Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2009 6:36 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, that was a nice happy ending.

It was also a nice encouragement to all old farts that they might get the sweet young thing in the end... LOL
Jun 26, 2009 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
It was touching that Olga finally told everyone Nicoletta is her daughter.

Overall I like this anime very much, especially the background scenes of Rome are so beautiful. I wish they could make more episodes.
Jun 27, 2009 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
Claudio without glasses was so so.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 30, 2009 4:25 PM

Sep 2008
I really enjoyed this anime. Good ending. I would have liked to see Claudio and Nicoletta take it up to the next level though, but I guess that's something else... I was glad Olga finally told everyone that Nicoletta was her daughter. I knew that was coming. :D
mbkimchiJun 30, 2009 4:31 PM
Jul 1, 2009 2:55 PM

Sep 2008
It was a nice ending indeed, I'm happy that Olga did the right thing, but I don't think that time will ever catch up to her. She's lucky to have such a forgiving daughter.

It seems that everything has been resolved, so it's good though.
That teddy bear in the credits surprised out though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 8:40 PM
Apr 2008
Cute and generally well fitting ending, although it was a bit predictable. The part with Olga and the confession was probably the peak of the episode and it's great to see that she actually does confess.

Overall, this was a very relaxing and enjoyable series. 8/10
Jul 2, 2009 9:56 PM

Mar 2008
a nice series - light and i did like the slow pace but i think it lost a bit of the initial plot it had built. but interesting to watch nicoletta and claudio grow as characters.
Jul 3, 2009 2:36 AM

May 2008
It was a great anime, it's sad shows like this are left unnoticed.

I wonder if the last scene of the ep it's a hint of a 2nd season, because It was written there "Until next time". Although I doubt it since this kind of show doesn't seem to be very popular.
StriderMSJul 3, 2009 2:40 AM
Jul 3, 2009 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
9/10 I'm loving this anime <3 Everything was so slice of life and awesome. Too underrated ;__;
Jul 3, 2009 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
Great ending for this fabulous anime. I love it's slow-paced story and the light theme. The ending also good, Olga finally tells that Nicoletta is her daughter and Claudio finally decides to forget the past and having a new relationship with Nicoletta.

It's just sad, an anime this good were unnoticed. But i still haven't satified. NEED SEASON 2 !!
Jul 3, 2009 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
I was pleased with the ending. It was a nice anime.
Jul 3, 2009 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
This was a really great ending. I like how they bookended it with Nicoletta in a real way, not forsaking the characters to have some cheesy kiss at the end. Even having Olga finally spilling the beans. Very good.

7/10 for right now, but it kind of feels like an 8.
Jul 3, 2009 3:11 PM

Feb 2008
short and sweet. not much else.
Jul 3, 2009 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
Nice, touching episode. Surprisingly entertaining anime.

Overall, one of the best shows this summer, and I really don't know exactly why. I was genuinely interested in the story and what happens next. And in this kind of show, it really should be considered as an achievement.
Jul 6, 2009 6:24 AM

May 2008
argh! I know given the style of this anime..this ending is perfect..

bUt i really wish there is more!!
Jul 8, 2009 5:47 AM

Mar 2008
Really good ending to a great anime. Beautiful art, relaxing atmosphere, good story, interesting characters.

I really don't have a hard time picking a score for this one. 8/10 with tendencies towards 9.

It's too bad that this didn't get much attention, because it was a real little jewel apart from the usual generic stuff.
Jul 8, 2009 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
Mmm, this was a pretty great show. I especially loved the art, which reminded me of Gankutsuou. And it's indeed sad that animes such as this one are left unnoticed. A strong 7 leaning on an 8 - I'll give it an 8 thanks to its original setting.
Jul 8, 2009 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
Beautiful in all sense :]
9/10
Jul 9, 2009 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
I loved it!! Olga finnaly told everyone nicoletta was her daughter, and nicolleta and claudio... well that was what made me love it the most. ^^
Jul 11, 2009 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
They handled the ending wonderfully. Of course, like everyone else is saying, Olga's confession was the highlight of the episode. I can't dislike Olga even for the things she did to Nicoletta, and I'm happy Olga decided to the thing she had to do. The end was cute. ;P Nicoletta is such a bold girl. xD
Jul 30, 2009 5:07 AM

Jan 2008
Very nice ending and I would not mind to see sequel. Pace was quite similar to Aria or Kino no Tabi which are both amazing series.

It is heavily underrated at MAL!
Jul 31, 2009 12:11 PM

Mar 2008
Overall I really liked this series. The characters were great. I didn't hate any of them. Well maybe I just didn't like Gabriella. Claudio's ex.
I'm glad that Olga told everyone that Nicoletta is her daughter. Nicoletta deserved that. And I'm glad that Claudio and Nicoletta will be together.
Simply loved it...it was really relaxing. I'll give it 8/10. It's a high 8 XD
Aug 6, 2009 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
Completely agree with everyone, this is kinda sad to see R.P this much underrated and unpopular on MAL. This series seriously deserves at least a 7-8, I'll try to choke people to death until they start watcing this =) I feel refreshed :)
Sep 2, 2009 10:15 PM
May 2008
relaxing and enigmatic anime
Oct 3, 2009 7:14 AM
Dec 2008
What a beautiful ending to a wonderful series. Claudio and Nicoletta getting together and Olga confessing and publicly acknowledging her daughter. I really hope that the studio decides to continue this story. 8/10
Oct 20, 2009 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
I think this could have ended with a bit more finesse, but overall I am satisfied.

It was quite moving when Olga finally told everyone Nicoletta was her daughter. And it seems that Claudio has finally decided to move on with his love life.
Oct 28, 2009 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
I agree with everyone that this was a great anime. I would give it a 8/10. The artwork was amazing and I enjoyed the slow pace and character development. The fact that Lorenzo would have married Olga even if he knew she had a daughter, although nice is very disheartening to me since Olga and Nicoletta lost so many years of time together because Olga was afraid to tell him. Even though i didn't really like the whole secret daughter twist I think the series handled it well. Instead of making it a big deal throughout every episode of the series they really only talked about it in the first few and last episode and focused more on Nicoletta and her relationship with the staff members at the restaurant. Lets hope for a second season!
Nov 22, 2009 3:51 AM

Nov 2007
underrated. this one gets an 8/10 for me. It's short, simple, calming and beautiful all around. Definitely a good watch.
Jan 22, 2010 12:04 PM

Sep 2009
Nice ending :)
Twas amusing when Nicolette poured the pasta on Claudio's head and Gigi carries on eating like its nothing :P
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Feb 19, 2010 4:52 PM

Sep 2009
I want more! lol yes I was pleased with the ending.
Nicoletta came to Rome to expose her mother so having her willingly confess was fulfilling.
I am happy that Claudio was able to let go and live on.
I think his and Nicoletta's personalities are a nice balance.
*sigh* I loved this show. so short and sweet.
Feb 20, 2010 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
the ending seemed quite fast regarding the slow pace of the story, but i loved it :)

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Apr 12, 2010 8:57 PM

Jun 2009
I remember how Ristorante Paradiso used to have an average rating in the 6s last year. That scared me away from watching until recently. I just finished watching NieA Under 7 last weekend and I was craving for another slice of life series so I gave this anime a whirl.

And I'm glad I did. Ristorante Paradiso got me the 1st episode and I didn't stop ever since. Very mature and interesting. And I daresay that the music is fantastic as well. Normally I'd skip the opening and ending of an anime but I have made an exception to two series: Mushishi and this.
May 8, 2010 2:56 PM

May 2008
Well, I have to say I loved this and every episode of Ristorante Paradiso and now I feel a bit sad, because it's over... Despite showing a little bit too perfect Roma, I can hardly say anything bad about the whole series. All the main male cast was gorgeous, Nicoletta and Olga were cute and I also loved all of the OST that made this series so impressive. It's truly sad and disappointing seeing this series so underrated so I think now I'll go with a 9/10. And I don't overrate :D
Fascinating~~
Nov 26, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2009
That is the most romantic indirect way of accepting someone.
Aug 16, 2011 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
Absolutely beautiful. Probably one of my favorite romances ever regardless of how understated the actual romance ended up being.
Aug 21, 2011 8:15 PM
Jun 2010
I loved everything about this show except for the romance between Nicoletta and Claudio, and I am disappointed the series ended by hinting that something more than friendship was growing between them. It's hard to see Nicoletta's interest as any more than a girly crush (perfectly understandable considering the grace and maturity of the men around her), and I was hoping throughout the series that something would finally shatter her dream world and show her just how impossible any romance would be. Also, considering Claudio's character, I can't imagine him feeling any more for Nicoletta than Nicoletta does for Franci. My only complaint of an otherwise enjoyable show.
Mar 30, 2012 7:03 PM

Aug 2008
Somehow, it felt uneasy that the Owner is not in the picture at the end...

Very nice series!
Mar 4, 2013 4:40 PM
Aug 2011
I laughed when Nicoletta was peeking at Claudio from behind the wall and Gigi is there behind her.
Then he has moments where he's emotionless and it's funny. He's definitely my favorite.

Olga finally confesses and at least she recognizes that she was a shit parent.
Even so, I'll never feel an ounce of sympathy towards her.

This series did grow on me. These types of shows are few and far between these days.

Sad day when harems and pedo bait get more sequels than they deserve while stuff like this goes untouched for the rest of its days.
Dec 9, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
An overall realistic although sometimes, I felt the show was a bit too monotone. I wasn't too fond of the main girl either but I like most of the scenes relating to her character interactions.

The music is smoothing to ears and offers a solemn pace. I wasn't too fond of the artwork but overall, a pleasant show imo. 7/10. Shame it's only 11 episodes...

Oop and that is quite a confession this episode; not the love type but a revelation! A happy ending though so nice job there. :3
Feb 26, 2014 5:07 AM

Feb 2009
Warm and relaxing. They wrapped it up well too. 7/10

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 15, 2014 3:48 AM

Apr 2013
Good ending, mediocre show overall.
May 15, 2014 6:07 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely ending! I'm actually quite amazed that Olga did confess that Nicoletta was her daughter! And the facts with Claudio's ring got resolved together with Nicoletta being together now was pretty a nice final touch!

All in all a pretty lovely series in general with a very realistic yet suiting and relaxing atmosphere! 7/10
Jun 24, 2015 7:23 PM

Dec 2012
Splendid! Magnifico! Bravo! One of the problems a SOL of this nature faces is how to wrap things up with a sense of closure while remaining true to the everyday happenings of the characters. Ristorante Paradiso did an excellent job at providing a satisfying conclusion and certainly makes me wish there was more. This series had an extremely rich history behind its characters and could have benefited vastly from another 11 episodes.

I have to admit, I really had no idea what to expect when I first stumbled across this. A bunch of bishounen-esque old timers running a restaurant. There was suspicion towards the absurdity of it, but the opening immediately sold me on giving it a chance. This turned out to be nothing short of pleasant and soothing, each episode mesmerizing me with its Italian charm and an easy going atmosphere on par with Aria. Being Italian myself, I really did feel connected to this one and a slice of life in Rome was a perfect change of pace.

Ristorante Paradiso was filled with warm, sweet moments and really made me care about each of the hot bespectacled stud gentlemen I might go gay for this. I especially liked this final episode where Olga finally realized that was she Nicoletta's mother and wanted to finally make things right with her. This and the episode with Olga and Lorenzo celebrating their marriage are my favorites. The fact that I enjoyed episodes starring such an irresponsible mother goes to show how well they did at portraying these characters as human beings rather than caricatures.

It was also awesome to see Nicoletta and Claudio move forward towards that next step in their relationship. It was one that was built up well over the past 11 episodes. My favorite part of this finale was when Nicoletta said she didn't want to be rejected and Claudio told her that she wouldn't need to worry about that.

8/10. Strange, I suddenly have the urge to go buy glasses...
Aug 2, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2014
Sweet and relaxing. Sometimes I felt that the characters didn't really act like Italians and more like Japanese (like in episode 7 during Lucanio's birthday party, as somebody pointed out – most Italian kids would probably run around screaming instead of standing politely around the table), but other than that it captured the ''Italian'' atmosphere surprisingly well

Also, Claudio > the moest KyoAni moe blob

7/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 17, 2016 3:47 PM
Jun 2014
That was a pleasant anime to be sure. The romance was a little bit, well.. I was just hoping she'd find someone her own age instead while working at the restaurant. 30+ years older is a bit too.. weird..
Jan 21, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
Olga's revelation about Nicolleta was really touching :) And the owner accepted them. So Claudio and Nicolleta ended up dating? Very nice ending

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 27, 2016 5:03 AM

May 2008
Great finale for such a nice show! This show is so relaxing and interesting to watch. The smooth conversation and interaction are so lovely done :) This is worth a 10/10 imo.
Jun 1, 2016 12:02 AM

Mar 2016
When Claudio told Nicoletta that she didn't have to worry about being rejected, I got excited, but Nicoletta didn't react, so I thought maybe he just meant with her mom and the owner.

Then, at the market, she told a man that Claudio was her boyfriend, but Claudio said she mispoke.

Nicoletta then said she wondered if the regulars would be able to tell that they're an item.

Everyone here says that they're dating, but then why would Claudio claim she mispoke for calling him her boyfriend??
Mar 17, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2016
I have rather mixed feelings about "Ristorante Paradiso".

On the one hand, the stories within are rather interesting, the characters are solid and the overall concept is nice.

On the other hand, there is a number of serious problems I had with the show. Some themes just did not sit right with me. Firstly, Nicoletta being left by her mother. It was a very selfish and unimaginable act that turned out to be even unnecessary. Secondly, the couple from ep. 6 with all the cheating. I personally do not understand such attitude.

The animation seemed lacking and all the CGI was really bad and out of place. The views of Rome were scarce and the city's portrayal left me unwilling to visit the place at all (based on this anime alone). The dull color scheme put me off for real. The character designs failed to do justice to its original counterparts. And I think the narration of the story in general was off, because Natsume Ono's works are usually a fascinating read.
Mar 21, 2017 3:01 PM

May 2010
I adore this little anime. Nicoletta was a wonderful main character and everyone else was great, too. The best thing, everyone felt realistic and the plot flowed very gently.

9/10, one of the best shojo/josei imo.
Kurini said:
Somehow, it felt uneasy that the Owner is not in the picture at the end...

Very nice series!

He's there tho? Why would they not include him. He's the tallest guy behind. Tho I guess given his clothing and the background, it's a bit hard to see him.
TragicRomanceMar 21, 2017 3:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 8 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 4, 2009

31 by Ten »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 4 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 7, 2009

34 by Ten »»
Yesterday, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Anomalous - Apr 8, 2009

70 by Ten »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 5 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 14, 2009

28 by Cazqui-09 »»
Sep 22, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Ristorante Paradiso Episode 6 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 20, 2009

21 by cornonacob »»
Sep 1, 2021 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.