Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2009 7:49 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
3 years later, huh? Well i'm glad time passed. Goro is more mature now :D. Maybe that chick will be his gf later on
Apr 12, 2010 12:29 AM

Feb 2008
she's definitely the love interest/childhood friend. I wonder why he didn't invite Toshi?
Apr 24, 2011 2:16 PM

Feb 2009
jacobpaige said:
she's definitely the love interest/childhood friend.

Am I the only one who's thinking that Goro might take his father's place in Momoko's heart? She must be getting pretty horny...errr,I mean lonely.She's still young and all so why not.

PS

Ok,ok,i know...this is no hentai manga.But damn it,Momoko shouldn't stay single.She deserves more than that.
Maybe she'll hook up with Shigeno? That wouldn't be bad choice.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 19, 2012 9:35 PM

Mar 2011
How cute; clearly a tsundere.
May 2, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2011
TowardsTheStars said:

+1 Haha
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 20, 2012 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
TowardsTheStars said:

Children their age usually act this way around the opposite sex from my experience.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 6, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2008
Well now Goro has a girlfriend and a rival. Now where did Toshi go?
Dec 8, 2013 9:45 PM

May 2012
The 9 year old Goro is pretty much mature and cool. I like his character.
Jan 9, 2014 4:24 AM

Nov 2010
I like the new girl. she's funny.
Dec 27, 2014 5:25 PM

Nov 2009
What happened to that friend of his that used to always play catch with him? You would think he would go to that kid first . . . Although perhaps over the past three years they have fallen out of touch, especially with his mom focusing so intently on academics.
Jun 25, 2015 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it's obvious that Komori and Shimuzu will join the team, but I wonder who is the other one who will join it.

Of course, there is the bully trio, raised by an asshole dad. Awww, they start so young these days... But don't lose hope! Bullies always redemn themselves in anime.

Goro is such a smoothtalker. ''Hey! Nice panties!''
That always get me the ladies.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 20, 2015 4:43 AM

Jun 2009
Aug 5, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic transition episode. I can tell that she is going to be a life long romantic interest/partner. Very good set up.
Aug 13, 2015 2:00 AM

Jan 2015
That's why you don't help people without being asked to. If they don't get out of their predicament by their own efforts, they won't be any better.

And one uptight tsundere to boot, one !
Jan 8, 2016 5:11 AM

Aug 2015
so Hoshino did become goro's foster parent after Honda's death.. does that make her honda's bride? they haven't married each other right because they just begin to introduce themselves to each other's family

so i was wondering, did Hoshino become a virgin mom?? im sure she and honda haven't done anything yet right?
Mar 20, 2016 5:32 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder what happened to Toshi that Goro hasn't asked him to join :o

ChaosLegion said:
jacobpaige said:
she's definitely the love interest/childhood friend.

Am I the only one who's thinking that Goro might take his father's place in Momoko's heart? She must be getting pretty horny...errr,I mean lonely.She's still young and all so why not.

PS

Ok,ok,i know...this is no hentai manga.But damn it,Momoko shouldn't stay single.She deserves more than that.
Maybe she'll hook up with Shigeno? That wouldn't be bad choice.

ಠ_ಠ

From the OP scenes it does look like that's the case.
Apr 14, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
Shimizu seems to be a good match for Goro.
I wonder where did Toshi disappear to, Komori seems to be interested in baseball too, those bullies are annoying.
Aug 25, 2016 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
kvintanzil said:
so i was wondering, did Hoshino become a virgin mom?? im sure she and honda haven't done anything yet right?

Just because she didn't have sex with the father doesn't mean she's virgin lmao. I mean she was at least mid 20s at start of the show.

I'm glad that Goro and Hoshino bonded so much over the three years. He completely accepted her as his mother, rather than using first names.

I like that the girl is joining the club as well, it's nice when they do that for kid leagues. Ginga e Kick off did the same thing for football. Knowing that the series is coming of age story, we all know where she'll end in 10 years.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 31, 2018 2:55 AM

Jul 2010
Haha, I love the banter between Goro and Shimuzu, she will be a future love interest for sure. Hopefully both of them stay alive, you never know with this show!
Dec 24, 2018 5:58 PM
Aug 2018
Its weird how the anime switches from being sad to cheerful and happy from one episode to the next.

Feb 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, do like the feelings in this episode. 3 years have passed, feels like clannad. Great to see Goro again, pretty mature, being such a strong person. That girl is fitting to Goro. Cant wait to see more of Goro and his journey!
My only regret is having regrets!
May 21, 2019 3:37 PM

Jun 2016
With his dad gone and 3 years passed Goro has taken over the family name as Honda. He's dealt with everything surprisingly well, his dad prepared him for this with his own strength. He won't let this hold him back, he will live to his fullest and become as great as his dad and finally one day meet him again. It's hard on him for sure, especially when seeing someone like Gibson on TV, but he's doing well. It's a bit of a shame he doesn't have anyone to teach him lessons like he did before though, at least not as strong as his dad did.

For instance, I was shocked that Honda was so mean to Komori! I know if his dad was here he would tell him to not be rude and to be more understanding. It's good that Honda values standing up for himself, one of the very first times we saw him he literally fought bullies until he passed out. He's always been a fighter. But, it seems when someone isn't his friend he thinks they should stand up for themselves, as by helping them as Shimizu did won't help in the long run as it won't teach them that. Yet, despite his father not being there to say it, he thought about Shimizu's words and stood up for him in a super cool way. To trip one bully, kick their own shoe into the fountain and call them dumb. It was about the coolest way a 9 year old could save the day. I'd say this shows he's still about becoming a strong person in the way his dad would have wanted.

I think we can see his father in him a lot too. The notable things are his decisiveness like how he challenged the soccer team and more specifically when he yelled at Shimizu. He was the splitting image of his dad in that moment. It was like one of those times when his father lost his temper and yelled because someone did something he felt was wrong. And here Honda did the same for her insulting one of the things he cares most about. His insecurity about being a kid is still there though, he's quite arrogant and tries to look mature which absolutely makes him seem childish.

Regarding the Little League team, it definitely set up Komori and Shimizu joining. I wonder if there's going to be any problems with Shimizu since it's a boys team but if they're only trying to beat the adult team maybe it'll work. The coach who gave them that challenge will be sorry as he totally made that deal to mock them with the impossible. It's quite funny that the bullies are all soccer players and the head bully's dad looks just like him and is the coach. I actually laughed really hard when I realized that as Ando called him Sawamura. But, like everyone thought, where is Toshi? I wonder what happened in the time skip regarding him.

Lastly, as always no matter how cheesy this anime is it feels so real! I adore the dutiful and resolved Shimizu and her relationship with Honda. The way they act like they hate each other but respect each other and perhaps have a crush on each other is perfect. I especially adored the line about seeing her panties and then the follow up "it's not like I'd wanna see those!!", it was so endearingly childish. It's nice to have two fighters together like this, you know no matter what happens they will act! The way they don't be overt about how they feel and perhaps cannot even articulate it, yet are influenced by each other(Honda saving Komori/Shimizu practicing) and admire each other from afar is so cute. Plus the way it started with Honda not wanting his mom to drop him off was so relatable, oh my gosh. What a kid thing to worry about.
Nov 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Sep 2018
Nahh!!!! Again? Bullying again?! I hate it!!
The little league Coach is so funny, they don't have enthusiasm on baseball :D

Goro is a man already! He's so cool lol I ship him with Kaoru!
Jun 28, 2020 6:23 AM

Dec 2007
Goro deliver good comedy, i like his personality better now.
it was so obvious the new girl character going to have some feeling for Goro, i liked her character anyway.
this Komoro guy is getting my nerve, hope his character will get more development.
and i wonder what happened to that Tosho guy...
Nov 2, 2020 7:07 AM

Apr 2016
After chappter 6, I needed a chapter like this.
Oct 14, 2021 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
Definitely cute and also funny to see Goro with that girl. Got the feeling the bullied kid Komori and also Goro's old studious friend Toshi with whom he always played catch with, will make up for the missing numbers on the little league team.

Jul 2, 2022 11:20 PM

Jan 2020
Bruh, whatever happened to that nerd kid? Anyways, yay we finally get to see the main love interest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 5 Discussion

Knave - May 14, 2009

33 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 22 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 30, 2009

40 by Cam1922 »»
May 16, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - May 14, 2009

103 by arcticmontys »»
Feb 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Is there Romance in this series.

_winterbear_ - Sep 14, 2022

4 by Unowen »»
Sep 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 17 Discussion

TowardsTheStars - Apr 20, 2012

21 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 3, 2022 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.