Forum Settings
Forums

Publication of Manga NANA Suspended Due To a Sudden Illness of the Author

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2009 6:57 PM

Sep 2008
this is why I hate long running manga, seems like most of their mangakas croak or can't continue.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 16, 2009 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
If someone knows something about her, please let us know, it's been like five months already...
Nov 20, 2009 5:38 AM

Sep 2007
I wanna the 85 chapter, can't wait anymoreeee ;___;
Nov 22, 2009 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
Its been sooooo long since we have heard any news about the mangaka
Does anyone know if she has a blog page or a website that is updated?
Dec 21, 2009 9:16 AM
Nov 2009
i hate how there is no news at all about her or when is she going to get better or what kind of diasease she has....

i can't wait for her to get better and beggin publishing nana again
Dec 28, 2009 2:17 PM
Aug 2007
Does anyone know if Yazawa-sensei has gotten any better since the story was first posted? :(
Feb 3, 2010 9:37 AM

Dec 2009
Is there any news about Ai Yazawa? This newspost is posted so long ago.. well, I hope everything's going okay..
Feb 3, 2010 10:13 AM

Jan 2010
Gotta browse the internet and see if she has twitter or anything like that which gives us some info. She's been ill for several months and the fans are extremely worried about the fact that there are no news from her.

Plus.. I'd like to know how it goes on in NANA ;__;
Feb 4, 2010 11:59 PM

Jun 2007
missing NANA so much... :( get better Ai Yazawa!
i checked her fan group on facebook but there was no further information on her condition.
Feb 5, 2010 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
ashura said:
i checked her fan group on facebook but there was no further information on her condition.

I was just thinking the same thing! Finally watching the movies cause I miss it so much D: anime and manga is definately better -_-
Feb 5, 2010 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
ashura said:

I was just thinking the same thing! my getting Nana withdrawls T_T finally watching the movies now.. the anime and manga are definately better -_-
Feb 5, 2010 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
I miss Nana too T_T it's been so long since the last chapter :(
and we know nothing new about Ai Yazawa :/

Feb 6, 2010 7:12 AM
May 2009
It's been so long since we've heard any more information about her condition. I sure hope she recovers soon. I'm so glad that I haven't read the last volume of Nana yet. I preordered it and will read it when it arrives. I hope she'll be better by then or I won't know what to do with myself after I'm done. I guess I'll have to finish reading Gokinjo Monogatari and Paradise Kiss.
Feb 7, 2010 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
sigh...it's been months. no update on Yazawa Ai health condition. i hope she gets better soon. i really cant wait to see how the story will progress.
Feb 14, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
I miss NANA too! :'(
Feb 18, 2010 11:11 AM

Feb 2009
What exactly do "months" mean?
and what kind of illness can she possibly have to take her this long to recover?

I hope she gets better soon...
Feb 20, 2010 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
I hope too. I'm rereading the hole manga so that i won't miss so much NANA. And plus, it's funny how Yazawa makes us so confused with those images about the future and also, anxious about what is going to happen to result in that future. I just love the way she makes it so well *-*
Feb 22, 2010 2:10 PM
Nov 2008
i don't think she is going to continue? DD:
http://tinyurl.com/yh6h4lj
Feb 24, 2010 9:49 AM
Sep 2007
I was about to post something about that. The fact that she decided to focus on fashion design has pretty much killed any possibilities on continuing Nana. If she ever does continue, I think it's gonna be months or even years from now.
Feb 24, 2010 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
Seems like it's not true that post.
Here's the site saying it http://community.livejournal.com/blackstones/785293.html
Seems that a girl wrote that notice in Pro Shoujo Spain for a spanish april's fool. Oh well, she almost made me die xD It made no sense to me Yazawa simply puts NANA on hold. I don't think Cookie would just let that go like this, cause NANA is really famous and Cookie definitely must earn a lot of money in it.
Feb 25, 2010 8:19 AM
Sep 2007
Reikaa said:
Seems like it's not true that post.
Here's the site saying it http://community.livejournal.com/blackstones/785293.html
Seems that a girl wrote that notice in Pro Shoujo Spain for a spanish april's fool. Oh well, she almost made me die xD It made no sense to me Yazawa simply puts NANA on hold. I don't think Cookie would just let that go like this, cause NANA is really famous and Cookie definitely must earn a lot of money in it.

I was about to say that I had seen the news in another website, but I looked back at it and it's the same news. I'm actually relieved that it's not true, but at the same time it'd be nice to have SOME sort of news... Guess we're back to the waiting area.
Feb 25, 2010 4:12 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah. Oh well, it's better than having a bad news so suddenly like that one.
I think it's so strange we having no news about Yazawa, cause probably there must have a lot of fans in Japan calling and send e-mails to Cookie.
Mar 19, 2010 1:18 PM

May 2008
is it true or not?

>_> she'd better continue it..
Mar 20, 2010 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
It is not. That was just a really old joke.

So, NANA is been released where i live and in the manga (don't really remember which volume it is. i think it's the 18th). Yazawa comments that she's having some problems with her healthy because of her smoking. She was trying to quit little by little and she even had a surgery.
Mar 21, 2010 1:17 PM
Jun 2008
Reikaa said:
It is not. That was just a really old joke.

Yazawa comments that she's having some problems with her healthy because of her smoking. She was trying to quit little by little and she even had a surgery.

Well that sucks, she should just go cold turkey with the smoking... Best way in my opinion. But that's just me who doesn't understand that filthy addiction.
Mar 24, 2010 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
I had assumed it was something like stress that made her take a break but it seems not. What kind of complications can smoking cause, aside from cancer, that would have such an impact on her?

"I'm always sleeping in my forest of thorns."
- Satou Sei
Mar 25, 2010 2:25 PM
May 2009
It's been ten months since she's gotten sick and there have been no updates about her. That's so strange, what's going on? I hope she's doing better than when the news first broke. Maybe she's secretly writing thje next volume already and when news does come out about her, it will say she is better and the next volume is coming out. I know it's wishful thinking but it's driving me crazy that you can't find ANYTHING on the internet about what's going on with her.
Mar 26, 2010 10:28 AM

May 2008
did she stop writing because of her smoke addiction, or is it because she's depressed?
Mar 26, 2010 12:28 PM

Jan 2008
Finally some news! It's from Shoujo Spain and I really hope it's not again just someone joking around.

http://shoujospain.blogspot.com/2010/03/yazawa-retoma-nana.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ProShoujoSpain+%28Pro+Shoujo+Spain%29&utm_content=Twitter

So, basically it says that Yazawa is in the way to get better and we'll have a new chapter of NANA in the end of july. It'll be in Cookie n.09.
I think that news is serious cause it's referring to a news that Cookie posted in her site. As i don't know japanese i can't really confirm that.
Mar 26, 2010 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
Reikaa said:
Finally some news! It's from Shoujo Spain and I really hope it's not again just someone joking around.

http://shoujospain.blogspot.com/2010/03/yazawa-retoma-nana.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ProShoujoSpain+%28Pro+Shoujo+Spain%29&utm_content=Twitter

So, basically it says that Yazawa is in the way to get better and we'll have a new chapter of NANA in the end of july. It'll be in Cookie n.09.
I think that news is serious cause it's referring to a news that Cookie posted in her site. As i don't know japanese i can't really confirm that.

Since I don't read Spanish I couldn't read anything from the link XD

However I do hope what you read is true. It stopped at a bad place. I've been dying to find out how things turn out, even though we do know Nana stays with Takumi it appears. I want to know if what just happened is what drove Nana over the edge as well.

Mar 28, 2010 12:27 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know where the original Japanese information is posted, but basically what Reikaa said is what it says on Spanish on that page. (Yay for taking Spanish in high school! =D)

I'm really excited about this. Can't wait til July. ^^
Mar 28, 2010 6:46 PM

Jul 2007
I hope that isn't a joke. >_<!
I really, really hope it isn't a joke.
Mar 29, 2010 9:13 AM

Aug 2007
Mewn said:
I hope that isn't a joke. >_<!
I really, really hope it isn't a joke.
Mar 29, 2010 4:53 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah, I'm pretty fluent in Spanish from school and that's a fairly accurate translation...but given the type of small private site it's coming from and simply the fact that it's coming from Spain of all places... leads me to believe this lacks much credibility. Can only hope =/

It said the primary source was from Cookie magazine though, which I believe is a Japanese manga magazine that's been associated with NANA in the past. Anyone seen it?

life is a dream
~death is reality
Mar 30, 2010 12:23 AM
Nov 2009
yes im a spanish person, i am spanish
and that what it puts in the news
BUTTTT i know for a fact that this is not true
why?
this was published in the spanish April Fools Day
as well, later on its says that it is not true

having this cleared up
do any of you have any news about it

i really hope that she continues with it
Mar 31, 2010 10:53 AM
May 2009
As much as I would like to believe that Ai Yazawa will be releasing another chapter of Nana by July, that website is not a credible enough source to me, especially after the shenanigan they pulled for April Fool's Day. Plus, why would Spain have any information out before a Japanese website? I'm sure the news would break in Japan before Spain or any other country. I just bought a Nana bag from a seller in Japan on eBay who sells Nana merchandise so I just emailed her a couple of minutes ago and asked if they heard anything about Ai Yazawa's condition and what's going on with Nana. I'll post and let you know what she says.
Mar 31, 2010 2:34 PM
May 2009
Unfortunately, she said she hasn't heard anything either. This is seriously the strangest thing. She is a worldwide known mangaka and you hear nothing about her.
Mar 31, 2010 8:32 PM

Oct 2008
Eternal_Moon said:
Unfortunately, she said she hasn't heard anything either. This is seriously the strangest thing. She is a worldwide known mangaka and you hear nothing about her.

Yeah, it really is weird... I mean, I'd understand if she was one of the lesser-known manga-kas, but she's well known, worldwide, as you said. You'd think /someone/ would've heard something, but I guess that's not the case. :|
Apr 15, 2010 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
I'm really wondering what the hell is going on. Still no news?
Apr 18, 2010 4:57 PM

May 2007
It could be that she put the series into hiatus because she's thinking of the perfect way of ending the series.

NANA......man I remember watching the anime as it was getting released and subbed.....damn were the subs slow. I read a few chapters of the manga but I didn't continue because I had too many commitments.

Anyways, back to this hiatus thing......I hope she's not pulling our legs like CLAMP have done with a few of their series with a freaking long-ass haitus.

Hmmmm....I'm wondering if I should bother with this series or just wait when it truly finishes.

Pretty much a DEAD series now. =(
Apr 26, 2010 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
Heres some news! Anime news network posted this, so it's trustworthy! :3

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-04-25/nana-manga-creator-ai-yazawa-returns-from-hospital

I'm really hoping she is feeling better. I would like her to continue NANA, but only if shes really up to it you know? She needs her strength and I hope she doesn't feel obliged to hurry back to work or anything.
Glad to see shes well for the time being. :3
One day, I'll get a cool sig. x3 Untill then...
Heres prussia...taking over your vital regions:

Apr 28, 2010 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
Ichigo_no_Hime said:
Heres some news! Anime news network posted this, so it's trustworthy! :3

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-04-25/nana-manga-creator-ai-yazawa-returns-from-hospital

I'm really hoping she is feeling better. I would like her to continue NANA, but only if shes really up to it you know? She needs her strength and I hope she doesn't feel obliged to hurry back to work or anything.
Glad to see shes well for the time being. :3

YES! This is great, I'm just happy to hear she's out of the hospital. Although, I'm a bit nervous about her considering not continuing her work.
Apr 28, 2010 10:01 AM

Dec 2009
Yes! This is great news guys.. still though.. I can see it comming that she doesn't continue making Nana. But isn't she under contract or so?
Apr 28, 2010 11:37 PM

Nov 2008
I am glad she is better. She must have endured a lot and probably even reconsidered her whole life. We must not blame her if stops working as a mangaka. But I really really hope she will return to work step-by-step. She might have felt uncomfortable because of telling so much about self-destruction in NANA. But Nana Osaka in her new imaga with long hair, singing in some London bar - didn't she seem finally happy? I hope Ai-san will make it through and give NANA a heart-warming ending.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Apr 30, 2010 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
guys, please move on to the new thread.
Current Condition of Manga NANA's Author Revealed
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.