Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 4, 2015 3:49 AM

Jul 2014
devinder said:
First half of the series was really fun to watch and then the humour became less consistent. Too many of the characters became boring and their screen time felt unnecessary. I don't think I'll watch the second season considering my favourite part of the series was the introductions for the girls.

Yeah, pretty much.

I loved the show when I started watching it, but after the first few episodes, after they finished introducing all the girls, it got boring because they were just reusing the same jokes for every character over and over again, and the episodes were mostly the same thing over again as well with little to no variety, giving little incentive to continue watching.
Jun 5, 2015 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
Unique, funny series.

This episode was a good way to end it, the guilt complex was great.
Mirai, zura~!
May 16, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
I agree, first half was great but then the humor became inconsistent, i'm sure the next season will be better !

I give the show 7/10
Apr 4, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2016
Besides the first 4 episodes and the 2nd half of the 11th episode (and the guilt complex was a bit funny). The rest is just uninteresting, unfunny and is just.. a waste of time.

Why the hell didn't they continue after the accident from last episode?

I hope the sequels are better. 5/10
Apr 24, 2017 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
"It's so clearly see-through, you assume they're fake nipples!" SZS says 'screw it' and straight-up goes for nips in the last episode. Even if the show's been on a 7/8 borderline for me most of the time that alone is worthy of pushing toward the latter.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 9, 2017 12:38 PM

May 2016
Was bummed out that it didn't continue the depressing storyline where he got ran over but I'm glad he's still alive.

That guilt complex was so funny xD The chain of apologies only grew longer and so did my laughs. Sumi Masen looks great in a swimsuit~ Matoi sleeping with dead Nozomu lol

The Mean-Eyes girl made me a little mad for whacking them but Nozomu had it coming for falling for not believing the obvious so much (those fake nipples waooo~). People thinking that everything is not that simple anymore is funny.

I shall get to season 2 soon~

Jul 17, 2017 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
WHAT THE FUCK THAT SCENE WITH THE DOG. FUCKING HELL, MAAAN!

Fuck! I'm going to miss this show so much. This show pretty much made me adore HiroC MOOOORE because it really shows his versatility, from Trafalgar Law to Levi to Otonashi to Yato to Itoshiki-sensei. Goddamnit.

9/10 for me, definitely! Hahaha. Thanks for making my stomach hurt every episode. I'm in despair. Fuck you, creator! Hahaha. <3
TheDoggoneGirlJul 17, 2017 7:40 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 27, 2017 6:40 AM

Oct 2015
Nozomu killed me when he opened the coffin and said it was his fault for dying portraying the guilt complex theory. The incident with Mitama to portray the innocence complex made my day especially when she did that ding dong ditch with the old man, I will forever remember that scene (her eyes though are kinda scary).That was cruel to the dog, the way she stuck that stick on it but she got away with it any way( what can we say, she may no be the culprit).The series bored me at first but as it went on I grew love for it. 7/10.
lihle808Sep 27, 2017 6:46 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2017 6:01 AM

Nov 2012
Close 8/10,would have gave it that if it weren't for the 3 episodes I didn't like.

Episode 7 - The festival episode where the second half dragged when they where lifting things on the portable shrines.
Episode 8 - The balding kid episode.
Episode 9 - I don't even remember this one tbh.

The first 6 episode were the best imo.

overall 7.5/10.
Apr 11, 2018 7:29 AM

Sep 2017
The end of last episode was basically the end of sensei's life. Or you could say that sensei ended his life by the beginning of 1st episode. It is ambiguous. All the things we see are delusions.

Whatever. Ask Freud sensei to explain this shit. I am done. Finally. This shit series is done. Go get lost in zetsubou or whatever you like. This show shouldn't have had a season 2 either way.

It is all your fault. Your fault that I wasted 12 episodes of my time. Your fault that plot is so goddamn boring.

I hope I don't have to watch anything related to this series again.

Also, SHAFT sucks big time.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 9, 2019 2:34 PM

Nov 2017
Soo did episode 11 not happen or what? I don’t get it xD

Mar 16, 2019 2:10 PM

Apr 2016
So they decided to completely disregard what happened in episode 11. A chance for compensation was created, but thrown right away. This general idea not only applies to the tension and plot build-up that was created when Itoshiki-sensei got ran over, but also sums up my overall view of the series thus far. Satire comedy in an episodic nature.. yeah I really don't know what to say. If it makes me laugh, fine, but I want to see some sort of follow-up from older scenes. I'm fairly lenient when it comes to comedy anime, but this mess is just the politically incorrect and overly satire version of Daily Lives of Highschool Boys -- scenes of random comedy and overused jokes that tire a person out easily.

This last episode was a make or break for me; it was undoubtedly a break. We saw nothing of the dramatic ending from the previous episode (which I thought was the best development ever) nor was the episode even funny. Given, this series had it's moments, but it's just not for me. Now despite all that I've said, I'm the type of person to stick to a series. As such, I'm just hoping to see unique comedic elements that have the potential to make a person laugh rather than some referenced bullshit that takes a good bit of thinking to even grasp an idea of.

6/10
Jun 22, 2019 9:57 PM

Jul 2016
I didn't care enough to pay attention to this episode. This series felt like a watered down version of Bakemonogatari, except it had a couple of interesting episodes to offer. The fanservice was still here, and it was annoying and distracting. The jokes weren't funny except for that student with receding hair. Most of the episodes did not generate any reaction out of me. As for the Sensei dying and then coming back? Really? The art and music were good, but the humor was lackluster.

Average.
Jul 17, 2019 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
This anime series has the best hentai fan fiction comics the talented perverts on the internet have to offer that made me laugh so hard everytime i try to nut especially when the black girl starts taking the action with Sensei.
Nov 3, 2019 7:29 PM
Apr 2016
The ending was so ridiculous that it was too ridiculous for it to be deliberately ridiculous. The "Fitting the stereotype too perfectly makes people skeptical" is very true, believe me I've tested that like a year ago. Good anime overall, was fun to watch, it was especially unique.
Apr 24, 2020 11:52 AM
Sep 2017
finally done.

really liked the humor,also the voice actor is the same as araragi from monogatari so that was awesome

my favorite girl is Kouji kumeta

also liked the ending song of this season

just learned now that Kakushigoto and this anime was written by same author.
well there were many similarities anyway lol
Jun 11, 2020 9:09 AM

Oct 2019
This was a good season overall..a lot of the references went over my head but the shows was enjoyable in all..

The students and the despair sensei really had some hilarious moments..

2nd Season her I come..

7/10

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Oct 8, 2020 7:48 PM

Aug 2019
Oh god those anime posters near the end, Ed/Roy yaoi and Shinji/Kaworu yaoi lmao
Dec 22, 2020 12:02 PM

Jun 2020
i looooved this episode, it really puts into perspective how annoying guilt complex can be, especially using it to make a troped-out character -__-''
Jul 7, 2021 12:12 AM

Apr 2020
I enjoyed the show for the most part and it made me laugh hard many times. Episode 1, 2 and 4 are probably the funniest episodes for me.

Rated it an 8/10
-Kazuma_Jul 7, 2021 12:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2021 11:19 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty fun and twisted social commentary anime that focuses on a few of Japan's (really, the whole world tbh) outcasts, problems and tropes, employs a lot of dark humor, has that classic Shaft style. Animation isn't that great though and I do agree with the latter half being the weaker half. 8/10.
Nov 13, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2019
The guilt and innocence complexes were phenomenal!!! And so ends the first season of this incredible masterpiece. I am so glad I started this anime, and I want to see all the rest of the series!
Jan 6, 2022 12:40 PM
Dec 2021
this is a good anime! Greninja.
Feb 18, 3:53 PM

Feb 2020
I must admit, it's a bit disappointing that there wasn't any follow up on what happened at the end of the previous episode. I was looking forward to that.

Anyway, other than that, that was a really fun but also weirdly relatable and interesting episode to end this season ! Very befitting this show as a whole.
Overall I found the quality to be a little bit inconsistent, I enjoyed most episodes but some of them were a bit boring to me, but I really liked it as a whole ! Not only fun with memorable characters but also genuinely interesting as a deconstruction of the world we live in. On top of that, Shaft never fails to deliver !
It took me some time to truly appreciate this show but that was a very good watch, I give it a 7/10. I'm curious to see what's next !
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How much could I enjoy this series if I didn't know so much about Japanese pop culture?

paraparado - Dec 11, 2023

6 by Nvaier »»
Apr 11, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Oct 31, 2007

67 by notsobersry »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:28 AM

» The sound effects in this anime

dicloflom - Dec 9, 2023

4 by dicloflom »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:54 AM

» Why does Zetsubou-Sensei keep on trying to kill himself?

removed-user - Dec 8, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:16 AM

» What happen at the end of episode 11???

RjtheGreat14 - Oct 1, 2023

6 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Oct 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.