Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that was silly.

Did Yato just take a part time job? My Devil is a Part-timer vibe there. I hope Yukine cheers up a little though. Dat butterfly. I think Yukine did well although it didn't impress me much.
Feb 16, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character wants to quit being HiroC's character's shinki. So megane guy shinki felt thankful to HiroC's character. He's saying that something inside is hurting him (either KajiKaji's character's unstable mood or the female ex-shinki's constant influence on them). Looks like a new character (that recently announced original character) was leading her to do so.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 16, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2009
soo many things happened this ep but it was great and rabu the new chara also appeared yeah for takahiro sakurai :D

wanna have more
KanneiFeb 16, 2014 8:20 AM
Feb 16, 2014 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
don't think yukine is worth all this trouble
Feb 16, 2014 8:53 AM
Feb 2012
great episode . cant wait for the following 3 episodes. hope it will be as intense

damn this OST too good for words . anybody know the official release?
Feb 16, 2014 8:55 AM

May 2013
Got some information on who the Nora are. Hopefully Yukine can get his act together soon.
Feb 16, 2014 8:57 AM
Mar 2013
I really really dislike Yukine. I can't wait to watch the rest of Noragami.
Feb 16, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
That Shinki at the beginning, what is his debt to Yato?
Tenjin explains what nora means. Uh Yato's wounds argh Yukine stop those bad actions...
Nora is trying to make Yato use her, but he choose Yukine.
Feb 16, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
This is getting pretty dark.

Veena's armada of Shinki looked awesome. So she has 8 of them. Loved the scene at the start when they were all lined up behind her :D BA!

So from what I understood...Nora means a whore Shinki? XD So that's why "Nora" had so many names on her. Shit! She's quite the whore there lol. I'm still loving her a lot though. The aura she gives out is awesome!

As expected Kazuma seems to have a debt he has to pay Yato. I really wonder what it is. And it really seems like Veena doesn't know about it. Makes things interesting.

The part time job part was fun with how Yato threw Kofuku out because she'd bring poverty to the shop XD
Yukine needs a punch in the face or a bitch slap to wake up already -.-
Stealing disaster relief donations O_o? Can u get any lower WTF! And Dat damn evil stare! Poor Yato.

Yato seems to really hate Nora. I really want to know what happened in the past??
Awesome way of using the purification water. BA cut! And he still has hope in Yukine. The Blight is spreading like hell though. Yato!!!

I wonder if that long haired silver guy with the mask that appeared behind Nora is the same person who is in the scene sitting behind Yato when they show us his past??

So manga readers...is this really starting to take an anime original ending or still following the manga? And if yes then how closely?
Barion-ZaraFeb 16, 2014 9:18 AM
Feb 16, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2013
Nice episode, feel sorry for Yukine...He doesn't need to go through all this trouble :(
Feb 16, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2011
So Noras can make gods sick too, right?
Feb 16, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2013
Now we're getting to the darker side of the story. I can't wait to learn more about Yato's past like why did he kill a regalia and why does Veena's regalia indebted to him?
Feb 16, 2014 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
Barion-Zara said:
This is getting pretty dark.

Veena's armada of Shinki looked awesome. So she has 8 of them. Loved the scene at the start when they were all lined up behind her :D BA!

So from what I understood...Nora means a whore Shinki? XD So that's why "Nora" had so many names on her. Shit! She's quite the whore there lol. I'm still loving her a lot though. The aura she gives out is awesome!

As expected Kazuma seems to have a debt he has to pay Yato. I really wonder what it is. And it really seems like Veena doesn't know about it. Makes things interesting.

The part time job part was fun with how Yato threw Kofuku out because she'd bring poverty to the shop XD
Yukine needs a punch in the face or a bitch slap to wake up already -.-
Stealing disaster relief donations O_o? Can u get any lower WTF! And Dat damn evil stare! Poor Yato.

Yato seems to really hate Nora. I really want to know what happened in the past??
Awesome way of using the purification water. BA cut! And he still has hope in Yukine. The Blight is spreading like hell though. Yato!!!

I wonder if that long haired silver guy with the mask that appeared behind Nora is the same person who is in the scene sitting behind Yato when they show us his past??

So manga readers...is this really starting to take an anime original ending or still following the manga? And if yes then how closely?

Still following the manga... except for the new original character's appearance.
Feb 16, 2014 9:50 AM

Mar 2013
Lol, Hiyori blushing when Yato asked her how she found him. I like that there are hints of romance that aren't overt but I hope something happens between them before the end =)

The "Scarlet God"... another name for the God of Calamity? This show's getting darker and darker, and they're referencing his past every episode now I think.

I wonder how he made the transition from mindlessly killing people and regalias in the past to the wacko guy he is now that's (relatively) harmless.
Feb 16, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

Still following the manga... except for the new original character's appearance.

Which one? The silver haired guy?
Feb 16, 2014 10:03 AM
Apr 2013
This show is getting really interesting. And a villain appears!

Feb 16, 2014 10:11 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as usual. Focussed on Yukine.

Bishamon's army was fucking badass. The scene at the start when all of her regalias lined up behind her sent chills down my spine. Tenjin is a pervert lmao. I like how they explained the 'Noras'. Noras are pretty much whore regalias and that Yato's Nora is a clinging whore. Die bitch die. Hiyori encountered Kazuma, the navigator regalia. Kazuma told Hiyori that Yukine is currently being a pain in the ass and making Yato's blight spreading like hell. Give that petty Yukine more time and Yato will die. Yato got a part-time at a konbeni! Oh my god, Yukine can you be even lower?! Stealing disaster relief donations, the fuck are you. Yato and Yukine fought with a butterfly ayakashi. Yukine was dull at first but then, Yato 'purified' him. Hence, slicing the butterfly. An original anime character appeared beside Nora saying something about the Scarlet God being unworthy of his reputation of many years. Episode ended with Hiyori worrying over Yato's health. "Yato... will die...?"

Next episode looks fun and suspense?
Kofuku x Bishamon. Yukine wearing a school uniform, Yukine watching some middle(?) schooler playing games, Yukine going to beat the hell out of a middle schooler?!
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 16, 2014 10:12 AM
Aug 2012
Is the slapping face thing supposed to mean something in Japanese culture? It feels kinda weird. Nice tender moments between Hiyori and Yato though.

Yukine is kind of being a prick.
So is that silver haired guy an original anime character? If so I'd say it spells out a main antagonist for the anime storyline who gets defeated in the final episode.
Feb 16, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
Silver hair spells trouble
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 10:31 AM

Nov 2012
another brilliant episode.
i wonder what it is with yukine, i hope he sorts his problems out, otherwise he will harm yato too :/
i also wonder what kazuma's debt to yato is..
and why was hiyori slapping her face?
Feb 16, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
bpSORE said:
great episode . cant wait for the following 3 episodes. hope it will be as intense

This Wednesday (19th)
Feb 16, 2014 10:38 AM
Nov 2013
Yato should get rid of Yukine soon
Yukine is just a stupid brat
Feb 16, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
Barion-Zara said:
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

Which one? The silver haired guy?

Yeah, that guy with Nora. He didn't appear in the manga with her.
Feb 16, 2014 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
silverwalls said:
i wonder what it is with yukine, i hope he sorts his problems out, otherwise he will harm yato too :/

She was probably smacking her face because she was about to blush thinking about what she was about to do to yato, so smacking her face would get her act together.
Feb 16, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2010
Another great episode. Poor Yukine...

bpSORE said:

Feb. 19th 2014. In a few days^^
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Feb 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Feb 16, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Yukine is annoying me, but I'm really enjoying this anime thus far.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Feb 16, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, such a amazing episode. It is somewhat more dark then the previous episodes.

Some great information in regards to Nora considered to be more darker then any other Regalias. So if Yato's "blight" spread out his body completely then he will go on rampage of killing everyone. I also think that Nora was also part of his past when he goes on a rampage.

Bishamon and her Army, that's badass XD. Never knew that Kazuma have some dept for Yato. Nora and her manipulative ways to scare Yukine and make Yato his Regalia...

Feb 16, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
silverwalls said:

what are u talking about hes stinging yato the hole time already not just started this ep
Feb 16, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
How the fucking hell does Yukine have 174 favourites? Are the guys who added him high or something? The guy is one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen.
Heck even Hiyori is a lot more likeable than him.
Feb 16, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2013
marian11 said:
How the fucking hell does Yukine have 174 favourites? Are the guys who added him high or something? The guy is one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen.

He's angsty, kawaii and he has a sad past = instant favorite for some of the audience here.
Feb 16, 2014 11:32 AM
Sep 2013
Hiyori is still boring.
Yukine needs to get his shit together. Silly old yukine.
I want yato to just use Nora already.
The end is nigh

Feb 16, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
Yukine is annoying and I really hope he'll turn awesome enough to remove that teenage drama queen vibe he's giving now.

Overall, another good episode.
-
Feb 16, 2014 11:45 AM

Feb 2014
Yukine is just acting like a brat, does he not understand that he's hurting yato? really hope they sort it out soon, can't take any more of his attitude
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Feb 16, 2014 11:50 AM
Feb 2012
Feb 16, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
marian11 said:

I know he's unlikable (because I used to hate him, haha) but he's cute, realistic and I can relate to his character very well.
You may not notice it but there are loads of yukines in the society right now :/

Someone who thinks everyone has given up on him. And someone who just wants to die (though Yukine's already dead, he can't die again XD)
Feb 16, 2014 11:56 AM
Dec 2013
Yukine basically killing yato
Wonder what yato did for the regalia
Feb 16, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2012
marian11 said:

i like yukine :(

Kannei said:
silverwalls said:

what are u talking about hes stinging yato the hole time already not just started this ep

yeah i know, but this episode we found out that yato might die, that's what i was talking about
Feb 16, 2014 12:04 PM

Mar 2012
yukine was a instant love to me, although he's been doing ~ bad stuff ~ i can relate to him.

the character i dont like at all is nora, i loved when she was rejected by yato
Feb 16, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
Yukine is such a brat, for a moment I really hoped Yato would use Nora. Poor Yato, I feel so sorry for him.
Feb 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
marian11 said:

I know he's unlikable (because I used to hate him, haha) but he's cute, realistic and I can relate to his character very well.
You may not notice it but there are loads of yukines in the society right now :/

Someone who thinks everyone has given up on him. And someone who just wants to die (though Yukine's already dead, he can't die again XD)

We still need to see his past, I've a feeling that's where most of those favorites come from.
Feb 16, 2014 12:41 PM
Oct 2012
The writing in this show is crisp as always.

I liked when Tenchi was explaining what a Nora was and the second I said "what about Mayu", they explained her as well.

I know, to do this should have been obvious, but it is amazing how many shows don't bother to do the obvious things.
Feb 16, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm.. so Kazuma has owes Yato for some reason or another.
And Veena probably knows nothing of it.
LOL Yato kicking out Kofuku.. she is the god of poverty after all.
Yukine, that was low. Stealing a Disaster Relief Charity box..
Veena has 8 shinki :o
Yato refusing to use Nora
Appearance of some silver haired guy
Feb 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Interesting explanation of Nora's
Feb 16, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2012
I feel sorry for Yato. Having to experience all that pain because of Yukine.
Feb 16, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2008
Rin (HAROLD Sakuishi) manga spotted! That's pretty much the only thing I cared about this episode...hope it picks up the pace soon and stops beating around the bush with details.
Feb 16, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
NIce episode, can't wait for next one...
Feb 16, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
Disappointing that Yukine did okay to kill that phantom, really wanted to see Nora's debut and see how sick Yato could be using her. I mean if a lot of God is using Nora as a "nora" then she's got to be good after all. I'm guessing Kazuma (One of Bismanon's shinki) has associated with Yato before?
Feb 16, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2012
Yukine still a brat just like he was in the manga,well atleast he's abit more bearable in the anime.

As for the episode nothing special.
Feb 16, 2014 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
We finally get to know some information about what "Nora" are.

Yato seemed to dislike Nora, I wonder what happened between them in the past.

Yukine needed to stop doing dishonest things.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.