Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2007 6:27 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the thing i like about this anime is the way magic is represented visually.
Still the events are kinda silly, but the characters reactions are somewhat good.
Aug 8, 2009 6:39 PM

Feb 2008
wonder if the conman is in it for power or money. and how they'll expose him.
Mar 6, 2012 9:35 PM

Sep 2011
Gimmie some action! >:D
Apr 14, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Raquel's summon or whatever magic she used was hilarious haha!

Hmm well all Mauser's followers have been doing was slaughter people. Makes me think maybe it's really Browning who's the real god but got defeated. Winners get to rewrite history right?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 17, 2014 7:19 PM

Nov 2011
So another false god enters the fray. They seem better than the Mauser people, but I can't say I'm rooting for them. The fact that they're using a fake Scrapped Princess exposes their phoniness.

This is getting interesting, though, with more elements to the plot. We have the Mauser followers, the Browning followers, the government from Pacifica's homeland, and the Peacemakers. That should be enough to work with for a decent plot.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 15, 2014 3:09 AM

Sep 2014
While I do believe that Lord Browning would be more like the True god over Mauser who's clearly evil. I think Pacifica is still the Scrapped Princess and that the woman claiming to be is a fake. Guess I'll find out in the next episode.
アニメが大好き!ツ
Jun 5, 2015 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, so now there's a fake scrapped princess? I don't even think she realizes shes a fake, seems this Browning priest is manipulating her, along with the rest of the residence.
Mar 14, 2016 7:20 PM

Dec 2015
Browning had 26 dragons you say? Pretty sure zefiris introduced herself as dragon number 26.
Seems like this browning god may be the real thing after all.
Sep 14, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
Did anyone else think those ruins looked like modern buildings?
Sep 3, 2017 9:06 PM

Jun 2016
Indeed, almost every episode has had some for of technology, those rocks being cut in the way they were, the machine bugs, the building that was once a ship, the elements are all there. I don't have much to say on them yet, but they all seem to be building and foreshadowing up to some revelation later.
The most interesting thing this episode brought however, was the fact that Berkens was an Inquisitor. It was obvious, but not we have some real proof that Chris and his boss are doing some really heretical stuff and I can't imagine it's very accepted.
More and more themes of blind followings, these poor lads being tricked to believe what Reynard says because he's telling them what they want to hear, and the Soldier Chris was talking to with his line "In the end I'm just a soldier, I obey the orders of Peters-Stahl". We also got this previously when Chris got a Mauser priest to doubt, and when asking his assistant whether or not God and his hands can die, she proceeded to say the circular logic of "yes, god lives forever because he is god, and he is god because he lives forever".

Onto the nitpicks. Are you telling me Berkens doesn't have any info other than: girl, blue eyes, blonde hair, and even though that's all he has he doesn't even suspect Pacifica in the slighest, nor even ask for her name? The soldiers in episode 2 or so, with the check point, they had a sketch and knew that she was traveling with two people with black hair. Why does Berkens know less? Can magic not take a picture of someone somehow, and if not could we not have a good sketch drawn of her, or at least a sketch to let everyone get some idea of her looks? It just feels ridiculous, the information of who she travels with should at least be evident to those searching for her. Blonde blue eyes with a man and woman with black hair is a lot more useful than what he got.
Also why could a Mauser follower not burn the symbol? Would that send them to hell or something? I don't think that was a fool proof way to accomplish that.

I'm expecting Berkens to be put in danger next episode causing the gang to fight back, but they did travel with him, why would you trust them to actually not interfere if that's the case. Keep them tied up dog. But that's all speculation.
I'm also pretty sure fake Scrapped Princess thinks she is the real one, due to Reynard's influence of course.
Mar 17, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
WolfWood37 said:
Did anyone else think those ruins looked like modern buildings?
I did.

Another evidence that this is a post-apocalyptic world.
Mar 22, 2023 9:17 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly enjoyed this episode way more than the last one. I think I just really don't like the goddess/spirit lore or whatever they are. I much prefer episodes like this one!

But these guys are totally up to something right? I mean the place with like the sort of concrete building kinda reminds me of a missile silo or something. And that metal thing at the end totally looked like a missile lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 12 Discussion

Nande - Dec 21, 2007

10 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 24 Discussion

hznu - Aug 30, 2008

44 by NoviSun »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 16 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 10, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.