Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2009 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
Right now I'm on episode 8 and all I can see in this anime is Sonic, Sailor Moon, and crappy Naruto cliche's...

Will this series get better??? DX
Jul 3, 2009 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
And why does Lenalee wear a hooker skirt? Does she want to turn the demons on before massacring them?
Jul 3, 2009 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
Too bad you see it that way...D.Gray-Man is a amazing series full of action and drama,I enjoyed every single episode of it.It may start out slowly but as episodes progress you will how amazing the whole series is.The characters are cute and unique especially Allen.I advise you to watch it because you won´t regret it.I watched it 3 times so in my opinion is very good
Jul 3, 2009 3:33 PM

Jan 2009
kikinac said:
Too bad you see it that way...D.Gray-Man is a amazing series full of action and drama,I enjoyed every single episode of it.It may start out slowly but as episodes progress you will how amazing the whole series is.The characters are cute and unique especially Allen.I advise you to watch it because you won´t regret it.I watched it 3 times so in my opinion is very good
Well I never stated that I would stop watching it, I have in the past, but now I'm committed to watching every single episode. I'm on episode 12 now, and the series is getting a little bit better.
Jul 3, 2009 3:37 PM

Dec 2007
the show gets better, but IMO it goes up and down. sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. Personally i didnt like the show as a whole that much.
Jul 3, 2009 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
Why did Allen's eye, which got stabbed with a horn, heal completely? I'm sorry, but if you puncture your eye, it's not gonna heal >.>
Shit, why was it bleeding black? If your eye's punctured, you're gonna be bleeding RED blood, not the whites/blacks of your eye...
dumbasshole69Jul 7, 2009 12:46 PM
Jul 4, 2009 5:05 AM

Jul 2008
Incase you didnt notice, his eye isnt quite normal...
Jul 4, 2009 7:48 AM

Jan 2009
chrislongden3 said:
Incase you didnt notice, his eye isnt quite normal...
Hmm, maybe I didn't quite pick up that humans in D. Gray Man have the power of complete regeneration...
Jul 4, 2009 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
Are you a dumbass? Its a shounen anime. Theres no need to explain every phenomenon in this genre. Obviously if you were to go on trying to get an explaination for every situation for an ANIME at that, your an idiot. Why even post a thread like this and ask stupid questions. If you don't like it drop the anime the move on buddy.
makezh22Jul 4, 2009 2:37 PM
Jul 4, 2009 2:48 PM

Dec 2008
All I can say is "Noah".

Anime is fail, manga is a better.
Jul 4, 2009 3:04 PM

Jan 2009
makezh22 said:
Are you a dumbass? Its a shounen anime. Theres no need to explain every phenomenon in this genre. Obviously if you were to go on trying to get an explaination for every situation for an ANIME at that, your an idiot. Why even post a thread like this and ask stupid questions. If you don't like it drop the anime the move on buddy.
I really wish you would have put a little more thought into that DX
Because now you look like an idiot, and I look like someone who thinks ;D

Let me explain something. How about you go to the Animelist page for D. Gray-Man and check out the reviews. About half or more will tell you that this shounen anime is not a typical shounen anime, meaning you should expect a difference in D. Gray-Man from other Shounen. So what should that tell me??? Hmm???? It's telling me to expect different occurrences and sequences in D. Gray-Man. I've dropped this anime before, but I'm now committed to watching this anime to find out how the fuck this series constituted such a score of 8.35. Ranting on, most shounen anime's are quite original. But D. Gray-Man rips quite a lot of references. Lol, I mean, the Millennium Earl is obviously Dr. Robotnik from sonic. Lenalee is as well a sailor Moon rip off. Why does Kanda and Allen seem so familiar to Sauske and Naruto... ?

Anyways, I'll stop. I read a little bit of the D. Gray-Man manga and it looks a lot more promising.
dumbasshole69Jul 7, 2009 12:47 PM
Jul 4, 2009 3:11 PM

Dec 2008
FlamingDogs said:
makezh22 said:

Let me explain something. How about you go to the Animelist page for D. Gray-Man and check out the reviews. About half or more will tell you that this shounen anime is not a typical shounen anime, meaning you should expect a difference in D. Gray-Man from other Shounen. So what should that tell me??? Hmm???? It's telling me to expect different occurrences and sequences in D. Gray-Man. I've dropped this anime before, but I'm now committed to watching this anime to find out how the fuck this series constituted such a score of 8.35. Ranting on, most shounen anime's are quite original. But D. Gray-Man rips quite a lot of references. Lol, I mean, the Millennium Earl is obviously Dr. Robotnik from sonic. Lenalee is as well a sailor Moon rip off. Why does Kanda and Allen seem so familiar to Sauske and Naruto... ?

Anyways, I'll stop. I read a little bit of the D. Gray-Man mange and it looks a lot more promising.

Good boy, drop the anime, and read the manga.
Jul 4, 2009 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
FlamingDogs said:
makezh22 said:

Anyways, I'll stop. I read a little bit of the D. Gray-Man mange and it looks a lot more promising.

So i guess what i should've done was quote that comment about the eye incident and also your problem with girls wearing a skirt in an anime. Anyways besides that...
I understand your frustration on the communities combined overall rating on this anime. I too don't believe that this anime deserves such a high rating, but do you also post these pointless thread to all the other overrated animes? Theres a ton here on this site that i don't myself believe deserve the rating they have now, but thats the community for ya. You got the avid fanbase who for god rates them insanely high. Also the reviews are personally based opinions. Even if they have high overall agreement ratings doesn't mean your gonna accurately get insight on the anime when they'll merely expressing what they perceived of it. Well anyways i hope you enjoy the manga.

Edit* okay just a note. Watched the enitre season. Just to say if your already annoyed by the side references or mere similar comparisons to typical shounens it was a good idea for you to drop it. The season ends with no conclusion and at a short arc which is deplorable. Also during the last part of the season everyone becomes emotionally unstable and become nonstop excessive cry babies and cry during parts thats not even necessary which actually really pissed me off and turned my interest in the anime down. I noticed atleast one crying scene in every episode during the last 3/4 of the series. The way they used the scenes to try and invoke attachment from the audience for the characters by using these repetitive tear-dripping crying scenes actually did the opposite for me. I started disliking the characters because of it.
makezh22Jul 4, 2009 11:46 PM
Jul 5, 2009 4:08 PM

Jan 2009
makezh22: No gonna quote all that, lol...

Hmm... Kinda strange that you were nice in this post but were grouchy in the other one. But nice is always better ;D
Wouldn't matter if you quoted that "eye thing"... D. Gray-Man is definitely not your typical Shounen anime, with the sclera's having the ability to bleed and Humans unexplainably having the power of complete regeneration.
Wait, WAIT!!!! The community rated this anime an 8.35, and you rated this anime an 8 0_0
Dude, wtf???

Edit: I know this is weird as I just wrote the above reference a few seconds ago XD
Umm, last time I checked your animelist you were on episode 77 and that anime was rated an 8. This was also while we're having our *FRIENDLY* conversation...

And I'm gonna finish this series up, I want to see Allen go super saiyan 3 :D
dumbasshole69Jul 5, 2009 4:16 PM
Jul 6, 2009 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
I'm not too impressed so far either. I feel like I'm expecting too much due to other previous series that really stood out. I understand that sometimes it takes a bit to get into the series but it just isn't happening for me = (
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Jul 6, 2009 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
FlamingDogs said:
makezh22: No gonna quote all that, lol...

Hmm... Kinda strange that you were nice in this post but were grouchy in the other one. But nice is always better ;D
Wouldn't matter if you quoted that "eye thing"... D. Gray-Man is definitely not your typical Shounen anime, with the sclera's having the ability to bleed and Humans unexplainably having the power of complete regeneration.
Wait, WAIT!!!! The community rated this anime an 8.35, and you rated this anime an 8 0_0
Dude, wtf???

Edit: I know this is weird as I just wrote the above reference a few seconds ago XD
Umm, last time I checked your animelist you were on episode 77 and that anime was rated an 8. This was also while we're having our *FRIENDLY* conversation...

And I'm gonna finish this series up, I want to see Allen go super saiyan 3 :D

Referring to your edit message: during that time at 77 it was actually getting good when allen started started looking like a badass and unstoppable with a new pretty awesome looking getup during an episode. But after that it just got repetitive with a slow progression of weak foes which you wouldn't expect with the Noahs. It was all kinda anticlimatic for me. Plus as i clarified before with the excessive emo-ness and crying relentlessly every episode during the last 3/4 of the season with no real conclusion and also the long boring fillers from like 28-51. I ended up giving this a 7 in the end actually. Anyways what? So your gonna actually watch the series. Thought you were gonna drop it and read the manga. Also yes that nice lil argument was interesting and fun to say the least...lol
makezh22Jul 6, 2009 2:27 PM
Jul 7, 2009 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
Huh? I'm on episode 76 and the series went from kinda good to disaster... Seriously, episode 51 to 70 are actually good. Oh, and episode 28-51 weren't all fillers. I think about 7 or 8 of those episodes were actually manga originaL.

Wait, and when did I say that I'd stop watching the anime? I made it very clear that I would watch this series but that the manga looked more promising. Even then though, I don't think the manga could be ALL that better from the actual anime. D. Gray-Man's all about friendship and fighting for those you love so I'm pretty sure the anime will encircle that theme as well. It's kinda retarded, with the power of friendship they become unstoppable and will be able to slice and dice all of those bad guys in the world... Even Naruto's not this bad.

And I'll be honest now, this anime is the most shounen I've ever seen in an anime. Maybe that's why I was so surprised when I began D. Gray-Man, I had never seen the epitome of shounen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.