Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2009 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Not to self: When a girl loses her front teeth, she looks like she was punched in the face.

I laughed when Daikichi said that he threw them on the roof because that's what my dad told me to do when I lost teeth. Must be an Asian thing maybe...
I remember my dad did that string attached to the door nonsense to me once...

I guess he's finally discovering the treasures of being a parent though, even if he was straying off in his thoughts, he's still there, every step of the way.

The tooth fairy though...xD

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2009 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
Oh yeah ! I was so shocked when I saw a friend in Japan throw her teath on the roof !
In France, you put your teeth under your pillow and it's the little mouse that come at night to retrieve the teath wich she uses to build her house,and in exchange she gives you some money :P (well I do have them in a little keepcase now)
Aah ... It brings back memory ^^

Rin really is cute without her front teath :)

HawthorneKitty said:

I guess he's finally discovering the treasures of being a parent though, even if he was straying off in his thoughts, he's still there, every step of the way.

So true.
Jul 9, 2009 7:06 AM

May 2007
Nice to see a huge bunch of chapter releases. Fun read.

As a 23 year old male, I find myself totally relating to Daikichi and his problems, despite not having a kid to take care of like him. But I find myself having some of the same thoughts that he is.
Aug 1, 2009 1:50 AM

Feb 2008
at times like these I wonder if Daikichi is still keeping her mother in the loop. (sending her that picture too, telling her about the jump rope contest, etc)
Aug 3, 2009 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
I like this manga very much. There's just so many things that bring back memories, or things that I wonder about myself when thinking about the future.
I loved this chapter.
Aug 5, 2009 8:28 AM

Nov 2008
Usagi Drop has been licensed.
Aug 8, 2009 4:11 AM

Sep 2008
KenShiRo-Sama said:
Sad news indeed, if nobody else decides to scanlate it, then I'll have to wait until March 2012 at best to find out what happens...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2009 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
KenShiRo-Sama said:
Sad news indeed, if nobody else decides to scanlate it, then I'll have to wait until March 2012 at best to find out what happens...

T.T

I wouldn't have even bothered starting the series if I'd known this was going to happen :(
Aug 25, 2009 11:38 AM
Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
KenShiRo-Sama said:
jacobpaige said:
HawthorneKitty said:
KenShiRo-Sama said:

T.T

I wouldn't have even bothered starting the series if I'd known this was going to happen :(

Ah, I still think it was worth it. Especially since I heard on one of my forums that this is the end of the "nice happy part" and that this could pretty much be the ending if you wanted it to be. From what I hear though the manga goes on for quite a bit more, so I would love to continue seeing scanlations until it is actually released in the US.
Sep 27, 2009 7:23 AM

Sep 2009
salnota said:
I heard on one of my forums that this is the end of the "nice happy part" and that this could pretty much be the ending if you wanted it to be. From what I hear though the manga goes on for quite a bit more.

yeah, i'd heard that as well. apparently the second half of the story is how they cope with each other when rin is a teenager, but i haven't looked at any of the raw scans for the following chapters yet, so i don't know how much truth there is in that.

still, i don't feel like it was a waste of time reading up to chapter 24. i've really enjoyed it.
Sep 27, 2009 2:44 PM

Sep 2008
I'm jus trying to figure out a way to remind myself years later of releases because this manga is definitely one that I would like to own. =x
Sep 28, 2009 12:48 AM

Sep 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
I'm jus trying to figure out a way to remind myself years later of releases because this manga is definitely one that I would like to own. =x

same. i'd love to own it, but it's something i'll probably forget about two years down the line :/
Nov 1, 2009 7:27 PM

Apr 2009
Throw your lower teeth on the roof and the upper teeth under your bed or under your house. That's what I was taught. Did the tooth fairy thing as well, of course.

Didn't know Usagi Drop was licensed.

Nov 17, 2009 4:23 AM

Mar 2008
This reminds me of a deep question. What the heck do parents do with the baby teeth anyways? Do they just chuck them out the window or toss into the garbage? Anyways I made good money off that fairy. Every tooth got me some coinage :). Kind of interesting to hear about chucking them on the roof. Never even thought about it.

Anyways love Rin's expression when it was brought up how Daikichi's mother wanted to pull his loose teeth out with a string.

Wow I only find out about it being licensed when I get to this point. Oh well. Still glad I decided to check this one out though. It's been a really nice and enjoyable read. Don't think there are any regrets about that. Besides it's one that makes you think a little bit about things.

Will hopefully keep it in my mind long enough to buy the first volume when it comes out. Once I have a copy on the shelf shouldn't forget about subsequent releases easily.
Jan 4, 2010 2:25 AM

Apr 2009
So this is where the scanlations ends huh?

I enjoyed this Manga so much, since it already is licensed it would be great if they license it in Germany too.
Feb 14, 2010 2:46 AM
Sep 2009
I just hope someone will scanlate more of it, since "licensed in US" means nothing to me (and they seem to plan releasing volumes 1-4 only...)
We're just dirty foreigners, our arguments are invalid.
Sep 28, 2015 3:08 AM

Apr 2013
I used to throw my teeth out the window.
Feb 14, 2019 7:03 PM
Apr 2018
So heartwarming, when the other parents started to talk about how parenting is their "me-time" too. This manga really makes you have children

More topics from this board

» When does it get trash?

AshTheChamp - Mar 22

4 by blinddig »»
Apr 8, 4:09 AM

» why hate usagi drop manga's end? ( 1 2 3 )

liveanime - Jan 15, 2016

134 by kmd3134 »»
Jan 25, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 62 Discussion

Dr_Funkadelic - Feb 27, 2013

44 by BigBlueBash »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 61 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 28, 2013

1 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 60 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

4 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.