Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 18, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
It looks like Aoba and Hina will finally meet. Thank god. It only took 8 episodes. lol

I wonder if Aoba and Hine with couple with each other and why Hina would turn on her nation.
Feb 18, 2014 11:00 PM

Oct 2013
Kerozinn said:
"oh noes!! there are 10 of them! Coupling! Accept! bam..yay..

3/5
Sent with Mal Updater

x7
Feb 18, 2014 11:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is getting too predictable....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 19, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2013
I got into the anime just bcuz i loved Hina char
after watching the first episode of the show,
after that episode it get really bad everything is the same on every
episode with minor change, also lot of copy from other action shows
out there.

maybe we will get something different now when he got
stuck with hina.
at least i hpe so :X
Feb 20, 2014 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
I knew they were gonna get stranded on an Island together when the storm was mentioned >_>
It's pretty much standard protocol for Mecha/Sunrise..
Feb 20, 2014 8:56 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Yeah, all they had to say was 'storm' and 'Island' and I was like:

Yeah Hina and Aoba are gonna be stranded on the island in the storm... -_-

And, well, as it drew closer to an end I was thinking 'HMM maybe they WON'T be cliche'... But then in like the last minute LOL... So rushed :)

Feb 20, 2014 8:57 PM

Feb 2008
Got to love how predictable this was, anyone who didn't saw this coming as soon as the storm was mentioned is blind or hasn't watched enough (mecha) series.

Just hope we get to see Hina's dere side next week. Since letting her live once, and now saving her from crashing is only going to confuse her more

Oh almost forgot, seeing that cliche villain commander die so quickly did feel sweet.
Feb 21, 2014 3:16 AM
May 2012
Gee, whoever drop this show will never know what's coming.

I still gonna watched this & voice my opinion with every episodes because I have to, for god's sake after I've been traumatised over Valvrave!! I mean come on, GUYS!!!
JafriZinFeb 21, 2014 3:20 AM
Feb 21, 2014 2:05 PM
Jan 2014
Hina's going to be really pissed off when she finds out Aoba saved her and that was very much his intention is episode 3. Aoba really seems to care for her do to the fact her future self ends up saving him and she asks him to trust her being the person he easily trusts hef . I remember that conversation that future hina had with one of his friends about aoba doing anything for his friends and transfering to that school just because his friend went there for his injury. It makes me think will he be captured or willingly go with hina. Im not sure this series has kept me watching every week its been on. I like it because its not valvrave.
Feb 21, 2014 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
They better fuck next ep.

nina4life said:

Gundam did it a few times
No, it was just once in SEED nothing else.
Feb 22, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2009
Nope_ said:
nina4life said:

What about 00?
Feb 22, 2014 12:32 PM
Aug 2012
Nope_ said:
They better fuck next ep.

nina4life said:

How about Double Zeta, Seed, Seed Destiny, 00...............other series had similar bonding episodes, just not on an island.

Feb 22, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
Which ep would that be in ZZ?

Besides we're exclusively talking about the Male & Female island bonding eps.
Feb 22, 2014 1:16 PM
Aug 2012
Nope_ said:
Which ep would that be in ZZ?

Besides we're exclusively talking about the Male & Female island bonding eps.

On that case Seed, Seed Destiny and 00 are still valid. Double Zeta is out of the list then.

Feb 22, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
Oh God, its like watching Gundam Seed all over again.
Feb 22, 2014 5:18 PM

Feb 2013
Who's the green-haired girl in the end card?

So I was right? Aoba can buddy with anybody.

Looks like the Athrun x Cagalli Aoba x Hina stranded-on-an-island episode is next. ... about time...

This anime is so Sunrise.
Feb 22, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
BurntJelly said:

Looks like the Athrun x Cagalli Aoba x Hina stranded-on-an-island episode is next. ... about time...

This anime is so Sunrise.

a super cliche mix of sunrise

I saw coming since the second chapter

from there you already knew, that Hina was an enemy, that who traveled to the past to kill aoba was bizon
that what would come in the following chapters would be one Aoba that would treat to contact Hina like a retard
who does not understand that she is an enemy, not the Hina he met in the past

and finally of course, some day together in the heat of battle they would fall into one of these miracle islands,
then they would make friends, and would live happily forever ♪

that boring, it's so predictable that makes me hate hina, in fact, I prefer that aoba even fall in love with any other
girl enemy, with a gundam, with his own granddaughter or with anyone !! but hina no, with hina is too, "ha!
I already knew it!!" that it's annoying

anyway, the only reason I keep seeing this series is because I have a crush on Dio's sister and that I find the
coupling system interesting, but if things remain as so cheesy, I definitely leave

I never liked the romance in the gundam series because sometimes only neglect the more important side of the story,
as you can see so far in buddy complex, we know little to nothing history of the war and the other characters who
are gundam meisters, (while here spend half chapter in that "falling in love" of this pink hair girl) and the world in that
they handled looks very small, they need more serious characters too, not only dio
Feb 24, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

If the part concerning the design, way more cool, everything would be easier to digest, with all that there is Hina resembling peppers eaten in the evening! XD
Plot not bad, although some doubt concerning the duration of Fromm's already challenged.
Bye bye Fromm! ASD
Narrative interesting, especially during the preparation of the battle, when you climb on the mecha after was not bad, but the way in which the head and died of enemies and so stupid, that chicken! ^ ^ "
Dear Sunrise draws the next time the mecha less ugly, please! ^ _ ^

Kerozinn said:
"oh noes!! there are 10 of them! Coupling! Accept! bam..yay..

TROLOL
Feb 26, 2014 2:31 AM
May 2013
Question. I'm watching the deadfish version ( which is a reencode of the anime-koi version) and in the scene where they are talking about the buddy system when they talk about the new cockpit they had to develop to reduce time lags and etc they are watching some images and then on one of the images it says PNI - Pacific rim neurosciences Institute. Since the deadfish version has embedded subtitles I can't check , is this a pun made by the fansub and isn't on the original version ? If it is I found it's a really well made pun since that's the first thing I thought when I saw the buddy system , dood , pacific rim ripoff LOL
Mar 10, 2014 10:22 PM

May 2012
6/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 6, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2011
I don't like Hina, "I will follow the orders, after I have defeated the enemy." Lmao you're not obeying the order, how can you regain your trust that way? Sigh. As much as I am not into yaoi DioxAoba is much better than AobaxHina.

One thing I didn't like about this episode was the.. uhm.. what do you call the technique Dio and Aoba used to get out of their enemy's trap? That was sort of convenient.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 21, 2014 2:57 PM

Jun 2014
The OP is finally getting catchy for me.

Jul 27, 2015 1:37 PM

May 2012
I really wonder what will happen next!
May 11, 2016 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
Here it comes! The iconic Sunrise Stranded Island episode. Saw it from a mile away but I'm no less looking forward to it.
Jan 13, 2017 5:09 AM

Dec 2015
Retarded Aoba and his Hina, dude you just talked to the girl for 10 minutes, just chill will ya!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 5, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2009
HINA! HINA! HINA!

This reminds me of Muv-Luv scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2021 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
A successful Code T2 Rise and Dolzief (Dorzhiev) is gone...

Hina thinks destroying/capturing Luxon is more important than obeying orders, and now both them are down. (onto the cliché island episode).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

199 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.