Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion


Sep 28, 2009 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2466
Oosran said:
theanimeis said:
i only want to note that most of us get interested because of the similiar style with szs.

I'll just mention that at least I'm one that haven't watched szs : 3 And I think this anime is awesome, yeah I'm dead serious

So you REALLY should watch szs, if you think this is awesome.
 
Sep 28, 2009 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
tater_head said:
Oosran said:
theanimeis said:
i only want to note that most of us get interested because of the similiar style with szs.

I'll just mention that at least I'm one that haven't watched szs : 3 And I think this anime is awesome, yeah I'm dead serious

So you REALLY should watch szs, if you think this is awesome.

Then I'll do that : o When I get more time, I'm having trouble catching up to everything that I'm currently watching >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Sep 28, 2009 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 137
szs ftw! xD

love the ed of bake <3
 
Sep 30, 2009 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4376
fuck yeah.
awesome.

btw the ending rulz
 
Oct 2, 2009 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 78
Interesting start, i really liked the intro and the style that was used for the structure of the show. Hitagi's shoulders looked weird though : D
 
Oct 4, 2009 1:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 107
Kara no Kyoukai in SZS style XP Undeniably awesome it was!
 
Oct 4, 2009 5:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 782
weird
in good way
 
Oct 4, 2009 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 421
Don't like the art, but the music is good and the story (as far as I can understand) is good.

One thing bothers me though: LOTS of things written in japanese everywhere, even in people's eyes. I can't understand it cause it's not possible to sub all of them, so it only bothers me.
 
Oct 6, 2009 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1364
the animation is really nice. :]
i'm happy that i've decided to watch this. :]


"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."




chiquit

 
Oct 7, 2009 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3012
I was expecting a lot since everyone keeps telling me this is an amazing show, but I was kinda bored... =/
 
Oct 8, 2009 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 801
Grimmm said:
I was expecting a lot since everyone keeps telling me this is an amazing show, but I was kinda bored... =/

Got the exact same feeling.
After all the praise and good reviews this show have been giving I thought it would be a good idea to watch it.

Though personally I see nothing special or particularity outstanding about it, will watch a few more episodes and see how things play out though.
 
Oct 8, 2009 5:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
EternalDreamer said:
Grimmm said:
I was expecting a lot since everyone keeps telling me this is an amazing show, but I was kinda bored... =/

Got the exact same feeling.
After all the praise and good reviews this show have been giving I thought it would be a good idea to watch it.

Though personally I see nothing special or particularity outstanding about it, will watch a few more episodes and see how things play out though.

It is a good idea. Do it. I mean it. It is awesome.
(Oh I'm glad I still hang around the first episodes, so I can show the unbelievers unto to correct path : >)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Oct 10, 2009 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 616
This show reminds me a lot more of EF then it does SZS.
 
Oct 11, 2009 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3051
pretty interesting series =D


 
Nov 3, 2009 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Animation is delicious and director's work is great. Waiting for more.
 
Nov 14, 2009 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1657
Okay, this Anime is very unique. I loved those random abstract scenes, sounds, and art/animation. The Anime has a mysterious aura surrounding it.

So, this Senjogahara is like Haruhi, for me she is. :>
They better give explanation about these vampire, crabs, shrines, etc because I have no clue where the fuck they came from.
 
Nov 14, 2009 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
Moonfrost said:
So, this Senjogahara is like Haruhi, for me she is. :>

Although Senjougahara is much better than Haruhi
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Nov 14, 2009 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1657
Oosran said:
Moonfrost said:
So, this Senjogahara is like Haruhi, for me she is. :>

Although Senjougahara is much better than Haruhi


Well, I just saw the first episode, I can't decide yet until I've seen the whole show. :D
 
Nov 14, 2009 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
Moonfrost said:
Oosran said:
Moonfrost said:
So, this Senjogahara is like Haruhi, for me she is. :>

Although Senjougahara is much better than Haruhi

Well, I just saw the first episode, I can't decide yet until I've seen the whole show. :D

I know, I'm just implying that Senjougahara is better than Haruhi : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Dec 2, 2009 1:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 710
wow stapled INSIDE THE MOUTH
thats what got me interesting
hitagi is the worst case of tsundere-ism i have seen in my life
 
Dec 2, 2009 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
kaena said:
hitagi is the worst case of tsundere-ism i have seen in my life

P.S. Hitagi is the best case of anything (positive things, that is) I've seen in my life : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Dec 26, 2009 7:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 522
Well that was interesting...whats so bad about being weightless though? and his riddles didnt make much sense to me ><
 
Dec 28, 2009 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1981
Many have said that Bakemonogatari is one of the best anime of 2009, so I'm checking it out before this year ends. Just from the first episode though, I'm not terribly impressed. It wasn't bad, but it was a bit boring in many parts. I also think it's stupid why that guy would help a girl who just stapled his inner cheek for stupid reasons.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
 
Jan 3, 2010 1:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 120
Is this anime perverted? They showed that underwear scene the first few minutes of the show. >.< So I dropped it immediately.
 
Jan 3, 2010 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4908
DearSky said:
Is this anime perverted?
Nope.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Jan 7, 2010 8:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
DearSky said:
Is this anime perverted? They showed that underwear scene the first few minutes of the show. >.< So I dropped it immediately.

I know what you mean, that also turned me off initially but if you get past that I think it's pretty well done!
 
Jan 7, 2010 5:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
guyklc said:
Many have said that Bakemonogatari is one of the best anime of 2009, so I'm checking it out before this year ends. Just from the first episode though, I'm not terribly impressed. It wasn't bad, but it was a bit boring in many parts. I also think it's stupid why that guy would help a girl who just stapled his inner cheek for stupid reasons.



same reason why us guys like being rough play by girls
 
Jan 7, 2010 5:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Scattergories said:
DearSky said:
Is this anime perverted? They showed that underwear scene the first few minutes of the show. >.< So I dropped it immediately.

I know what you mean, that also turned me off initially but if you get past that I think it's pretty well done!


if u read the novel u will understand why they shown that part
 
Jan 14, 2010 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 5115
wow, so hes a former vampire, and she is nearly weightless and carries a small arsenal of school supplies as weapons
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
 
Jan 25, 2010 11:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4208
DearSky said:
Is this anime perverted? They showed that underwear scene the first few minutes of the show. >.< So I dropped it immediately.


You're an idiot.
 
Feb 23, 2010 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 517
kaena said:
wow stapled INSIDE THE MOUTH
thats what got me interesting
hitagi is the worst case of tsundere-ism i have seen in my life


She isn't really 'tsundere' anyway, despite that she uses the expression herself. Mind you, she doesn't say that she is. She says that she is what is 'known as'.
 
Mar 4, 2010 7:37 PM
just breathe

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 963
Umm it's interesting at least, would have liked to have seen his vampire attack. Liked the ending song, and the opening was odd but well done.
 
Mar 8, 2010 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 345
Charliehsv said:
Stunning episode, loved everything about it. Art, bgm, characters, story, dialogue, atmosphere, humor everything was great. :3

 
Mar 12, 2010 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 932
DearSky said:
Is this anime perverted? They showed that underwear scene the first few minutes of the show. >.< So I dropped it immediately.

whoa, you're missing the good part.

nice mouth Koyomi xD
 
Mar 19, 2010 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7714
Liking the art, the randomness and the storyline.

Also the name Oshino Shinobu - A heart under the blade. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
 
Apr 1, 2010 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1739
The story seems interesting. Hopefully it will be as good as people have said it is.
 
Apr 14, 2010 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1081
Okay. Interesting animation. Let's see how the story goes. If it turns out to be too confusing, I'll drop it.
 
May 3, 2010 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1087
ClementIV said:
The story seems interesting. Hopefully it will be as good as people have said it is.
That's what I'm thinking and hoping. Hitagi is hott. The staple to the cheek was brutallll. Can't wait to see where this is going.
 
May 31, 2010 1:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 68
The story definitely seems unique to me and has me intrigued, gotta watch some more of this. and lol what?
DearSky said:
Is this anime perverted? They showed that underwear scene the first few minutes of the show. >.< So I dropped it immediately.
 
Jun 2, 2010 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3338
God , did they really had to show that pantie-shot at the beginning ?
 
Jun 2, 2010 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 100
That panty shot is for the prequel of Bakemonogatari, Kizumonogatari.

Seriously, it was the reason that Koyomi had to go out and buy ero-books in the night to forget about that image, got attacked by Shinobu and turned into a vampire. Without that, he won't attract any oddities, so no Senjougahara, Hanekawa, Sengoku, and even Bakemonogatari for you, folks, if not for that panty shot.

And this anime is perverted, in a high level.
 
Jun 19, 2010 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 517
a_l_2606 said:
That panty shot is for the prequel of Bakemonogatari, Kizumonogatari.

Seriously, it was the reason that Koyomi had to go out and buy ero-books in the night to forget about that image, got attacked by Shinobu and turned into a vampire. Without that, he won't attract any oddities, so no Senjougahara, Hanekawa, Sengoku, and even Bakemonogatari for you, folks, if not for that panty shot.

And this anime is perverted, in a high level.


Okay, this confuses me.

I thought that the opening scene demonstrated his exceptional vision, and that the OP took place in the past.
 
Jun 23, 2010 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1357
Whoa!
 
Jul 1, 2010 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 630
Very impresive. The design with the text popping up and sometimes wrong or missing colors looks really good. The story seems interesting too. This makes a good alternation to the other series I recently watch/ed.
 
Jul 4, 2010 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2085
lol Hitagi is quite the defensive one.

Loving the animation! :)
 
Jul 6, 2010 10:21 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 382
Ugh I can't stand something like this i wanted to fall asleep but i guess I'll finish the show just because I don't want any anime on my dropped list.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)


 
Aug 17, 2010 5:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Is it just me or are the cut scenes in the OP and all the way through SERIOUSLY distracting... almost unwatchable... because yes.... i have to pause and read them all lmao..otherwise wtf is the point of having them their.... thats the only fault ive found personally, loving the rest of it tho :)
 
Sep 13, 2010 4:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 100
RianXD said:
Is it just me or are the cut scenes in the OP and all the way through SERIOUSLY distracting... almost unwatchable... because yes.... i have to pause and read them all lmao..otherwise wtf is the point of having them their.... thats the only fault ive found personally, loving the rest of it tho :)


^ This.

I think it was one of the most annoying episodes I've ever seen. I mean, i liked the story, characters and loved the animation thus far. But those extremely short cuts of text flashes (some, most?, probably only a fraction of a second long) were infuriating to catch (I had to repeatedly jump backward, trying to pause at just the right moment), and it felt like they often didn't make full sense even after reading them (or their translations) and they were put in the middle of the action making it all a big distraction and very confusing/hard to keep up with everything that's going on.

The constant rewinding and pausing left me with a very incoherent feeling, at least to the prologue. Hopefully these atrocities will cease in the successive episodes.

For example, at least in the "[Coalgirls]_Bakemonogatari_01_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[CB8C0798].mkv" release the "I met her during the short vacation between the second and third years of high school." cut (one of the first text flashes) was literally only like 5 frames long (5/24 = ~208ms), we can't seriously be expected to read these things. But if were not supposed to read them, why put them in there at all to begin with? So frustrating!
Modified by JvW4, Sep 13, 2010 6:27 AM
 
Oct 30, 2010 11:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1889
that chick is edward scissor hand daughter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 27, 2010 12:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1641
A staple in your mouth...that's gotta hurt!
 
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »