Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2009 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the flower card is really pretty.
Jul 18, 2011 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
Ewww no comments T.T
Yeah she was :)
The Li-Yukito thing still bothers me....
Aug 11, 2012 9:30 AM

May 2010
Sakura and Tomoyo are second cousins!
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 21, 2012 6:27 PM

Mar 2012
I liked that even though it was a plot driven episode they still collected a card, though I don't know how much Sakura is going to be able to use FLOWER. I agree with the Li love plot, it's a little weird, I wonder if it will turn out to be more interesting than strange. I guess we'll see!
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Sep 30, 2012 12:13 AM

Oct 2009
Memnarch1113 said:
I agree with the Li love plot, it's a little weird, I wonder if it will turn out to be more interesting than strange. I guess we'll see!

It would be more agreeable for me if in this love triangle Li would be fond of Sakura, not Yukito. But, been unusal, it can be interesting as well, so will see where will it go; I incline to consider all this as a sense of humour though
Mar 3, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2008
Hopefully it doesn't go any further than some comedy. But Tomoyo and Sakura are family, how interesting.
Jul 10, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2009
I would enjoy this much more if it were a 26 episode slice of life series instead of a 70 episode "collect a stupid card, no matter what" series.
Jul 10, 2013 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
I would enjoy this much more if it were 70 episodes longer and had more stupid cards that must be collected, no matter what
Sep 2, 2013 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
Newser said:
I would enjoy this much more if it were 70 episodes longer and had more stupid cards that must be collected, no matter what

^
Oct 7, 2013 6:26 PM

Apr 2008
I wish there were more fights between Sakura and the cards :/ Some of them see so easy to get. I didn't really like this episode. All the kids were freaking out over petals, "drowning" "buried" ._. Petals arn't going to do you any harm.

I don't like Tomoyos mother. She acted like a 16 year old.
Oct 8, 2013 2:16 AM

Oct 2009
Politoed said:
All the kids were freaking out over petals, "drowning" "buried" ._. Petals arn't going to do you any harm.

Well jeez, wouldn't you be freaked out in this kind of situation? What if petals would continue falling and cover them all the way with their heads? They'd have problems breathing and suffocate to death in worth case
SerhiykoOct 8, 2013 4:01 AM
Nov 22, 2013 8:39 PM
Oct 2011
Politoed said:
I wish there were more fights between Sakura and the cards :/ Some of them see so easy to get. I didn't really like this episode. All the kids were freaking out over petals, "drowning" "buried" ._. Petals arn't going to do you any harm.

I don't like Tomoyos mother. She acted like a 16 year old.

That is because Tomoyo's mom and a crush on Sakura's mom
Mar 9, 2014 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
danz said:
I would enjoy this much more if it were a 26 episode slice of life series instead of a 70 episode "collect a stupid card, no matter what" series.

I definitely would not. The balance of slice of life format with the action-adventure of collecting the cards is what makes CCS so appealing to me. I think if it were just one or the other it would get boring fast. Plus, c'mon, the cards are pretty freaking cool. Well maybe not The Flower...
Mar 9, 2014 10:57 PM

Feb 2014
syaoran's crush on yukito is adorable as fuck imo

also it seems apparent that yukito's reaction to these kids liking him is mostly "i-i don't know how to respond to this so i'm just going to brush it off!!" but somehow it comes off as charming or w/e. 4th graders with crushes on high schoolers are REALLY easily impressed, ftr
Apr 24, 2014 2:01 PM
Nov 2013
Ah, Li-kun's gay feelings for Yukito is priceless.
Nov 2, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2007
I'm allergic to pollen and fragrance so all those petals falling would be the death of me :x
Jan 22, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2008
I would prefer if more episodes had at least a bit of character or plot development, like this one. So far half of the episodes were "pointless" with nothing going on aside from the Clow Card battle. The whole anime is kinda a mahou shoujo Pokemon show.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 24, 2015 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
Nice to learn more the families of the main characters. Flower is a really nice card!

I couldn't help but notice that that was the longest 100 metres ever, though it was more exciting that way.
Sakura's father is so fast, even in a suit, it's clear where she got her athletic ability from.
Mirai, zura~!
Nov 14, 2015 8:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So Sakura goes into battle with no custom dress. First time thus far in the show.

Flower card was as gentle as the Tree card, except for the petals, they could have suffocated someone.

I don't mind these type of episodes. More side characters is always a plus.

Aug 22, 2016 11:39 AM
Mar 2015
Kero: "It's a young girl with curly hair, right?"
Sakura: "Yeah."
Kero: "Oh, that's FLOWER. She just gets excited over celebrations and stuff."

D'aww. Poor baby. x3
Jan 27, 2017 5:32 PM

Dec 2014
I'm really liking this so far but there's some weird things that they let under the radar like it doesn't matter. Stuff like Rika and her teacher liking each other and blush when around one another. Or how Sakura and Li like the same teenage boy, and if you ask me it seems like he has the hots for Sakura but it's being kept low key. Or how Sakuras' father got with her mom when he first became a teacher when she was one of his students at 16 years old and went to go live with him. Weird shit. But hey, why care about any of that when you have Sakura being adorable right?
Feb 5, 2017 2:26 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was a nice break from the pace of things, more Shoujo slice of life than Clow Card capturing.
I honestly think people need to calm down about all the crush and romance stuff in this show. They're harmless elementary school crushes on mentors and authority figures viewed through entirely platonic lenses of 4th graders.
Henshin!
Apr 16, 2017 4:55 AM
Apr 2017
I thought the episode was cute and I enjoy learning about Sakura family.
Jun 20, 2017 2:43 AM

Aug 2007
Uh yeah... The whole "dad marrying a 16 year old student when he was a teacher" was strange???

Sep 23, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2016
Loved the school athletic festivals when I was in primary school, long jump was my best sport.

Lol at that moment when Yukito said good luck to the 2 of them.

No don't want to have lunch with you Sakura, Yukito says lunch is ready and then Syaoran be like, let me join in.

Just when you thoughts tings couldn't get ever more interesting, we now have Tomoyo's mother appear and learn about her past with Sakura's mom & dad.

The Flower card wanted a bit too much fun.

That was quite the happy sad ending.
Nov 16, 2017 11:38 AM

Nov 2011
So Sakura and Tomoyo are distant relatives, what a beautiful one! Really nice the flower cards, I like as much as the wood paper. Funny and interesting this episode, the next episode seems to be just as interesting.
Apr 4, 2018 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
This episode is more of a romantic episode. We see that Tomoyo's mom loved Sakura's mom and Nadeshiko ended up with Sakura's dad who looks a lot like Yukito.
Also, Tomoyo and Sakura are related.

I never knew that the legal age for women to marry was 16 in Japan. Also there is sensei love in this episode like last episode. Guess Japanese like Teacher-Student romantic relationships a lot. A lot of yuri love here too, with Tomoyo's mom and Sakura's mom.(She won't let Sakura's mom marry. That's a pretty good indicator.)

Don't forget the yaoi love from Yukito and Syaoran. Also Sakura messing up her .Yukito's eating style was hilarious. Poor Syaoran. He couldn't visit the hot FLOWER girl. But she was indeed graceful.

The last scene with Sakura and Tomoyo looked a lot like a farewell between 2 lovers(I doubt even Sailor Moon had this much yuri love). With the hand holding, this face and this pose. And even the boys know about it. But, is it just me or do both Sakura and Tomoyo look a lot like Tomoyo's mom and Sakura's mom respectively?

The new RELEASE sequence was really good.Definitely gonna watch the next episode.
JeremiahOrangeApr 4, 2018 5:36 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 21, 2018 12:36 AM

May 2016
Here's the obligatory school anime sports meet~ It's funny that both Li and Sakura reacted to Yukito's encouragement. Yukito ended up flustering the two even more and ate most of the food.

Tomoyo's mother finally appears and reveals the romantic student-teacher Sakura's dad had with her cousin Nadeshiko who's also her mom. It's a pretty unusual situation but I suppose it's because of the cultural relativity over there at the time since it's innocent enough anyway.

Flower just wants to have fun but she almost ended up smothering everyone with pretty flower petals. At least she wasn't hostile and even helped the two reconcile with each other.

Tomoyo and Sakura are actually cousins but I can definitely feel the love between them. Tomoyo resembling Nadeshiko's long hair and Sakura with Sonomi's short hair was a nice parallel.

Jan 13, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2014
wow character development... nice episode
Apr 21, 2019 2:15 PM
Aug 2018
Now we have an agegap marriage between a 16 year old student and her teacher. And the school allowed that? In japan? Are they really that openminded?

I guess I don't really want to know how old Sakuras father was at that point....

And looks like Shaoran is gay. This gets better by each episode.

But I wonder why the people are so unphased when they witness a supernatural event right before their eyes. I guess there could be a spaceship landing next to them and they wouldn't even bat an eye.
tr25a3Apr 21, 2019 2:28 PM
Aug 23, 2019 8:51 AM
Apr 2018
Seriously is everyone in this show aside from Sakura gay and or a pedophile?
Apr 10, 2020 3:52 AM

Aug 2017
This was a fun episode to watch and there was a lot to digest as well. First of all, the Flower Card was beautiful! And I loved how the "sakura" started to fall everywhere around the Sports Festival grounds.

Sakura likes sports and she is quite good at it too. It was adorable to see how supportive Tomoyo is of her best friend ánd cousin! ;) I loved how this episode balanced the fun scenes with the emotional and serious ones. We learned some more about Sakura's mother and her parents in general. Li really seems to be falling head over heels with Yukito, I like it! Well, Sakura can add another card to her collection and Kero is still gaming like crazy. I am looking forward to the next episode!
May 21, 2020 7:09 PM

May 2019
Well, apparently Shaoran definitely belongs to the list of gay boys in anime... :P

On the other hand we discovered that Tomoyo is actually related to Sakura, and since she is clearly in love with Sakura, it means that there is also incest in this anime... O____O

Jun 9, 2020 10:23 PM
Jun 2020
The affection between Sakura and Tomoyo is really cute and endearing. I don't ship them at all like some people have mentioned. Eh i could do without the Li/ Yukito thing, just my opinion. Like someone else mentioned it would be more fun if it was Li being jealous of Sakura liking Yukito. but oh well, the show is fun nonetheless.
Jun 26, 2020 1:15 PM
Jun 2020
I actually liked how Li had a crush on Yukito. It was great to show off a bisexual character in a kid’s show. It was very subtle but there, and I’m sad that some versions cut out his parts with Yukito.

What really bothered me was how Sakura’s mom literally married the dad at 16 while he was 25,, and yet they played the father as some great guy we should like when in reality it’s just...pedophilia??? I understood why Tomoyo’s mom didn’t like him and I hated how the anime tried to portray him as some great guy. As of right now, he’s just weird. I am glad tho that he’s good to Sakura.
Mar 3, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2016
I totally forgot Sakura and Tomoyo were distant relatives. As for their mothers, I always thought Sonomi was in love with Nadeshiko and though the fact of them being cousins flew over my head at the time, the idea still seems rather plausible. I mean, after all it's more than obvious that Tomoyo romantically loves Sakura despite knowing they are blood-related.

This said, it was a wonderful episode and man, the Flower Card is so pretty.
Apr 23, 2021 11:05 AM

Aug 2018
lol, so many petals, that running turned into swimming.. ;D
I liked that this card was more playful and not evil, just oblivious, that's all.. ;P
May 26, 2021 7:37 PM

Jun 2014
Seeing Li blushing at the sight of Yukito is quite entertaining, lol.

Looks like Sakura's mom was rather young when she married her dad. While the legal age to get married in Japan is 16, you need permission from your parents if you're under 20. Marriages of that age are no longer as common, of course.

Jun 28, 2021 1:52 PM

Jan 2021
Why did I forget that Sakura and Tomoyo are cousins?! I almost shipped them O_O
Nov 12, 2021 4:12 AM

Sep 2018
lol

Li is really in love with Yukito!!

He blushes everytime that guy is around XD

Tomoyo's mother Sonomi is so beautiful! I love her haircut!
She is unfair by accusing Sakura's father for the death of his wife though! >.>
Im sure Sonomi loves her cousin and she's very sad to lose her but that behaviour is not helping the situation :<

Everytime Sakura chan is releasing her key wand, she gives me the chills! So cool ^-^
Kerochan is such a gamer ! xD

This episode's clow card was so beautiful!!!!!!! I LOOOVED IT !!!!!!!
She was nice actually and did nothing wrong LOL It just danced happily and her flower petals were falling around the school! I adored this card :D

The last scene when Sakura released the flower card to calm down Sonomi and make her feel better! Awwwwwwww I cant..!!!!!!!!! xD

I loved this episode one of my favorites till now :)
May 6, 2023 7:57 PM
Jul 2017
sakura and her bff are second cousins since theyr moms are cousins

is the bff romantically attracted to sakura?
Aug 1, 2023 3:34 AM
Jun 2014
I am quite concerned about the relationship between Sakura's mother and her father, apparently her dad was 28 when he married Sakura's mom who was 16? Though it seems as if the narrative is saying that this was a bad thing, it is still a bit odd to me that such a thing would be in a story aimed at this demographic in the first place.
Sep 4, 2023 10:47 PM

May 2013
ain't no way nobody saw that shit bruh fuck you mean "nobody's looking"
Mar 31, 2:40 PM
Dec 2023
UM!?!?!?! WHAT??????? NOT THE TEACHER AND THE 16 YEAR OLD I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS RIGHT NOW OMG

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 13 Discussion

enkil - Jul 7, 2009

28 by Monica_rina »»
Mar 31, 9:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.