Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So... I though that this ending was kinda stupid? I thought that something was funny due to the fact the 5th movie ended weirdly with Girge's death being on his golem, instead of what happened in the manga. And for those who don't know what that is you should read through the manga to clarify.
DoctorDJun 13, 2011 7:58 PM
Jun 13, 2011 8:36 PM

Aug 2010
That was incredible. I was perfectly fine with the ending, but it feels like it needs more sequels as so many questions are unanswered and the 4 friends problem still has yet to be fully fleshed out. Still, I was very satisfied with the 6th movie.
Jun 13, 2011 9:26 PM

Nov 2009
It was a complete ending but they made it really open in the end specifically saying that he still had something to settle with Zess. The fighting was pretty good, but something felt strange with him fighting against Borcuse out of nowhere. I guess the word i am looking for was a bit rushed.

Weird ending with the Rygart cracking up at least we know that the brother is safe. At this point starting to be glad they didn't do anything with the queen after they were reunited.
Jun 14, 2011 12:48 AM

Jun 2009
I was completely fine with the ending as well. Sure it wasn't great though I think most people saw it coming but that was okay enough for a 6th part movie.

Though I don't understand how Borcuse was defeated. In the final scene, he was shot on the leg part or something and I didn't know who did it. It wasn't Rygart cause all he did was throw that boomerang. It didn't look like it just broke or something.

Anyways good enough ending despite Rygart going all emo for half of the episode much to my chagrin.

8/10
Jun 14, 2011 1:02 AM
Feb 2010
I thought the ending of the 6th was also pretty good but i thought he was laughing cause he "snapped" or something along those lines
Jun 14, 2011 1:20 AM

Jun 2009
Zemro said:
I thought the ending of the 6th was also pretty good but i thought he was laughing cause he "snapped" or something along those lines

I think that laugh is a laugh of relief because he thinks his brother died only to be surprised to see him alive and the first thing he does is scold him.

Add to that, being the battle over with him alive and all hence his laugh.
Jun 14, 2011 1:35 AM

Feb 2009
I seriously don't know what to make out of Rigart's little brother appearing out of nowhere at the end, plus Rygart laughing was really weird, and if you look at the faces of Sigyn and Hodr they are kinda depressed and down when Rygart was laughing at the end and then we get a fade out, credits roll. I personally didn't like the ending, they could have done much more instead of that.

Anyways first 4 movies where very entertaining and good, but the last 2 (5 and 6) failed to delivered and didn't stick to the formula the first 4 had. At least Break Blade had one of the best openings to have come out recently, and the BGM/Score was great. Overall it was entertaining but a big let down at the end.
Jun 14, 2011 3:19 AM

Jan 2010
Zero_sama said:
I seriously don't know what to make out of Rigart's little brother appearing out of nowhere at the end, plus Rygart laughing was really weird, and if you look at the faces of Sigyn and Hodr they are kinda depressed and down when Rygart was laughing at the end and then we get a fade out, credits roll. I personally didn't like the ending, they could have done much more instead of that.

Anyways first 4 movies where very entertaining and good, but the last 2 (5 and 6) failed to delivered and didn't stick to the formula the first 4 had. At least Break Blade had one of the best openings to have come out recently, and the BGM/Score was great. Overall it was entertaining but a big let down at the end.

Exactly what I though as up til 4 it kept to the original. But completely went off track for no apparent reason or trace of why they did that. Still wishing they animated the original end... If they had one, but I think they went with that ending for 5 and 6 due to the fact the manga wasn't complete?
Jun 14, 2011 4:00 AM

Jun 2009
Zero_sama said:
I seriously don't know what to make out of Rigart's little brother appearing out of nowhere at the end, plus Rygart laughing was really weird, and if you look at the faces of Sigyn and Hodr they are kinda depressed and down when Rygart was laughing at the end and then we get a fade out, credits roll.

lol I hope you're not serious. They won.

What is there to be depressed about?
Jun 14, 2011 7:55 AM

Feb 2009
-Quasar said:
Zero_sama said:
I seriously don't know what to make out of Rigart's little brother appearing out of nowhere at the end, plus Rygart laughing was really weird, and if you look at the faces of Sigyn and Hodr they are kinda depressed and down when Rygart was laughing at the end and then we get a fade out, credits roll.

lol I know they "won", but it was poorly executed.

What is there to be depressed about? Well the fact that both sides lost a great number of people/soldiers and that Rygart's village was annihilated.
Jun 14, 2011 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
Zero_sama said:
What is there to be depressed about? Well the fact that both sides lost a great number of people/soldiers and that Rygart's village was annihilated.

~ Village was irrelevant. Hodr only tried to send some his troops in there because of Rygart's brother.
~ All civilians were evacuated.
~ It's a war, soldiers die obviously. Also, they are irrelevant as long as Rygart and the people close to them are safe.
Jun 14, 2011 7:32 PM
Mar 2010
-Quasar said:
Zero_sama said:

~ Village was irrelevant. Hodr only tried to send some his troops in there because of Rygart's brother.
~ All civilians were evacuated.
~ It's a war, soldiers die obviously. Also, they are irrelevant as long as Rygart and the people close to them are safe.

Actually not all civillians were evacuated in Rygart's village. Did u not notice all the dead bodies lying around in the field when Borcuse makes an appearance in front of Rygart?
Jun 15, 2011 9:24 AM

Feb 2011
I like the part where he realises he has to kill more people including Zess. The laugh was pretty good I suppose. Time to read the manga I suppose. Cant get enough of Sigyn <3
Jun 15, 2011 1:02 PM
Apr 2011
oh god. i need to go read the manga. i think the manga would have a clearer end, but all in all this episode was satisfying. it wasn't a complete wrap up, it left it open. by the way... what did zess mean by "im going to find my brother" or something? O.o and i have that feeling that i forgot some promise that the group made before, therefore rygart said he had something to settle with zess.
Jun 15, 2011 8:03 PM
Aug 2010
I thought that the ending was awful. The episode itself was meh and I agree with others, the episodes to 4 were good and 5 and 6 were sorta......., you get the idea.
But the ending didn't feel right. With the briter popping up out of no where and seeing that they had some random uncle and that we never know what Girge said in episode 5. I got to say though, Rygart was really out of character that whole episode, it just didn't feel right and that laugh, oi. I think they made him finally snap at the end cause if you look at this face at the end, it looks just like Borcuse. I might be over thinking, which I may be, but he almost reminds me of Borcuse now.

Maybe they might continue with the series, maybe not. But in the end I better read the manga as that may do a better job to really wrap it up. But I'm glad I watched the series though.
Jun 16, 2011 7:14 AM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:

Won, huh? They defeated the first wave of the invasion while their own army was pretty much destroyed. I'm curious how would they survive the next attack XD

Watercut said:
But the ending didn't feel right. With the briter popping up out of no where and seeing that they had some random uncle and that we never know what Girge said in episode 5. I got to say though, Rygart was really out of character that whole episode, it just didn't feel right and that laugh, oi. I think they made him finally snap at the end cause if you look at this face at the end, it looks just like Borcuse. I might be over thinking, which I may be, but he almost reminds me of Borcuse now.

What do you mean nowhere? We saw him throughout the episode, digging up some roots to get water in the desert, than checking on a defeated golem whether the pilot is alive or not. In the ending it's revealed that he wasn't even in the village when the attack happened, he set out to the capital days before and walked through the desert just like Rygart. Those two are really similar to each other :D
There's no "uncle", it an error in the translation. He was talking about General Badhr (the one with the sunglasses)
I believe Girge said "You really are an irresponsible guy" or something similar.

And I don't think he snapped, he was just relieved that his brother is alright and that they have survived while many did not.
Suginami85Jun 16, 2011 7:18 AM
Jun 16, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2009
-OJ- said:
-Quasar said:

Won, huh? They defeated the first wave of the invasion while their own army was pretty much destroyed. I'm curious how would they survive the next attack XD.

Uuuh yeah. They just defeated the enemies main invasion force and most probably their strongest and fiercest general in Borcuse.

Also, I clearly remember a total loss and disappointment on the faces of the enemies leaders. With Zess injured as well, I don't see the next wave coming soon. Soooo yeah, it's a great win amirite? ;)
Jun 16, 2011 8:16 AM

Jan 2009
You might be right, the Athenians were waging war on Orlando previously to acquire the land in the middle of the continent, so this conquest was probably planned out of desperation.

But I still wouldn't claim that Krisna has won, only survived for the time being...

-Quasar said:
Though I don't understand how Borcuse was defeated. In the final scene, he was shot on the leg part or something and I didn't know who did it. It wasn't Rygart cause all he did was throw that boomerang. It didn't look like it just broke or something.

I think it really did just break off, they were fighting for quite some time after all, and his golem wasn't accustomed to such dragged out battles.
Suginami85Jun 16, 2011 8:20 AM
Jun 17, 2011 1:06 AM

Jan 2010
well i read the manga and up to date with it b4 this was released and honestly 5 and 6 was a huge disappointment to me. ofc i wasnt expecting them to stay to the manga at that point but the way they executed it jsut felt....idk...not even half assed but lower than that. overall movie 1-4 i get a firm 9/10 but movie 5 gets a 7 while 6 gets a 5.
Jun 17, 2011 6:56 AM

Dec 2009
man this 6 movie series was so amazing, i loved every minute of watching it, really wished there were more. Excellent Series 9/10
Jun 17, 2011 4:31 PM

Jun 2010
Disappointing series for me. I expected to learn more about Rygard and Zess. All of the characters felt so undeveloped. But maybe the manga develop them better.
Jun 18, 2011 5:23 PM

Jun 2011
the series were definetely great eye candy, and the story was not too shabby either. i enjoyed this series. Rygart's feelings to kill during war is definetely believable and i find it easy to relate to.
and now its time to start the manga lol.
Jun 18, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2009
Given the direction the movie took in the 5th movie, this one finished about as well as I could've expected. The action was great though I've got mixed emotions about Rygart's interesting weapon. Having the little brother pop up at the end was a little weird but necessary - just not executed very well. There's still all that personal stuff between the former school chums to sort out too. Thank goodness the manga is still going on.
Jun 23, 2011 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Well ... the result is the same. It wasn't so bad but ... Frankly I am a little disappointed. Especially the last film...

Those who read the manga knows what I mean ... There was a real war story without a happy ending.

Jun 26, 2011 1:29 PM

May 2008
Saygram said:
Well ... the result is the same. It wasn't so bad but ... Frankly I am a little disappointed. Especially the last film...

Those who read the manga knows what I mean ... There was a real war story without a happy ending.
Can you spoil us what the manga end is? :P
Jun 27, 2011 12:07 PM

Mar 2010
More questions than answers. Lame.
Jul 11, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2008
hum...must go check out the manga...
anyway, great movie...but not for an end. im a bit disappointed.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 17, 2011 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
Jonas said:
Saygram said:

Can you spoil us what the manga end is? :P

The manga is still ongoing, all in all it was a great movie series and if you know that the series is still ongoing it shouldn't surprise you that it would turn out like this.
Jul 25, 2011 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
A bunch of meaningless mecha fighting. No story development.

Disappointment.
Jul 29, 2011 4:27 AM

Jan 2009
Now, I could write a page or two about this, but I'll spare y'all and just write some tl;dr instead. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
First of all, dat OP is still equally awesome, if not better now than earlier. And the ED's still great too. Also the insert.

Second, and almost just as important, Narvi <3
Best character ever in Break Blade.

Oh, Rygart. You're going to get a sore throat if you keep shouting like that all the time. The two things about him that I somewhat dislike. All his shouting, and his obligatory emo phase.
Somewhat feels like he snapped by the end and suddenly went mad, suddenly laughing like a maniac.

Random; Loggin looks kinda like Borcuse. And Nile's a pretty cool guy, settling his score with Io quite fairly and whatnot.

And some last notes, what I really like about this compared to other regular mecha series like, the various Gundam series and whatnot, is the fact that this somehow feels much more "real" than those.
Not entirely sure why, but I guess it might be partly because these mechas don't fly around like crazy in space.

And it kinda sucks that CMX shut down, now where am I going to buy the manga? ಠ_ಠ
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 29, 2011 1:29 PM
Jan 2011
meh... they really could've ended off better than that, but since i read up to chapter 52 it's no problem for me...

despite that they're were some similarities in the end if you look at it, showdown between Borcuse and Rygart, Borcuse died brutally by Rygart, and Rygart laughing and crying like a crazy guy in the end haha...

my only disappointment is that they didn't put any Sigyn and Rygart moment even for a a few seconds hmmmm... too bad

and anyone else think that Borcuse death was a little bit more sadder than the manga version, instead of freaky death laughing, his last thoughts and words were of his daughter
Jul 29, 2011 2:44 PM

May 2009
Great entertainment as always. Awesome battles, animation and soundtrack. I'm going to have to read the manga to get more answers about the story and see more of the characters though.

I'm extremely pleased with Break Blade overall. Very good.
Jul 29, 2011 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
They were good movies, but the end was wide open, so 7/10 for the last one, 8/10 overall.
Jul 29, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2007
<insert rage here> was that all ? they better make a damn second season of this , the ending was so goddamn open like priestitutes legs <insert disappoint here>
Jul 29, 2011 4:59 PM

Dec 2007
It ended with 6 only? For real? Then only one word: lol.
Jul 29, 2011 6:49 PM

Apr 2008
Needed more Zess.

Rygart won cause his mech was more OP.

Thanks for fansubbing all of this fa[gg]ots.
Jul 29, 2011 7:42 PM
Aug 2009
I can't believe this is the end. I was hoping there would be at least 8 movies or so for some story progress.
Jul 29, 2011 7:52 PM

Dec 2007
Same as everyone else, I'm dissapointed. :(

Kinda feels like not much happened. Just lots and lots of robot fights...
Jul 29, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
Uhmm that was it? Guess I'll jump to the bandwagon of disappointment here, but only for a bit since the series was still great IMHO. Even though this is supposed to be the last movie, I wouldn't mind another movie though just to settle the other lingering questions in my head. Anyway maybe I'll read the manga if I will have the time just for the heck of it.

I actually missed Girghe a little for no reason at all after watching this and Sigyn, I will miss her a lot. :D

blahrgness said:
Thanks for fansubbing all of this fa[gg]ots.

Same here, I'm grateful they did all of it. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 30, 2011 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
toneytigre said:
A bunch of meaningless mecha fighting. No story development.

Disappointment.

this should be written as Synopsis of Break Blade in its page.
Jul 30, 2011 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
Merged.
wow the ending was a lil crazy but overall i liked the 6 part movies series enough to watch them as they came out. guess we have to read the manga or novels to learn the rest of the story tho overall 5/5 for the series
ChavezAug 1, 2011 4:56 PM
Jul 30, 2011 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
I have to say I'm pretty damn pleased with this series. There wasn't much story wise but the visuals and audio definitely made up for it. It's great to see some mecha animated, especially of this caliber. The angst wasn't overdone and the terribleness of war wasn't plastered into your face nearly as bad as some other shows Hoshi Souichirou voiced a character in.

I have to say, 8 for this movie and 9 overall. It might be the fact that there has been a severe drought of mecha and I'm somewhat desperate but overall I'm pretty impressed.
Ok™
Jul 31, 2011 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
Ugh.. I hate how all current anime and movies expect you to watch the manga to know the rest of the show. They didn't need do back then.
Jul 31, 2011 12:56 PM

Oct 2009
Excellent series, 10/10.
I was very satisfied with the last movie, much good facts about it.

I've liked how Nari did a 2 hit combo and killed Io.(not really).
I've hated Borcuse in almost all the show - well, because he was a bad-guy - but i've really respected him at the ending, he was just badass. Baldr, Girge and Borcuse - favorited characters from this show.
Rygart said many times that it will continue and it's not the end. So - waiting for continue ^_~
hardnyashaJul 31, 2011 1:02 PM
あらあら。。。
Jul 31, 2011 1:05 PM

Oct 2009

あらあら。。。
Jul 31, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
Athens had many more golems in total, and maybe around 20 more in this battle, if you included Narvi, Baldr & Rygart as reinforcements.

If they make more of this, it should include some of the following :
- Cleo meeting Sigyn again, possibly as a diplomat,
- Zess & Rygart meeting again, possibly while fighting,
- Rygart becomes really famous in the ensuing battles
- More battles atleast, and maybe some interesting scenes eg. the civilians returning, new troops being recruited etc.

The serie had quite a few changes from the manga, but the manga is still going on, whilst this had a timed amount of time.

The length of the entire anime, was about the same as a 12 episode anime, and it would be hard to make more episodes with this material.

That's what i've got to say, but i can still hope for more episodes, even if it'll be in vain.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 31, 2011 2:40 PM
Nov 2010
IkaMusumechan said:
Baldr, Girge and Borcuse - favorited characters from this show.

+Rygart(I finally remembered the name after this one instead of thinking "Break Blade's Ichigo")

Great anime(especially the artwork and the music), it doesn't feel like it's over, though...:(
Aug 1, 2011 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
Ending was pretty beautiful, although nothing compared to manga's continuing story.
Aug 1, 2011 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
whats the point of having the first four parts true to the manga and then changing it. this is why it sux to adapt manga that is still ongoing and you get too close to it. this last part was not nearly as good as it should have been. totally disappointed.
Aug 2, 2011 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
I really enjoyed these movies .... but you could tell it was some kind of anime original ending and felt rushed. my favorite part was seeing that asshole Borcuse die oh and Nike dying in 5. usually I don't like when characters die but they were freaking scum. the action was still all around great.

still shocked they somehow survived that. I expected Zess to show up or something to stop the fighting .... or some kind of miracle. just like in 5 they were outnumbered and out strategized so bad so how did they survive here? seemed slopppy.

there's still so much left unanswered, I guess it's manga time? I expected Cleo to fight for Krisna or against them. hoped for more RygarXSigyn or anything with Zess.

maybe it would have worked better in a series where developments had more time to progress and things like Gen. True's death could have had more impact. it just didn't seem like there was enough time to give a whole story.

pretty much 1-4 will get a solid 9 while 5-6 would get a 7 or 8 rating. favorite characters would be Rygar, Sigyn (she's HOT), Narvi, and of course Girge (that psycho prick).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» most likely a different end...?

Xawddre - Apr 10, 2011

23 by NwAurion »»
Oct 14, 2012 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.