Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And with that this manga ends.
I've got to say that this whole chapter seemed rather weak. I don't even see why he had to bring those two characters back. Was it just so that there was a bit of drama at the end. So that the chapter wasn't a complete let down?

Unfortunately that ending was among some of the worst I've seen.
Almost as bad as Eden no ori.
Feb 16, 2014 1:28 AM

Dec 2008
pumpkinmuay said:
I've got to say that this whole chapter seemed rather weak. I don't even see why he had to bring those two characters back. Was it just so that there was a bit of drama at the end. So that the chapter wasn't a complete let down?

I think that Serizawa was brought mostly for creating suspension at the end of previous chapter (and I personally think it was a nice move - to sucker the reader into thinking that against all logic Yuuya survived and then proving that this story isn't about such cheap overly positive endings), though I too don't get why Cross Hunter was also involved into this (and somehow I find that scene with Serizava being pulled into propeller unlikely, I don't really know how a ship propeller would behave when out of water but somehow I doubt it would move at high enough speeds to create that kind of suction in the air).

Anyway, my impression on the manga as a whole is quite good and I will probably re-read it sometime in the future, I would also like to see more stories like this.
New profile design sucks.
Feb 17, 2014 1:01 AM

Oct 2012
Unfortunately, this is how it ends. To be honest, it was a bit disappointing and needed at least a few more chapters to tie up loose ends, but it ended and now i can (finally) cross this off my list.

Feb 24, 2014 2:11 AM

Jun 2011
Shunsuke looks a lot like Yuuya now, and he even change his last name to Takigawa. Damn, everyone moved on, and Yuuya is gone forever!! lives on in our heart ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 2, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2008
It's finally finished..It's sad to think the MC died and that everyone moved on. ; ;
Oh well, onto the next series!
8/10
Mar 5, 2014 5:16 PM
Jun 2013
Right now, despite the blind girl having the name Yume, I really don't want to think that Yukino Kai (Hoozuki no Shima) and Yuuya is the same person. I would find it way too tragic if the kid actually went trough hell only to die. Poor kid.
Mar 12, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
What a lame ending. It was all messed up.
Mar 22, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
That... was the ending ? Arghhhh..this is so wrong.
Although I'm no fan of happily ever after ending but I still don't like to see Yuuya die just like that.
I want to see Yuuya and Makoto together whether life or death but.. nevermind.
That ending made me drop the score a little. :(
Apr 11, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Mentalii said:
What a lame ending. It was all messed up.

This. Why does this happen to me recently. I read a good manga overall but with a shitty ending.. *sigh*
Apr 29, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
^ Did you guys read the epilogue?

Well, I started this on a whim, and thought it was absolute garbage. I was going to drop it after about 5 chapters in, but for some reason decided not to.

With all the convoluted info dumps, characters who served no purpose but to be death fodder for shitty gore fanservice, the ecchi shit, the abrupt character actions that made no sense other than to cause pointless and contrived conflict. It was just so bad. The writing was mediocre at best.

But I turned my brain off and stuck through it. It ended up being quite enjoyable, and kind of sadistically funny at times (like when the boob girl called the crazy guy's "tragic" past and reasoning fucking shitty, and then peed on his face). I was really worried it'd be an edgy "bad end" type of shit, and was quite honestly expecting it, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Once I decided to numb my suspension of disbelief and throw rationality out the window, this manga became pretty fun. It was kind of like Mirai Nikki. 7/10.
Red_KeysApr 29, 2014 6:44 AM
May 7, 2014 3:38 AM

Oct 2013
WTF, that cross hunter guy was still alive? What a deus ex machina.
Jun 14, 2014 9:14 AM

Feb 2013
The ending was shit but I still enjoyed this.

7/10
Aug 20, 2014 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
The ending was not as bad as I thought so but there are still some questions lingering in my mind (or did I just missed something).

So is the "Cross Hunter" infected or just like Takigawa and Serizawa trying to keep the last remaining humanity left in them? Why didn't he go after Koyuki assuming he saw the cross in his forehead. Apparently from what I understand this series is somehow connected with Houzuki no Shima. If so How true is it? I saw Yume and Yuuya in the character list. The captain of the rescue boat had a reference in the epilogue from what manga did he come from?

I did like adding an epilogue chapter since most zombie outbreak manga that I read is either on hiatus or has no slight possible chance of seeing it finished *cough* HOTD *cough*. I might pick up Houzuki no Shima if I have time. 8/10.
Aug 25, 2014 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
Damn, that was a tearjerker. 7/10.
Oct 8, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
I think the best way to enjoy this series is to turn your brains off. Honestly though, I didn't think the ending was bad as Cage of Eden. Sure it wasn't good but it wasn't entirely garbage.
Nov 17, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
silmaril said:

Absolutely.

Jan 25, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
so what happened to Kana she was still alive after being hanged?
Jul 21, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2011
would have been better if someone infected survived, that would have made an interesting cliffhanger ending.
Dec 16, 2015 4:24 AM

Dec 2011
Seemed like there were too many independent plot elements to be resolved. The Cross Hunter and that cross group's leader didn't really need to exist at all. The romance lacked depth and also didn't need to be there, but whatever.

Fanservice... well, the issues with that should be blatantly obvious, literally ruined that one ambush scene with the hidden knife.

Characters also kept showing up one after the other until, by the end, it felt like they were just teleporting around the ship. That was probably because the manga was only 41 chapters, I imagine, so it was an issue with pacing.

On the bright side, atmosphere and most character personalities were pretty well done, even if some of the decisions they made were strange. The cross hunter in particular. Also, wheelchair kid got no development - he just turned into a 'get out of jail free' card. Why was he even okay with burning to death?

The parts which recieved focus, such as Kana's descent into insanity and subsequent rampage, were kind of satisfying. She was our only real taste of paranoia, though, so of course she would be.
Jan 2, 2016 9:01 PM

Oct 2013
Shitty ending. Overall 6/10.
Jun 17, 2016 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Yes... This is shitty ending. 7/10
Aug 4, 2017 5:53 PM

Jan 2010
I might have missed it somewhere among the lines... but where the hell did they find lifeboat? Was it just floating there? Why the military didn't deal with it then?
Dec 12, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2015
Yeah it's not that good, but for a survival manga standard, it's enjoyable.

I do find the cross hunter weird though. There's pretty much zero reason as to why he'd save them, then leave immediately. The author would've done better if the cross guy leader just fail to grab Hanna's legs instead of the deus ex machina.

The connection of Yume being in this shit after getting involved in another manga is pretty cool. Also Rikiya being the one to save them would probably be weird, but that would make sense that he'd trust what Yume said since he know her.

Jan 8, 2019 1:55 AM
Sep 2018
5/10

I have feeling from the start that will be shit ending because i know it was the same author of boku dake.
May 11, 2019 10:29 AM
Sep 2016
silmaril said:

Maybe he was infected after all Serizawa killed him ,then he came back to life because of the infection and went for him to kill him ,that's what happened I think
May 12, 2020 7:18 AM
Jan 2020
I just have to say what an embarrassment from the creator of such a master piece as Erased comes this plot hole filled garbage. I loved erased and wanted to give his other series a try but this was such an unsatisfying ending. I LOVED the tragic end of our MC but where I thought was an elaborate scheme turned out to be a forgotten plot point. The author explains that the virus spreads through blood and Kana was infected so when the kid bit her hand in self defense that should’ve meant he was infected as he got blood in his mouth (afterall our MC gets infected a little after from being bit by her so we know she’s contagious). So because of this I thought he either carried the virus or developed a vaccine, which leads to 2 different endings. Either he turns when he gets back to tokyo and an outbreak is started or they cure the people infected in Africa. But nope he becomes a circus performer just because.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Yurikago Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2014

1 by DarklordVor »»
Feb 10, 2017 8:21 PM

Poll: » Mouryou no Yurikago Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2014

1 by DarklordVor »»
Feb 10, 2017 8:08 PM

Poll: » Mouryou no Yurikago Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

1 by DarklordVor »»
Feb 10, 2017 8:04 PM

Poll: » Mouryou no Yurikago Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

1 by DarklordVor »»
Feb 10, 2017 7:59 PM

Poll: » Mouryou no Yurikago Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

1 by DarklordVor »»
Feb 10, 2017 7:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.