Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 20, 2010 12:52 PM
Jan 2010
The end :(
I liked this season better than the first one. I must say that the first one was kind of boring, but the second one was great! I just hoped that Sasahara and Ogiue would develop this relationship quicker. Maybe OVA?
Mar 7, 2010 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
Xinil said:
Enjoyed it immensely. This is mostly because I'm all for Sasahara x Ogiue. :D

Same here. Therefore I really hope they finish the story.

Mar 11, 2010 8:56 AM
Feb 2009
With ups and downs, the realities of life but still filled with comedy and great character development, one of the best anime I have seen.
Apr 8, 2010 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
Aww its over now. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 29, 2010 1:41 AM

Jan 2010
Wth? No Ogiue backstory? No group trip?

Pretty disappointed with season 2's adaptation.
Jul 27, 2010 1:58 AM

Sep 2008
I kind of wanted a definite sign of Sasaoh in a relationship so I was disappointed a bit.
The characters of Sue and Angela really made me like this season more than the first though so this was worth the watch for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2010 2:33 AM

Mar 2009
I prefer the first season but this season was good too. The ending was well done. It didn't feel rushed at all.
Oct 4, 2010 9:23 AM

May 2009
Wow that was such a satisfying tarintino style ending. I've also been through the jobhunt cycle and that final interview was so full of win.

I'm fine with them not showing more of sasa x ogu, because as they said in Tatami Galaxy

Overall a very down to earth show, very refreshing in the sea of fantasy otaku bait. 9/10
Feb 1, 2011 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
I think that this season was slightly better than first one. More explicit and more funny.
9/10. Love it!
Jul 23, 2011 3:21 AM

Aug 2010
nEvuh said:
Xinil said:
Enjoyed it immensely. This is mostly because I'm all for Sasahara x Ogiue. :D

I think it would have been great if it just "showed" them hooking up, that's all i wanted.

Same here :( but it was still an ok end (kinda incomplete but works i guess)

8/10 its a tie for me between 1 and 2 season, first had better story and i laughed more but second had this amazing characters and was quite enjoyable...so yes i liked them both :3
Aug 12, 2011 9:39 AM
Mar 2011
I liked first season but season two had Ogiue so i like it more. She is such a cutie. ^^ To bad there was no romance at the end with Sasahara and Ogiue.
Sep 25, 2011 12:04 AM

Sep 2010
This was a nice season, lots of good moments.
Oct 18, 2011 12:12 PM

Mar 2011
I liked the episode. Had a nice feel to it. Sad that Sasahara and Ogiue didn't hook up though. The Genshiken series was an enjoyable one.
Nov 24, 2012 12:13 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode. Too bad the season wasn't as great. I really hope they make an ova someday...
Jan 1, 2013 10:53 PM

Feb 2012
Seriously it's 2013 and the ending of this anime went unfinished, I really wanted to see the old chairmen comeback, sasahara and ogiue start going out, and a character I really like Madarame somehow end up with Saki because I really don't like the Saki & Makati relationship
Jan 9, 2013 1:54 PM

May 2012
Great final episode of this season, it rounded quite nice off with everyone having a bright future... I do wonder if there will be a third season as I still lack a proper ending of everything.

The Whole anime including the first season and this one was quite nice and decent, the episode pace was quite nice although some of the episodes where quite boring.

But in general a nice watch! 7/10 for the whole series!
Jan 23, 2013 12:02 PM
Sep 2011
Well after a quick look around it seems they will be making a 3rd season of Genshiken (source) http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-01-23/genshiken/second-season-sequel-manga-gets-anime
Jan 29, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
I liked it, but i think manga was so much better.
Feb 6, 2013 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
Personally, I liked this season better than season 1 so I will raise the score to 8/10. It was funny especially in the second half with Angela, Sue, and Ogiue. I'm also glad that Sasahara finally got more screen time as a main character as opposed being almost obsolete from its previous predecessor.

At any rate, pretty good for this season and I will give it 8/10 like I said.
Apr 3, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
turbomog007 said:
radiantfire said:
WTH! They didn't even finish it off >_>
I am disappointed.
Hopefully they'll release OVAs to finish off the story. Jeez.

It was rather apparent from about the middle of this season that if kept their pace they would not finish it up in this season. That being said I would think unless they have at least another ova in the works they would have rushed and finished the story in this season

Guys what are you talking about? It was apparent in the middle of the season that they have reached a Genshiken's conclusion already - i.e. when they graduated!!! That's whence the series should effectlvely have ended and that's how it was felt by many - like an ending! "Their pace" was 'slow' because they didn't really have anything to put in after graduation, they run out of storyline and for the rest of the show were just cashing in on the popularity momentum; people like Madarame for instance shouldn't even be able to access the university compound since he left a year ago!?!
Honestly what other 'ending' were you expecting???? Honestly what loose end is there to brush up in an 'OVA'?
Apr 3, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2009
Looking for a job can be quite daunting, and yeah you're made to feel like it's your fault if you can't 'find' a niche into the division of labour whereas there simply might be not enough jobs for everyone...
Sasahara's friends putting him down, or rather I should say the 'women' putting him down is quite uncalled for; after all a person's self-worth shouldn't be subjected to his ability to fit into capitalist artificial division of labour! - Oguie and Kasukabe should mind their own business, they aren't even his girlfriends or wives! Why should Sasahara care if they feel 'disappointed'!?! Calling Sasahara 'lazy' shows how unawared and ignarant they are, living in a little world of their own. These days taxi drivers have masters - how lazy are they huh?!?! The Filipina looking after your kid at home was probably a teacher in her home country, is she lazy too!?! Ignorants!
May 6, 2013 12:37 AM
Sep 2012
meneope said:

Guys what are you talking about? It was apparent in the middle of the season that they have reached a Genshiken's conclusion already - i.e. when they graduated!!! That's whence the series should effectlvely have ended and that's how it was felt by many - like an ending! "Their pace" was 'slow' because they didn't really have anything to put in after graduation, they run out of storyline and for the rest of the show were just cashing in on the popularity momentum; people like Madarame for instance shouldn't even be able to access the university compound since he left a year ago!?!
Honestly what other 'ending' were you expecting???? Honestly what loose end is there to brush up in an 'OVA'?

they are talking about the rest of genshiken part 1 (original manga) storyline. the anime only adapted until chapter 42, and part 1 still goes on until chapter 55. five years later the mangaka resumed the series with new characters and that's chapter 56. right now the manga has 79 chapters but this second season naming and new characters just feels like they won't be adapting those 13 leftover chapters. perhaps if it's successful, they might release some rushed ova's or smthing. at least I hope so
Jun 25, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
Wow... I dont know what to say on this episode i guess it was sastifiying but man..I thought he was gonna commit suicide because he basicly cant get a job ,kusakabe and oguie make him look down.Is like everbody dosent care anymore about him and in my opinion i dont mind if oguie and sasahara hook up but if i was oguie i would not make him look down but man him up by giving him good intention, that what a true friend would do. >_> (this is my first long text i do on a forum lol)
m
Jun 30, 2013 9:15 PM

May 2012
Finally done! Now, can't wait for season 3!!!!! Season 2 was good for me, enjoyed it despite the fact that it only has few laughs. But anyway, love to see them grow and still hang out with each other.
Jul 7, 2013 3:27 AM

Jan 2011
Marathoned all 12 episodes straight and then watched the first of season three--so glad I did. Would have liked to see more development between Sasa and Ogie but maybe they'll bring out an OVA or special to cover the gap between this end and season three's beginning. At any rate, now I'm going to have to catch up with the manga. 9/10
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 23, 2013 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Wahh no kiss scene.

Still I liked this season, it had more ups and downs then the first.

Overall.
7.75/10
Aug 30, 2013 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
final episode.. it is really beautiful end I think :3
my final score is 8.8/10 I think :3
I kind of like this season :3

now I'm ready for nidaime! XD
Sep 12, 2013 8:22 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode, glad Sasahara got the job he wanted.

Ogiue shower scene yeahhh!
I suppose first season was better? But this too was great, concentrating on the character development/relationships, a great sequel imo.

8/10

Next season woop!
Oct 7, 2013 3:42 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I gave this a 7. I would of given it an 8/10 but they didn't give us a Ogiue x Sasahara thing.
Oct 14, 2013 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
Hmpf, so they completely left out Ogiue x Sasahara love arc and graduation part with many funny scenes, that's shame. This way it really is unfinished, about 2 and half manga books were not animated at all. But I think I have to deal with it, there were many other good episodes. Maybe they planned another 13-ep season and were leaving some parts for it but for some reason it wasnn't made. Well, I guess everyone should read the manga cause it's much better and has more satisfying end.

7/10

Well, and now I have to move onto Nidaime to see some new stories.
Feb 10, 2014 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm as a non-manga reader i'm worried that Nidaime won't have all the missed arcs and pairings everyone has mentioned.

This episode had a real NHK vibe going for it, which is great since NHK is nay unparalleled. The season overall was good, but probably a bit weaker than season 1.

Great Show, but not at the same level as NHK sadly.
9/10
Sep 24, 2014 11:53 PM

Feb 2013
A prety sad first half. I'm glad Sasahara found a jjob. It was hard to see him fail so many times. And it's over. TIme to watch Nidaime!
Feb 28, 2015 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
What a tumult of emotions in this last episode, the narrative was so troubled at the beginning and so melancholy in the final, to be almost on the verge of tears at seeing all the characters get their way, leaving the Genshiken.
Plot that closes the circle in a very good, just wish it was a little too fast, I think two seasons of 12 episodes were not the right option, but that's okay.
Surprise and happy apparition of the old president of Genshiken.
This second season, although a little more serious tones, has managed to grow the good things we have seen in the first season, and deserves all my praise.
My rating is 8.5 / 10!
Jun 4, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
Genshiken 2 was a rather rough ride. The first half was what I expected Genshiken's first season to be about: an eccentric otaku comedy with ecchi thrown in for good measure. Instead, despite involving doujins and eroge, nothing was really shown. It was all about the characters butting heads with each other, and it was great. It was difficult to adjust to the second season's change in style, and I don't think I ever did. After all, the second half of this season suddenly went all Welcome to the NHK, which was just as jarring and, at times, painful. Not bad mind you, but difficult to watch. The characters are growing up, and as such, the story must grow up as well. Although none of it is in the direction which is comfortable, time goes on and things will work out, one way or another.

At the end, I did feel this was a step down from the first season, but none of it was outright bad. I enjoyed watching the characters change and face new things, and that's what I'll remember the most going into the third season.
Mar 4, 2016 10:24 AM
Jun 2014
Genshiken S.2 was great. i still prefer Season 1 but that is not a mark against this season. Some great episodes and this last episode was fantastic.

Any of us who have gone on the job hunt at college time know Sasahara's feelings and they captured it perfectly.
Ogiue and Sasahara's moments in this episode were wonderful. Her giving him motivation to not give up. Finally seeing him relax and be himself and that being the factor that gets him a job.

For everyone complaining about it not being an ending. That's what I love the most. We saw it in the graduation episode and we're seeing it now, the ultimate slice of life fact: life goes on, there's never an ending. Just a leaving of our characters with hope for the future.

What could be better than the promise of tomorrow?
Jul 16, 2016 9:53 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I agree that the series was a continuing series of characters coming into and leaving college and the club. The last episode was just a comfortable tying of some lose ends like the job hunt and what the previous members were doing in life. The two seasons were worth watching and I give this one a 7/10 for being an easy to watch series that I would not re-watch. I would recommend it to folks.
Dec 10, 2016 8:55 AM

Feb 2013
He finally got a job, I didn't like when he was depressed.
A 6/10 from me, I liked the first season and the OVA better, it had some good parts but not enough to get a 7.
Jul 31, 2017 6:14 AM

Oct 2012
"Is this a right time?" *still wet and naked
"Yeah"
It's loveeeeee xD

Sasayan and Ogiue need to happen!
I can't die before that!
Also I need those doujin inside this anime xD

I'm going to miss the old seiyuu
Now off to Nidaime!
"Signature removed"
Apr 27, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
Genshiken might be the only anime that I think would benefit from removing its female characters. I guess after Saki gave up on being an obnoxious cunt Ohno decided it was time for her to become a bitch for like no reason. And of course, this happens after the super boring romance between her and Tanaka, who right after literally stops existing as a character. All of this is a shame because I liked Ohno in the first season. Ogiue is definitely the best female character in this anime, too bad she's a fujo.

This whole ordeal with Sasahara's job hunt was very well done, and it only makes me mad that this series would have been more interesting if it actually focused on the experience of being a male otaku in the normal world. Sasahara is kind of the main character, but he should have been more of one. It had an unique opportunity and then squandered it on mindless romance crap and other nonsense. But even the male members of Genshiken never seem to act like good buddies...two seasons and are these people even friends? It certainly doesn't seem like it to me. It's like they're written in parallel despite being so close in proximity.

Better than the first season, but still disappointing. Heard that the manga author deliberately sabotaged the story after readers didn't like all of the fujoshit and trapshit that was added, so I have no reason to continue on to the next season.

Also people speak of this series as a comedy, but this anime never me laugh, not even once.
syncrogazerApr 27, 2019 10:29 AM
May 16, 2022 2:09 AM

Sep 2018
Just as good, if not slightly better than the first season, 8/10 again. I think it had more laughs, or at least funnier material than the previous season, especially the fujoshi and the American loli mini arcs. The focus on the road to working class citizen was pretty good as well.

Downsides were not as much focus on Madarame and my hatred for Kuchiki, that annoying clown that shouldn't have been introduced in the first place.
Sep 14, 2022 11:00 PM

Jan 2020
Maybe I don't understand how the garbage collection system works in Japan, but I'm always so bamboozled when they show in the inside of these NEETs apartments and it just has wall-to-wall bags of trash. Do they not just need to take them outside? Why let it pile up like that?

Sheesh, watching Sasahara's job hunt has been exhausting. Partially because I've been there. Just applying and applying, going to interviews and never catching a break. It's rough.

Dat Ogiue fanservice. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm glad Sasahara finally got into something he likes. He got lucky, but at the same time he did well to be reactive and speak from the heart. Too bad he couldn't carry that over into his phone call with Ogiue. He shouldn've ask her out on a date right then and there. She's naked, what is she going to say, no? Doubtful.

It had a pretty strong ending, and overall I liked this season more than I can remember liking the previous one.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 15, 2022 6:30 AM

Mar 2013
Great ending for this 2nd season but the story needs more animation...
There's no romance for Sasahara for this season huh...
but the scene where Ogiue and Sasahara finally have some kind of romantic connection is already a nice ending.
I was hoping for more but oh well...

Great episode, it was truly inspiring.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 2, 2023 11:33 AM
Dec 2021
great anime. Rank nullity theorem. Pivotal Columns.
Jul 8, 2023 9:10 PM

Jun 2021
Yei i finished genshiken 2 the otaku strikes back :333
Because i have zero interest in watch nidaime, rather i'll read the manga, i think the manga have more otakuness than the anime hehe
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Nov 7, 2023 3:45 PM

Dec 2019
So they removed our dearest Saki's screentime and replaced it with Kuchiki.. name a bigger downgrade in anime history XD

I might be the only who genuinely feel bad for Sasahara, I haven't even began hunting for jobs and I can already relate to his pain.
Could it be any more obvious that he was suffering?? Rather than paying attention to his cry of help, they shit on him even more, that's kinda infuriating after everything Sasahara has done (taking over Genshiken, helping Ogiue, dealing with that uncooperative fat bastard etc.)

Good season even though I actually prefer S1. A little depressing when Madarame and Saki were so absent, I still ship :v
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Nov 1, 2007

87 by Euroqean »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

97 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

60 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 6, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sarix - Nov 22, 2007

58 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 6, 2023 10:40 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 14, 2007

59 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.