Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2009 8:46 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The direction of this episode was absolutely awesome, and we got to see more of Ial, so all is great once again. Now waintin' for the next ep ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 9, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know, I thought there where a little too many repeated scenes in this episode... I still love the characters and the story, but all the repitions bothered me a little.
But it's probably different ifyou watch one episode a week...
Jul 9, 2009 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the rehashed stuff, and that the time that I wanted to hear the harp most (at the end) I heard piano instead. Other than that, I'm starting to really enjoy the connection they are drawing between the animal kingdom and humans...though it seems to like insects (bees and dragonflies) as much as they do Touda and Beast Lords.
Jul 9, 2009 2:17 PM

Sep 2008
Woot! finally..

So she finally got her harp tunes so she can speak to beast-lords. :)

can't wait to see how it progresses!!!

keep up the fast releases SS
Jul 9, 2009 4:05 PM

Feb 2008
i know man. SS is really kicking ass.

so this is the beginning of her ascension. instead of numbing the beasts they should use a more efficient way that keeps them active.

too bad the old geezers aren't going to like someone who is both fearless and smarter than they are.
Jul 10, 2009 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode overall,
Loved the last scene when Lilan finally ate the meat, with Erins harp, beautiful scene
Too bad there isn't anymore episodes out, want to keep watching, gahh!!
Jul 10, 2009 11:10 PM

Jun 2007
kisami said:

so this is the beginning of her ascension. instead of numbing the beasts they should use a more efficient way that keeps them active.

too bad the old geezers aren't going to like someone who is both fearless and smarter than they are.

Wont matter once they see her riding in on the top of a beast lord commanding a beast army :P. I suspect by the end of this series Eri will be able to communicate and reason with most of the major beasts in her world.
Jul 10, 2009 11:54 PM

Apr 2009
DeathfireD said:
kisami said:

Wont matter once they see her riding in on the top of a beast lord commanding a beast army :P. I suspect by the end of this series Eri will be able to communicate and reason with most of the major beasts in her world.

I do secretly hope that is what's going to happen after another time-skip maybe. It would remind me of Rydia from Final Fantasy IV in the best way possible.
Jul 11, 2009 6:59 PM

Jun 2007
vucubcaquix said:
DeathfireD said:
kisami said:

I do secretly hope that is what's going to happen after another time-skip maybe. It would remind me of Rydia from Final Fantasy IV in the best way possible.

I think we're all secretly hoping for that to happen ;).
Jul 17, 2009 1:35 AM

Apr 2008
Ial! I'm so happy to see more of him. I hope he keeps reappearing, which I'm sure he will. ^_^
Jul 21, 2009 6:31 AM

Jan 2008
Well well, there we go. Could this mean the end of the mute whistle?
Jul 22, 2009 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode, very satisfying.

noteDhero said:
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the rehashed stuff, and that the time that I wanted to hear the harp most (at the end) I heard piano instead.
Though you have to admit that was a great tune. I thought it fit the rather emotional scene quite well.
Jul 24, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2006
So, the title of the anime is fully explained now. Very awesome.
Sep 1, 2011 4:28 PM

Sep 2008
kisami said:

It seems older generations are usually hesitant to accept new - and better - ways of doing things. Seems like a general trend, and something that happens in real life. It's pretty neat that this series will be picking up on that in the next episode... or it at least looks like it will.

I was glad to see Ial again, too. :D And that Erin did manage to finally communicate with Lilan via the harp. Hopefully this means Lilan will make a full recovery now.
Oct 20, 2011 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
Oh man, such a feel good episode. I sighed and teared up a little at the end. So sweet.
Jun 6, 2012 6:58 PM

May 2010
STOP CRYING!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 30, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
"The start of their future together"? The implications here are very interesting, and if they come true, I can see the anime going in a very favourable direction.
Oct 14, 2013 10:04 PM
Aug 2011
I hope they cut down on these constantly repeated flashback scenes.
Mar 24, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2012
That ending <3 Really loved the development in this one plus the action was also quite lovely!
Jun 22, 2014 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
Lilan's so adorable ;__;
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 15, 2014 6:05 AM

Nov 2009
Hrmmm . . . I've started having this sort of, annoyance, with how often they break into one of like the three songs they have and just have flash backs, I mean it fits . . . But it happens way too often for its own good.

Anyways, seems like Lilan is okay now, wonder what the next step she is going to try and take with lilan now that it eats.
Jun 16, 2015 12:20 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like Daimiya's plans had a little wrench thrown in them, and Erin finally breaks through with Lilan. The plot thickens.
Mar 29, 2016 7:58 PM
May 2010
Ial and Erin pairing perhaps, and Princess and Duke's first son! I hope it ends up like this!
Nov 14, 2016 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
I still really wanna know the true meaning behind Ial and Hagul's exchange. So is Hagul actually part of this rebel group? If so, why?

Now Erin can also build her own harp and tame a Beast Lord. God, she's so OP lmao.
Aug 19, 2018 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
Another great episode!

We got to understand the current situation of the country even better, and it's really bad and sad. People that live on the same land are hating and ostracizing each other. It was particularly bad the disregard they have to those that are fighting to protect the border, no wonder the Saigamul were born, but it seems like it's an old problem already, the country is just finally rotting from inside out, reaching its breaking point.

We also finally get to hear the talk between Ial and Hagal that took place during their confront, and we can't really blame either of them for things turning out as they did, they both were simply doing what they thought was right.

And I knew that wound would open up if he had to fight, but Ial was so cool fighting and winning against two opponents, he's really strong! Those dragonflies in the background were such a nice touch too, just like the flashback with a bit of his training! I also loved how Erin immediately recognized him, and how he said that she still had the same eyes. And also the way he taught her how to make the harp she needed. It was so moving to finally see Lilan eating, I teared up a bit.

Oh, and it seems the attempt to kill the Queen, and the wounded Beast-Lord left an impression on Seimiya, here's hoping she will get some nice character development! Shunan isn't giving up on her either, I can't wait to see how things play out.
May 25, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2012
So Ial had a conversation first before he killed his mentor
His mentor recognize that the problem with their country is not from outside, but from the inside
Which pretty common thing, but it's easier to blame people from outside than from inside

Erin is truly multi-talented, now she's able to make her own harp.. well at least modifying it for now

Seems like they're going to kick Erin out of school on the next ep
"Signature removed"
Jun 30, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Now we know why the anime is called Beast Player Erin. The Saigamaru subplot is really interesting. I'm liking this anime quite a bit. Too early to make any definite statements on how I feel but it could end up in my favorites.
Nov 8, 2019 4:33 AM

Oct 2015
Nice to see Ial again, especially since he was able to help Erin curve a solid harping sound for Lilan. Glad that lord beast is healthy again.

Those tears.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 13, 2020 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
Awww Erin and Lilan really do be on the same wavelengths
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2016
i cant believe this anime so fucking hidden gems !!

the directions is super awesome !!

thank god i watched this anime
Jan 19, 2022 7:34 PM

Aug 2018
Ayy, Lal and Erin meet again!

Lilan is eating! Very nice.

Mar 28, 2023 8:53 PM

Nov 2021
Erin might actually become the first one ever to befriend a beast-lord.
prozyneMar 28, 2023 8:58 PM
Jul 4, 2023 10:17 PM

Jan 2021
Ial's on the trail! Comparing their fight to a trio of dragonflies was kind of silly and it's another example of where the directing choice of quick cuts back and forth really doesn't work well for me.
It was mentioned the Saigamuru accused the queen of forbidding the growth of the country. Not sure if they're just war hawks and wanted to expand through conquest or meant something else by that.
Hm.. flowers sent from Kazalm, I wonder if that might be a reason for Erin to encounter Seimiya sooner than I was expecting. Maybe Seimiya will want to come to Kazalm to see Lilan?
I know Erin's a talented kid but crafting a music instrument over the course of a few hours is straining my suspension of disbelief, even if she's not aiming for something regular and high quality. As with most media it's the things you're more familiar with that are harder to believe.
Thinking about the bigger picture of the anime, so far it's been mostly divided into two sections with one being Erin's personal journey and the other focusing on the kingdom at the highest levels. There have been points where they've intersected like this episode and Erin's first encounters with Ial (both of which significantly affected her life) but so far they haven't really overlapped any significant amount. Eventually I imagine the two will merge and Erin will change the course of the kingdom, but I really do enjoy stories where the main character is generally at the mercy of the larger system and can't do much to affect it in turn, or can only do so indirectly. I don't expect this to be one of those, unfortunately.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 36 Discussion

wakka9ca - Sep 20, 2009

26 by Rob7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 4:58 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 42 Discussion

DeathfireD - Nov 1, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 41 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 25, 2009

37 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 40 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 17, 2009

39 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 39 Discussion

Ahohime - Oct 11, 2009

40 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.