Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 20, 2009 8:16 AM

Mar 2009
That was nice to watch and it seemed to go really quickly.

May 6, 2010 3:55 PM

Jan 2010
cute anime, hm
going to hold this til the end.
May 12, 2010 9:53 PM

Apr 2009
It's been awhile since I was into the manga, and now that I got around to watching this I was really reminded why I liked the series so much. I have a really good feeling about the show, it seems to be excellent so far. And the OP was great...

Jul 18, 2010 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm it's better then I expected it to be. I though this anime was pretty lame but I'm happy now that I tried to watch it because it's really not..
Dec 24, 2010 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
I'm not crazy about the character design, but everything else is good, I like the backgrounds and the warm colors.

It was slow but kind of cute, I'll watch a couple more episodes so I can decide if I keep watching it or drop it.

Mar 5, 2012 8:56 PM

Feb 2012
OP was very cute and put a smile on my face. I find Fumi unbelievably adorable, and for Fumi... I shall watch on!

Kyouko is pretty cute too... looking forward to seeing more of her. But pretty sure she will cause more trouble than Aa thinks.

I love Shoujo Ai so I'm pretty biased on this, but so far it seems more innocent and cute so let's see if they will focus on the actually romance part!
May 19, 2012 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
Mixed feelings about this first episode...
Dec 19, 2012 11:58 AM

May 2009
that was adorable definitely sticking with this one :)
Sep 11, 2013 8:21 AM

Mar 2011
Pretty cool first episode. I can't imagine why I was hesitating to watch this series. I liked the characters a lot.
Oct 25, 2013 6:20 AM

Feb 2011
Stumbled upon this show after dropping the second season of Aria. Truly, slice of life without comedy or purpose are a negative for me. Though, I did found this episode OK, it just remains to be seen if a good story unfolds.

The animation was pretty decent (IMO), it kinda reminded me of Usagi Drop, which, inexplicably, I enjoyed. Even wihen such dramas are not my cuppa.
Jun 18, 2014 9:22 PM

Apr 2012
great first episode. The last line of the episode wrapped up everything up nicely. Love the soothing OP/ED.

Jul 27, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
Personally im a big fan of Yuri, combine that with what seems to be a good story and i can conclude that this has loads of potential :) im not that crazy about how the art looks though.
Dec 7, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
Just watched episode 1, I like this kind of anime xD
calm character and good animation, can't wait to watch next episode..
but I need to sleep lol

Jan 8, 2015 2:07 PM
Aug 2012
interesting, likes the cousin huh?
Feb 6, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
I like this so far. Really soft colours, mellow atmosphere, good pacing.
The OP is a bit unfitting but the ED is great.

BTW, this is my first time watching a yuri/shoujo-ai anime. I have read a few GL manga before though.
Feb 17, 2015 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
This is exactly what I was hoping for. A Girls Love anime that doesn't use it as a service device. Knowing that this is by the same mangaka as Hourou Musuko, I have full faith that it will handle both the slice of life elements as well as the shoujo-ai themes well. I also like how despite being different studios, it has the same light colors and calming art style as HM. A very strong first episode, I especially like how Fumi's forbidden love wasn't dramatized and still invoked an emotional reaction.
Apr 13, 2015 8:31 PM

Sep 2014
Chizu >_> Leading your younger cousin (who obviously loves you) on even though you're getting married....and not telling her you're getting married. Yeesh.
Aug 4, 2015 5:41 AM
Aug 2012
I started this just right after finishiing reading manga) Liked the first episode: respect for the colours and atmosphere of the manga, op was even more evident than any moment in manga) Wanna enjoy the whole show, because it's not ordinary shoujo-ai manga at all
Sep 10, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2009
I'm gonna love this.
Jan 2, 2016 12:00 AM

May 2012
The writing seems kind of forced.
May 3, 2016 6:49 PM

Jan 2014
I love the animation style. This is very soft and sweet..
Jun 15, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2014
The animation is really pretty
The story seems interesting
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 1, 2016 6:00 PM

May 2009
PrincessLove said:
that was adorable definitely sticking with this one :)

i have a long story about why i didn't continue watching this at the time but rewatching it now i feel the same way lol
Jan 19, 2017 11:49 PM

Oct 2012
Ouch. "She's my cousin... And a girl".
The pain.
The handdddddddddddddd
THE "YOUR BOOBS ARE PERKY"
Ouch. OUCH.
Apr 6, 2017 3:51 AM
Jan 2012
I am enjoying the characters. Cute show so far.
Dec 1, 2019 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
The brother: "You're only cute when you're sleeping."

Bro wtf...
Mar 25, 2020 1:09 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, that dance in the Opening was very heartwarming..
Well, it seems that both girls have some kind of not warmest feelings in the family?.. Red haired girl is annoyed with her brother for some reason it seems.. But maybe it's not too much of a big deal.. Girl with glasses, though, seems to be having more.. Dear to her person leaving, and her being not on best terms with some woman, who's now a mom of household or something?..
I wonder.. Is it a tradition to build schools on the hills in Japan, so that pupils would climb up the hill?.. Like, for health, or something?.. Or it's just coincidence that many schools in anime are like that, I wonder..
So maybe two girls are around the same age after all?.. Maybe just Fumi is tall, and that's why she looks like more adult woman.. But her classmates are looking around Akira's age..
Fumi is gloomy at times?.. She says she's not good with saying "no", hm..
So Fumi and Akira knew each other since kindergarden, or was it elementary school.. Either way, for quite some time..
I wonder, if Fumi constantly had to deal with someone dear leaving her.. I mean, earlier in episode we see some woman leaving her.. Also in earlier school she knew Akira, but then they didn't learn together, right?.. If to add that she was nervous and sad about many things in the past, not stable relationships didn't help as well.. She might be feeling afraid of the world, unsure.. Anyone could really in her position, even if you're brave spirited, but losing relationships constantly..
Jumping scenes are a bit confusing.. When something is still said, but another things are already happening in the view.. Or starting some dialogs in the middle.. Good thing that they're not jumping too much, only here and there.. I hope there will be less jumps, though..
And it seems that Fumi and that Tidzu (or how her name is written) were having a good relationship?.. But also seems that Fumi was surprised or something, when she saw the cake and heard about Tidzu's husband?.. So maybe Tidzu was lying to Fumi for quite some time about her marriage?.. If she apologized..
Well, it seems that Fumi also might have felt something more for her cousin.. If she's telling in her head about such things as "she's woman, after all".. So Fumi already is more open to girls' love, maybe.. But also her cousin hurt her, on the other side.. So she might also be more closed about relationships in general..
Well, so far, I like a lot of info about characters.. Also Fumi is unsure type, I like characters like that sometimes.. More to see about Akira, I guess.. But would like to see about Fumi even more as well.. Also, one phrase from Opening, I think, is stuck in my memory.. About that maybe by looking at you, I will learn about myself more as well.. I quite liked this phrase.. Because I don't like, when people pathologize this thing, making it bad, when you learn about yourself from others.. Well, this aside, first episode was very enjoyable.. Waiting for more..
Oct 24, 2021 6:56 AM

Jun 2016
A sweet opening episode that showcased a long-awaited reunion between our main characters Fumi and Akira, both of whom are starting new schools.

Throughout the ep, I was unsure if this is my cup of tea, but like most things, I'll give it a chance. I am curious to see how far their relationship develops, considering there's a 'girls love' tag on this show.
A-Simple-SquireOct 24, 2021 7:07 AM

Apr 3, 2022 6:14 PM

Jun 2014
This looks promising. The two main protagonists are interesting.

Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Jul 2022
and so they were both cousins
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fugles - Sep 9, 2009

127 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Jul 15, 2009

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 5, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Sep 2, 2009

56 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 10, 2023 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.