said:
The power of groping.

Yuuko-san approves
May 27, 2012 9:47 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder how many will feel disappointed?
May 27, 2012 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
Lmao at the groping to remember. I was hoping for a kiss though instead :(.
Also, Shadow yuko be back again. She creeps the fuck out of me. T-T.
TyrelMay 27, 2012 10:30 PM
May 27, 2012 9:49 PM

Jul 2009
KingCez said:
Nope, it lacks conclusion. They formed their relationship on the idea of wanting to know each other but Teiichi has learned like zilch about Yuuko... He has learned of part of the event that lead to her death but that's not Yuuko, that's part of her suffering.
May 27, 2012 10:02 PM

Dec 2010
kyled00m said:
KingCez said:
Nope, it lacks conclusion. They formed their relationship on the idea of wanting to know each other but Teiichi has learned like zilch about Yuuko... He has learned of part of the event that lead to her death but that's not Yuuko, that's part of her suffering.

It does lack conclusion; but i don't see a good stopping point either; at this point i can only picture an original ending.
May 27, 2012 10:30 PM
Jan 2011
so did any1 know whats the insert song title?
May 27, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2011
Mochidzuki said:
so did any1 know whats the insert song title?

Choir Jail by Konomi Suzuki
May 27, 2012 10:34 PM
Jan 2011
insert song! > < is it part of that song? D:
May 27, 2012 11:12 PM
May 2012
If you mean the song that starts around 16.36 (when he "runs" away from okonogi to the part he confess to yuuko) its not in the op.

Anyone that knows it?
May 27, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2010
Mochidzuki said:
insert song! > < is it part of that song? D:

It doesnt sound like to me. I posted a video of it on the 1st page of the exact song part.

Watch it be on some drama cd that comes out way longer then the original OST.

Well if anybody wants to download it here you go.
http://www.mediafire.com/?o15ga293hept9ps

bonifideMay 27, 2012 11:24 PM
May 27, 2012 11:51 PM

Dec 2011
The "I love you" was kinda unexpected imo. I feel the writer didn't have to add that in and I feel a bit dissapointed in the anime now.

The term "I love you" is really thrown around so much in anime now that it has lost its meaning.
May 28, 2012 12:04 AM

Dec 2010
Woebegone said:
The "I love you" was kinda unexpected imo. I feel the writer didn't have to add that in and I feel a bit dissapointed in the anime now.

The term "I love you" is really thrown around so much in anime now that it has lost its meaning.

Wouldn't it be the opposite of that...i mean serously, how many anime are there where the person in question just can't spit it out...

As for your disappointment, while you are entitled to your taste i think its misplaced; it added to the scene if anything else, there is nothing wrong with someone realizing their feelings; after all while its cliche people can't help how they feel, and if anything that's realistic since confessions are used all over the place in real life
May 28, 2012 12:05 AM
Jan 2011
bonifide T^T if u get to know the title let me know please
May 28, 2012 12:35 AM
Feb 2012
Damn what a beautiful episode. I shed manly tears.

The first half was so hard to watch with Niiya apparently trying to forget about Yuuko and her trying to get his attention (the incident during P.E.). Even Kirie tried to remember Niiya about what's really important to him but still nothing... and then it took him one small note to realize who's the person he really loves and needs and from then on the scenes were heartbreakingly awesome. I don't want to say more so watch it for yourself guys and enjoy it as much as I did.
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia really moved me this week. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 28, 2012 12:53 AM

May 2010
What a beautiful Episode such vivid animations, nice backdrop, beautful soundtrack,

Kinda a sad episode but a heartwarming ending,

Finally Teiichi Let that Big ol cat out the bag

at the end for some reason "Hoobastank The Reason" came to mind for me

anyway Great episode
May 28, 2012 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Woebegone said:
Not really. I understand how 好き (suki) is overused but 愛してる (aishiteru) literally means "I love you" and it's barely used. Suki can also refer to like rather than romance though so it becomes easily overused. A major angle used for finding out if someone likes you is asking if they dislike you or like you which both uses suki... If you want to argue suki meaning love overused in anime then I'd guess you have to really look through everything more than once and find the undertones of every sentence. You'd also have to consider if it's romantic love or family love @_@ (talk about confusing! :D don't you love words with multiple meanings!)

On the same note... I'm not sure whether his feelings for Yuuko are deep friends or romance so ya... this use of 好き, could go either way... I can't even tell if he has romantic feelings for her in the manga... The authors good at fishing it seems! We bit the hook and now we're waiting to be caught ~ :3
May 28, 2012 1:08 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, the way she regained her memories was a bit retarded though.
Shadow Yuko is back, basically another cliffhanger.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 28, 2012 2:03 AM

Oct 2011
dbaranyi said:
Some slight, subtle changes from the manga...

Well, they managed to botch the reason for Yuuko losing her memories in the first place. So they reiterate the explanation why Yuuko forgets things (splitting off bad memories) but then masterfully manage to ignore what they themselves just said moments earler and let her stay in her miserable state. In the manga Yuuko returns to her cheerful self, with just slight hints of melancholy in certain scenes (an indicator that the hasn't forgotten everything). They've also made Teiichi more whiny and indecisive than necessitated. Unfortunately it's rare that something good comes out of anime episode writers tampering with the original script.

Since the end scene on the roof was massively altered I wonder in which direction the anime will be developed from this point on.
MatthesMay 28, 2012 2:21 AM
May 28, 2012 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
The way it lead to the confession...Just loved it! I am hoping so much for the next episode this made me have a happy mood and also shadow Yuuko, cant wait!!
May 28, 2012 2:20 AM

Mar 2012
Teiichi's confession looked so awful xd. Actually not-bad-not-good episode, but I don't know very well how to watch this anime.
May 28, 2012 3:31 AM

May 2010
This seemed so much like a last episode.I wonder how will they handle the last episode now.,.
May 28, 2012 3:44 AM

Nov 2011
I guess sensation is more worth remembering than words.

Shadow Yuuko's still there...I wonder how this will progress.
May 28, 2012 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
I'm almost inclined to raise this show's score by one after this episode.
The OST and the overall art direction were gorgeous. Plus, that confession was one of the best I ever saw in an Anime... Though I kinda flopped after the breast groping, lol.
May 28, 2012 5:01 AM

Feb 2012
Why didnt they kiss ? D: ( Like they did in the manga )
May 28, 2012 5:11 AM

Oct 2011
Nice episode
I liked the confession scene - somehow it was clumsy but honest (I don't know if it's best word) and in this way it fitted Teiichi's character

maybe it was to easy to get those memories back but in next episode I hope it will be solved
or another solution Shadow Yuuko will also take "human form" and will start living with Kirie XD they fit together so why not
May 28, 2012 6:41 AM

Jan 2012
Boob touching - the best way to remember forgotten people. Well anyway, a decent episode.

May 28, 2012 7:33 AM
Dec 2011
This series has its own form of genius dosnt it? Ogonki looking so happy at the end to find out he was in love with yuuko was priceless. And i wonder if anyone has ever tried breast groping as a cure for amnesia it might just be the answer we're looking for.
May 28, 2012 7:54 AM

Apr 2012
This show keeps improving episode by episode. I can actually say I enjoy watching these episodes now. The anime had a very rocky start but now it seems to have found the right tone for this story and it has figured out how to incorporate the comedy smoothly into the plot. At first the director real seemed uncomfortable with this kind of story but now they've found their footing and the direction has been massively improved.

Once again this episode you could really feel the sadness that is Yuuko's existence, which makes her romance with Teiichi all the sweeter. As Dalek said the confession was so clumsy but perfectly in character for both Teiichi and Yuuko with the icing on the cake being Ogonki's reaction. She's a sweet girl and was genuinely happy for Teiichi even if she doesn't quite understand what is going on. I was glad there was no jealous reaction from her because this fit the character much better.

Anyway, I don't score a show until I finish it but I can safely say that these last couple of episodes have improved the score I was thinking about giving it. We'll still have to see how it ends but for now I'm pretty happy with the direction this has been taking.
May 28, 2012 8:00 AM

Sep 2010
Shit got too cheesy.....

And that breast groping.....

3.5/5
May 28, 2012 8:05 AM

Jan 2012
twonline said:
Shit got too cheesy.....

And that breast groping.....

3.5/5

20/10
Meanwhile, in the magical world of anime.

May 28, 2012 8:13 AM
Oct 2011
Cynic1 said:
Why didnt they kiss ? D: ( Like they did in the manga )
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 13, 2012

137 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.