Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2009 6:14 AM

May 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter kinda made me feel bad for all the mangakas that have to put their manga on hiatus due to an illness or some medical issue. x___x' I hope Mashiro gets better fast. I don't think he should continue drawing in the hospital :P Although... a manga getting put on hiatus from chp 18?! That's kinda... bad. D:

Jul 10, 2009 6:23 AM

May 2007
I bet Miho is going to tell Mashiro to work on the manga...but make sure to take it easy or something like that. I don't see any other reason why the chapter would end on the note it did.
Jul 10, 2009 6:29 AM

Jul 2008
As expected of her going to the hospital XD
But wat will she tell him???
DAM i wanna read next's week's chapter alrdy T.T
Jul 10, 2009 6:30 AM

Feb 2008
Kinda feel bad for Mashiro for the situation that he is in now.

Glad Takagi was smart enough to tell Miyoshi on Mashiro's condition and ask her to get him to stop drawing for a while. Kinda like the assistant's reaction towards Miyoshi.
Jul 10, 2009 6:56 AM

Jun 2008
Poor Mashiro...Of course, we should've expected something to come-up and prevent them from working on their series.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jul 10, 2009 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
I want them to kiss or something like that. Their relationship is so awkward
Jul 10, 2009 8:38 AM

Apr 2009
Aah~ what's his illness with gots and stuff ... ?
Didn't think it would have been that bad ... Going on hiatus when they started getting some recognition... :(
Mashiro kawaisou~...
Jul 10, 2009 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
So sad. I know that he should be resting, but another part of me really wants him to continue. lol when I'm feeling this just from reading, you know the manga is good.
Jul 10, 2009 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
I just knew something big was gonna happen after so much good news, that's how life is at times lol. Him wanting to draw even in his condition shows everyone how determined he is so that's kind of a good look for him, hopefully he can at least finish the color pages then maybe take a hiatus.
Jul 10, 2009 10:05 AM

Jan 2008
These two have one of the strangest relationships ever...
Jul 10, 2009 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
This chapter was kind of boring. i think someones going to have to remind Mashiro that his Uncle died from over work, which is what he's doing to himself right now.

Jul 10, 2009 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
Oh my!!! So in the end, a real rolls on Mashiro's and Takagi's lives!!! My so Saiko has a deficient nutrition (in the end someone got his/her theory right!)and his liver is the most affected organ... Oh so then that explains why he fainted so suddenly.... Interesting so he wanna keep drawing in the hospital, but then doctors tell him to rest for a long while.... In fact why he wanna keep on drawing although he's in there.... 18 chapters and after that being in Hiatus!!! No that's the end for a manga... well almost.... imagine... what would have happened to Naruto if something like that happened in it aerly publications.... Death... that's for sure.... I kinda understan Shujin and his wishes for him being the one that he should have fell ill in exchange of Saiko... but face it dude... You can't do anything 'cause Saiko is less caring with himself.... Oh my so Miho payed Saiko a visit!!!! What will she say to him!!!!? My... so this turns out to be an interesting cliffhanger again!!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2009 11:51 AM

Oct 2007
NoyaChan said:
This chapter kinda made me feel bad for all the mangakas that have to put their manga on hiatus due to an illness or some medical issue. x___x' I hope Mashiro gets better fast. I don't think he should continue drawing in the hospital :P Although... a manga getting put on hiatus from chp 18?! That's kinda... bad. D:

My thought as well, feel bad for people who have to go on hiatus, but those poeple usually have many more chapters and are much more well knows....
Chapter 18 which was their color pages as well...

I see him working in the hospital even if she says not to...
Jul 10, 2009 1:38 PM

Jun 2009
Ri-chan said:
This chapter was kind of boring. i think someones going to have to remind Mashiro that his Uncle died from over work, which is what he's doing to himself right now.

I would agree, but it's not just overwork, I mean, they are gonna operate on his liver! Although he might have exarcerbated the problem by overworking, you cannot just fuck up your liver simply by malnutrition, stress, and lack of sleep. He must have had a preexisting condition, especially since he doesn't drink.
Jul 10, 2009 2:05 PM

May 2007
mmmmmmmmmmmm disappointing :< no big drama
Jul 10, 2009 5:07 PM
Sep 2008
What about the editor's meeting where the prudence of serializing high school students is questioned?

Will still working on the manga impress them with their dilligence and drive ("Wow, you guys are hard workers even when you're hurt!") or will it be taken as disregard of limitations (or something) and make their series come under fire ("You won't even listen to take a break to get better, sowe can't allow you to continue until after you've graduated!") ?
Jul 10, 2009 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
Interesting chapter, I'm disappointed that Saiko wasn't in more series condition. His condition is bad, but could of been worse.

I'm also disappointed in Azuki. Walk into the damn room already. They're acting like children, and that damn assistant is going to sneak her way into things. Be a man and start some romance already.
Jul 10, 2009 5:40 PM

Nov 2007
So it could take him 3 months to recover, well not as bad as I thought it would've been but I feel Azuki may still tell him to stop, but who knows.
Jul 10, 2009 11:14 PM

May 2009
Lol, people walking by Azuki will be like wtf, who the hell are you talking to?
Jul 11, 2009 11:22 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
ClearSinz said:
As expected of her going to the hospital XD
But wat will she tell him???
DAM i wanna read next's week's chapter alrdy T.T
ditto.
Talvi said:
I want them to kiss or something like that. Their relationship is so awkward
Kanon-kun said:
seriously
alamarco said:
I'm also disappointed in Azuki. Walk into the damn room already. They're acting like children, and that damn assistant is going to sneak her way into things. Be a man and start some romance already.
LET'S SEE SOME ROMANCE!!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 12, 2009 11:51 AM
May 2008
lol what Naruleach said.

but yeah i feel bad for all mangakas that have to go on hiatus and stuff. this manga really makes me appreciate them as people and not just as the creators of great stories.
and i feel bad for Azuki because she has the pressure on her of trying to convince him to stop working but yet at the same time wanting his dream to come true... so sad...
Jul 23, 2009 1:28 PM

Jul 2008
3 months is a long time, he might go insane from it or something, but at least he has his girlfriend by his side
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 7, 2009 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
Kanon-kun said:

Just call it what it really is: RETARDED.

It's the one thing bringing this manga down, such a damn shame.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 2, 2010 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
CLIFFHANGERRR, wonder what Miho would say.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 16, 2010 10:32 PM

Jun 2009
I kind of realize the hardwork those Mangakas put into their works. Sleep and eating disorder's the common cause

Oh! crap Azuki really went to see Mashiro, but still keeping Mashiro's promise is really out of my league at least try to see her
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 15, 2011 6:47 PM

Dec 2008
This relationship between Mashiro and Azuki is just STUPID!! Your boyfriend is about to have surgery and you still don't want to see him? She should just walk in the room.
Dec 20, 2011 8:02 PM

Mar 2011
Definitely dying to read what Miho's message to him is!
Jun 12, 2012 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
Going on hiatus this early is really bad. But I don't like seeing Saiko sacrifice himself like this. He should just get better as soon as he can. There's no point in it all if he's just gonna end up like his uncle. Go convince him, Miho!
Nov 8, 2021 4:31 PM

Dec 2007
harsh chapter, but still kinda slow.

azuki can be touching though.
kinda weird ending though, like ohba ran out of pages on the middle lol.
User-NameNov 8, 2021 4:44 PM
Sep 5, 2022 7:40 PM
Feb 2021
This hit deep. Seeing Mashiro deny his health and strives to keep working on his manga shows how creatives sometimes forego their health to live their dreams.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.