Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Feb 23, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like this show will require my full attention. Its good though, just can't get distracted.
Feb 26, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
Love the opening. And that back and forth banter, just awesome. I can sense much much deeper meaning in the discussions those two have. The fight with the grade schooler, lol. Yet again, I am very impressed
Mar 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Haha, this episode was hilarious!
May 9, 2014 6:41 AM

Mar 2014
what the heck?? It's so psychedelic!!! !_!

Weird dialogs :O

"I hate you Araragi-san"
May 31, 2014 8:17 PM

Mar 2014
Mother's day!!
Passwords WTF. is this some game that you use passwords to get on the scene that you want!? (Y8.com .. sonic games.)
hitagi and araragi moments!!
that dragonball references..
araragi got shot down twice!!
Funny enough . Long talk as usual.
He seriously laugh like a proud idiot. WTF ... win in with a grade schooler...
Mayoi snail begins!!
Good Episode. (comedy was funny enough in this episode.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2014
Here we have a male high school student that pulled no punches in a fight with a female elementary school student. The best kind of situation.
Jul 21, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
Whilst it was interesting seeing the characters converse, I thought it was a bit boring/cheap having a bottle episode so early in the series.
Aug 10, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2014
I would be lying if i said i understood anything that is happening.
I keep watching waiting for something to happen, but all this talk is making my eyes bleed.
I'm so LOST. The flashing cards and constant back and forth is really making my head hurt. and it's SUPER FREAKING ANNOYING.
I was bored to tears but i just kept watching...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 4, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2014
This is so damn weird! O_o My brain hurts ... I was trying to understand it but was it even supposed to be understood? >_< Senjougahara was gorgeous, though. *_*
Sep 22, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
Aahh is every episode gonna follow this boring format with the two of them talking about boring shit? And I'm usually the type to like a lot of dialogue, enjoyed SNAFU a lot. The only thing that interested me was the park rides, those looked pretty fun. Then it got more annoying with the kid, I'm not good with kids. Pretty annoying episode, 2/5.
RothSep 22, 2014 1:49 PM
Sep 27, 2014 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
Man, I loved the conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara, they have just the right chemistry.
I actually like how he did asked just for juice that was totally unexpected for her (and it's pretty obvious she likes him).

Still need to grip my pause remote all the time though.

Next time let's go with Mayoi, lost child of snail and possibly also see his sister Tsukiho toghether with his mother.
Jan 16, 2015 12:31 AM

Dec 2014
I can't decide if I liked the episode or not. I'll just continue to watch to see if anything happens. There's no way the show is like this the whole time with how big of a fan base it has, right?
Feb 9, 2015 7:46 PM

May 2014
All I can say is I'm loving this. I was getting so excited in the middle that I was losing focus xD Can't wait to watch this entire series, seriously.
Mar 17, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2014
And here was I thinking Senjougahara became nice or at least normal after she got her feelings back,..

Still though, everyone saying he's good to her and she's being mean: I wouldn't exactly call shamelessly staring at a girl's ass and rack all the time "good".
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 16, 2015 5:27 PM

May 2014
This is literally a mix of a lot of things ....
A mix of anime genre (so many stuff going on with the story romance, seinen, a little comedy, psychology, action and even Slice of Life)
A mix of anime style (this episode was the living proof of that, the characters design changed a lot in a odd but awesome way)
A mix of feels to ... I don't know if I have to laugh, be serious, cry, be scared or even be amazed by this ....
And finally a mix of stories ... like come on the two previous episode were "scary", highly psychological, with demon/vampire/cult/sect stuffs and here we are in this ep at a park, talking about love and family stuffs, meeting a cutie tsundere ... like seriously !! wtf

Well anyway decent episode
Jul 1, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
"Falling in love with your sister... is just a fantasy by those who don't have sisters." So true.

Other than that, this show makes me wonder if Shaft is aware that making shows where all the characters do is talk with pretentious visuals to distract from that makes their shows boring and not cool.

1/5
Jul 1, 2015 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Just drop it. You clearly don't like it, and never will.
Jul 1, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
Just drop it. You clearly don't like it, and never will.

But I want to rack up my nerd cred by never dropping an anime.
Jul 1, 2015 2:13 PM

Dec 2012
Seems like an attention thing (consistent with the madoka subforum). Have fun wasting your time, I guess.
Jul 1, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
Seems like an attention thing (consistent with the madoka subforum). Have fun wasting your time, I guess.

What about the Madoka forum makes you believe this is an attention thing?

Anyways, the previous answer was sarcastic. In all honesty, I don't think this show is bad enough to drop. I only drop shows/put them on hold if they're so bad I can't find any redeeming qualities to them. I do find at least one redeeming quality in this show, which is the animation quality. I just find the show itself more dull than outright bad. But I respect your opinion if you like it.
D-ohnutsJul 1, 2015 2:29 PM
Jul 2, 2015 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
Hard to watch, should pause every few second to get everything, too flashy. Liked it but mostly because siscon and lolicon stuff, yes it seems Araragi is siscon and lolicon also Mayoi part and OP are awesome. Not impressed by other aspects like sometimes boring and idiotic dialogs and plot in general. Funny at times but also boring and annoying sometimes, Bake is too overrated IMO. Also not impressed by Senjougahara, Mayoi overshadowed her here. Not sure about Koyomi x Senjougahara chemistry yet but definitely sure about Koyomi x Mayoi chemistry lol. Well, only 3rd episode, to be continued.
tsundereharasserJul 2, 2015 4:17 PM
Jul 24, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
This was kind of a funny episode. :P As I mentioned last time, I do like the dialogues between Koyomi and Hitagi. I totally expected she was going to be more "normal" and nicer now that she dealt with the crab thingy, but other than her clothing, she seems mostly the same.

Koyomi is such a perv lol, and I can't believe he beat up a little grade school girl! hehe Entertaining though! ✿ 4/5
Aug 4, 2015 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
Fightin Grade School Girls: Like a Boss! Ep 3.

Plot: Koyomi is on his own for Mother's day due to issues. After a brief but hilarious meet with Senjougahara, he meets the latest problem child Hachikuji Mayoi, a lost grade schooler.

Character:Honestly what is there to say about a guy that seriously beat up a gradeschooler? Crazy? Moronic? Childish? Probably the lot with hints of crazy. Though he does put himself in bad situations to help people...

Also his eyes seem to turn red when first noticing Mayoi. Could that be part of his retained powers?

Hitagi is a master of teasing. Her wordplay was a highlight as she tries to thank Araragi for his help and hinting at something to him.

Mayoi seems to be a bit of a brat so far. But the end scene definitely shows she's got an Oddity ailment.

SOund/Animation: There's a new Op and honestly not my cup o tea. Its high charged in all but I don't think I can get into it. Animation continues to go through fun shifts and this time there was some pretty good rapid movement.

4/5. A new arc and it looks fun. But please, try not to beat up anymore kids. It's sad.

*Anyone else notice those guilty words next to Senjougahara when Araragi tries to explain himself?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Nov 23, 2015 3:25 PM
Mar 2015
Seeing I'm watching the BD version of this, OH GOD Staple Staple and the new OP look EXTREMELY different. The first one looked too fitting for the anime, but the latter looks like if it was taken from a comedy SOL. Shaft, you look like you love to do this stuff, and I acclaim you.

I think I found that one anime that I saw on a dubstep AMV long ago, it had the red zigsaw scene at the end, and it was kickass. So glad I didn't knew that scene was in this anime.

I'm loving this anime now. Hated it before, now I need more of it.
Dec 10, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2014
Quality seems to be dropping , not a good episode , but i think the quality will go up again .
fight scene was a bit fun but that's it .
Dec 19, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2012
friend zoned lol!

Dec 27, 2015 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
If I got it right all the episode was Hitagi teasing the loser and a new girl. I would say this was terrible but it made me laugh a lot, for some reason.
Jan 11, 2016 6:03 AM

Mar 2015
Lol, got friendzoned. Not to mention being proud for beating a little girl. Good job Koyomi!

So much dialogues in this episode. It seems this anime is a dialogue-heavy anime with less animations. Well... okay.

A new arc with a new girl with a new OP, I wonder where it will go from here.

Mar 26, 2016 9:09 AM

Nov 2015
Today's episode's OP was brought to you by the "Stop Using Drugs Association", because "STAPH USING DRAGS!"

That girl with purple hair that I still don't remember her name, is scary AF. She can say pretty logical stuff, but they way she says those things is really creepy... I just can't refuse or deny anything she says, because I feel it's true... But the again, they way she speaks is really scary.

Did this Araragi guy just beat a primary student girl? Wtf!? Punching kids randomly is not cool jajaja

This anime is very weird jaja
May 8, 2016 12:42 AM
Apr 2016
A little boring episode,,,but the last 8 minutes was entertaing
Specially,the fight between araragi and mayoi was funny....
Episode rating... 4/5
Jun 20, 2016 9:04 AM
Jul 2015
I loved that they stayed in a park and talked all episode and I was still entertained.
Jul 24, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
So far I haven't gotten bored of the talking yet, I find the conversation to be rather interesting.
Aug 12, 2016 7:28 AM

Aug 2010
The dialogue kinda bored me lol i just couldn't get into it......though the animation throughout the dialogue was pretty cool

The scenes between Araragi and the kid are interesting XD
blue-yAug 12, 2016 8:02 AM
Jan 10, 2017 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
Rebelhero said:
I would be lying if i said i understood anything that is happening.
I keep watching waiting for something to happen, but all this talk is making my eyes bleed.
I'm so LOST. The flashing cards and constant back and forth is really making my head hurt. and it's SUPER FREAKING ANNOYING.
I was bored to tears but i just kept watching...

Exactly my thoughts. This episode was rather boring. Won't drop it yet, though.
Jan 28, 2017 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
Another very good episode!
Jan 30, 2017 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
Such An Amazing Episode...Hitagi Looks So Cute!
Feb 25, 2017 1:25 AM

May 2016
This was a really boring episode to be honest.
May 12, 2017 12:16 AM

Nov 2008
God this feels like FLCL with the wordplay but there's none of the action. It's kind of maddening to watch, to be honest. Still sticking with it but my patience is wearing thin.
Jun 22, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
That fight and then the monologue and proud laugh after of beating up a elementary kid was hilarious 😂
Jul 25, 2017 5:31 PM

Dec 2015
No idea wtf is going on. Every spot of dialogue is followed with digression + alternate realities? So confused.....
~
Aug 30, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2007
this was painfully boring. felt like eternity.. and the level of pretentiousness is just shocking to be honest
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 8, 2017 10:13 PM
Jul 2017
Dude that was literally a 20 minute conversation, plus beating up a little girl. I'm super impressed at how they're able to keep my intrigue even though nothing is happening
Sep 15, 2017 12:59 AM

Jun 2016
The OP changed. Nooo bring back the first one. Haha.

Araragi judo throw'd a grade school student. Priceless.

I hope Senjougahara and Araragi fall in love with each other before this show ends; I really ship them two.

That was a very cure and big playground. And them playing there like kids. Pffft. And Araragi staring at Senjougahara's underwear while they're riding that bike thing at the playground. Hahahaha.

Lost snail? Mhmmm.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 5, 2017 6:56 AM

Feb 2016
Was there any mean to the dialogue they had for the entire episode in the park, did I miss something? I'm not sure if I'm stupid or if this episode was...
Oct 16, 2017 7:04 PM

May 2014
Shit episode, was super bored. Very few shows can pull off conversation-only episodes. This is not one of them. The conversations were completely random and did little to develop story or characters. I was warned about the snail arc ahead of time... so I'll push through it I suppose.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nov 9, 2017 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
That was pretty weird. I like it!
Nov 12, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2015
Good gosh, this anime is just so weird, lol.
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Dec 23, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2016
Bruh I'm only three episodes into this long ass series and Araragi is already one of my favorite characters of all time lmao.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 29, 2017 12:12 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm...this episode just kind of rambled on forever and ever. Didn't really enjoy it much.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 3, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2017
Boring. The protagonist is lame and there is no plot development. Too predictable. Also the school bag girl was the one who appears in Nisemonogatari episode 1. I remember now.

Also, what new ED? The ED has been the same since the first episode. Perhaps you are talking about the OP.

Looks like a slice of life series, and a lame one at that. Put on hold.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
5 hours ago

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Today, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.