Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2007 9:07 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HOHOHOHOHO, this start to look like matrix :D
still pretty silly.
Jan 9, 2009 4:27 PM

Dec 2008
I thought exactly the same thing ;). I'm still watching though; let the fantasy to mecha genre change commence!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Aug 8, 2009 7:46 PM

Feb 2008
really thought its propulsion was permanently disabled for some reason.

and yes, total Matrix rip off atm.

is it just me or did they still fail to properly explain themselves? given the amount of time they had they could have done a much better job of it.

also, why didn't they use the fortress' armaments to attack the rally points(before the whole black eye thing I mean)? I'm sure they were strong enough to reveal the cores and destroy them afterward. unless the targeting systems were just that pathetic.
Mar 6, 2012 11:08 PM

Sep 2011
lol that music they play in the background always gets to me, soooo good! :D

Overall, pretty decent episode.
Apr 14, 2014 4:05 AM

Aug 2013
Pacifica is The One. Ohoho can't help it sorry XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 19, 2014 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
Yeaaaaah, it does feel like a Matrix moment. Ah well. We'll see where they take it.

Fairly good episode.
Jun 6, 2015 10:28 PM

Feb 2013
Yeahhh, so they're basically in the matrix, lol.
Sep 15, 2016 3:10 AM

Jul 2008
But....she doesn't know KUNG FU!
Sep 4, 2017 11:52 PM

Jun 2016
The Matrix is a Descartes rip off anyways. It's just a concept the matrix worked with, using it again is no problem.
And I suppose Senes is a horrendously obnoxious person, but she makes sense to act the way she does, I would be very mad if my one hope was Pacifica and she knew nothing. She is clearly the push to get Pacifica rolling onto the path of doing stuff herself.

Something I really don't like is that the Guardians are chosen ones, and the reason why our lead body guard brother and sister are so strong is that supposedly Browning made them that way. I'm really not a fan, that kind of writing leads me to believe that they are the chosen ones, therefore they cannot actually be in too much danger, god forbid having any permanent losses. And did Shannon and Zephiris really learn to trust each other off screen, I'm pretty sure they heavily implied if they didn't they wouldn't of won...

The concept of making the first military group to defy the gods, with Pacifica in the middle using her power to defy providence, now that is a radical idea. And, maybe I just haven't seen too many, but this is the first real Fantasy/Mecha I've seen, so that's interesting.
Mar 23, 2023 9:00 AM

Aug 2019
I knew that thing was a massive ship from the last time we saw one, and it looks like they might take it over to Leinwan? Excited to see how this goes! I'm loving the lore we're getting for the scrapped princess and this world in general
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

May 2009
Well, I guess I now know the gist of the plot of The Matrix, thanks to this thread.

Oh well, it's not like I had plans to watch that movie anyway.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
The concept of making the first military group to defy the gods, with Pacifica in the middle using her power to defy providence, now that is a radical idea. And, maybe I just haven't seen too many, but this is the first real Fantasy/Mecha I've seen, so that's interesting.
Y'know, I'm now wondering if this show might have been part of the inspiration for Cross Ange.

(Apologies if that spoiled Cross Ange for anyone, but it's different enough and my comment should be vague enough that it shouldn't be that much of a problem.)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 24 Discussion

hznu - Aug 30, 2008

44 by NoviSun »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 16 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 10, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 13 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 9, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 23, 2023 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.