Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 1 Discussion

May 12, 2017 10:16 AM

Dang, effed up first episode, AL being completely disintegrated and Edward losing his arm and leg while trying to revive their dead mother (which didn't really work out, poor mother)

Interesting first episode though, I wonder how Elric got AL back or at least his soul (that he put in an armour suit) it would seem.
Philosophers stone seems really strong in the right hands, or hand in Elric's case.

Modified by PrOxAnto, May 12, 2017 4:15 PM

Sep 16, 2017 11:24 AM

Playing the Opening at the end of the first episode is pretty weird, but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki

Jan 4, 2018 11:14 PM

I'm finally getting around to watching this anime. I always tend to put off viewing series longer than 13 episodes. Good kickoff to this anime though. Looks like it might be worth the wait.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 5, 2018 1:01 PM

Apr 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Great first episode, have a feeling I'm going to like this series.

It shows the consequences and laws of the wolrd on Fullmetal Alchemist rigth off the bat!

100/100 score

Dec 23, 2018 7:13 PM

It’s been about ten years since I watched this.
I never managed watch Brotherhood, so I thought rewatching this and treating myself to the “better version” is the way to go.
I have a lot of good memories with the original!

May 24, 2:08 PM

Fabulous first episode. I've decided to watch Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (plus the two movies) after constant recommendations and praise, and as the first episode of my first Anime I wholly enjoyed it. Great first episode.

Jun 19, 7:55 AM

Great episode! Might say I liked it more than it's brotherhood counterpart. This seems more serious and the comedy hits better when it does.

The only complaint I have is why place the opening at the end? Maybe it's the file I downloaded.
I like how the Anime community acts like a bunch of Commie hippies, "We the Anime community!"

It's just a bunch of different circlejerks who all hate each other and their own kind.

Jun 19, 8:31 AM

Optigisa said:
Great episode! Might say I liked it more than it's brotherhood counterpart. This seems more serious and the comedy hits better when it does.
I haven't seen Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood yet but I still think this is fantastic.

Optigisa said:
The only complaint I have is why place the opening at the end? Maybe it's the file I downloaded.
It's not the file you downloaded, it's like that on Netflix too. It's probably because there was no opening at the beginning of that episode so they put it at the end as a sort of opening for the next episode.

Jun 19, 8:34 AM

swiftestcat said:
Optigisa said:
It's not the file you downloaded, it's like that on Netflix too. It's probably because there was no opening at the beginning of that episode so they put it at the end as a sort of opening for the next episode.

Oh hello there. Yeah, I watched the second episode just now, and I noticed that they placed the opening at the beginning this time. Thanks for the clarification though!
I like how the Anime community acts like a bunch of Commie hippies, "We the Anime community!"

It's just a bunch of different circlejerks who all hate each other and their own kind.

Jun 19, 8:51 AM

Optigisa said:
swiftestcat said:

Oh hello there. Yeah, I watched the second episode just now, and I noticed that they placed the opening at the beginning this time. Thanks for the clarification though!
No problem, I was quite confused the first time watching it too!

Aug 22, 11:15 AM
Great good episode so far, going to start watching this and FM:BH after I finish everything of the original.

But damn, those brothers, rip to both of them.

especially AL, like his whole body just "poofed" ... would love a flash back one day explaining how his brother got him into his suit.

But that's a good rule "don't bring back the dead"

Oct 21, 4:08 PM

Probably should've started this re-watch earlier this month, but eff it. My first introduction to this anime was on Adult Swim where I vaguely remember Ed running frantically toward the fountain lol. I changed the channel 'cause at the time (I was in middle school) I hated anime and I was like, "This is anime, I ain't watching that!".

This is a really good first episode. It introduces the main concepts the audience needs to know and main characters. Gosh, it's gonna be a tad hard to keep it to 1 episode a day (especially for Brotherhood smh lol)

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]