Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2009 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, i love that flying transport^^ at first i thought it was stealth but the problem is it can still be detected by the enemy(Ryouko) so they end up having to avoid enemy firing =.= man, from firing bullets to missiles isn't a pleasant thing^^ I don't think Miiko knows what is going on after all these time as she has been with Mikuni for a while now. So now they even have the technology(jet pact) to fly, but i have to say the unusual flying weapons are deadly with their spinning cutting. In the end, i think no one on the good side die...even the pilot survives the exploding on the aircraft^^
Jun 28, 2009 9:12 PM
May 2008
Alright episode I suppose but the incredibly over the top infiltration scene was too long for its own good. This episode IMO seemed to be the transition from stagnant story to loads of progression in the next episode or two.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 29, 2009 1:03 AM

Oct 2007
NeloDeath said:
Alright episode I suppose but the incredibly over the top infiltration scene was too long for its own good. This episode IMO seemed to be the transition from stagnant story to loads of progression in the next episode or two.
Jun 29, 2009 1:05 AM

Apr 2009
I liked it, it's good to see Kuniko in action again and to see Mikuni understanding things a bit more.
Jun 29, 2009 12:49 PM

May 2008
My favorite so far. Liked how the action finally returned to the show.
Jun 30, 2009 2:30 AM

Feb 2009
kuniko in jetpack is cute

ShanaFlame said:
In the end, i think no one on the good side die...

the one random guy got shot while gliding in (by one of the spinny aircraft). other than that i dont think it showed anyone else die
Jul 1, 2009 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
did u people watched this online or watched raw or something?
i cant find this episode subbed for download anywhere
should i just wait more? i thought this was aired for pretty some time ago...
=/
Jul 1, 2009 2:00 PM
May 2008
Shadoww said:
=/

I haven't been DLing this series since I don't like it enough to... but if you want to stream it crunchyroll has it available and I believe that tokyotosho has it for DL from the same subber from crunchyroll.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 2, 2009 3:36 AM

Jun 2008
NeloDeath said:
Shadoww said:
=/

I haven't been DLing this series since I don't like it enough to... but if you want to stream it crunchyroll has it available and I believe that tokyotosho has it for DL from the same subber from crunchyroll.

yea thnx, but i already found it today at mininova
Jul 2, 2009 4:38 AM

Jun 2008
loved animation and action at this one
Jul 2, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode. It just did so many little dramatic things right, like Miikuni learning the value of human life, Konoe being won over by Kuniko, Momo and Takehiko's banter in the jeep, and Momo saving Kuniko when her jetpack ran out of fuel. Not even Gonzo's subpar cgi could bring down this episode since it the rest of the art was so striking, with the sunset and everything. Which makes me think. Isn't Kuniko pretty close to Mikuni? I like this whole sun and moon metaphor for the two.
Jul 3, 2009 5:05 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
wtf is a little 13 year old girl doing as the leader of these people???????

this anime makes no sense.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jul 3, 2009 8:12 AM

Aug 2008
I love Momoko in the jeep and when her and Kuniko were on the spinny aircraft. I loved the action in this episode. All around this was one of the best so far, funny and lots of pew pew.
Jul 3, 2009 8:59 AM

Jun 2009
This episode was highly unrealistic imho. I mean, invasion with the big black stealth plane in the middle of the daylight, hiring trained pilot & buying the plane in the first place... I mean, when did they suddenly got all that money to pay that? Than Kuniko running on the the plane while in flight with no problem, etc...

The only thing that I really liked was showing relationship between Mikuni and Miiko. This episode was a good brainless action and nothing more or less, but it was fun in it's own way. I really hope that next one will be better.
Jul 3, 2009 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
Didn't Kuniko say a few episodes ago that Metal Age should start selling off graphite in order to pay for a war? I'm pretty sure that's how they got the money.
Jul 4, 2009 2:55 AM

Dec 2008
Ok this show gives a damn about realism, but this ep was very cool.

Kunikos Boomerang is made of pure win ;D

The killer drones were too much, in my opinion

Naruleach said:

don't be so fussy ; )
Thas the way the story goes, there is no other character in this show who could be the boss of metal age.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2009 12:15 AM

Aug 2007
Fabienne said:
Ok this show gives a damn about realism, but this ep was very cool.

Kunikos Boomerang is made of pure win ;D

The killer drones were too much, in my opinion

Naruleach said:

don't be so fussy ; )
Thas the way the story goes, there is no other character in this show who could be the boss of metal age.

let's just say Kuniko is an incredibly talented boomerang girl shall we.

anyway, action-packed episode, yes the Kuniko scenes were abit unbelievable but anyway, enjoy it to the fullest yeah. the animation is fantastic! love the flight battles. <3

Jul 5, 2009 6:43 AM

Oct 2007

LOL they need a better quality checker. Where did her mask gone?

"They are trying their best to survive."
"They are dead."

So Atlas can changed its own shape somehow?
And we haven't yet to learn the third party who is attacking Atlas again.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 9, 2009 10:09 PM

Sep 2008
I was glad to see some action back in the show. P:
Jul 20, 2009 5:22 PM

Apr 2008
This show has dropped from a 5 to a 4.

Honestly, running on a flying plane and sitting on a missile is just too much. I already knew that this show wouldn't be one taking reality as an influence, after the tank-exploding boomerang, but this takes it too far.

Only watching this to finish it, no other reason.
Jul 24, 2009 6:09 AM

Apr 2008
o_o quite interesting somewhat

Aug 3, 2009 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
and thus the battle begins! i'm suprised that atlas doesn't have a lot more fire power, but what was up with those badmintin birdie type planes? drones that just keep attacking, very good, but very scary, at least K.D. survived
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 26, 2009 5:18 AM

Mar 2009
very good episode, even better than episode 5 or 6.
thankfully it's not lame like ep 11 haha... but that's just my personal opinion.
from 18 on it's even better. thankfully, since it was like meh.
Sep 19, 2009 10:32 PM

May 2008
lol this show has no common sense but it was nice to see a dogfight

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 14, 2009 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
Wow they really over did it. I didn't like what i saw in this episode. Jumping from planes traveling in amazing speeds in to rockets and staff. Give me a break.
I understand that anime have no sense of reality and i could except all this if they had showed any clues that they were able to be so superhuman before, but it seemed like it came from nowhere. They had some abilities but not to this degree. That was over the top.
Oct 23, 2011 3:17 AM

Oct 2009
...How to run on top of a plane travelling at speed? Newton's law are bypassed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
Loved this episode, that aerial combat!
Jun 20, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
LOL that aerial fight.
Well good thing K.D. didn't make his appearance then die in a single episode.
Dec 9, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2012
Quite action packed episode I must say, quite enjoyed it so let's see what's next!
Jul 4, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
I call BS on running on a flying plane then attacking missiles with her boomerang...but then they bust out the jet packs so all's well. I have a soft spot for jet packs haha >:)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2016 10:44 AM

Feb 2015
Naruleach said:

she's actually 18, so i've read.

yeah, it just got that much more stupid.
--------
how on earth was she able to run on top of a plane with winds going at least 80mph? really? that's so ridiculous it's nothing short of PIS.

new (and nice) ED pics, speaking of the song is growing on me now. i hope this signifies a new OP next ep, the current one sucks 100%.
Nov 19, 2022 3:07 PM

Aug 2017
Well it was a good episode, it's been long since we've seen some action.
KD is the MVP of this episode, so now they're inside ATLAS let's see what they'll find.
Feb 25, 11:23 PM

Jul 2008
Kuniko defying the laws of physics jumping from plane to plane.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.