Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2009 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so... he killed his mom, huh? what a sad episode...

AND WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH WHINREY RANDOMLY SMILING AT THE END?? i HATE her!!!!!!!!
I want your soul... so please, click.
Jul 18, 2009 1:38 PM

Dec 2008
sweet he didn't even need to draw the symbol on the floor like the one where lust died.
Jul 19, 2009 11:50 PM
Apr 2009
Stupid Wrath.
Jul 21, 2009 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
Edward: "The number of people I must beat to a pulp after this has grown too big... If I don't write them down I'm gonna forget them!"

i don't know if it meant the same thing in japanese but that was sooooooooo funny=))))

Nov 8, 2009 6:59 AM

Oct 2009
hweh. I thought Ed will talk to her mother somehow not just killing her.
It's so sad.
T_T.

May 14, 2010 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
I`m sad beacause Lust died....I really liked her...
May 14, 2010 3:12 PM

Oct 2008
seriously...this episode really gets intese.....the intensity of this show has been down for quite sumtime now....but it has picked up slowly.....i dont mind......im rewatchin it for the 5th time already
Sep 16, 2010 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
I kinda felt bad for lust
Oct 7, 2010 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
faceless-code said:

I agree.

I also feel bad that Ed had to kill his "Mom"

Nov 1, 2010 8:52 PM
Apr 2009
suki78787 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

AND WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH WHINREY RANDOMLY SMILING AT THE END?? i HATE her!!!!!!!!

that probobly wasnt winry. proboly was the homunculie...i have no idea how to spell that lol...that can change forms. if not then... well theres some reason to it. why do u hate her? -.- like it wasnt even really their mom
May 1, 2011 2:33 AM

Feb 2011
Friggin Lust had to die. I actually started liking her since she was the most human out of all of those homunuli. I wish Greed and Lust come back (which they most likely won't but still haha). Wrath that silly faggot, you should die now

And screw the mother, she was gonna backstab them anyway.
May 23, 2011 3:30 AM

Dec 2010
This was dramatic one, even for FMA. Lust got killed at the moment she tried to become somewhat of a nice person. What's with this killing of cool characters? Too good she didn't have time to become my favorite, like what happened with Greed. I still hope that someone will revive him =\.
May 26, 2011 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
CNyle said:
faceless-code said:

I agree.

I also feel bad that Ed had to kill his "Mom"

he didnt, and neither do i
kwangsta said:
Friggin Lust had to die. I actually started liking her since she was the most human out of all of those homunuli. I wish Greed and Lust come back (which they most likely won't but still haha). Wrath that silly faggot, you should die now

this

Jun 9, 2011 1:01 PM
May 2011
Al was such an idiot at the beginning!!!! It's her fault Lust died. Thank goodness freakin' Sloth is gone now. I still HATE Wrath with a passion. What the HELL does he think he's doing calling Sloth mom.
Sep 8, 2012 4:24 AM

May 2012
Nice episode especially the ending but what was Winry doing there oO?

Though sad Lust died she was actually turning to be someone useful!
Oct 8, 2012 1:06 AM

Jul 2009
man Lust can be brutal when she was relentless attacking that stupid wrath.

and why the hell did Lust have to die T_____T

she's becoming more human now, once she realizes her memories etc.

she could have survived if Al didn't kept the pendant or if she didn't threw it away in the ground.

Wrath having some sort of Identity crisis.

understandable since he has Al's right arm and foot combined with Izumi's son.

kinda interesting on how when i first saw Izumi,i thought she should have been the mother of Ed and Al in the first place instead.

damn Ed is really smart, being able to adapt to any situation in an instant.

and yes i kinda wish Greed had a bigger role on this.

so Sloth will now vanquish?? :(

i like how she somehow met Dante and was able to rejuvenate her image over time.

love the backstory, she could actually be their real mother(big possibility)

soo many characters dying in an instant :(

only 4 episodes left!
SomaHeirOct 8, 2012 9:21 AM
Oct 28, 2012 3:57 PM

May 2012
Damn! If Ed can make his arm into a machine gun, why doesn't he do it all the time??!! xD
Jan 2, 2013 10:36 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
a bit weird seeing so much going on! Hell lot of disagreements from everyone. never seen that many yes or no, do it or don't do it, kill or don't kill Looool
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 2, 2013 10:39 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
might i add a lot of hesitation going on too.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 3, 2013 12:28 PM

Mar 2011
Too bad Lust had to die, I was starting to like her.
Jul 28, 2013 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
kwangsta said:

This :'(
Aug 19, 2013 10:25 PM

May 2013
suki78787 said:

So you love Wrath, you hate Winry, and you're STILL referring to Sloth as their "mom".... tbh we are probably not going to get along, lol.

goldrose said:
Too bad Lust had to die, I was starting to like her.

Yeah, me too :/ Her Ishbalite form is prettier imo (:
and I still wanna meet Lust #1 :3
Sep 17, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
This series has become quite dark since Shou Aikawa took over writing the last arc.
I know this style of dark story telling is beloved by people who watch a lot of Seinen, but I still want some of that positivity the early parts of this series had, or at least for it to end that way.
It feels like Edward Elric has become more pessimistic, and not in a natural way. As soon as Shou took over, Ed has become a real nihilist.

I am enjoying this series quite a lot, but the characters are almost acting, out of character. Everyone has become much more negative than they usually are from around episode 38 on.

I hope the ending will not be a pessimistic. I'm watching a Shounen, I should feel good at the end, just like in Brotherhood (Despite how Shounen of a trope it was, I still loved it).
I just don't like leaving on a sour note, you know what I mean?

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
KuandohanSep 17, 2013 1:33 PM
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Jan 31, 2014 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
how the hell did Winry get there and what was she doing there :O i so don't hope that it is envy taking Winry's form but its possible she is after them to and didn't show up yet they would be tricked easier that way.

why did Lust have to be dead in this episode but funny how Sloth gets beaten at the end because of a stupid mistake Wrath makes he forgot he absorbed her weakness in him so he actually helped Ed with out knowing it.

still sad for Ed having to kill his own mom or her appearance she isn't her for real of course.

is it just me or are some things changed like Ed was sometimes showing his childish side and his human side in earlier episodes but right now he seem like any other anime character not acting human or as child anymore. this might have been because of what Greed tried to learn him if Ed didn't become like this he could never win that's why he wanted Ed to see what it is to kill someone before he got to this point that's at least what i think.
RobertovkJan 31, 2014 3:06 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 30, 2014 5:10 AM

Oct 2013
epic trollin mum. get away from that shiet
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 28, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2013
suki78787 said:

This ^^^^

I'm sad Lust died to Wrath of all people.
Aug 7, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, I'll miss Lust, she was the best homunculus.

You just knew Ed had to kill his mother.
Sep 22, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
The best of the homunculi, goodbye Lust.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 30, 2014 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
Kuandohan said:
This series has become quite dark since Shou Aikawa took over writing the last arc.
I know this style of dark story telling is beloved by people who watch a lot of Seinen, but I still want some of that positivity the early parts of this series had, or at least for it to end that way.
It feels like Edward Elric has become more pessimistic, and not in a natural way. As soon as Shou took over, Ed has become a real nihilist...

Yep, this anime is borderline Seinen... But that's whay Brotherhood is for, right? To heal our broken heart :'/

I didn't quite like the way they handle Sloth, actually. I thought her feelings would be as strong as Lust's, as in clouding her judgement on whether the Homonculus can take Dante's word for granted or not. I mean, it's the mother of the main characters! But... yeah.

Oh, and man... Wrath needs a kick in the face.
Dec 28, 2014 6:40 AM
May 2012
Fucking shit, just fucking shit.
Al was annoying at the beginning, Wrath is fucking annoying, Wrath killed Lust.....fucking shit, man.

Kuandohan said:
It feels like Edward Elric has become more pessimistic, and not in a natural way. As soon as Shou took over, Ed has become a real nihilist.

I am enjoying this series quite a lot, but the characters are almost acting, out of character. Everyone has become much more negative than they usually are from around episode 38 on.

I hope the ending will not be a pessimistic. I'm watching a Shounen, I should feel good at the end, just like in Brotherhood (Despite how Shounen of a trope it was, I still loved it).
I just don't like leaving on a sour note, you know what I mean?

Well......yep.
Feb 15, 2015 2:42 AM

Apr 2013
2003 Alphone Elric has to be one of the most annoying anime characters ever, how he can endager his brother that often and still doesn't learn is beyond me.
Feb 17, 2015 1:35 AM

Jan 2014
Lust <3 ;-;

"Dammit, there are so many idiots whose asses I have to kick!!
I'll have to start carrying a list just to keep track of them all."
And yes Ed!! A way to go! :D
Mar 16, 2015 2:36 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was awful. So many random events panned out with bad pacing, holy moly. Only sad thing that happened is that Lust died. She was the only likeable homunculus as she was the only one with character growth. But even her death was so random. That amulett literally fell out of thin air. Reminded me of the stupid ass-pulls of old shounen like DBZ or YYH.

Gator said:
2003 Alphone Elric has to be one of the most annoying anime characters ever, how he can endager his brother that often and still doesn't learn is beyond me.

His brother isn't better. How can he be fooled so often and still be naive as hell?
Jul 13, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2015
This story is really wrapping up now. The suspense is real. I haven't felt the need to watch the next episode in this anime for a while now. I'm glad it's really picking up near the end.
Jul 14, 2015 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
"Dammit there's so many idiots who's asses I have to kick!"
Great quote right there^

NOOOOO LUST T^T

Good thing Wrath wasn't thinking and he fused himself with Sloth...But I wonder what will happen to Wrath now? Gosh Wrath is awful =( His existence is still sad though.
Aug 3, 2015 5:08 PM

Aug 2015
I'm sad about Lust. I saw that coming with Wrath and Sloth once he absorbed that box into his chest. Still, wtf Al!? There are times when I love him, and other times when I just want to slap him until he stops being such a naive idiot.

Fantastic episode. I can't stop watching. Probably going to finish this series up tonight!

★ 5/5
Nov 26, 2015 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
A nice episode fought on all fronts, in the end I almost feel sorry for the Homunculus, in at once go away already two. Still interesting narrative, another piece of the puzzle is set up and you discover how were born Lust and others. Interesting until the end of this episode and melancholy as well.
Nov 28, 2015 10:07 AM
Nov 2014
Fuck Wrath, Lust FTW!
Jan 17, 2016 8:58 AM

Dec 2009
Al can stop being an asshole any time. He keeps becoming the occasional antagonist cause he's a dope.
Such junk...
Mar 2, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2014
I love how this show has played out like a Frankenstein's monster scenario. The homunculi weren't necessarily evil, everyone (like Scar and Ed) hated them because they aren't human, but they DID still have memories and feelings. Lust really does have the memory and feelings of her human counterpart, and Sloth also has Trisha's memories and feelings. Lust wants to embrace them, but no one will let her because she is a fake. Sloth just wants to separate herself from them, but she can only do that if she kills Ed and Al. Freaking love it, completely different from Brotherhood. Dunno why people say FMA 2003 has a bad story, it's different from the manga but it's still really good and works as a standalone story. 5/5
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Mar 6, 2016 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
Al pissed me off in this episode.

RIP Lust. You shall be missed ;_;

Fuck Wrath lol
Mar 31, 2016 3:58 AM
Nov 2015
What is this??? like the writers didn't have a goal at the start of the episode and kept improvising.

SPOILERS////

First thought the seal was for Sloth then turned out Lust then Sloth still died. They kept putting forth characters' motives to fill up 22 minutes.

Wrath loved mama so he fused one with her. Then turned out he helped kill her then he cried mama again.

Al loved mama so he threw the bones. THen turned out mom sneeks into his body so he with his brother used alchemy to kill mom again.

And the onslaught on MAMA, NII-SAN, I WANT TO BE HUMAN (so I want to die/ so I should kill you) is ridiculous.

In the end, during the interval btw Sloth's near death and real death, she managed to say she didn't want to be Ed's mama, then will be Wrath's mama, then what the fuck did she fused with Wrath for?? it's so complicated I can't take it in.

And during that too is the ridiculous death of Lust (poor her, she should have thrown mister AL out the window)
Feb 12, 2017 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
Al you baka! RIP Lust. Wrath being a little pussy bitch as always.
May 28, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Lust :(
Also Sloth dying was kinda sad, just like Lust she's confused about her memories but at the same time not being human.

Good episode.
Jul 3, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2017
I was quite sad Lust died. She was a powerful ally.

I love how in the end while Ed is killing Sloth, Winry just smiles like "oh, there goes Ed again, murdering someone who looks like his mom lol"
Aug 15, 2017 3:46 AM
Nov 2009
suki78787 said:

That wasn't his mom. Also, Alphonse being an idiot. Winry being there and smiling like an idiot for no reason?

Too bad Lust got killed off.
Apr 28, 2018 1:01 AM

Sep 2013
Al is SO damn stupid and naive

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 25, 2019 5:38 PM

Aug 2007
Mm.. I guess I understand why Sloth was trying to separate themselves from their memories, since the apathy is more fitting for the sin... But I don't know. I think they should have made it more emotional between the brothers and Sloth. I'd rather see that than watch Wrath being out of control.

Jun 22, 2019 12:48 AM

Jul 2016
Uuuuuhhhh... How did Winry get here? Anyways, good episode. I hope they reveal some twist soon enough. Sloth is messed up, her backstory and her actions.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 20, 2008

67 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 13, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 21, 2008

170 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 12, 2009

56 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 11, 2009

57 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 48 Discussion

suki78787 - Jul 13, 2009

44 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.