Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2009 11:28 AM

May 2008
I finished first and didn't think there was anything special, i saw second - i was very bored, i couldn't watch third till the end, I nearly fell asleep. Would you suggest to read me this novel? Or its just fanboys that voted this novel to be nr 9 on rankings?
Apr 11, 2011 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Watch through the rest of the movies. the 5th and the 7th movie's are like the best :)

(but the first, 2nd and 4th movie's are the worst..)
Apr 11, 2011 1:38 PM

Feb 2009
Honestly, I think you're bored because you haven't quite gotten to the point where things start to make sense. Besides, movies 5 and 7 are the best of these films, so at least watch those.
Jul 20, 2011 5:32 PM

May 2009
iwilllolyou said:
Watch through the rest of the movies. the 5th and the 7th movie's are like the best :)

Mind boogles.
Oct 27, 2011 3:10 PM

Oct 2009
iwilllolyou said:

You're the worst! ~pouts~

Dec 31, 2011 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
late reply but at least watch the 3rd movie, it's also one of the better ones. But it's the kind of thing you have to finish completely to fully appreciate, the story is two interconnected plots and it all comes full circle at the end in a satisfying way.

But seriously, if the movies are managing to bore you, you wouldn't want to read it because Nasu's writing, especially in this (one of his oldest works) is really really wordy and verbose. To some degree it's necessary because he basically establishes the major principles of the universe that Tsukihime and the Fate/ franchise occur in. The movies were cut down for run time in some places but the original work clocks in at like 650+ pages. Although if you have the patience it's a great read and supplements the movies in a few places (most obvious being that movie 6 was cut way down from chapter 6, the other changes are generally far more minor)
Mar 2, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
zero_suls said:
I finished first and didn't think there was anything special, i saw second - i was very bored, i couldn't watch third till the end, I nearly fell asleep. Would you suggest to read me this novel? Or its just fanboys that voted this novel to be nr 9 on rankings?

Considering you found this boring, I'm going to have to think you are a philistine, and pretty stupid, because you didn't tell us WHY you found them boring.

I'm just going to have to assume you cannot appreciate art, story, and depth.
Aug 3, 2012 10:50 AM

Nov 2009
Found them...boring? That's impossible.
I watch you sleep <3
Jan 16, 2013 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
kariya-kun said:
Found them...boring? That's impossible.

Some people have bad taste, also besides those that just have bad taste he could also be a troll considering he didn't even say why he found them boring.
Jan 18, 2014 2:12 AM

Sep 2013
You need to be able to appreciate excellent directing and animation, suspense building and brilliant OST with sometimes slow plot development if you want to be able to enjoy the movies. I haven't read the LN so can't comment on that.

That said, because of aforementioned reasons, I never once found KnK boring. Time flew by as I watched them.
Jan 28, 2014 11:16 PM

Dec 2007
The 6th movie was obviously the most inferior one. The rest was High to Godlike tier. The Epilogue was so-so.

I can't wait for Mirai Fukuin to come out, damn it. It's gonna be amazing shit.
Sep 5, 2014 7:43 PM
Aug 2014
1. Art is very cool and hyper-realistic. I didn't feel like I was watching a cartoon but a live action.

2. Wearing a mini jacket over a kimono only looks good on paper. It doesn't look very good in real life b/c the kimono droops too long under the jacket.

3. Too much gore. Bloody murder is romanticized much to the detriment of society.
Aug 9, 2021 11:38 PM

Mar 2020
hirobo2 said:
1. Art is very cool and hyper-realistic. I didn't feel like I was watching a cartoon but a live action.

2. Wearing a mini jacket over a kimono only looks good on paper. It doesn't look very good in real life b/c the kimono droops too long under the jacket.

3. Too much gore. Bloody murder is romanticized much to the detriment of society.
It's not romanticized in the slightest in this tho. It's not because there is gore in something that it is automatically romanticizing said gore. If anything the gore in the show inspire horror so how is it remotely romanticized ? (btw yes I am weird for responding to a post that was made 7 years ago but I just don't get what you meant so please explain).
check out odd taxi
Aug 13, 2021 2:11 PM

Jan 2017
kaiki_fan_boy said:
It's not romanticized in the slightest in this tho. It's not because there is gore in something that it is automatically romanticizing said gore. If anything the gore in the show inspire horror so how is it remotely romanticized ? (btw yes I am weird for responding to a post that was made 7 years ago but I just don't get what you meant so please explain).

Welp , i'm 3 days late but i'll still say it :
Hirobo2 Last Online : Jan 3, 2016 3:27 AM
So he probably will never respond to you , but i guess that he meant to say that they use murders to talk about twisted love. (Lio...)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 17, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2020
Alexioos95 said:
kaiki_fan_boy said:

Welp , i'm 3 days late but i'll still say it :
Hirobo2 Last Online : Jan 3, 2016 3:27 AM
So he probably will never respond to you , but i guess that he meant to say that they use murders to talk about twisted love. (Lio...)
hey thanks for answering but I am still not sure how it romanticize it. Maybe I should rewatch it with this in mind. And yeah thanks for pointing out to me that he wasn't using mal anymore I didn't notice it.
check out odd taxi
Sep 17, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
If you didn´t liked the anime there is no point into reading the novel, since they are the same thing, word for word, with the exception of the sixth one (in the anime was changed a lot, but nonetheless is a bad chapter in both medias). And some of what you said about how much gore the series have is true. KnK is pretty edgy at some points (Nasu was like 19 when he wrote this) but I think this (and Tsukihime) are his best works in terms of story.
Sep 17, 2021 3:00 PM

Jan 2017
Pakumen- said:
If you didn´t liked the anime there is no point into reading the novel, since they are the same thing, word for word

The OP asked this question in 2009 , you are a little bit late...

If you talk about the translation of the LN done by Cokesakto , it's considered by a lot of people to be a really bad one , even said to be a fan-fiction.
(I don't know how to read Japanese , and i didn't tried any others translations , so i don't know how much it's true. Nevertheless , i enjoyed it a lot.)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 19, 2021 7:23 PM

Aug 2015
Alexioos95 said:
Pakumen- said:
If you didn´t liked the anime there is no point into reading the novel, since they are the same thing, word for word

The OP asked this question in 2009 , you are a little bit late...

If you talk about the translation of the LN done by Cokesakto , it's considered by a lot of people to be a really bad one , even said to be a fan-fiction.
(I don't know how to read Japanese , and i didn't tried any others translations , so i don't know how much it's true. Nevertheless , i enjoyed it a lot.)

The thing is, if you compare the dialogue from that translation with CR subs they match, and quite a lot. I can say it because I am finishing the LN and I watched the ovas (again) just before reading, so I have my memory fresh. Could be a Mandela effect or something, but most of the errors or issues with the emptyboundaries translation are related to terminology, not really the overall message. It´s not as bad as MTL, or Duwang.
Oct 3, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
you wont like the translation either since its really really bad
not as bad as MTL or shit but still
May 18, 2022 6:32 AM
Mar 2021
lucjan said:
iwilllolyou said:

You're the worst! ~pouts~
bruh which manga is that signature of yours from?
Feb 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Feb 2016
zero_suls said:
I finished first and didn't think there was anything special, i saw second - i was very bored, i couldn't watch third till the end, I nearly fell asleep.
I had the same reaction to the movies, but I found the novel to be entertaining. So I do recommend reading, even though the story is forgettable. @Catalano agrees the movies are inferior.
その目だれの目?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners Chapter 1 Discussion

Trequartista - Feb 21, 2014

4 by Uutama »»
Mar 9, 3:18 PM

» Where you can read this: Walkthrough or whatever.

Sobzob - Dec 21, 2007

15 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 4, 2023 11:35 PM

» Need help and advice

kaleHoneylettuce - May 18, 2022

5 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 2, 2023 4:20 AM

» 「Kara no Kyoukai Explained」

waalex11 - May 8, 2020

9 by qwrxzy »»
Jul 21, 2023 5:34 AM

Poll: » Kara no Kyoukai ~the Garden of sinners~ Chapter 7 Discussion

Kanorin - Mar 9, 2013

1 by Kazu-chan-san »»
Mar 19, 2023 5:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.