Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 17, 2009 6:46 PM

Sep 2008
adamantine said:
suigetsu00 said:
i just looked it up but did anyone recognize ran fan's seiyu as hyuga hinata from naruto?
I feel like the only one who remembers her as Kirihara from DtB. Kirihara has the same sort of attitude that Ran Fan has.

Nana Mizuki voices her? cool. Wish people would recognize her as a singer as well though since she has an amazing voice.
Jul 17, 2009 9:16 PM

Dec 2008
waaahhh *____* I feel so lost here xD
I guess I'm one of the few people that has never seen the 1st FMA
velcom said:
adamantine said:
suigetsu00 said:
i just looked it up but did anyone recognize ran fan's seiyu as hyuga hinata from naruto?
I feel like the only one who remembers her as Kirihara from DtB. Kirihara has the same sort of attitude that Ran Fan has.

Nana Mizuki voices her? cool. Wish people would recognize her as a singer as well though since she has an amazing voice.

I didn't even know that Mizuki Nana is a seiyu until now xP and this is coming from a DtB fan (^^;;) argh! this is the work of duuuub D<
The change of songs caught me by surprise and I guess it came as a so-so for me...Though I came to like the ED a little bit more than the OP but I'm sure, after hearing it for a couple of times, I'm going to love them x3 Overall this ep is 4/5 for me^^
ureshii_xDJul 17, 2009 9:23 PM
Jul 18, 2009 2:52 AM
Mar 2009
Ling being a foreigner = epic.
"I-don't-understand-this-country's-language~!"
I love the accent. xD
Jul 18, 2009 4:27 AM

Feb 2009
Only one more badass character left to introduce...
Jul 18, 2009 4:27 AM

Feb 2009
meh double post
Jul 18, 2009 5:24 AM

Jan 2009
Finally !! After waiting for 14 episode, the manga plot cames !! I'm a little bit surprised knowing Ling is voiced bya Mamoru Miyano. Seems kinda remind me of the main character of Ouran (i forgot the name). But it was awesome !! Lan-fan is also awesome !! I waited the anime version of her !!

Sadly, the "beach scene" didn't included lol
Jul 18, 2009 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
New ED sounds nice but I like the colors or rather the visual composition of the previous. Anyway, this is a new arc so, it's okay.

Ling's VA is Mamoru. :3 Good voicing as usual.

Firestorm2117 said:
New OP was very generic, despite some decent action shots. Original OP was much, much better. Frankly, one of the best I had seen in a long time.

This.

yamato21 said:
...I'm a little bit surprised knowing Ling is voiced bya Mamoru Miyano. Seems kinda remind me of the main character of Ouran (i forgot the name). But it was awesome !!

It's Tamaki.
Jul 18, 2009 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
So wait, is this the point where manga plot comes in? No, I haven't read the manga so I woudln't know. But I'm interested.
Jul 18, 2009 10:57 AM

Jul 2007
TokyoNeonLight said:
So wait, is this the point where manga plot comes in? No, I haven't read the manga so I woudln't know. But I'm interested.

Manga plot "comes in from beginning". its like comparing Helllsing with Hellsing Ultimate first two OVA - the plot outline was similar but everything was way different.

The "Manga-only" part began last episode, so yes this is, too, never before seen, material.
Jul 18, 2009 11:17 AM

Mar 2009
Fai said:
TokyoNeonLight said:

Manga plot "comes in from beginning". its like comparing Helllsing with Hellsing Ultimate first two OVA - the plot outline was similar but everything was way different.

The "Manga-only" part began last episode, so yes this is, too, never before seen, material.

Well obviously that it starts from the beginning but yea i asked about "manga-only" part.
Jul 18, 2009 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
Oh so Ran Fan is similar to Kirihara (DtB)? Then I might like her. If she turns out to be the usual female follower in love with her lord and usually end up being rescued by him despite being introduced as skilled, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Ling Yao just screamed the annoying character archetype that his type usually are but after watching the episode....Miyano Mamoru's lovable portrayal of the character makes a lot of my initial hatred go away. >>;; But we'll see.

I really liked the first opening and the ending so I don't like the new ones as much. What's up with a lot of anime series starting off with a really catchy, fast paced song and then using a slower song after?
Jul 19, 2009 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
CookieBun said:
Oh so Ran Fan is similar to Kirihara (DtB)? Then I might like her. If she turns out to be the usual female follower in love with her lord and usually end up being rescued by him despite being introduced as skilled, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Nonono. She's badass.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 19, 2009 2:26 AM
Jul 2009
Can't any of you post without smilies?
Jul 19, 2009 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
LloydBarrieses said:
What's wrong with smileys? (and just for your sake, I posted without smileys)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
LloydBarrieses said:
But smilies are happy....:(!!
Jul 19, 2009 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
Cenedess said:
CookieBun said:

Nonono. She's badass.

Ah okay. I'll look forward to her in the future then.

LloydBarrieses said:

Well I try not to use them so much as to seem like spamming, but why shouldn't we?
Maybe some people prefer sounding really professional and all, but I like to use them to sound more friendly. I'm not sure how my words are interpreted by others but I feel my words sound a bit hard and I don't want to sound really cynical or cold or something along those lines. It's not like any of us are spamming it like "OMG KAWAI DESU =^_^= ^_~"

Oh yea, I forgot to mention how cute Mei Chang is~ The series is so good with making little kids adorable. Of course, Xiao-Mei is cute beyond words.
Jul 20, 2009 8:45 AM

May 2009
The First Impression:
Ling looks like the older version of Touma from 'Fantastic Children'.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RKQ29S8EL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

O_o

I like the ED. =D

Iahel said:

PS I've just noticed that Ran Fan looks like Ogiue from Genshiken manga...

yeeeeaaaah.....
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 20, 2009 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
woah finally something where i am sure that i didnt see this in the 1st season. lets see how it will develop. they will probably know the death of hughes next time. ranfan <3 nana mizuki <3

Jul 21, 2009 11:07 AM

Sep 2008
Quite liked this episode. Nothing too important was cut, although May's (I thought it was "Mei"? D: ) introduction wasn't as good as it could have been. Ling's was awesome. His voice even suits him. 8D

I looove the new opening and ending songs!

I might just as well have watched without subs though. ._. The subs in the video I saw were absolutely terrible. Anyway, that's got nothing to do with the actual episode...

Really enjoyed this one. :D I love having "new" anime material (as compared to the old one, I mean).
Jul 22, 2009 1:07 AM

Apr 2008
Why didn't Scar kill that little girl? She used alchemy. I thought he was against ALL alchemy.

Great new OP & ED though.
Jul 22, 2009 1:31 AM

Apr 2009
duotrouble said:
Why didn't Scar kill that little girl? She used alchemy. I thought he was against ALL alchemy.

D: Could YOU kill a kid with a panda? You evil person, you xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 22, 2009 10:54 AM

Oct 2008
an alright episode to say the least. didn't expect a new OP and ED already. the ones they had were great, but i'm liking the new ones too. a
Jul 22, 2009 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, stuff that wasn't in the first FMA! Nice! Can't wait to see how this develops! :D
Jul 22, 2009 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
Eww New OP and ED
Now I wana drop this show
Couldn't they at least used Yui forever
<.<
JOIN ZERO REQUIEM

Jul 23, 2009 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
i loved it it was awsome :D

may-chan is so cute, and i liked the fight and every thing great epside :D
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Jul 27, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
well heres something that wasn't explained in the first series- the state of the world, to think there were that many countries going at it
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 17, 2009 8:19 AM

Jun 2007
http://sarcasmpodcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=516035
Amazing episode. My review of it.
Check out my podcast here
Aug 26, 2009 10:17 PM

Sep 2008
It was sad to see the 1st OPs and EDs go so soon... I really liked them. The new ones are great too though!
& yay for the introductions of even more characters that didn't make it into the first series! Although I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Ling, but meh... also yay for more Winry & Riza <3 & Another yay for Mamoru Miyano ~
I feel like there's been a ton of WinEd and RoyAi scenes left out though (not just in this episode, but others too) so that kinda sad. Can't remember specifics though, just feel like things I liked were left out. Might be wrong. :/
Oct 3, 2009 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
New characters look awesome, as do new OP and ED. Woo~ New material ftw.
Nov 6, 2009 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
Pre-OP= Joliot Vs Scar awesomeness. Joliot's design is always something ultra duper super awesome.

OP: FUCKING AWESOME Scenes :3

Episode:

Mei's introduction = Shit
Rentanjutsu/Alkahestry introduction = OK.
Xiao Mei and SCAR = LOL
Mei's daydream = 100% faithful to manga LOL. :3
Riza's and Barry's scene = epic :3
Barry's Love = LOL
And here they cut Riza's call to Mustang.
Thankfully they did not cut "Did you kill Hughes?" line :3
Cut thar and thar and thar and thar and fracking thar.
Ling's introduction = Great.
Fight = EPIC :3
Fu = Solid Snake :3
Rabbit trap for Ran Fan = LOL
They skipped the "beach scene".... T_T

ED: calm.

I was disappointed at first when the Barry the Chopper was cut out of episode 14. Glad they brought it back. Sadly they chopped out (pardon the pun) the good part of the interagation. Riza was looking as beautiful as ever. She could almost be Winry's sister (a guy can dream, can't he?).

Good episode all around.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 12, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2007
this ep was so so. The fight of al and ed with the respectives rival was good.
Feb 2, 2010 9:59 PM
Nov 2009
Wow *possible spoiler if you haven't seen F.M.A original*, Al not needing the transutation circle is cool! The last anime must have been so different from the manga ^_^

Aww, both of them were so cute when they laughed at the prince ^_^

May 19, 2010 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
Pretty good. Looks like next episode will be sad.
May 22, 2010 11:07 PM

Nov 2008
ling appears!! and they actually call him ling! :D lol good ep....the dub is good...but ling's voice will take getting used to ><
May 22, 2010 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
suigetsu00 said:
ling appears!! and they actually call him ling! :D lol good ep....the dub is good...but ling's voice will take getting used to ><

That was my thought too. Although personally I didn't like Mei's voice...Lan Fan's was excellent though in my opinion.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 23, 2010 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
I might like this new arc. The episode made me laugh a few times, this new guy is interesting. I wonder what his real intent is. Also they still don;t know that Huges got killed.

Next episode should be interesting.
May 23, 2010 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
Suzune-chan said:
suigetsu00 said:

That was my thought too. Although personally I didn't like Mei's voice...Lan Fan's was excellent though in my opinion.

lol yeah i loved ran fan's voice....and mei's voice is ok.....fuu's was good lol

i wonder if they'll do what the japanese version did when ling becomes greed or keep the current voice
May 24, 2010 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
suigetsu00 said:
Suzune-chan said:
suigetsu00 said:

lol yeah i loved ran fan's voice....and mei's voice is ok.....fuu's was good lol

i wonder if they'll do what the japanese version did when ling becomes greed or keep the current voice

What did they do for Greed/Ling's Voice?
I personally thought they just used Greed's voice...perhaps I am way off

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 25, 2010 5:01 AM

Jun 2009
Please stop talking about the fucking manga. This is the anime discussion section, go talk about manga in the manga section.
May 29, 2010 8:34 PM
Apr 2010
Tyestor said:
Please stop talking about the fucking manga. This is the anime discussion section, go talk about manga in the manga section.

Amen
May 29, 2010 10:56 PM
May 2010
Wahaha. My middle school drama teacher does the voice of English Yoki. This is fun to watch.
May 29, 2010 10:58 PM
May 2010
Tyestor said:
Nothing wrong with comparing. Where else do you want them to compare? The manga section? It would be just as out of place, if not more so.
May 29, 2010 11:51 PM

Nov 2008
Tyestor said:

lol were talking about and comparing the japanese anime to the english dub lol
May 29, 2010 11:54 PM

Nov 2008
Suzune-chan said:
suigetsu00 said:
Suzune-chan said:
suigetsu00 said:

What did they do for Greed/Ling's Voice?
I personally thought they just used Greed's voice...perhaps I am way off

lol yeah in the japanese version they went back to the original greed voice but the dub could choose to keep ling's voice as greed lol
May 31, 2010 10:04 AM
Apr 2010
suigetsu00 said:

Even so that is out of place here as well you are talking and comparing in a thread that is for ONLY discussing episode 15 of this animation...while you guys are talking about things that happen dozens of episodes ahead of this...

If you guys really must talk about things like that atleast be respectful and put a spoiler tag or something..

Or better yet make a thread "English/Japanese Comparison" and take you talk there.

You guys just gave up one major spoiler about ling and greed don't do anymore for the people now watching this show and has not read the manga...seriously.
May 31, 2010 10:23 PM

Nov 2008
Osianilist said:
suigetsu00 said:

Even so that is out of place here as well you are talking and comparing in a thread that is for ONLY discussing episode 15 of this animation...while you guys are talking about things that happen dozens of episodes ahead of this...

If you guys really must talk about things like that atleast be respectful and put a spoiler tag or something..

Or better yet make a thread "English/Japanese Comparison" and take you talk there.

You guys just gave up one major spoiler about ling and greed don't do anymore for the people now watching this show and has not read the manga...seriously.

lol i just assume everyone on sites like these watch the japanese version lol my bad ><
Jul 5, 2010 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
Oh so many new characters all of a sudden. The chinese people decided to get involved in the series. It'll be a while for me to get used to them but anyways, it's good to see a new OP and ED.

It seems to be that all of them are going to the central? Let me guess? Something grand will happen there. Oh shit I am excited lol. By the way that ninja girl was hot. <3 That little girl was cute, and that prince guy seems to be strong but is just hiding his inner powers, lol.

Scar, as usual, is still an emo lone wolf. I wonder what's his goal. What is this no returning back thing he always say. I am curious.
Dec 14, 2010 9:06 PM

Nov 2009
Getting really addicted now *_*
Mar 17, 2011 7:06 PM

Mar 2010
the guys from the other country sure are formidable

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2011 1:12 PM

May 2010
I love this OP song, but this new plotline is a little confusing to me :P
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
11 hours ago

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.