Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 1, 2019 1:25 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, it seems that the girls are having trouble doing their own stuff.

The show could have ended with episode 12, this episode feels like an OVA. Also, I would have liked more character development and music playing but nevermind. Classic CGCDT, it was more enjoyable than Yuru Camp and Anima Yell!.

Lovable characters. I need to watch S2 later. 6/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 23, 2019 10:15 AM

May 2016
The first part had that vibe you get from emotional shows when something dark about to
happen and then Yui starts cheering up everyone with a really silly message, this couldn't get any better.

Poor Ritsu felt really bad for her that letter was the lyrics not a love letter.

Azunyan #2 is fine as well luckily, Azusa's worried face was absolutely adorable.

and for the My all time fav girl of K-On Mio, that Hya she made was the arrow that pierce
your heart and at that moment I wish I was that Bass... Mio's Thighs Oof....
that walk alone in the beach at winter felt really well for her.

For a show that I hated when I got into the anime community at first I'm reall
disappointed at myself, 3 years of delay... I feel bad... for that wrong decision.

overall this show was really adorable and cute best of the best solid 9.5/10
Dec 13, 2019 3:03 AM

Oct 2013
Great OVA and a very important step in Yamada's career
Jan 6, 2020 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
Mio earbuds plugged staring out the train window is a big mood. This episode was super chill and hypnotic and, I think, bizarrely, one of my favorites.

It was kind of weird visiting this 10 years after the hype, when moe was still cool -- or maybe even before moe was cool -- but I enjoyed it. I guess K-On is still respected by weebs who dig this kind of show because this sort of organic character chemistry is rarely replicated.
ZadionJan 6, 2020 12:32 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 24, 2020 8:48 PM

Feb 2019
Azu-nyan taking care of Azu-nyan #2 was really cute.

Mugi's taking a part-time job? I guess she's more interested in doing the job itself rather than getting some extra money. She was real cute when she was sad about mixing up some drinks though.

Yui's random message was funny!
May 14, 2020 8:58 PM

Aug 2019
now that was a quality anime.
14 episodes of pure SOL, calm, wholesome, moe anime to help spend the time and literally relax.
Story is cute and simple, there is literally NOTHING straining about the story. However that might sound bland, it works around a weird synergy of the SOL genre and i guess a moe genre. It keeps the basics of SOL elements but takes out the complicated aspects like love/romance, love triangles, life drama etc and the end result is this warm fluffy anime that only aims to make your day better.
Characters are all unique in their own way, and are all lovable as well! Everyone plays a specific part in this anime and the characters help engage people to the anime. Although the anime takes place over 1 year we sadly don't see really any character development at all :/
Art style is simple for the eyes and the music is well done, which is good cus this anime's premise is piratically music. Opening theme is decent, but the ending theme... absolutely love it. Don't really know why, but the energetic and colourful vibes along with the cool hard rift is such a good mix, definitely adding that one to the playlist.
all in all, very heartwarming anime that most definitely made my week :D
season 2 here i come
Code0018May 14, 2020 9:45 PM
May 16, 2020 6:28 AM
Sep 2019
This one was incredibly good, even more than the finale. It perfectly conveyed the feeling of those winter days, with the melancholy, the boredom and the cozyness. In a different way, I was captivated by every one of the micro stories of each girl, even if nothing much happened.
As usual, Yui is the star who brings everyone together... gotta love her!
And finally I can say that the ED theme really grew on me, I started not liking it particularly, but now I think it is really cool, both lyrics and animation!
Aug 30, 2020 1:28 AM

Jan 2020
Not sure why this is counted as the 13th episode of the show. I think it should belong in a separate entry.

By the way, I think Ritsu looks a lot better with her hair down.
Oct 6, 2020 8:26 PM

Jan 2019
Mugi crying hurt me in ways I didn't know could be hurt.

I'd give anything to hop on a train and just go to the middle of no where.
Oct 24, 2020 7:32 AM
Jun 2014
Great first season. I'm already dreading finishing season 2 because I will miss these characters.
Nov 23, 2020 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
found this extra episode kinda pointless.

it's seems they wanted fan-service story but failed in the process.

the series were good though.

7/10
Dec 13, 2020 4:31 PM
Apr 2018
Ohhh, very peaceful episode, though it seemed like a special tbh, even for a series as SoL as this one.

Everything looked pretty and relaxing. Mio going to the beach looked much cooler to me than what it might be, idk.

Uhm, I'd give this a 6/10. Enjoyable but at times Yui felt... strange.
Dec 26, 2020 3:16 AM

Apr 2020
Ritsu thinks the letter she got is a love letter, but it turns out that the letter is the lyrics made by Mio, lmao
Dec 31, 2020 5:54 PM

Jan 2020
ah. an episode that i could just vibe with while drinking my hot chocolate~

i am think overall the comedy gets a B (70%)
surprisingly i laughed quite a lot, which is something one punch man wasn't able to succeed at. although some of the jokes were boring, and some repetitive.

the only thing that was annoying is that sometimes things got repetitive. not just in comedy, but also in some of the story factors as well.
and there was a load of unnecessary drama that just made the anime quite dull.

but overall that was a fun ride~~

7/10
3099Dec 31, 2020 5:58 PM
Feb 15, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2018
curious chapter
it was entertaining
Well now let's see the other special chapter, and the other special and the 2nd season.
May 28, 2021 11:37 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I was wondering how they were going to end the season when the previous episode was already so climax-y. Turns out this is just a bonus episode lol.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 2021 1:10 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Didn't feel as much of a conclusion as last episode but I'll take anything I get xD. Especially if it's of extra episodes of this level of quality. Something about these charming girls just kept me wanting for more, you see.

In any case, it was nice to see the characters branching off and challenging new things. Poor Ricchan though, she thought she got a proposal and matured a little but it turned out to be Mio-chan's work in the making. Off to the sea shore to come up with lyrics sounds like a real pro, that's actually pretty cool!

Got a little worried for Mugi-chan but good to see that she managed to get over the hurdle with Yui-chan's random message and the group reuniting at her workplace. Azunyan and Azunyan-go lol, quite the shock there.

It was nice to see the girls reaffirming their goal to reach Budokun, lol.

All in all, it's been a fun ride! Started off okay-ish but somehow kept growing on me episode by episode. I'm definitely curious to see what S2 and the Movie's got in store for me.

8/10 from me. I'm seriously weak to these kind of feel good shows, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 26, 2021 2:51 AM

Aug 2018
So the season ended on pretty good note, although I must say that I had a little bit higher expectations .

The first part of this season was very good but then it kinda felt like it fell on the second part and the episodes just didn't deliver as much excitement as first part expect for ep 12.

As a whole this season first part is 8 and the second part that is dissapointing is a 6 which makes this 7/10 season overall for me
Aug 21, 2021 8:14 PM

Jul 2017
Boring episode, although it's pretty much an OVA basically. Didn't really add much to interest nor entertainment value. At least it's not as bad or random of a final episode to a season than the Mayo Chiki one which had a very strong episode 12, and just a random episode 13 that did not make any sense with the rest of the season placement wise.
Sep 23, 2021 5:07 AM

Feb 2020
I don't know why the streaming site I'm using decided to have anything except this episode, but it did have anything except this episode. So I had to watch it at super low quality in a reaction video. I'm upset.

Well, aside from that, that was a very cute show ! It made me laugh a few times and the characters are very endearing (Yui best girl). Now I didn't like it as much as some other shows like for example Yuru Camp or even Aria, but that's because when it comes to the CGDCT genre I tend to enjoy it much more in iyashikei, which is something K-On isn't. I also found the drama parts to sometimes be coming out of nowhere, like when Azusa started crying over her lack of understanding of the club or when Ritsu became jealous of Mio's friendship with Nodoka. I like that the show tried to develop its characters but maybe it should've done it with a bit more subtlety.

With that said, it was still an eandearing show that I truly enjoyed watching. So I don't really know which score to give it between 6 and 7... That'd probably be 6.5, but I'll stay with a 6 so that if the second season is better (which according to what I heard seems to be the case) I'll give it a well-deserved 7. I'm looking forward to that !
Oct 6, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2021
What a nice episode this was. I was really hoping for the off-chance that Mio was writing Ritsu a legitimate love letter. That would've been so cute!

I guess this is also a good time to give my thoughts on the season as a whole. Although a lot of the episodes were mediocre or even not good at all (like the Christmas one), the show had a lot of heart and some really great episodes, too. A good 6.5/10. Can't wait to watch next season!

Oct 15, 2021 12:20 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was not bad,it just felt like a ova or a filler episode. It's so funny when ritsu found out that wasn't love letter and remaining characters doing doing their own things
Overall some episodes are great and some are just fine.the faces they make they are so funny, every character has their own thing which makes them special and funny (especially yui and mio),the story some times wasn't great and same jokes used on and used on and some times the story felt like unrealistic.but at the end it put a smile on my face
__bl4nk__Oct 15, 2021 12:26 AM
Nov 1, 2021 10:20 AM

Mar 2019
Lol'd so much at the cat copying Azusa, it was cute, then it went bad when the kitty threw up something but seems like everything is alright. I could see a bit of "coming of age" from this episode. They are half-way done with their 2nd year so it will be over soon :(

Great season, didn't expect to like K-on that much.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 4, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2020
Not really an impressive episode, but it had some funny moments. Azusa was cute with that cat. =^_^=

Overall, a very good first season.

SerafosJan 28, 10:32 AM
Jul 2, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2021
The lyrics revelation part got me sooo good LMAO.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 14, 2022 7:51 AM
Apr 2021
Really good episode to wrap up the season , it was interesting to see the girls alone doing their own thing instead of being together. Loved seeing Mugi work her part-time job
Jan 3, 2023 6:08 PM
Jan 2023
A masterpiece, one of the first animes
Jan 24, 2023 7:13 PM
Jan 2023
This is the masterpiece of animes+music bands. I loved this anime.
Jan 29, 2023 7:15 AM
Jan 2023
cool asf xddddddddddddd
Feb 10, 2023 7:31 PM
Apr 2020
öälälälkäkääkäkl
Mar 7, 2023 6:26 AM
Dec 2021
Fav show I love it so much
Mar 30, 2023 2:37 PM

Jun 2019
Everyone was working so hard. It was so nice to see all of them working so hard. They made mistakes but they were learning. Rewatching it gave me the same feeling as it did back in the day.
May 1, 2023 6:30 AM
Apr 2019
yui my beloved, nuff said :D
May 16, 2023 2:59 PM
Dec 2022
i luv this animee <33 In my opinion, I highly recommend them. :b
Jun 2, 2023 10:35 AM

Aug 2022
I really love this anime. This first season is amazing and I'm so glad that I finally got around to watching it.

The episode itself was entertaining as always. Ritsu confusing the lyrics for a love letter was really funny!
Jul 1, 2023 9:21 AM
Jul 2023
asdasdasasdasd well
Jul 6, 2023 5:50 PM
May 2021
best anime music ever i watch
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
Rewatching K-ON! since first watching it in 2010 was such a pleasure. 7/10.

Ultimately this slice-of-life music anime is a simple Cute Girls Doing Cute Things who mostly have fun together, with occasional performances as a band and little practice.
Although, what makes it great is its atmosphere of a solid cast of cute funny girls, with good music. 
Practically every single is adorable and/or funny which is very enjoyable to watch.

From all of their cute actions, quirks, dynamic... 
While mostly drinking tea and eating cake, or spending time on a beach at one of Mugi's smaller vacation homes,
with little practice of improving the band, and occasional performance... 
To Sawako-sensei cosplaying the girls, Mugi surprising them with her status of riches, Ritsu's constant jokes and teasing, Mio's retorts, Yui's lazy laidback airhead personality, Ui doting and worrying on her older sister, Azusa being spoiled, and Nodoka with her reliability of helping them, and stories of her childhood with Yui.
The little brief flashbacks of the Hirasawa sisters, and Mio and Ritsu as kids as well. 

All very enjoyable. Surprisingly what makes the show is their adorable personalities of how they interact.
As great as that is as a CGDCT, the only flaws from K-ON! would be part of E9 & E11.
... Azusa's conflict of confusion by crying to why she was attracted over Light Music Club over superior bands was odd. Too exagerrated. Even if it's a good message to directly state that what makes them great is that they're friends enjoying themselves together.
Worse was the Ritsu and Mio drama though. 
It could have been better portrayed, but for how bad and abrupt it was, it's meaningless and irrelevant. 
Ritsu and Mio's potentially toxic relationship of teasing from Ritsu and violence from Mio could upset Ritsu, but they made it about being hurt for a sudden insult of Mio calling Ritsu dumb, along with a sudden reveal that Mio is getting closer to Nodoka, which got Ritsu jealous. ... It's all stupid.

As a whole, it's all still very entertaining, including the extra episode after the finale.

My personal favorite girls in order are;
Ritsu
Yui
Mugi
Mio
Azusa

As for supporting characters;
Ui
Sawako
Nadoka

Ritsu is my top favorite, but Yui is a strong second,
even though I understand why Mio is a popular favorite for many. 
She was mine as well, but I prefer Ritsu's confident extrovert personality over all of them, even though they're all great in their own way.
Nov 14, 2023 8:05 PM
Feb 2020
it's okay nothing too notable
Nov 26, 2023 12:13 PM
Nov 2023
Comforting anime, love to rewatch to over and over :3
Jan 22, 11:54 AM
Jun 2022
This good for in freetime, relax and chill
Jan 22, 11:54 AM
Jun 2022
This good for in freetime, relax and chill
Feb 19, 5:03 PM

May 2018
The Azunyolesomeness is overwhelming me...!!!

*faints*

6/10
Feb 21, 1:56 PM
May 2023
the erie atmosphere when they aren't together and then the upbeat music when they are!
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Jul 2021
Azusa taking care of a cat was kind of her.

Seeing Mio trying to make new lyrics was nice along with Tsumugi working a job though i feel bad for cause she spilt the drink on someone. Ricchan trying a new hairstyle was cute as well.

The animation throughout this show was nice along with great comedy and amazing moments.

overall 8/10 i will be back for season 2.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - May 28, 2009

294 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 1:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.