Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 26, 2012 6:49 PM
Nov 2010
I'm greatly enjoying this show so far, I expect to see a satisfying ending to it.
Feb 26, 2012 7:09 PM

Dec 2009
Right now gotta admit I'm quite annoyed. How come Yuuji at the beginning was so powerful that Shana, Margery and Wilhemina couldn't even damage him and now they are giving him a hard time even with the help of Sydonai?

So far it was enjoyable but would be better if Yuuji again regained his status as one of the most powerful characters instead of a punching bag.
Feb 26, 2012 7:18 PM

Feb 2008
i find myself not taking any sides in this conflict....

for a story where there is suppose to be a clear villain, there doesn't actually seem to be one.
Feb 27, 2012 1:08 AM

Jan 2012
Linkark07 said:
Right now gotta admit I'm quite annoyed. How come Yuuji at the beginning was so powerful that Shana, Margery and Wilhemina couldn't even damage him and now they are giving him a hard time even with the help of Sydonai?

So far it was enjoyable but would be better if Yuuji again regained his status as one of the most powerful characters instead of a punching bag.

Because it hasn't been stated why it's that way numerous times =P?
Feb 27, 2012 3:45 AM

Jul 2011
it kinda irks me how people complaining how weak yuji is. It has been explained numerous times in this thread. I would understand if it was 50++ pages , but it's only 3 pages so far. Please do yourself a favor by reading it first before complaining

BTW
i wonder who has the upper hand right now , belpheol said it's too late but shana's smile said the otherwise. hmm.....
Feb 27, 2012 6:07 AM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
As for those saying Yuji is weak; this is just a guess but it seems reasonable enough; that Yuji is using almost all of his power to create the new world thus is weakened, and as pointed out in the last episode forum, he was never trying to fight all out against Shana, just buy time for midnight when the plan comes together. It was also said this episode that it was more difficult than he imaged to control the flow of power or something among those lines; implying he is multitasking while being handicapped (fighting and creating the new world), not exactly a easy scenario. So as for the rings, and all the questions I'm sure they will be answered (or least hope they will be...) when they both reveal there plans, because besides the fact that Yuji wants to create a new world, and Shana wants to stop him we don't know much about the details yet.
I agree with InfiniteDestiny!!! The reason why Yuiji is weak is NOT random! It makes SENSE! Yuiji is not God damned weak! He's using all his bloody power to create a new world! .... Freaking Shana exploiting his weakness -.-

Feb 27, 2012 6:38 AM

Feb 2012
azzyzx said:
it kinda irks me how people complaining how weak yuji is. It has been explained numerous times in this thread. I would understand if it was 50++ pages , but it's only 3 pages so far. Please do yourself a favor by reading it first before complaining

BTW
i wonder who has the upper hand right now , belpheol said it's too late but shana's smile said the otherwise. hmm.....

I think Yuji still has the upper hand, though Shana might changed something... Anyway I'm interested in what Johan and Pheles are planning. Thanks for the pic, Maddo_scientisto!
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 27, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2009
Lots of good replies. Thanks! Things are a bit more clear now.

That said, the power level things still feel wrong. That knife guy who took on Band-aid lady, green explosion lady, and little kid with a pole (forgot their names). 3v1, so why is the guy with the giant spear and Yuji having so much problems, aren't they the commanders/overlords/whatever?

Well nonetheless, I think everybody just wants Yuji to kick some ass, so it's disappointing to see him suddenly get tossed around and being saved left and right. Like what are we, back to season 1/2?
Feb 27, 2012 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
Kurogashi said:
Lots of good replies. Thanks! Things are a bit more clear now.

That said, the power level things still feel wrong. That knife guy who took on Band-aid lady, green explosion lady, and little kid with a pole (forgot their names). 3v1, so why is the guy with the giant spear and Yuji having so much problems, aren't they the commanders/overlords/whatever?

Well nonetheless, I think everybody just wants Yuji to kick some ass, so it's disappointing to see him suddenly get tossed around and being saved left and right. Like what are we, back to season 1/2?

If you are talking about Sabrac, his case is special. First of all he is already ridiculously strong, I would say almost on par with Synodai. However what makes Sabrac so incredibly hard to kill is the fact that the body that is fighting you is pretty much indestructive. You have seen throughout the series how they blow him up, slice him, crush him, only for a new body to regenerate itself and continue the fight.

As long as Sabrac has power to regenerate itself he wont lose. Add the fact that his body and mind could not be separated this time around because otherwise the whole terrain they were fighting on would disappear, and you have the flame hazes in a severe disadvantage.

Notice how once the snake showed up and completely dispelled and removed the ground they were fighting on, Rebecca managed to get a deadly hit on his main body. Combined with the fact that he refused to get aid, he chose to die on the spot. Any other kind of Tomogara taking on an attack like Rebecca threw at him unprotected would most likely suffer the same fate, even if its someone like Synodai.

Shana, Wilhelmina, and Margery are amongst the strongest of the Flame Hazes, they can stand their ground against most opponents on their own. It all depends on the conditions they are fighting on honestly. This is taken straight from the novels:
Shana vol 22 said:
It's not a good idea to fight Sydonay with his spear 'Shintetsu Nyoi' equipped.

However, Shana and the other three Flame Hazes still made this tough decision.

As time was limited, they couldn't use any other cautious methods. However, the kins of the god of creation and their treasure tools have the ability to crush all petty tricks. Thus, they could only fight head on, and look for a slight opening in this tough battle.

Shana, Margery and Wilhelmina are amongst the rare few who can find opens in a fight against Sydonay.

Even so, a few minutes have passed.

During this time, 10 or more ordinary Flame Hazes would be killed in this time.
game8910Feb 27, 2012 4:04 PM
Feb 28, 2012 3:02 PM
Dec 2010
I'm getting concerned by the lack of Shana bath scenes this season. Surely it has to factor in the creation of Xanadu?
Mar 1, 2012 7:09 PM

Apr 2010
I miss the old Shakugan no Shana. Don't like where this ending is going.
Mar 1, 2012 8:04 PM

Jul 2009
I am seriously raging at shana... I don't even care if she dies anymore, that was just going to far. Yuji is doing all of this for her and his loved ones, and they don't respect him whatsoever... I mad.
Mar 2, 2012 7:21 AM

Apr 2009
And now we have another evil cliffhanger on our hands. So there was another God, after all, aside from the God of Creation and the God of Destruction. Most likely a third party to break the deadlock between the two sides. 4 episodes left!
Mar 2, 2012 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
kirby_422 said:
I am seriously raging at shana... I don't even care if she dies anymore, that was just going to far. Yuji is doing all of this for her and his loved ones, and they don't respect him whatsoever... I mad.
I am not a fan of Shana or more like I am an anti-shana fan. But even though what Yuji is doing is what he believe it is for her and for the better world but that doesn't mean Shana has to agree with him. It is not for the matter of right or wrong but a matter of opinion.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 2, 2012 4:18 PM
Jul 2008
WTF!?

Is it just me or am I actually sympathizing with the bad guys!? The "good guys" are apparently talking about slaughter all the "bad people" and they want to "force rules" in this new world Yuji wants to create". The funny moment that made to episode worthwhile is that the bus went. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Mar 3, 2012 10:32 AM

Oct 2010
everbody how whants to know how shakugan no shana will end
can look at my profile
onder the yuji and shana picture is a spoiler button
with the detailed story how its gonna happen
if you whant it from the start where the last episode end
just send me a comment ;P ( tell me what do you think of the end)
Black-FlashMar 3, 2012 11:30 AM
Mar 4, 2012 8:03 AM

Jan 2011
KazukiUchiha said:
I miss the old Shakugan no Shana. Don't like where this ending is going.
kirby_422 said:
confuser987 said:
Is it just me or am I actually sympathizing with the bad guys!? The "good guys" are apparently talking about slaughter all the "bad people" and they want to "force rules" in this new world Yuji wants to create".

I agree with all of this, also is it just me or was Yuji really weak this episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 4, 2012 10:47 AM

Oct 2010
I think at this point, if you're still classifying the two sides as bad guys and good guys, then you're probably missing a crucial point of the series and watching from a frustratingly limited point of view.

I say that, but I still only have the vaguest clue of WTF is going on.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Mar 4, 2012 11:40 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
RobUsaB said:
I think at this point, if you're still classifying the two sides as bad guys and good guys, then you're probably missing a crucial point of the series and watching from a frustratingly limited point of view.

I LOL whenever the words "good guys" and "bad guys" are mentioned.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 4, 2012 11:44 AM

Oct 2007
Isn't this the same way back with Shiki?

Mar 4, 2012 12:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Siva said:

Lol, with Shiki it was a issue of species.

Back in Shiki, MAL users showcased their brilliant genocidal tendencies for all to see. Needless to say, these were some of the most facepalm moment in my experience with MAL. Same when Macross Frontier aired. At least the forums haven't degenerated into 2ch or the standard Yahoo comments... yet.

Here it's mostly:
"I'm cheering for the bad/good guys"
and
"omg why is Yuji so weak!"

Seriously, I can't feel anything but to try to troll people by saying that my brain hurts.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 4, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2011
everyone wil probably love this episode because yoshida exploded inside a van, hooray i guess
Mar 5, 2012 12:50 AM

May 2010
jahern1 said:
I'm getting concerned by the lack of Shana bath scenes this season. Surely it has to factor in the creation of Xanadu?

At least we got the melonbuns. ^_^

feyrisnyannyan said:
everyone wil probably love this episode because yoshida exploded inside a van, hooray i guess

What. 0_o

RobUsaB said:

Quoted for truth.
Mar 6, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2011
Fuck yes go Shana!!! Got really pumped up at the end when she was actually able to break Yuji's shield. Hell yeah she was able to land her spell on that World Egg. I am absolutely loving the way this is going. Hmmm Shana is going reveal her plans next episode, I am excited.

Just what in the world is Pheles planning with the Hyakki Yakou? And what the heck is that item that she has? Looked like it completely shocked Rofocale and it could be that unexpected thing that he was mentioning earlier. I can't frigging wait to see how this part will turn out. I've got a feeling its going to play a huggge role in this.

Watching those Gods of Motherland fight is just awesome.

Just 4 episodes left. :(
Mar 12, 2012 2:32 PM

Mar 2009
Lol, that Shana punch was so Seiya like.
Mar 12, 2012 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
Another trashy episode full of meaningless dialogue and events. Almost every single thing that happened was an empty filler. Looks like this anime is back to being the piece of crap it was for the first 16 episodes.

Why wont JC Staff just die already?
Mar 21, 2012 12:35 AM

Sep 2011
I was on the edge of my seat watching this episode! Going to save the last 4 episodes till the whole series is complete now. :(
Mar 25, 2012 3:45 AM

Mar 2010
somehow it really starts to bore me .. it drags on too much ( no offense im a SnSD lover ) but really I cant rate it a 10 no more ...

but it still is getting interesting
Mar 27, 2012 10:28 PM

May 2010
RobUsaB said:

I say that, but I still only have the vaguest clue of WTF is going on.

I think this series has made it clear that the denizens are not any longer "bad guys", and of course since the main protagonist is Shana, it's also doubtful that she's the "bad guy". That said, this anime does not seem to be pulling a "shades of grey" thing either, it loves to darken the mood as the flame hazes lose and lighten the mood when they win. It emotionally portrays the flame hazes as the good guys while logically portraying the Bel Masque as the good guys. It's sort of like "are the good guys actually good? Oh course they are, so tune in next week to find out their justification for fighting!"

I don't agree with the comparison to Shiki, because that show was very upfront about neither side being moral, and even that no moral option existed (when you think about it, either the vampires all have to die or else they have to continue eating human, instead of choosing what's "good" you have to choose what's "less evil"). Shakugan no Shana isn't really stressing the moral ambiguities, it's more just trying to confuse the viewer to create suspense. If it wanted to be more like Shiki, they'd give the flame hazes a logical reason to fight. And heck, maybe they actually will, maybe Shana's got an amazing plan to make everything better, but the anime's sure been taking its time revealing it.
“Money can't buy dere”
May 11, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Man I got tired of the DBZ aura explosions and energy blasts somewhere half way in the episode. Now I understand why someone could make such a statement of calling shows filled with explosions to be boring.

On to the next episode.
Jun 29, 2012 3:24 PM

Jul 2007
Yey, nice pretty scenery, nice action, pretty colors and explosion effects. But thats bout all i can say bout this episode. I really don't know what to comment on any more since im so lost, they are introducing new concepts to the plot like every episode. We got this god that supposely this one flame haze can summon, some oracle or rather. Just now talked bout. Since when was yuji able to use that new unrestricted spell? Had no idea that thing in the sky was the "world egg" since it was only talked bout in this current episode. When the hell did shana get all those damn rings? What is their purpose and reasoning, so many damn things can be explored in this series. Honestly a season like this can probably be turned into like a 60 episode anime series and would probably be SOO much better because they would be able to actually explore the characters more, explore all the different elements of the story.

anyways, my faith in the show is dwindling lower and lower each episode i watch.
ArtimesGamerJun 29, 2012 3:31 PM

Aug 14, 2012 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
What really annoys me is at the start of the season when Yuji comes face to face with Shana, Wilhelmina and Margery - they are absolutely no match for his power at all.

And now Shana alone and her stupid fire fist can take Yuji down?
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Dec 23, 2012 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
Bullshit. That was full bullshit I would say. These Flame Haze are more selfish than Yuji's plan.

Nov 11, 2013 7:18 AM

May 2007
I hope Shana enjoys fighting for the next 1000 years, that is what she choose wth that grin.
My anime list
Dec 6, 2013 10:42 AM
Mar 2013
Uh oh, it looks like Yuji's plan has failed :(

But I think there is still hope for the new world. The god of creation may be able to do something to fix it, who knows. Anything can happen in 4 more episodes.

Anyway, I'm curious to see the god of guidance's revelation. It will definitely have an impact on the new world Yuji is trying to create that's for sure.
Feb 11, 2014 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
How interesting seems like they will close it all in 4 episodes. Going to leave these 4 episodes for another day but I can't wait to see them.

Tennouji_ said:
Bullshit. That was full bullshit I would say. These Flame Haze are more selfish than Yuji's plan.
mitamaking said:
I hope Shana enjoys fighting for the next 1000 years, that is what she choose wth that grin.
You do realize that the Flame Haze are fighting to protect the future. While Yuji's plan creates safety in one world for just about 1000 years. All flame haze live more than that so they either fight now to protect all the worlds or they fight in 1000 years when it might become impossible to do so.

Well everyone is up to whatever they want to think. I don't really care that much. (Just enough to reply to them :) ).
Apr 9, 2014 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
I still can't figure out what are Shana and the Flame Hazes intention. Also, I didn't understood what was that shield Yuuji poped at the end. But, well, there's a lot of thing I don't understand in that anime xD

What was does ring supposed to do? What was Bel-Peol doing? What the rose Flame Hazes (forgot his name) was talking about requesting the help of ''that god''? Why was Rofocale so surprised by that thing in the car? Was that thing suppose to represent Yoshida? Did Pheles lend her some kind of weird power?

Those weird tiger arm from Sydonay were fucking hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 18, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2013
The ending was quite exiting but the main part felt like a side-story
Oct 30, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2008
I wanna see Bel Peol fight.
Jun 16, 2017 12:51 PM

Nov 2016
Shana went Akainu mode at the end :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 2017 1:44 PM
Aug 2014
Not sure how Yuji's plan is failing after already wiping out most of the Flame Hazes, but it looks like it is thankfully.
Jun 21, 2019 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
Siva said:

@wakka9ca

i could not symphdize with shiki cause they boy proved they don't needvto kill ppl feed on them but they chose to so no symphety

so i sided with the doctot there

Sugram22Jun 21, 2019 9:23 AM
Jun 21, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
Sugram22 said:
Siva said:

@wakka9ca

i could not symphdize with shiki cause they boy proved they don't needvto kill ppl feed on them but they chose to so no symphety

Wow, this is old, like 7 years old.

As for Shiki, it is perfectly fine to pick a side because it is natural to do so. But you shouldn't think that only human did the right thing. Human did the best thing for mankind while Shiki also did the best thing for their kind. It was a two sides collided for the survival.

Jun 28, 2019 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
Siva said:
Sugram22 said:

@wakka9ca

Wow, this is old, like 7 years old.

As for Shiki, it is perfectly fine to pick a side because it is natural to do so. But you shouldn't think that only human did the right thing. Human did the best thing for mankind while Shiki also did the best thing for their kind. It was a two sides collided for the survival.

the boy proved co-existence is possible, but shiki were dumb and chose dumb path that lead to bloodshed, yea humans went nuts to killed even their own, but what u expect of ppl who didn't believe in that sort of stuff and new truth is been slapped at their face suddenly, but all that blood is still on Shiki 90%
Jun 28, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2007
Sugram22 said:
the boy proved co-existence is possible, but shiki were dumb and chose dumb path that lead to bloodshed, yea humans went nuts to killed even their own, but what u expect of ppl who didn't believe in that sort of stuff and new truth is been slapped at their face suddenly, but all that blood is still on Shiki 90%
A single boy proving this mean nothing. Even in real life there are people who can prove that living with a lion/tiger side by side is possible but would you do it yourself? Remember that nurse who got turned into Shiki but she chose death instead of sucking human blood. So yes, there are good Shiki but that is a very rare case and that also mean nothing compare to the population of Shiki. Lets say that both party somehow got into peace treaty. But will it last? I would say no. Shiki is a blood sucking creature. There are billion of human on the planet and there are 151,600 of us dies everyday. It is natural for people to die everyday but for the one who lost their love one they will always try to find something to blame on. And it will only be a matter of time before Shiki has to take all the blame and an all out war will happen. The reason Shiki can never co-exist with Human because Shiki has a weakness, they need human blood. Human will never want to be a food for another creature when they could simply get rid of that creature.

Jun 28, 2019 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
Siva said:
Sugram22 said:
A single boy proving this mean nothing. Even in real life there are people who can prove that living with a lion/tiger side by side is possible but would you do it yourself? Remember that nurse who got turned into Shiki but she chose death instead of sucking human blood. So yes, there are good Shiki but that is a very rare case and that also mean nothing compare to the population of Shiki. Lets say that both party somehow got into peace treaty. But will it last? I would say no. Shiki is a blood sucking creature. There are billion of human on the planet and there are 151,600 of us dies everyday. It is natural for people to die everyday but for the one who lost their love one they will always try to find something to blame on. And it will only be a matter of time before Shiki has to take all the blame and an all out war will happen. The reason Shiki can never co-exist with Human because Shiki has a weakness, they need human blood. Human will never want to be a food for another creature when they could simply get rid of that creature.

the boy who came shiki against hes will and started fighting against them did not feed on humans and said to this buffed shiki guy but he didn't care he admitted that he doesn't want to give up the str they get from blood, with out it they are strong as human, so they care only for power and for that they are willing to kill humans, if they would have been about whats best for their species they would have given up on blood

Jan 28, 2020 6:32 AM

Aug 2017
I still don't know what's going on. Watching in high speed. Shana punched through a shield i think
Dec 1, 2020 11:10 AM

Jun 2017
It is hard to tell which side is going to win at this point. But Shana seems to have gotten the upper hand for now. Yuji's own unrestricted spell was interesting.
Apr 26, 2021 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Well, I guess his weakening by Johann worked.

Still a lot of randomness and mindless fighting though. And I don't like how flame hazes approach is considered the winning one while they are the bad guys too.

I mean, has anyone of them even asked themselves what would happen if they win? And implications of that? They basically don't want to change the status quo. But considering how this series is, they will probably face this question only after the deed.

Meanwhile, Yuuji's small brother (who isn't already dead unlike him) is about to be born (to everyone's surprise no less, hm).
Feb 22, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
I still miss the focus on Shana and Yuuji's relationship back in S1/S2. They introduced 100+ eps. worth of characters in such a short time. This kind of massive clash is good if there were 5 seasons of build up IMO.

I'm curious what game changing plan Shana has though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.