Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2011 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode. The pacing felt a bit fast though.
I'm already loving Mayuri and Rintarou.
Rin's laugh is priceless. He looks and acts like your average mad scientist. His voice is great and so is Mayuri's. Amazing voice acting. As expected of Kana and Mamoru.

The overall presentation was pretty high. I love the character designs and the animation's also very solid. The music in this episode also helped setting the atmosphere.

Heh, the character interactions between Rin, Dal and Mayuri were very entertaining.

Hmm, the episode ended with something we could call a cliffhanger. I didn't expect to see Makise back that soon. And the BGM during that scene was the VN's menu theme song! Hah, I'm glad we got to hear it.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the anime. Definitely my most anticipated Spring 2011 anime, along with Maria Holic Alive and Hanasaku Iroha.

Oh, forgot about the OP and the ED.
The OP and the ED man... They are so. Fucking. AWESOME. Seriously.
Itou Kanako did another great job. As expected of her. She's incredible.
I didn't know what to expect of the ED, but when I first heard it I was speechless. It was... amazing. I just... don't know how to describe it.

Also, delicious banana is delicious. (No spoilers beneath here, just images.)
Samu-tanApr 3, 2011 9:45 AM
Apr 3, 2011 9:48 AM

Jan 2009
All-star cast = win.
I might even like Mayuri thanks to Hanazawa Kana <3 (Even if she's a derpy airhead.)
And I want Ferris, Moeka and the trap, right now.
Also, Dal's voice. I can't help laughing whenever I hear it.

Some random comments,
"An earthquake?" No, that, mister, is a satellite.
Also,
"FUWAHAHAHAHAHAHH"
I've so been looking forward to this show.

Now,

Oh and, the OP and the ED are both full of win. Just sayin'
Also, not understanding what is going on is not a sin. Give it some 10 episodes and then you might get a thing or two.
OosranApr 4, 2011 1:09 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 3, 2011 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
Tsunashi Takuto makes a great crazy mad scientist.
Other than that, I have no idea what's going on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2011 9:34 PM

Jun 2010
I hope the next episode gives more clarity >.>
Apr 3, 2011 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
STM said:
Hmm, the episode ended with something we could call a cliffhanger. I didn't expect to see Makise back that soon. And the BGM during that scene was the VN's menu theme song! Hah, I'm glad we got to hear it.
I loved that theme as well as the cliffhanger. So you played the VN? Well, if a VN player is excited about this then I may be getting my hopes up a bit. Normally I hear nothing but complaints from people who know an anime from its original source.

Absolutely love the maniacal laughter.
Rin: "Hwaahahahahahahaha!"
"I-I guess I can tell you."
"That is a cellphone for special missions that deactivates itself when someone other than me touches it."
"Hwaahahahahahahaha!"
Makise: "I see. You were talking to yourself."

I caught Kana Hanazawa's voicing right away. However I am rather disappointed with myself that it took me 7 minutes and 28 seconds to realize Rin was voiced by Mamoru Miyano.

Anyways, I have pretty much no idea what was going on. I enjoyed it anyways and I look forward to the coming episodes.
Apr 3, 2011 9:59 PM

Mar 2010
the last part really confused me. such a mystery

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 3, 2011 10:06 PM

Jan 2010
STM said:

I didn't know what to expect of the ED, but when I first heard it I was speechless. It was... amazing. I just... don't know how to describe it.

Is there even a OP and ED in the advanced screening whatsoever? O.o Besides that they'll probably just use the OP n ED from the VN of it.
Apr 3, 2011 10:20 PM

Apr 2008
Just IMO I don't particularly like the main character's personality.
Though it shouldn't ruin the anime once it gets serious.

Already downloaded the OST for the game so it gave me a little smile when the theme played near the end.

P.S. I watched the eye cancer version.
Apr 3, 2011 10:36 PM
Feb 2011
This is so confusing! i gotta know more. only reason i watched it was 2 find out wth a microwave that can send texts into the past would look like or play out. It's a lot better than i thought!
Apr 3, 2011 10:42 PM

Jul 2010
little bit confusing but i hope this thriller will get better. okarin laugh is just great.
Apr 3, 2011 11:29 PM

Nov 2010
Starts off with tons of questions, that will take the whole series to explain... art style is pretty good... Though the main char gives me the impression of a Bipolar Schizophrenia.. just saying xD
Apr 3, 2011 11:53 PM

May 2010
Interesting start. Much better than what I expected.
Liked the maniacal laughter and "Okay. Your banana is all fl- " lol
Apr 4, 2011 12:50 AM
Nov 2009
wha-

what...

just what in the world did I just watch?
Apr 4, 2011 12:51 AM

Jul 2010
such an amazing first episode.,this and Hanasaku Iroha owns.
can't wait for the TV release this coming Tuesday. Webcast rip is pure eyesore.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 4, 2011 1:07 AM

Jan 2010
Can I just say something?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??

I like the cast though.. maybe I will start to have a grasp of things on the next few episodes but for now, I really can't comprehend what's going on..
girl stabbed.. message sent into the past?.. fucked up memories?.. Wakaranai ><
Apr 4, 2011 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
Sesshoseki said:
STM said:
Is there even a OP and ED in the advanced screening whatsoever? O.o Besides that they'll probably just use the OP n ED from the VN of it.
Well, no. It wasn't in the advance screening. Though if you know where to look for what, you can find both the OP and ED. Which for that matter aren't the same as the VNs OP/ED.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 4, 2011 2:13 AM

Jan 2010
well guess next episode should atleast clear things up
beginning with the quality xD
Apr 4, 2011 2:20 AM

May 2010
i honestly dotn see why so many ppl voted "5 out of 5: Loved it! "

it was confusing and far from being great.
Apr 4, 2011 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
Has potential for sure, the quality of the one i watched somewhat ruined it for me, but hopefully that will be fixed next week.
Apr 4, 2011 2:32 AM

Jul 2010
Kerozinn said:

seriously,why would the show answer your confusion in just the first episode? ^^

just you wait and see ^^

Oosran said:

Also, not understanding what is going on is not a sin. Give it some 10 episodes and then you might get a thing or two.

and this. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 4, 2011 3:04 AM

Sep 2009
Hell of an interesting cast! okarin's laugh is damn priceless!
Mayuri is moe :3....and surprisingly not that dumb though dumb innocent enough not to understand the perverted joke.
Intriguing 1st episode...and been waiting for this show for a while.
Damn; the vid that i watched didn't have the OP&ED~ searches web.

notzky said:
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??
oh try posting this here
Apr 4, 2011 3:34 AM

Jul 2009
Ok this one is hella interesting. Great cast of characters and the atmosphere portraited is just stunningly awesome. Can't wait for the next episode =D (I'll so re-watch the 1st one after i get my hands on a better quality vid.).
Apr 4, 2011 4:02 AM

Aug 2010
Waw, seems pretty interesting, huh?

Apr 4, 2011 4:15 AM

Nov 2010
I loved it, The anime reminds me of LOST tv series...
Apr 4, 2011 4:30 AM

May 2010
AmberFebruary said:
Kerozinn said:

seriously,why would the show answer your confusion in just the first episode? ^^

just you wait and see ^^

Oosran said:

and this. ^^

so u are one of those fanbois/fangirls who voted 5/5. that explaines alot. way to go moron
Apr 4, 2011 4:42 AM

Jul 2010
Kerozinn said:
AmberFebruary said:
Kerozinn said:

just you wait and see ^^

Oosran said:

and this. ^^

so u are one of those fanbois/fangirls who voted 5/5. that explaines alot. way to go moron

moron or not, you really don't care on how we rate our shows :P
Apr 4, 2011 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't know much about this show but I certainly enjoyed the first episode. The characters are great and I'm already interested in all the weird stuff that is going on.
Apr 4, 2011 5:22 AM
Oct 2009
It got me completely hooked, even though I don't know how to start describing what I've just watched. Quite interesting and entertaining so far.
Apr 4, 2011 5:29 AM

Jan 2010
Mamoru Miyano is fucking awesome in this show. Reminds me of how great he was in Death Note.
I get the feeling that it will be one of the most interesting shows in this season.
Apr 4, 2011 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
Even though it is definitely taking me hard time understanding the entire thing, it was one of the best 1st episode I could possible imagine for this series. Fast pacing actually helped getting focused for the entire episode, atmosphere was superb. Miyano Mamoru's Chunibyou acting was hilarious as well.

I haven't played the original game, but I'm sure this will be my Madoka Magica of this season. I mean seriously. I can feel all those foreshadowing thrown everywhere already. I was utterly blown when I saw Makise alive.
ringoo4Apr 4, 2011 6:24 AM
Apr 4, 2011 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode! As people previously stated, I love Okarin's laugh and the interaction between the characters. I can already tell that I'm going to become attached to this show. :D

Also Dr. Pepper--"It's the intellectual beverage made for the chosen ones!"
Apr 4, 2011 6:10 AM
Dec 2009
Duturu
Apr 4, 2011 6:36 AM

Oct 2008
For now a 7.
Might increase because it seems like something I would like.
There is the time-traveling sort of thing which I like.

"Your banana is all floppy" lol
Apr 4, 2011 7:12 AM

Jun 2009
That was pretty cool. Although I have no idea whats really going on.

Apr 4, 2011 7:12 AM
Jun 2008
This Anime is lack of BGM ......

and Dr. Pepper remind me of that NEET detective girl >.>" ...stein gate is coming ^^
MorningGloryApr 4, 2011 7:19 AM
Apr 4, 2011 7:22 AM

Jul 2009
^That's because you watch shitty niconico version(no OP/ED). I thinking TV version will have that i suppose.

First episode is so good but the niconico version looks crap. Have to watch second time by the time TV version is up. Just gonna love Okarin speaking to himself & his laugh is awesome. Ah Mayuri your Duturu~ is so moe.
I'm can't wait for Feiris to appear!
Apr 4, 2011 7:22 AM
Nov 2008
Pretty good. Feels more like Shigurui then Chaos;Head (because of the same director obviously).
Apr 4, 2011 7:25 AM

Aug 2008
That was an amazing episode. I really can't wait for the rest of it.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Apr 4, 2011 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
It's already better than Chaos;Head so it's good enough for me.
Apr 4, 2011 7:58 AM

Aug 2010
Now, where were we?
Oh yeah, secret agencies theories and time traveling. It really is the secret to success and mad scientists xD
This looks interesting, waiting for more :D
Apr 4, 2011 8:03 AM

Feb 2011
I have to watch the next episode when it comes out, this episode alone messed me up someplace.
Apr 4, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2011
well, lots of confusing things in the first episode
but I'm really looking forward to see more =)
Apr 4, 2011 8:44 AM

Dec 2008
Hmmm...not quite sure what to make of this show. Will probably need to watch a few more episodes to determine whether or not it's a keeper.
Apr 4, 2011 8:47 AM

Dec 2009
It's like you can feel the awesomeness coming in the next episodes..

Like Chaos;Head it's confusing in the beginning ,but everything will be solved later.
( and I'm damn sure this will fucking top Chaos;Head )

First I was shocked about makise's sudden death ( main character ? ),
but good to see her alive at the end^^ I really like her looks.

4/5
yuno6.jpg
Apr 4, 2011 10:01 AM

Oct 2007
Didn't understand a thing if I'm honest :/
Apr 4, 2011 10:44 AM

Feb 2009
Hmm, I don't really understand anything yet, it was pretty weird, but it was definitely intriguing.

Maybe I should go watch Chaos;Head... Would that make it any easier to understand?
Apr 4, 2011 10:49 AM

Aug 2007
Kipcha said:
Hmm, I don't really understand anything yet, it was pretty weird, but it was definitely intriguing.

Maybe I should go watch Chaos;Head... Would that make it any easier to understand?

The two shows/manga/VNs are in the same universe, but have entirely separate stories. Not having seen one really won't make a difference in watching the other. Personally, I think you should watch C;H anyways. I really enjoyed it, though most people on the site seem to hate it (I honestly don't see why, so maybe someone can explain that).

Now, on to S;G...

Gotta love the floppy banana line. Funniest part of the episode right there. XP
I don't mind Rin so far (his crazy laugh is pretty awesome), but Daru and Mayuri haven't really struck a chord with me yet. Maybe that'll change after a little while, though.
It'll be interesting to see how the story plays out, considering I have no idea what's going on or why Rin suddenly has time travelling text messages. 0_o

For now, it's a 7. Like the story and animation, but not fantastic with the characters for me.
Apr 4, 2011 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
I like the main dude, he's batshit crazy.
Apr 4, 2011 11:21 AM

Oct 2008
ALPACAMAN! :D
Apr 4, 2011 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
OH MY GOD IT'S LELOUCH! MWHAHAHAHAHA!

*okay i checked voiceactors.. it's not him but dang their laugh is similar :O*

KIRA !! BUHAHAHA.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Today, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.