Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 2:39 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As much as i've loved this show so far, i've never really have had a favorite episode. But, this one is the best episode so far IMO. Maya finally met her Mr. Purple Rose, which was a really touching scene. I've noticed that nearly every time she feels as though she should give up, Hayami appears. It's all but certain that he cares for her by now.

The lengths to which Maya and Ayumi prepared for the audition were much the same, once again. I know for sure it will be one of them two who win, they deserve to with all the practice they have had.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 30, 2010 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
Loved the scene between her and hay mi :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Apr 12, 2010 5:42 PM

Feb 2009
wow good episode! Yay Maya and Hayumi!!! I can't wait to see if Maya or Ayumi will win...I really like them both, so I can't decide who I'm rooting for. XD
Mar 11, 2011 8:38 PM

Feb 2008
why do they keep closing the actor's eyes? they don't look blind like that,
its not particularly impressive (anyone can walk around with their eyes closed after all) nor is it an accurate adaptation from the manga :/
its the first time in a while that they've changed something that actually degraded the quality :(

also wish that they'd kept the bug scene for Maya too, it made the two seem closer, also it was more realistic than her surviving a fall like that while blindfolded, there's only two ways to take a fall like that without getting hurt, know where the ground is or be completely relaxed on impact, there's no way she met either of those conditions.
May 1, 2011 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
Erm, I actually didn't like the scene between Hayami and Maya that much... I thought it was really strange. Hayami's thoughts afterwards only made it even weirder. I can't help but find his being "in love" with Maya super creepy. I hope it's just her talent/skills/acting ability that he loves. Were that the case, it wouldn't seem so bizarre.

Otherwise, great episode. I am really not sure if I would even have the strength to live if I couldn't hear or see... Though, I suppose if you're born deaf or blind or both, then you never realise what you're missing since you never had it in the first place...

I'm looking forward to seeing Maya's portrayal of Helen, too! Next episode should be great as well.
Aug 5, 2011 6:45 PM
Feb 2008
as said in the episode, helen lost her sight and hearing at 11 months old... which means she did know what she was lacking... how sad that must be.
Oct 28, 2011 9:28 PM

Dec 2009
I don't know what it is that I really even like about this series, yet I've watched 21 episodes, and have no plans on dropping it so there must be something, right? If I had a passion for acting, it would make at least a little more sense, but I can't even claim that to be true. I do enjoy the classic literature featured throughout, but I could easily pick a number of them off my very own shelf.

In fact, it's easier for me to list what I don't like: 1) the style in which it's drawn, 2) I find that I care more for the supporting characters than I do for those in the leading roles, and 3) the episodes are repetitive in that Maya is presented with a challenge, Maya meets said challenge, Maya emerges victorious.

...and yet, I'll keep on a-watching.

As for this episode, I hope it has prompted at least a few people to either read/watch The Miracle Worker, or at the very least, look up some of Helen Keller's famous quotes and writings. Ah, if only such wisdom, humor, and strength of character could be gained without experiencing such hardship...
Aug 9, 2017 9:51 AM
Aug 2014
Do they invite the press for auditions? What if the "press" favours someone else than the jury? I see, so they could harass Ayumi.

Getting a bit tired of this "secret admirer" stuff, something "bad" happens and Hayumi immediately solves the problem.

She would eat with cutlery Maya, probably a fork.

Looks like everyone is a method actor in this show.
Dec 3, 2019 6:58 AM

Oct 2015
I don't usually like relationships with a huge age gap, but I approve of Hayami and Maya, the guy has earned it in a massive way.

The last scene, where Maya fell down and was still in character, hella disturbed me! I mean, how far can you go?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2014
Two things. One, I REALLY hope they're not setting up a romantic relationship between Hayami and Maya. It's extremely uncomfortable considering their age gap. I desperately hope that he is interested in her potential rather than her as a romantic interest.

Second, I want Ayumi to get the role. While I admire Maya's hard work towards obtaining this particular role, it would be nice to see someone else get the lead for a change and force Maya to leave the Tsukikage Troupe. Tsukikage is a witch through and through and Maya is better off without her.

Looking forward to seeing who gets the role.

Oct 11, 2021 2:53 PM

Sep 2016
jesus, that fall from the balcony scene caused some second-hand pain. a great setting-up, but the payoff was just ridiculous. I'm not really a fan at all of how it was just brushed off with a 'oh lol she just fell down two stories and could have very well gotten herself paralyzed for life, I guess she's really taking the role very seriously then!' I think this could have led to something really emotionally powerful, with more drastic consequences. a series this dramatic could have done some really great things with it
Jun 21, 2022 6:37 PM

Oct 2014
At start I've felt uncomfortable with the age gap of Hayumi and Maya but after thinking, I do think they set up a nice build up for these two. Curious to see how it will go from here.

And lmao, this is the first change in the 2005 version that was more ridiculous than the 80s version. This series really plays into, "you are an amazing actor if you let yourself die for the role."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.