Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 18, 2009 5:57 AM
Aug 2008
I just watched the original Spice and Wolf over three days or so.

Now I've gone through 00, 01, and 02 at one sitting.

I can feel myself going into Spice and Wolf withdrawal...
Jul 18, 2009 9:40 AM

Jun 2008
HORO HORO HORO I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU.

This episode was nice and interesting, I wonder what Lawrence found out. Oh the suspence!
Jul 18, 2009 10:22 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode pretty much; nice new characters and interesting developments.

I'll be waiting for the conclusion to this cliff-hanger, although I expected one with the episode's title containing "Calm before the Storm" or something.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 18, 2009 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Frickin' cliffhanger. His expression looked very, very urgent though. ;x

Jul 18, 2009 4:11 PM

Sep 2008
Still hasn't measured up to the first season in terms of playfulness between Horo and Lawrence, but this episode was a big step up. I don't want to see them part ways, it would take away the story.

I like how Amarty is playing the counter to Nora from the first season, Nora made Horo jealous, Amarty is doing the same for Lawrence.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jul 18, 2009 6:46 PM

Apr 2008
i suddenly laugh during around the back part when Horo cover herself with the blanket. makes it look like they did "something" before that person come in

Jul 18, 2009 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
canephalanx said:
I hope they do part tragically though. The last time an Anime really got through me was 3 years back and if they do part given the circumstances they are in then that would really be depressing.

It would be more tragic if they ended up together because it would be a much bigger loss for Holo when she eventaully outlives him.
Jul 18, 2009 10:01 PM

Mar 2008
another impressive ep by the new studio
Horo still awesome as always
Jul 19, 2009 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
orangehouse said:
i suddenly laugh during around the back part when Horo cover herself with the blanket. makes it look like they did "something" before that person come in
well tell me someone who did Not find that a bit funny?: D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 7:05 PM

Feb 2008
I'm dying right now, I want the next episode so bad.

Although, 'tis a sign of a great studo when they do that to their audience. Gives me hope for many more seasons happening.
Jul 19, 2009 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
Wahh! Cliffhanger!!
I like that kid. :)
Jul 20, 2009 8:36 AM
Feb 2009
Oosran said:
orangehouse said:
well tell me someone who did Not find that a bit funny?: D
lol, lawrence expression at that time is funny. ^^
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 20, 2009 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
*sigh with deepest pleasure*

In this episode Horo was sooo damn cute, it was nearly criminal. Apparently I had the same feelings as the little apprentice in this picture (I was grabbing my chest and tried to calm down several times).

10/10... no discussion about it!
(...then again, they could show me Horo eating an apple for 20 minutes and I would nevertheless give a perfect score).

I like the details about the character behaviour. For example:
1) When Guy Bartose told Lawrence that besides alchemy also magic was researched in that part of the city, Lawrence refused to walk on since as a merchant he just dont believe in that kind of superstition. So Guy had to cajole Lawrence into following him further to Deannas house by saying that they are all "nice people". XD
2) The absolutely funny chat between Mark and his wife. Quote: "I would bake Amati a cake over your jealous flames".
3) When Lawrence asks drunken Horo where Amati is, she says that she "probably" parted with him downstairs..... just hilarious! ^^

It really gives me the feeling of a very well-thought-out and mature storyline. Totally different to the "He is the only chosen one teenager that can safe the world and satisfy all the girls" anime I have watched way too often in my life. :P

ironchefflip said:
neverless said:
So no one has a clue what happened at the end eh..

They rolled credits and said the title of next week's episode.

I LOLed :D

Quanta said:
Oh very good episode. I like the pacing quite a lot and I haven't noticed any deviations from the novel.
This is such a good story. Hell, I know what happens next and I still can't wait to see the next episode!

Exactly. I have read the novel as well and have to say that to this point they adapted the story absolutely excellent. ^^

flame_tiong said:

so that is a fur of fox on horo's shoulder. always been thinking of it after i saw the the ending theme of first episode

Yeah, same here. I hoped it would be a hint at HoroXLawrence "offspring" or something. *sigh* :P
Jul 21, 2009 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
man what could happened xD a really nice ep either way.

Jul 22, 2009 3:24 AM

May 2009
oh damnit cliffhanger!! XD

At least the cliffhanger wasn't -too- bad, but still I'd like to know why Lawrence ran away like that. Horo so moe and cute o///o Ack I don't like Amati though...
Jul 22, 2009 3:27 AM

Jan 2008
Oh damn, wonder what happened. Horo <3
Jul 23, 2009 5:46 AM
Jan 2008
I think I know what the cliffhanger is all about.
Jul 26, 2009 11:19 PM

Dec 2008
horo really likes to tease lawrence, and i can't say that lightly.

that bit at the end seemed urgent.
gah cutting off the sound and leaving it at a cliff hanger. hmph leaving me to make up my own conclusions.
thought it also seemed like he was running away from something too.
Jul 28, 2009 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
Nice. A Horo's friend, the bear, eat the city :s
Jul 29, 2009 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
Shancakeschan said:
Wahh! Cliffhanger!!
I like that kid. :)

They certainly know how to make one! conclusions conclusions, I hope its not another mishap with trading again, maybe something to do with the alchemists

Jul 30, 2009 12:12 AM

Mar 2008
So far it's progressing nicely. Glad they added a lot of flashbacks, a lot of this stuff I have forgotten. When Lawrence was running I kept thinking the British are coming the British are coming ~_~.
Aug 12, 2009 7:07 AM

Jul 2009
XD zatake! i loved Lawrence's face when he was running at the end, so freakin scared o.o, and cliffhangers are always a way for the companies to keep the audience ^^,
I'm so gonna watch the 3rd ep after lunch :) And omg it really looked like they were doing *something* in that bed XD, looking forward for the 3rd ep,this anime is awesome
Aug 12, 2009 7:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Horo's become even more of a tease, very awesome.

Looking forward to see what made Lawrence run like that in the next episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 19, 2009 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
vinesage said:
i got the feeling horo is getting a lot moe this season (which is good and bad...)

Yeah i got that feeling also.
Also that witch woman is very good looking.

Anyway this episode left us with a cliffhanger so am kind of anxious to see what happened.
Sep 7, 2009 12:43 AM

Jul 2009
The Bear..makes me curious//
Sep 7, 2009 8:03 AM

Jun 2008
Horo would have to know something about this spirit bear since she's a spirit wolf. Maybe she left the northland because she lost to it. *shugging shoulding*
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 7, 2009 8:09 AM
Aug 2009
sbyrstall said:
Horo would have to know something about this spirit bear since she's a spirit wolf. Maybe she left the northland because she lost to it. *shugging shoulding*

I'm not sure whether this counts as a spoiler, so I'll use the tag just in case.

Oct 17, 2009 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Fuck this new blonde merchant. I'm thinking that he'll ruin the relationship of Horo and Lawrence. No Lawrence, you must win this battle.

Moon-hunting bear, huh? So, that's like the final boss or something?

Interesting episode. I wonder what did the young apprentice of Lawrence's friend told Lawrence. He was in a rush in the end, lol.
Nov 6, 2009 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
It seems to have a serious story from now, and the pacing is normal to me so far. Lawrence is certainly stupid when it comes to Horo. I figured out Amrty will ruin Lawrence and Horo's relationship. Damn cliffhanger. :<
gameoffreak8Nov 6, 2009 2:59 PM
Nov 8, 2009 5:56 AM

Apr 2009
FTGT said:
*sigh with deepest pleasure*

In this episode Horo was sooo damn cute, it was nearly criminal. Apparently I had the same feelings as the little apprentice in this picture (I was grabbing my chest and tried to calm down several times).

yes... i had that EXACT same feeling xD... baka lawrence, just go kiss horo alrdy =P
Nov 10, 2009 8:56 AM
Nov 2009
I don't see why people think Horo's so damn cute. She's "sexy", yes, but she's also an alcoholic who doesn't seem capable of basic empathy (even Mark has noticed that Lawrence is acting strangely). She's winding Lawrence up like a cheap watch.

Horo also doesn't seem to want Lawrence to know she's got plans for Amarty. I guess she wants him to suffer a bit for not telling her what he's up to? She'll reap what she sows, because it's obvious he's destined to screw *something* up.

Frankly I don't think Horo's earned a kiss (though neither has Lawrence). Besides, Lawrence obviously isn't in this for the sex. Frankly I can see why - I'd be a little wary of sexing up a drunken wolf goddess too.
Nov 11, 2009 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
Once again a good episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 7, 2010 8:13 PM
Feb 2009
that amaty guy doesnt look liek a go0d guy.
Jun 11, 2010 7:04 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder what the messenger said to Lawrence.
Jun 25, 2010 8:23 AM

Dec 2009
Damn cliffhanger !
No matter how i look at it Horo wearing that thing around her neck is a lil weird XD.
Jul 1, 2010 12:58 AM

Feb 2010
Finally started watching season 2, after finishing season 1 since like May, I watched both dubs and subs from Funimation. Now there's only subs for season 2. I gotta say that the dub fits more imo though since the setting is like a European style. The Eng VA for Holo has the ascent ;D fits nicely. I don't really like the Jap VA they all sound too young.
I mistaken that blonde kid for a girl lol...Season 2 seems pretty good so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 6:28 PM

Sep 2008
Ahhh! What?! What happened?! Evil cliffhanger...!

It was amusing watching Lawrence talk to his merchant pal about Amati... He seemed to convince himself one minute that he really believed what he was saying (that there was surely nothing between Amati and Horo) and the next he'd be seriously doubting... XD

Was Horo's stomach upset from eating or drinking too much, I wonder...? (I mean, after her day with Amati.) I'd think that she would've restrained herself since she would want to keep up her charade as some coy, innocent nun...
May 11, 2011 11:33 PM

Dec 2009
What a cliffhanger!

Aug 6, 2011 2:44 PM

May 2011
I miss the old OP and ED. :/

But what did that kid told to Lawrence.. Needs more. >.>
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 1, 2011 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
Holy crap what did Lawrence hear to leave like that? O_o it couldn't be about Horo because she was with him.

Pretty good episode. As far as dialogue and conversations go, this was the most interesting episode of Spice and Wolf so far. Oh and loved the "witch"!
Jan 11, 2012 12:59 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, this season is really going well better than the previous one imo ^__^

but

MaxCrazy7 said:
Cliffhanger from hell!
Jan 13, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2010
Horo. Lol Lawrence...
Feb 29, 2012 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
This season seems a little better than the first season because the story seems to be progressing better in my opinion. Good start, looking forward to the next episode! :D
May 5, 2012 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
OriginANIME said:
This season seems a little better than the first season because the story seems to be progressing better in my opinion.

I agree. They hardly mentioned Yoitsu at all during the first season.
May 17, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
Damn that cliffhanger!

Hakuromatsu said:
OriginANIME said:
This season seems a little better than the first season because the story seems to be progressing better in my opinion.

I agree. They hardly mentioned Yoitsu at all during the first season.

Same here! I'm enjoying this season so far.
Aug 26, 2012 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
Awesome! At least we are learning more about Horo's home town now.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 26, 2012 1:22 PM

Dec 2011
Oh come on.. leaving us with that cliff hanger is just pure torture!
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Sep 22, 2012 7:25 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode and now I really want to know what the kid said. Also, I did not recognize the little apprentice's dub voice in this show until he was yelling after Lawrence at the end. I couldn't help but laugh a little and imagine a big suit of armor chasing after Lawrence.
Sep 28, 2012 6:07 AM

May 2012
Nice episode we got some more background information about the place where horo grow up and the rest was quite general talk though I do wonder what that kid said on the end! Let's figure it out in the next episode!
May 5, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
Waiting for more romantic moments
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

445 by patkarunungan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

210 by BetaMaleUltra »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

291 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 3:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.