Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2009 12:45 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Does Heidi ever take a bath? LOL
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 24, 2016 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
Heidi get's exited to see the deer eating her hay and say's "It's eating it, it's eating it".

"Yes Heidi. It's eating it" grandpa responses to Heidi and a grin comes to his face.

Grandpa continues "And the next winter we are eating it" say's the grandpa and starts laughing sinisterly.
Jun 26, 2017 6:34 PM

May 2010
You win this thread, Kurowin!
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 1, 2019 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
As expected winter is also beautiful. The simple things and the grand scenery add so much to the experience! Heidi continues to have wholesome moments, she even made friends with the wildlife that took refuge under the fir trees, and it was precious.

Then Peter came and things became better. The snow out there was cold no doubt, but there was a warm welcome and a warm shared meal waiting for him, even though Heidi and her grandfather didn't even know he was coming. And it's nice to know that he studies during winter. He doesn't seem to like it all that much, but it's important. It would be cool if Heidi eventually went to school with him.

Then he invited her to come over to see his grandmother. Her grandfather didn't like it all that much, but the preview already spoiled that he is going to let her go, and it is for the best. Heidi knows how kind he is, and people are bound to change their opinions if they just get to see how cheerful and kind Heidi is.
Feb 10, 2020 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
Joseph trying to listen in to the fir trees alongside Heidi and her grandfather was pretty cute. I thought he would be lazy and get back to sleep like usual but he stayed and played with her. What a sweet, lazy dog.

Heidi's fascination with the simple things happening around her is wonderful. A child's curiosity and innocence know no bounds. Man, I get baby fevers whenever I see Heidi's childish nature at work.

Now that the topic of school came up again, I feel like it will play a vital role in the future. Her aunt did show interest in Heidi's education after all. But her grandfather doesn't want to interact with any of the villagers. Two viewpoints and ways of thinking crashing against each other. And speaking of school, Peter doesn't seem to fit in there with the rest of the kids and teachers. His attire is vastly different than the other kids in class. And the way he held the book leads me to believe he doesn't have an inkling of an idea on how to read. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter is from a poor family.
removed-userFeb 10, 2020 5:57 PM
May 21, 2021 3:44 PM

Jan 2021
Amazing episode!!!!!!!:D
Nov 22, 2023 4:43 PM
Jun 2022
Very much looking forward to Peter's grandma and perhaps some development in the old man's story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 2 Discussion

catullus_d_rus - Mar 28, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 47 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

6 by k1Aegis »»
Jan 7, 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.